Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree154Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #2161
Vintage Vixen

<--- Printing a bunch of the blank forms that I use for work and even though I set it on "draft," they are taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R.

HEY LORIBELLE!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #2162
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
Granny, how was your birthday dinner?

Kristi, how's your arm feeling? Any good news with your stepdaughter? Who has the kids for Thanksgiving?

I'm counting down. I stocked up on monthly supplies & thought, "I hope this is the LAST TIME I buy these for me!" Of course, with 2 teenage girls, I'm buying triple right now, so it will slow to double. Dealing with major cramps & headache from this. 2 vicodin last night.

Nat's been a bit sickish, but felt good yesterday. Now it's settled into a cough. Blech.

Busy with life. Hugs!
I stocked up on "supplies" a couple of months ago when I had some coupons, and now it looks like I might skip 2 months in a row!! (Aunt Flo definitely skipped October, and it's getting close I think to also skipping November. WOO HOO) Anyway, I doubt I'm through with the curse completely so I'll probably still have a chance to use what I've bought, but maybe some day I can will my leftovers to Nat and Bethany. lol
Old 11-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #2163
Vintage Vixen

I think it's high time I got my roots touched up. My devil is showing (as one of the Margarita Girls used to say). LOL. So I've made an appointment for tomorrow for a touch-up, and then before my trip in January I'll get the full treatment.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #2164
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening!

I spent some time in my craft room this afternoon. I had some Christmas paper that I had bought (Dashing by SU) several years ago. I had used all the papers that I liked and was even going through some that I didn't like. However, I had at least six full sheets to do something with. I made three bags in a box. I'm going to wrap some Hershey's Nuggets with the leftover pieces. I just ordered the 2x8 cello bags so I can fill them and send them to the college kids next month. I got a lot of the candies so I can make several and use them as other little extras for gifts, too. Then I found some Christmas cards that I case'd. One I really like! I think I've used up most of the paper and with the nugget boxes/cello I can finish that off.

I tend to buy several of the "monthly" supply stuff, too. Marie rarely remembers to tell me when she is running low so she comes to look for stuff in my bathroom or Julie's. I try to keep extra in the hall linen closet. I "think" my last cycle was in May. I thought I'd written in down, but I didn't. Or at least not on the main calendar.

And I still didn't bake today! The bananas are going to be especially ripe. Tomorrow, I will do it tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #2165
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

[QUOTE=jor;19820663]But, I'm ba-a-a-a-ck. Nothing unexpected. She believes it is muscular in nature. I do have a script for an x-ray just to be sure. I have never had a back injury or been in an accident, but she wants to be certain. Then I have a script for physical therapy. The only challenge will be fitting it in to Julie's schedule.[/QUOTE

YOU must make it work for YOUR sake!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #2166
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
This week it is in the 50's/60's HERE. How odd that we'd have the same temps as you! It took 2 full days for our house to cool down, though. We still had the upstairs ac's running until this morning. Our house is a hot box.

Same here.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #2167
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Guess one day I should buy "supplies" to keep here for the girls.

Haven't bought any since my girls left home.

I take that back. I did buy napkins for the first aid kit.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #2168
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Birthday dinner was great. Way too much food but that is a given with me.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #2169
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

DID
Old 11-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #2170
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

I
Old 11-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #2171
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

TELL
Old 11-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #2172
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

YOU????
Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #2173
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

I
CAN'T
REMEMBER????
Old 11-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #2174
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

I
THINK
I
DID.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #2175
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

?
Old 11-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #2176
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

JUST TO BE SURE I WILL TELL YOU,AGAIN!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #2177
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Karlie,Kamryn and I are going to TEXAS for Thanksgiving!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #2178
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I saw that on Facebook, Granny! What holiday did spend their last time? Easter?

Busy night here. Just stuff. Our friends with all the health problems (wife- defibrilator, husband - paraplegic) celebrated their 30th anniversary today. I bought dinner for them. Her birthday was last month and she didn't have a very good day. I told her I wanted to do this. Especially to get what SHE wanted for dinner. So I did that, ran to the grocery store for things WE needed, came home and ate, Bill called from CA (he's there until Thurs), his sister called, Julie and her friend made brownies (the smell was making me sick to my stomach - I am not into chocolate that much anymore). Now I'm ready for bed!

Tomorrow. I am making that banana bread. Ask me so I'm held accountable!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:02 AM   #2179
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Ryder....Kamryn and I went for Thanksgiving once. The last time I went it was just a plain week. I decided ot to go Mardi Gras.

COOK THAT BREAD!

I am headed to take a shower. I am meeting Kensley and Brandi at Kensley's school for her Thanksgiving "Feast".
Old 11-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #2180
Vintage Vixen

Morning!

Jo Jo, have you made that bread yet? It's almost 11:00 at your house.

I cannot stand over-ripe bananas. I can barely stand ripe bananas (I eat mine when they're still slightly green).

Granny! WOO HOO! You girls will have fun at DYU's!

I have no plans for T'giving. Cindy emailed that she planned to invite me but it sounds like they're having a tussle with her MIL and she doesn't know what is going on yet. Tell me, what kind of person would invite her grandson for a holiday, but not her own son and daughter-in-law? Weird and nasty.

I have an appointment at 11:00 for highlights. Better do some work before I go.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #2181
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

It is now noon and I haven't made the banana bread yet. I will. The dishwasher is running and I still have some pots/pans to wash. I also remembered I have two bananas in the freezer. I'll make a double batch of the bread. I'll freeze them but then be ahead when I make my breads to give to various people in December. My vet and Andy (you remember him, right?) love these breads.

Really need to dust and vacuum again, too. Maybe I'll get to that, but I doubt it!

Miss I - I am always amazed at what families do or don't do. It really is crazy.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #2182
Duchess of Dork

Home from co-op & tired. I'm going to lie down in a minute. I have a quick vent. At Thanksgiving we always have pies, of course. Since I can't eat regular pie, I make GF ones. I also make pecan tassies, which are little tarts, but I prefer them to pecan pie. I don't like the filling in pecan pie, but the tassies aren't runny/custardy/gel-like. A few years ago MIL started complaining about the pecan tassies. She says the SAME thing every year, that they are to fatty. Ladies, I have made them with a BEAN based flour & used FAT FREE cream cheese in them, so they are NOT fatty. There is way less filling, thus WAY less sugar. Very little egg in each little bite. Turns out she really doesn't even like crust, so she doesn't like the pecan tassies. But, you see, the world does not revolve around her and the REST of us like them! I asked her a simple question for Natalie: Are you making pecan pie or should Natalie. Her answer, "If she wants to make pecan pie, that's ok with me (but not tarts, its too much pastry and more fatening) Thanks and hugs!" It's a direct jab at me, as THAT is why I am overweight. Also, she says gluten free flour tastes AWFUL, even though she's eaten plenty of things that are gluten free & says, "There's nothing wrong with that." Oh, but gf flour is AWFUL. And I'm overweight b/c of eating bread & pie crust, it seems. When she heard how much gf bread costs, she said, "I would just not eat bread." She says that EVERY TIME we are at her house & take bread. I take bread so that IF she makes a meal we can't eat, we can make a sandwich. I've also told her bread is a treat, I make it mostly for Bethany, we don't eat it often, etc. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I just replied to her note & said we would make the pecan pie. AND that WE like tassies & they are gluten free with fat free cream cheese and I WILL be making them. Double GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Okay, vent over!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #2183
Vintage Vixen

Waaaaa-hoo!

New highlights look lovely. She did just the top layers and crown so it didn't take as long. This will tide me over until January when I'll get the full treatment (before my vacation).

I decided to treat myself to Chinese take-out for lunch. Here's what my fortune cookie said,

"You have plenty of insight. Share it with others."

BAA HAHAHA! Watch out, girls.

Last edited by missiowa81; 11-14-2012 at 12:05 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #2184
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Home from co-op & tired. I'm going to lie down in a minute. I have a quick vent. At Thanksgiving we always have pies, of course. Since I can't eat regular pie, I make GF ones. I also make pecan tassies, which are little tarts, but I prefer them to pecan pie. I don't like the filling in pecan pie, but the tassies aren't runny/custardy/gel-like. A few years ago MIL started complaining about the pecan tassies. She says the SAME thing every year, that they are to fatty. Ladies, I have made them with a BEAN based flour & used FAT FREE cream cheese in them, so they are NOT fatty. There is way less filling, thus WAY less sugar. Very little egg in each little bite. Turns out she really doesn't even like crust, so she doesn't like the pecan tassies. But, you see, the world does not revolve around her and the REST of us like them! I asked her a simple question for Natalie: Are you making pecan pie or should Natalie. Her answer, "If she wants to make pecan pie, that's ok with me (but not tarts, its too much pastry and more fatening) Thanks and hugs!" It's a direct jab at me, as THAT is why I am overweight. Also, she says gluten free flour tastes AWFUL, even though she's eaten plenty of things that are gluten free & says, "There's nothing wrong with that." Oh, but gf flour is AWFUL. And I'm overweight b/c of eating bread & pie crust, it seems. When she heard how much gf bread costs, she said, "I would just not eat bread." She says that EVERY TIME we are at her house & take bread. I take bread so that IF she makes a meal we can't eat, we can make a sandwich. I've also told her bread is a treat, I make it mostly for Bethany, we don't eat it often, etc. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I just replied to her note & said we would make the pecan pie. AND that WE like tassies & they are gluten free with fat free cream cheese and I WILL be making them. Double GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Okay, vent over!
People like your MIL are so irritating. If she doesn't like the tassies, she doesn't have to eat them! Simple as that. But no....she has to pass judgment on those who DO like them. My guess is she's the type who does that on a lot of topics.

Good for you for telling her exactly what you would be making.

Enjoy your nap!

Last edited by missiowa81; 11-14-2012 at 12:10 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #2185
Vintage Vixen

P.S. I'm not a fan of pecan pie either. The tassies sound much better.

And as far as I'm concerned, the crust *MAKES* the pie. If the crust is yucky, there's no sense even eating the pie.

(There's some of my insight for ya. ba hahaha!)

Last edited by missiowa81; 11-14-2012 at 12:10 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #2186
Vintage Vixen

It is such a beautiful day here today. Very sunny and a little warmer (in the low 50s I think). I should go outside and rake up the neighbor's leaves that blew into our yard. lol Maybe after my lunch settles.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #2187
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

The first batch of banana bread (2) is baking. The other bananas are still thawing. I'll probably make that tonight. I also want to make a batch of chocolate crinkles. They are Bill's favorite cookies. As they are chocolate, and I'm not at all into that lately, it won't be at all tempting for me.

Lori, your MIL, my MIL, MY DAUGHTER, all the same. Actually, both of Bill's parents would be judgmental and mean like that. Bill's mother didn't really have a filter on much of what she said. I guess Marie could have gotten that from her, too.

I was going to stamp this afternoon, but the time got away from me. I'm not sure I feel like it now. On the other hand, I've almost finished the "new" cross stitch towel I started this week. I like the pattern so much better and it was quick stitching. I think I hated that other pattern so much I was just avoiding doing it. I'm weird, I know.

Any more insights for us, Miss I? And, can I just say, I'm VERY THANKFUL that Marie hasn't gotten that kind of fortune
Old 11-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #2188
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
The first batch of banana bread (2) is baking. The other bananas are still thawing. I'll probably make that tonight. I also want to make a batch of chocolate crinkles. They are Bill's favorite cookies. As they are chocolate, and I'm not at all into that lately, it won't be at all tempting for me.

Lori, your MIL, my MIL, MY DAUGHTER, all the same. Actually, both of Bill's parents would be judgmental and mean like that. Bill's mother didn't really have a filter on much of what she said. I guess Marie could have gotten that from her, too.

I was going to stamp this afternoon, but the time got away from me. I'm not sure I feel like it now. On the other hand, I've almost finished the "new" cross stitch towel I started this week. I like the pattern so much better and it was quick stitching. I think I hated that other pattern so much I was just avoiding doing it. I'm weird, I know.

Any more insights for us, Miss I? And, can I just say, I'm VERY THANKFUL that Marie hasn't gotten that kind of fortune
Oh, probably. After all, I have "plenty." lol

That's what cracked me up the most about the fortune--the wording. It didn't say, "You have great insight" or " profound insight." It said, "You have PLENTY of insight." See the difference?

Speaking of bread...I clipped a cranberry bread recipe out of a magazine last week that sound really good. You use canned cranberry (the whole sauce kind I think). Since I love cranberries, I want to try it. I bet it's super moist.

Last edited by missiowa81; 11-14-2012 at 01:51 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #2189
Vintage Vixen

I have a cross-stitch project that is pushing 15 years old. I haven't worked on it in years. Even if I finished it, I don't know what I would do with it now. It's a still-life of Fiesta dishes. I no longer have the dishes and I would have no place to hang it. (For the record, I didn't buy this project for myself. It was a gift from a former boyfriend.)
Old 11-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #2190
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Sometimes the wording in fortune cookies is priceless!

I have a lot of finished projects that I don't know what I'm going to end up doing with them. Framing is so costly. I will attempt to frame some of the smaller pieces myself (I took a course in framing) but I hate it and won't spend the time to do a large piece. I told someone, I love stitching and if I do a large piece I don't want to hate it by the time I've finished framing it. I really haven't done any large pieces in awhile. I have a really cute Advent calendar that I stitched, but haven't decided how I want that finished. I also started a beautiful angel but haven't picked that up in years. I had done another one and wanted to put the two side by side. At this point, the "old" one will be faded and they certainly won't look good next to each other.

I'm doing a lot of little baby bibs, towels and small baby birth samplers. The samplers I only do for certain people though. Because the framing is so expensive.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #2191
Vintage Vixen

So much for getting anything done this afternoon. First Cindy called me. Then not 5 minutes after hanging up from her, my mom called.

I'm so popular.

baa hahahah
Old 11-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #2192
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins View Post
Karlie,Kamryn and I are going to TEXAS for Thanksgiving!
Granny, that's such fun news!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #2193
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiowa81 View Post
Waaaaa-hoo!

New highlights look lovely. She did just the top layers and crown so it didn't take as long. This will tide me over until January when I'll get the full treatment (before my vacation).

I decided to treat myself to Chinese take-out for lunch. Here's what my fortune cookie said,

"You have plenty of insight. Share it with others."

BAA HAHAHA! Watch out, girls.
Ha ha!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #2194
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
People like your MIL are so irritating. If she doesn't like the tassies, she doesn't have to eat them! Simple as that. But no....she has to pass judgment on those who DO like them. My guess is she's the type who does that on a lot of topics.

Good for you for telling her exactly what you would be making.

Enjoy your nap!
You got it!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #2195
Vintage Vixen

I think my Aunt Mary has finally gone off the deep end for real.

The "trailer" she bought? It's a 37 foot 5th wheel!! And apparently she thinks she's going to live in it year round in Dallas. My mom and dad pointed out a whole bunch of things to Lisa:

1. Mary doesn't have a truck to tow the thing. She thought maybe Lisa's little truck could tow it. Not to mention, she can barely drive a little car without causing terror on the roads.
2. It gets below freezing there; the pipes could/would freeze and burst.
3. She'll have to be buying propane for heating and cooking.
4. She'll have to do her own "dumping."
5. She is not a handy person at all, in terms of dealing with repairs and maintenance. She'll have to find or hire someone anytime there's a problem.

Now, I know some single women would have no problems with any of these things. We just don't think my aunt is one of them. And at 73 years old it's unlikely she's going to turn into one. She has NEVER owned a camper or trailer of any kind.

Apparently she's on a waiting list for some place on the west side of town to park it. The people she bought the 5th wheel from will move it there for her. Lisa has told her she doesn't want to live on that side of town and she's also heard that during the summer, a lot of young people, a lot of partiers, stay at this park. Lisa has told Mary she will be getting her own place on the east side of town (probably the farther away the better!).

I think I have an idea for a new reality show...

Last edited by missiowa81; 11-14-2012 at 03:26 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #2196
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
P.S. I'm not a fan of pecan pie either. The tassies sound much better.

And as far as I'm concerned, the crust *MAKES* the pie. If the crust is yucky, there's no sense even eating the pie.

(There's some of my insight for ya. ba hahaha!)
Love your insight!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #2197
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Love your insight!
And there's more where that came from!! After all, I have PLENTY!

(Gotta love a SNARKY fortune cookie. lol)
Old 11-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #2198
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post

Yea on bread! These people drive me crazy. Nat can be like that, too, but mostly with what I wear. I have a personal Stacy and Clinton rolled into one.

I used to cross stitch a lot. That was fun!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #2199
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
I think my Aunt Mary has finally gone off the deep end for real.

The "trailer" she bought? It's a 37 foot 5th wheel!! And apparently she thinks she's going to live in it year round in Dallas. My mom and dad pointed out a whole bunch of things to Lisa:

1. Mary doesn't have a truck to tow the thing. She can barely drive a little car without causing terror on the roads. She thought maybe Lisa's little truck could tow it.
2. It gets below freezing there; the pipes could/would freeze and burst.
3. She'll have to be buying propane for heating and cooking.
4. She'll have to do her own "dumping."
5. She is not a handy person at all, in terms of dealing with repairs and maintenance. She'll have to find or hire someone anytime there's a problem.

Now, I know some single women would have no problems with any of these things. We just don't think my aunt is one of them. And at 73 years old it's unlikely she's going to turn into one. She has NEVER owned a camper or trailer of any kind.

Apparently she's on a waiting list for some place on the west side of town to park it. The people she bought the 5th wheel from will move it there for her. Lisa has told her she doesn't want to live on that side of town and she's also heard that during the summer, a lot of young people, a lot of partiers, stay at this park. Lisa has told Mary she will be getting her own place on the east side of town (probably the farther away the better!).

I think I have an idea for a new reality show...
She is crazy. Poor Lisa. Maybe she could go live with Honey Boo Boo.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #2200
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
And there's more where that came from!! After all, I have PLENTY!

(Gotta love a SNARKY fortune cookie. lol)
Bring it on, baby!