Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree154Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #121
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
When I was a child we lived near a dump...I road my bike to it with friends and we looked at the stuff. The person who supervised the dump was unfortunately named... last name...Outhouse. I always felt badly for them.

There was a sanitary landfield down the street from my grandmother. She and th neighbors used to watch for the trucks and then go down so they could go through the stuff before it was buried.

Depending on who was working they would either wait until they were finished OR immediately start bulldozing it under.

It was all new stuff. Guess it was overstock and was a tax write off maybe????
Old 08-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #122
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins View Post
There was a sanitary landfield down the street from my grandmother. She and th neighbors used to watch for the trucks and then go down so they could go through the stuff before it was buried.

Depending on who was working they would either wait until they were finished OR immediately start bulldozing it under.

It was all new stuff. Guess it was overstock and was a tax write off maybe????

One time it was Singer sewing machines.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #123
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Wow!

Kind of sad that new, good stuff regularly went to the dump.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #124
Vintage Vixen

At Granny's request...

But I guess it's OK if the rest of you look, too.

old-hairdo-july-2012.jpgnew-hairdo-1.jpgnew-hairdo-2.jpg

On the left, the before picture. Taken in D.C. two weeks ago (sorry to Joanne for cropping her out). I don't look TOO bad, considering this was at the end of my travel day and I had been up 18+ hours by the time this photo was taken. There wasn't much "style" left in the hair by then.

On the right: earlier tonight. I got cleaned up and played around with the new style until I was pretty happy with it, took these photos, then went to Walmart. haha!

(That's our lovely shower curtain behind me.)

Last edited by missiowa81; 08-11-2012 at 08:48 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #125
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
When I was a child we lived near a dump...I road my bike to it with friends and we looked at the stuff. The person who supervised the dump was unfortunately named... last name...Outhouse. I always felt badly for them.
That reminds me of a thread we had on SCS a LONG time ago about people's names matching their professions. One lady knew of a pest control person named Roach (we've known folks with that last name). I wonder if the Outhouse family chose to work their b/c of their name? I was a Smith, and of course, now, a Garrison. So, let's see, I could fit horses with shoes or be an entire army. LOL!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #126
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
WOW! THat's crazy!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #127
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Did any of you watch Dallas?
Phil did, so if I happened to be down when he watched it I would. Same JR! You can't trust anyone on that show. No one is who they appear to be. Did you watch the finale? Phil figured out who the girl was before they showed who she was (I won't say more in case you didn't see that one yet). Then, somewhere tucked into the back of my head was the family tree from the Old Dallas so I clarified why that was even more interesting family wise. So cryptic!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #128
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiowa81 View Post
At Granny's request...

Attachment 255050Attachment 255051Attachment 255052

On the left, the before picture. Taken in D.C. two weeks ago (sorry to Joanne for cropping her out). I don't look TOO bad, considering this was at the end of my travel day and I had been up 18+ hours by the time this photo was taken. There wasn't much "style" left in the hair by then.

On the right: earlier tonight. I got cleaned up and played around with the new style until I was pretty happy with it, took these photos, then went to Walmart. haha!

If I could do that Cat Call Whistle, I would! I can't whistle at all, though. I LOVE the new look. Shorter & Sassier!

Have you seen the article about the lady saying how she liked Dollar General b/c she didn't have to get all dressed up like she did when she went to Wal-mart? LOL!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #129
Duchess of Dork

I'm seeing these fall stamps & thinking how much I'd love to be coloring fall images right now. I think that's my favorite time of year to make cards. I love the colors & all the fall stuff. I like Christmas, too, but fall is just fun. Maybe b/c it's always when the temps drop below 90 for the first time in months here! Though there have been hot days even in fall around here.

Our anniversary is tomorrow. We are sending the kids to a friend's house so we can either go out or stay home or do whatever we want without kids. Natalie wanted to know why we needed all afternoon if we were just going out to eat. WHAT could we possibly be doing that would take more time? At first we were saying things like, "We might watch a movie upstairs and downstairs and run up & down the stairs. Maybe we'll throw a party...." and so on. Finally I said, "Well, remember that talk...." and before I could finish she said, "NO! I don't want to hear anymore!" It was hilarious! Did you ever think, when you first heard about THAT stuff, that YOUR parents never did that? I still don't like to think about it! LOL!

My tummy feels icky today. I think going through adjustments of the new eating stuff is hitting it. I tried some caffeine free coke last night & it tasted like syrup. Today I ordered a medium real coke & it tasted too sweet, too. I can't believe 4 days of no sugar would already make me think coke was too sweet, but that's good. Part of this diet (and by diet, they mean a way of eating, not just losing weight) is using less & less processed foods. Not that it's all from scratch cooking, but using fruit rather than sugar, or whole wheat (well, not for me) over white wheat. Tonight I made sticky buns (gluten free) for tomorrow morning using maple syrup as the main sweetener and "Challenge Butter" with fat free Greek Yogurt as some of the "fats". Each meal has a healthy fat in it, so the cinnamon rolls have pecans in them. Tonight I just did my own meal & made turkey burgers with just a little salt, no salt seasoning, low fat cheese, salad, and some sliced avocado.

Hope you all have a good weekend!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #130
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
If I could do that Cat Call Whistle, I would! I can't whistle at all, though. I LOVE the new look. Shorter & Sassier!

Have you seen the article about the lady saying how she liked Dollar General b/c she didn't have to get all dressed up like she did when she went to Wal-mart? LOL!
I did feel a tad over dressed.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:33 AM   #131
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama
Funny for the day:

I wasn't that little at birth. 8 and a half pounds or something. I'll settle for getting down to 190, then 180, and eventually 150! NOT my pre-fat weight of 125. Then I'd be gaunt!
Yeah, I don't think 7 pounds 2 ounces is realistic for me eir her!

The one constant through all the years...has been baseball.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:43 AM   #132
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins
I've tried to watch the first episode three times, but I've fallen asleep within 15 minutes each time! It has nothing to do with the quality of the show, just the time at which I start trying to watch. I have all the episodes recorded, though, and plan to watch them as a marathon some weekend soon (probably Labor Day weekend when I have extra time).

I've heard about the ending though!

Old 08-12-2012, 05:44 AM   #133
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins

Holy cow, what a waste!

Old 08-12-2012, 05:45 AM   #134
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiowa81
At Granny's request...

Love the new 'do!

Old 08-12-2012, 05:53 AM   #135
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
I'm seeing these fall stamps & thinking how much I'd love to be coloring fall images right now. I think that's my favorite time of year to make cards. I love the colors & all the fall stuff. I like Christmas, too, but fall is just fun. Maybe b/c it's always when the temps drop below 90 for the first time in months here! Though there have been hot days even in fall around here.

Our anniversary is tomorrow. We are sending the kids to a friend's house so we can either go out or stay home or do whatever we want without kids. Natalie wanted to know why we needed all afternoon if we were just going out to eat. WHAT could we possibly be doing that would take more time? At first we were saying things like, "We might watch a movie upstairs and downstairs and run up & down the stairs. Maybe we'll throw a party...." and so on. Finally I said, "Well, remember that talk...." and before I could finish she said, "NO! I don't want to hear anymore!" It was hilarious! Did you ever think, when you first heard about THAT stuff, that YOUR parents never did that? I still don't like to think about it! LOL!

My tummy feels icky today. I think going through adjustments of the new eating stuff is hitting it. I tried some caffeine free coke last night & it tasted like syrup. Today I ordered a medium real coke & it tasted too sweet, too. I can't believe 4 days of no sugar would already make me think coke was too sweet, but that's good. Part of this diet (and by diet, they mean a way of eating, not just losing weight) is using less & less processed foods. Not that it's all from scratch cooking, but using fruit rather than sugar, or whole wheat (well, not for me) over white wheat. Tonight I made sticky buns (gluten free) for tomorrow morning using maple syrup as the main sweetener and "Challenge Butter" with fat free Greek Yogurt as some of the "fats". Each meal has a healthy fat in it, so the cinnamon rolls have pecans in them. Tonight I just did my own meal & made turkey burgers with just a little salt, no salt seasoning, low fat cheese, salad, and some sliced avocado.

Happy anniversary!! And Happy BCBW!!

And that's awesome about the effect cutting out sugar has had on your sweet tooth. I really need to do that; I've tried a few times but just can't stick with it.

I have been doing a little better lately though. My usual breakfast for the past two weeks has been a smoothie made with a banana, vanilla almond milk, peanut butter, Greek yogurt and spinach. The first week I made it I accidentally bought the sweetened variety of almond milk, and used regular old Skippy peanut butter, and it was utterly delicious. This week I got the unsweetened almond milk, and used something called Better N Peanut Butter that I found at Trader Joe's. Way fewer calories and fat. The smoothie is still good, but not quite as delicious as it was. Still pretty darned filling though. And you can't taste the spinach at all, which is the only way I'll eat it! I'm going to branch out this week and add some different fruits to the mix. Now if I can only get my eating the rest of each day on track!

Old 08-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #136
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Wow!

Kind of sad that new, good stuff regularly went to the dump.

It was.

This was 30/40 years ago so stuff like that may not happen anymore.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #137
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
At Granny's request...

Attachment 255050Attachment 255051Attachment 255052

I like it!
Old 08-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #138
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Phil did, so if I happened to be down when he watched it I would. Same JR! You can't trust anyone on that show. No one is who they appear to be. Did you watch the finale? Phil figured out who the girl was before they showed who she was (I won't say more in case you didn't see that one yet). Then, somewhere tucked into the back of my head was the family tree from the Old Dallas so I clarified why that was even more interesting family wise. So cryptic!

Lisa(DD)had it figured out because of her name. Not exactly who her daddy was but that she had to be a part of "that" family.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #139
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

I am cutting out salt starting tomorrow. Just added salt,which will work wonders for me. I will still cook with a small amount. We switched to Morton's Lite Salt a long time ago but I still use too much.

Also going to TRY for no more than 1/2 Cokes a day.

Losing weight would be nice but I just want to feel better.

Going to add the water back too.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #140
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Old 08-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #141
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
The original, a few times.

The new one, no.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #142
Vintage Vixen

Quote:

Hmmm, what COULD you be talking about??
Old 08-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #143
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wench67 View Post
Happy anniversary!! And Happy BCBW!!

And that's awesome about the effect cutting out sugar has had on your sweet tooth. I really need to do that; I've tried a few times but just can't stick with it.

I have been doing a little better lately though. My usual breakfast for the past two weeks has been a smoothie made with a banana, vanilla almond milk, peanut butter, Greek yogurt and spinach. The first week I made it I accidentally bought the sweetened variety of almond milk, and used regular old Skippy peanut butter, and it was utterly delicious. This week I got the unsweetened almond milk, and used something called Better N Peanut Butter that I found at Trader Joe's. Way fewer calories and fat. The smoothie is still good, but not quite as delicious as it was. Still pretty darned filling though. And you can't taste the spinach at all, which is the only way I'll eat it! I'm going to branch out this week and add some different fruits to the mix. Now if I can only get my eating the rest of each day on track!
You had me until you got to spinach!
Old 08-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #144
Vintage Vixen

H A P P Y

A N N I V E R S A R Y

L O R I B E L L E

a n d

P H I L !

Old 08-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #145
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Hello All, the examples above of Fall Stamps are getting me excited to stamp. I love Fall and the creative stamps offered.

I have been ok..trying process...a change. While am angry I know as a mature woman what I need...
Old 08-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #146
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
I am cutting out salt starting tomorrow. Just added salt,which will work wonders for me. I will still cook with a small amount. We switched to Morton's Lite Salt a long time ago but I still use too much.

Also going to TRY for no more than 1/2 Cokes a day.

Losing weight would be nice but I just want to feel better.

Going to add the water back too.
We don't use much salt; the salt shaker stays in the cupboard. I probably use more than the folks do. Only certain things almost require S&P: eggs, potatoes, fresh sliced avocados, and of course tomatoes.

I really miss my water if I don't drink enough every day.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #147
Duchess of Dork

Happy Anniversary to Kristi and Will!
Old 08-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #148
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Hmmm, what COULD you be talking about??
Yahtzee. Strip Yahtzee, to be exact.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #149
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

You had me until you got to spinach!
I actually thought the same thing until I tried it. You absolutely cannot taste the spinach. There's no way I would use it if I could taste it. I think spinach is nasty!

Old 08-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #150
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Happy Anniversary to Kristi and Will!
Thank you! It's not actually until Tuesday, but since it's a work night and we have the kids, we aren't doing thing to really celebrate. Well, nothing that can be discussed publicly

Old 08-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #151
Lil' RAD Taquito

Hola Chicas!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #152
Lil' RAD Taquito

Happy Anniversary to Kristi and Will!!

Happy Anniversary to Lori and Phil!

Happy Travels Jo and Bill!!

Granny, I knew you will like to see your boyfriend

MissI, you look fabulous. That hair cut is cute and sassy. Love it!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #153
Lil' RAD Taquito

Its grey and "cold" here today. Upper 60s sure feels "cold" after being in the 100s

I need to load the washer, double check existing (reusable) school supplies, compare them to the new lists and make a list of stuff that we need to get. Sam's
Old 08-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #154
Lil' RAD Taquito

BTW, I love spinach. In soup, quiche, omelet, rice. I should try it in a smoothie, sound interesting.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #155
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Dentist said to finish antibiotics and come back in 2 weeks. She cannot see anything wrong with the tooth on x-ray. Said it might have been just the gum area.

Ran in the store to pick up a "few" things. Came out $100.00 poorer.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #156
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Dentist said to finish antibiotics and come back in 2 weeks. She cannot see anything wrong with the tooth on x-ray. Said it might have been just the gum area.

Ran in the store to pick up a "few" things. Came out $100.00 poorer.
Ouch! On both areas---gums and store!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #157
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocalipsisR View Post
Its grey and "cold" here today. Upper 60s sure feels "cold" after being in the 100s

I need to load the washer, double check existing (reusable) school supplies, compare them to the new lists and make a list of stuff that we need to get. Sam's
60's? WOW! I would LOVE to know how that feels! I think it must have been 104 yesterday. Felt like it.

Happy shopping and washing!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #158
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wench67 View Post
Thank you! It's not actually until Tuesday, but since it's a work night and we have the kids, we aren't doing thing to really celebrate. Well, nothing that can be discussed publicly
Ah, c'mon, you can tell US! We'll keep it a secret. LOL! I couldn't remember the exact date, but saw you'd gone out for a pre-anniversary date on FB. Then I remembered it was near ours. Have fun doing non-public things!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #159
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
60's? WOW! I would LOVE to know how that feels! I think it must have been 104 yesterday. Felt like it.

Happy shopping and washing!

It was 58 on the carport this morning but it will be 90 before the day is out.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #160
Lil' RAD Taquito

Granny, did you get the "home page" thing sorted?