Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree154Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #2121
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I wished Granny a happy birthday on Facebook but forgot to here! Hope it is/was a great day.

Kristi - whine away. We'll listen. Or not - but you'll never know if we skip over your posts! LOL

I accomplished a lot today. I had three containers of "stuff" involving Sunday School/church things. I sorted through all three - got rid of a lot (recycling) and have things ready to go back to church in their proper homes there. I have music and stuff I will use for lessons in a small box. It is in the living room next to the piano. It might have to stay there.

Also managed to get all the laundry done - except a load of towels. It isn't a full load so I decided to wait. I need the flannel sheets out of the attic to wash. I'll put them on the bed when that is done. Bill hates the smell of the sheets/clothes when they come out of the bins. I don't mind it.

I still have a lot to do, but at least I made a teeny tiny dent.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #2122
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wench67 View Post
HAPPY

HAPPY

BIRTHDAY

GRANNY

!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #2123
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
Dear Granny,

Hope it is as special as you are! Love you!

THANK YOU!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #2124
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
Happy Birthday Granny!

THANK YOU!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #2125
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
I wished Granny a happy birthday on Facebook but forgot to here! Hope it is/was a great day.

Kristi - whine away. We'll listen. Or not - but you'll never know if we skip over your posts! LOL

I accomplished a lot today. I had three containers of "stuff" involving Sunday School/church things. I sorted through all three - got rid of a lot (recycling) and have things ready to go back to church in their proper homes there. I have music and stuff I will use for lessons in a small box. It is in the living room next to the piano. It might have to stay there.

Also managed to get all the laundry done - except a load of towels. It isn't a full load so I decided to wait. I need the flannel sheets out of the attic to wash. I'll put them on the bed when that is done. Bill hates the smell of the sheets/clothes when they come out of the bins. I don't mind it.

THANK YOU!

I agree with Bill.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #2126
Vintage Vixen

H A P P Y

B I R T H D A Y

G R A N N Y !

I hope you had a great day!

Old 11-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #2127
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
I think my arm issue stems from the flu shot I got about 2 1/2 weeks ago. The first few days afterwards, I had the normal discomfort you'd expect. But it's gotten progressively worse, to the point that the pain is disrupting my sleep. My doctor called a couple of days ago to see how I was doing after being sick so much last month (which is why I let him talk me into the shot to begin with). I mentioned the arm pain to him, and he said that the needle either caused a hematoma which is now pressing against a nerve, or hit a nerve directly. Either way, there's not a whole lot that can be done . Possibly physical therapy (which I don't want to do) or steroids (no way), or he can just prescribe pain killers. It could last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. If I get desperate, I'll opt for the pain killers, but I'm trying to avoid them. But it's ridiculously painful.

Okay, I think I've reached my limit for whining for this week!

I hope it clears up fast!
Old 11-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #2128
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
I'm going to assume that Miss I's pics are awesome! I just can't look at them because clowns give ms serious nightmares. Even friendly Mr. & Mrs. Wig clowns
I have to admit, Mr. Wig's makeup makes him look more like a witch doctor than a clown.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #2129
Vintage Vixen

Quote:

I accomplished a lot today.
I had three containers of "stuff" involving Sunday School/church things. I sorted through all three - got rid of a lot (recycling) and have things ready to go back to church in their proper homes there. I have music and stuff I will use for lessons in a small box. It is in the living room next to the piano. It might have to stay there.

Good for you!

My exciting Saturday night has consisted of cleaning the bathroom and doing laundry.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #2130
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

My Saturday night wasn't exciting either. We watched a bad Sci Fi movie and I did some cross stitch. I finished up a towel I had started. I dislike the pattern but I had gotten so far I didn't want to pull it all out. I'll give it to my cousin for a craft fair. I started a new one that is cute and I love. It is probably a little small for the towel I have so I may have to improvise and add something. Could be interesting!

Not sure what is on the schedule today. I have plenty to do, it is what I decide to do. I would love to stamp. I just might. I think I'll make a batch of banana bread, too, because I have some very, very ripe bananas.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #2131
Duchess of Dork

Just a funny for you. I think it's hilarious, as does Bethany. Nat thinks it's just wrong. What do you think?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #2132
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiowa81 View Post

H A P P Y

B I R T H D A Y

G R A N N Y !

I hope you had a great day!

THANK YOU!
Old 11-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #2133
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

A dull day here, rainy and grey. I just lazed around...did a few chores. I have tomorrow off, looking forward to doing errands a a weekday, rather than weekend. I have chicken drumsticks and a sweet potato in the oven for dinner.

So far so good with my new job. The VA does an excellent orientation and I like the ppl I will be working with. It will be stressful but satisfying.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #2134
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
Just a funny for you. I think it's hilarious, as does Bethany. Nat thinks it's just wrong. What do you think?

That is one warped cook.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #2135
Vintage Vixen

I am SO TIRED I almost feel sick.

I'm just staying up long enough to call the folks, and then I think I will be going to bed.

It rained cats and dogs today. According to the news we got an inch and two-thirds of rain. It's been a long time since we got that much rain, let alone in one day. We've needed it for months.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #2136
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not quite sure how I feel about Elmo. It certainly is warped! Bill would love it.

I had a very lazy day even though it was gorgeous outside. Bill was going to take our area rug from the living room to shampoo outside. When he pulled it up he saw a lot of stains on the underside (dogs getting sick, drinks being spilled - of course they weren't mine!) so we decided to just toss it. I'll replace it as it was inexpensive. He cleaned the hardwood and they shine and look absolutely beautiful. I would leave it this way, but I think it would echo. We'll live with it a bit and see.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:15 AM   #2137
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
I am SO TIRED I almost feel sick.

I'm just staying up long enough to call the folks, and then I think I will be going to bed.

It rained cats and dogs today. According to the news we got an inch and two-thirds of rain. It's been a long time since we got that much rain, let alone in one day. We've needed it for months.

Hope you feel better. Rain is coming in here today and suppose to last through tomorrow I think.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:18 AM   #2138
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Hedgie....Glad you feel you are going to like theVA.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:32 AM   #2139
Vintage Vixen

I went to bed at 9:00 last night. That is EARLY for this ol' night owl. LOL. I might have gone to bed even earlier but I forced myself to stay up so I could see the finale of The Men Who Built America, on the History channel.

It's kinda scary how history repeats itself (is repeating itself). So many things that happened in the late 1800s/early 1900s (in terms of business and government) are so relevant to today.

Of course, going to bed at 9:00 meant I was awake at 3:30 a.m. And I was hungry because I didn't eat much for dinner yesterday. I tried to fall back asleep but wasn't successful so at 4:30 I got up, ate some breakfast, and read the paper.

Now it is 6:30 a.m., it's not even light out yet, and I don't know what to do with myself. Who wants to start work this early? Not I!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:11 AM   #2140
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

We started to DVR the series but forgot until it was already a couple of episodes in.

I fell asleep in my chair for about 45 minutes last night ad was afraid it would keep me from going back to sleep but it didn't. I was wiped out once I stopped.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:17 AM   #2141
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

I am headed to art class in a bit. Not taking anything with me though because we are "playing" with watercolors today and there are enough supplies there.

I usually take WAY too much stuff with me. I tried leaving some here but then what I needed was home....LOL
Old 11-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #2142
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning. It is sunny and supposed to get into the mid 60s. Changes are coming by tomorrow night though.

My kitchen is a disaster. I need to clean it up and then bake that banana bread. I also want to make some quick treats for the college kids. I have to get that stuff in the mail tomorrow or they won't get it before Thanksgiving.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #2143
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I got the stuff packed for the college kids. I also addressed some Thankgiving cards for my family. Got the kitchen all cleaned up, too. Everything. I didn't make the banana bread - I'll do that tomorrow.

I have a doctor appointment in the morning. I'm hoping I can get some answers or at least suggestions for what to do about my back. I need to be able to move - like vacuum, iron, WALK. I want to be exercising but haven't been feeling it was okay. So, we shall see.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:47 AM   #2144
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins View Post
We started to DVR the series but forgot until it was already a couple of episodes in.

I fell asleep in my chair for about 45 minutes last night ad was afraid it would keep me from going back to sleep but it didn't. I was wiped out once I stopped.
Granny, according to our TV Guide, History is reshowing The Men Who Built America on Thursday. I don't know what time they start but at least as early as 5:00 p.m. my time and running all night. Maybe you can catch the reruns?
Old 11-13-2012, 04:24 AM   #2145
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Granny, according to our TV Guide, History is reshowing The Men Who Built America on Thursday. I don't know what time they start but at least as early as 5:00 p.m. my time and running all night. Maybe you can catch the reruns?

TKS!

I see four 2 hour programs coming on. Is that all of them?
Old 11-13-2012, 04:39 AM   #2146
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins View Post
TKS!

I see four 2 hour programs coming on. Is that all of them?
That sounds right.

The "Episode Guide" on their website lists 4 titles, and they each were 2 hours long.

Last edited by missiowa81; 11-13-2012 at 07:28 AM..
Old 11-13-2012, 04:59 AM   #2147
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. It is raining, as expected. I was awake late last night and heard the wind kick up and then the rain hitting the windows! Good thing I remembered to shut the bedroom window.

Off to my doctor's appointment. I hope she can give me some guidance. Of course, it isn't hurting right now. It does seem to go in cycles (which is why I think it is related to my "monthly" cycle). Or I'm all wrong. I doubt this will be "the answer" appointment, but she might be able to tell me what to do next.

I'll be back later. Don't have too much fun without me.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:35 AM   #2148
Vintage Vixen

WOO HOO!!

Joanne's gone! Let the party begin.

Last edited by missiowa81; 11-13-2012 at 05:42 AM..
Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #2149
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

But, I'm ba-a-a-a-ck. Nothing unexpected. She believes it is muscular in nature. I do have a script for an x-ray just to be sure. I have never had a back injury or been in an accident, but she wants to be certain. Then I have a script for physical therapy. The only challenge will be fitting it in to Julie's schedule.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #2150
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
But, I'm ba-a-a-a-ck. Nothing unexpected. She believes it is muscular in nature. I do have a script for an x-ray just to be sure. I have never had a back injury or been in an accident, but she wants to be certain. Then I have a script for physical therapy. The only challenge will be fitting it in to Julie's schedule.
Maybe you need to do some weight training.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #2151
Vintage Vixen

I am almost caught up with laundry! I had several tops that have to "lay flat to dry," so I can only do a couple at a time. I have 2 more to do and I can probably finish them up tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #2152
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
A dull day here, rainy and grey. I just lazed around...did a few chores. I have tomorrow off, looking forward to doing errands a a weekday, rather than weekend. I have chicken drumsticks and a sweet potato in the oven for dinner.

So far so good with my new job. The VA does an excellent orientation and I like the ppl I will be working with. It will be stressful but satisfying.
Sounds like it's going to be a good job! Yea!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #2153
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
That is one warped cook.
LOL! If it were a real critter, I wouldn't think it was funny, but the word play of tickle me Elmo to Pickle me Elmo cracked me up! I'm one warped cook! LOL!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #2154
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
I went to bed at 9:00 last night. That is EARLY for this ol' night owl. LOL. I might have gone to bed even earlier but I forced myself to stay up so I could see the finale of The Men Who Built America, on the History channel.

It's kinda scary how history repeats itself (is repeating itself). So many things that happened in the late 1800s/early 1900s (in terms of business and government) are so relevant to today.

Of course, going to bed at 9:00 meant I was awake at 3:30 a.m. And I was hungry because I didn't eat much for dinner yesterday. I tried to fall back asleep but wasn't successful so at 4:30 I got up, ate some breakfast, and read the paper.

Now it is 6:30 a.m., it's not even light out yet, and I don't know what to do with myself. Who wants to start work this early? Not I!
It's SO TRUE! History does repeat itself. When we were reading a book set in the 1600's in America it was the same as today as far as issues with the government & people. CRAZY! I mean there are some changes, but in general it's the same.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #2155
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Morning. It is sunny and supposed to get into the mid 60s. Changes are coming by tomorrow night though.

My kitchen is a disaster. I need to clean it up and then bake that banana bread. I also want to make some quick treats for the college kids. I have to get that stuff in the mail tomorrow or they won't get it before Thanksgiving.
This week it is in the 50's/60's HERE. How odd that we'd have the same temps as you! It took 2 full days for our house to cool down, though. We still had the upstairs ac's running until this morning. Our house is a hot box.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #2156
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
WOO HOO!!

Joanne's gone! Let the party begin.
Bwahahahahaha!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #2157
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
I guess that's good news/bad news. Hope the physical therapy helps.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #2158
Duchess of Dork

A day late & a dollar short but:

To Caro! NO CHOCOLATE just for you!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #2159
Vintage Vixen

That's right!

Isn't Caro's birthday TODAY?!?!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #2160
Duchess of Dork

Granny, how was your birthday dinner?

Kristi, how's your arm feeling? Any good news with your stepdaughter? Who has the kids for Thanksgiving?

I'm counting down. I stocked up on monthly supplies & thought, "I hope this is the LAST TIME I buy these for me!" Of course, with 2 teenage girls, I'm buying triple right now, so it will slow to double. Dealing with major cramps & headache from this. 2 vicodin last night.

Nat's been a bit sickish, but felt good yesterday. Now it's settled into a cough. Blech.

Busy with life. Hugs!