Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree154Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #641
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Kristi - my hubby was sitting here last night and all of a sudden he said "I have to go to work tomorrow". He sounded so unhappy. And he usually does not. In general he likes his job.

Julie was happy because her class ended over an hour early! She wants to take a nap. Said she hasn't been sleeping well.
atc-you-ought-afraid-watermarked.jpg

baa hahahhahah!

I made this last night (click to enlarge).
Old 09-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #642
Duchess of Dork

Quick Hello! We're home & in the middle of our first day of school. Fighting with my color printer. It's lousy. Epson & stopped working long ago. It really hates the non-brand name inks & never prints well. I want a new printer!

Will try to catch up later. Hugs!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #643
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Miss I - that is so cute! I'll share it with Julie when she comes upstairs again! LOL

I had a doctor's appointment and I am feeling pretty good right about now! She was VERY pleased with my weight loss (I was hoping for more) and equally happy about my lower A1C number (diabetic test). It has come way down. Just a little more and I'm considered normal - not pre-diabetic anymore!!! I'm so happy. She also thought my cholesterol which is a little high will continue to come down. Just a little concerned about high BP which just started a few months ago. I'm to keep an eye on that but she is pretty sure it will continue to drop.

She ordered an ultrasound for my low back pain.

All in all, not a horrible day.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #644
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Miss I - that is so cute! I'll share it with Julie when she comes upstairs again! LOL

I had a doctor's appointment and I am feeling pretty good right about now! She was VERY pleased with my weight loss (I was hoping for more) and equally happy about my lower A1C number (diabetic test). It has come way down. Just a little more and I'm considered normal - not pre-diabetic anymore!!! I'm so happy. She also thought my cholesterol which is a little high will continue to come down. Just a little concerned about high BP which just started a few months ago. I'm to keep an eye on that but she is pretty sure it will continue to drop.

Cute?! It's supposed to scare ya!

Sounds like you got a lot of good news at the doctor's today. GOOD FOR YOU!! Give yourself a pat on the back. I'm glad she ordered the ultrasound.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #645
Vintage Vixen

I got to ride in the motorhome today! That's my first time ever to ride in it. Pretty darn cool! But OMG--I swear it looked like we were going to sideswipe something along the way. lol

Dad took the RV to the dealership this morning because of the refrigerator. It went kaput on them during their last trip. Apparently it was an easy fix, it just needed to be reset and the tech said it may have been caused by a power surge or something like that. They did have a bad storm when they were at the Grand, and that was the night it conked out.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #646
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
Quick Hello! We're home & in the middle of our first day of school. Fighting with my color printer. It's lousy. Epson & stopped working long ago. It really hates the non-brand name inks & never prints well. I want a new printer!

Hey Loribelle!

Sorry about the lousy printer. What is it with these school districts that don't provide adequate equipment for its teachers?

Do you go to one of those "Rapid Refill" places for your ink? I thought about trying them out, because I print a lot of stuff. But someone told me that the refilled ink cartridges don't last very long. So they may be cheaper, but then you have to replace them more often (meaning another errand to run which can be a PITA). So I just decided to stick with buying the brand name (our printer is HP). Besides, I can recycle my empty HP ink cartridges at Staples and get $2 for each one to use toward more ink or whatever else I buy there.

Last edited by missiowa81; 09-04-2012 at 03:32 PM..
Old 09-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #647
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins View Post
Afternoon.

Miss I....Hope your finger feels better. It only takes a small space for a mouse to wiggle through.

Kristi....Cooking sounds like fun. I have a friend that just published her second cookbook. I need to try some of her recipes. It also contains LOTS of "make your own" cleaning supplies.

Yea on a nap for Julie.
Thanks, Granny. It is. There's a little blister and it still stung last night when I got it wet. But today it doesn't hurt at all -- I was worried how it would feel when I shampooed my hair. I *had* to shampoo my hair today no matter what.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #648
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiowa81 View Post
Hey Loribelle!

Sorry about the lousy printer. What is it with these school districts that don't provide adequate equipment for its teachers?

Do you go to one of those "Rapid Refill" places for your ink? I thought about trying them out, because I print a lot of stuff. But someone told me that the refilled ink cartridges don't last very long. So they may be cheaper, but then you have to replace them more often (meaning another errand to run which can be a PITA). So I just decided to stick with buying the brand name (our printer is HP). Besides, I can recycle my empty HP ink cartridges at Staples and get $2 for each one to use toward more ink or whatever else I buy there.
After using a couple of them I went back to the brand name.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #649
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

YEA on good doctor visits. WTG!

Motor homes scare me....LOL

BOO HISS on messed up printers.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #650
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Miss I - I can't believe you've never ridden in the motorhome before! I was worried about riding in ours (which is not as big) and feeling like we'd hit things. I think I would definitely have issues with the Class A like your parents (and two of our neighbors) have. I don't know that I would be comfortable driving one that size either. We're pretty content with the one we have.

By the way, we are going away the end of the week! For Bill's birthday. We want to go to a beach but all the campgrounds are full! I thought it would be easier to get a spot if we waited until after Labor Day. Guess all the retirees are still out and about! We hope to leave Thursday, come back Saturday.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #651
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Miss I - I can't believe you've never ridden in the motorhome before! I was worried about riding in ours (which is not as big) and feeling like we'd hit things. I think I would definitely have issues with the Class A like your parents (and two of our neighbors) have. I don't know that I would be comfortable driving one that size either. We're pretty content with the one we have.

By the way, we are going away the end of the week! For Bill's birthday. We want to go to a beach but all the campgrounds are full! I thought it would be easier to get a spot if we waited until after Labor Day. Guess all the retirees are still out and about! We hope to leave Thursday, come back Saturday.

HAVE FUN!!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #652
Vintage Vixen

Quote:

w00t w00t! Have a fabulous time.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #653
Lil' RAD Taquito

Hola Chicas!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #654
Lil' RAD Taquito

MissI, poor finger (kiss kiss). Ugghhh, mice are cute but dirty. I can't even imagine the feeling of being in the motorhome. Just driving the minivan vs the small car makes a difference.

Lori, I will not buy "generic" cartridges anymore. They will always cause our printers to malfunction or break

Kristi, whe you are done cleaning over there, will you come here?

Jo, great news on the test results. You have been so good and working so hard you deserve those good news.

Granny, I hope all is well.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:33 AM   #655
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

MORNING!

MUST get off my backside and do something.

BBL.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:14 AM   #656
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Hi Everyone!
I went away for two days with DD. We had a grand time. Shopped at Tanger and spent a day at a spa!! Today we are going to Costco to get her membership and Walgreen's to find out who is messing up her prescription....they are giving her the wrong dose when she refills in CO!

As you can imagine I am on top of the world! This is like heaven for me. I have to work Thurs and Friday. She leaves Sat.

My boss will not allow us to go beneath a certain number of PTO hours. If I took two more days off I would go beneath "her" idea of how many we must keep in the bank. I have earned those hours off and should be able to use all of them if I want to. Enuf said.

I hope everyone is having a great week. We are getting rain here today...but the last two days away were fabulous!!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #657
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Hedgie....GREAT on the away time!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #658
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hedgie - I'm so glad you got a break. That really does not sound fair (or legal) about the time off. But I'm glad you are having so much fun and doing so much!!!

It is disgustingly humid outside. YUCK. The RV is in the driveway. Bill is running cable so we can watch tv out there. I took veggies and tea out there so I have healthy snacks and drinks. We only have to be out there 4-6 hours, but if I get hungry, I want some healthy to munch on. We do plan on getting takeout for dinner.

While I was at the doctor yesterday she recommended I get an ultrasound for my lower back. She wants to rule out fibroid tumors. I really don't think that is it, but we'll see. So I cancelled my gyn appointment that was for tomorrow. I'll have my mammo and the ultrasound and then go for the appointment. So, my week got a little easier.

Bill thinks he'd like to go the Poconos for our days away. He found a few campsights that he wants me to check out. There is one where he can fish at their private lake. I think I'll push for that one. He hasn't gone fishing in over two years.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #659
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Ryder....Poppa LOVES the lakes at the little campground we go to.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #660
Duchess of Dork

Hi!

Hedgie, woo hoo on days off with dd! I had a principal in one school where I taught who thought like your boss. Sorry she tries to dictate your pto days.

Jo Jo, the Poconos sounds lovely. Keep us posted on your back.

Granny, do you camp near home or in a different area?

I need to finish school with Bethany. TTYL.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #661
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Hi!

Hedgie, woo hoo on days off with dd! I had a principal in one school where I taught who thought like your boss. Sorry she tries to dictate your pto days.

We usually camp(2-3 different places)within 2 hours of home. It is still "away" and quiet but not far to get back home.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #662
Forum Fanatic

Aloha!

Nothing went as planned yesterday, but it still beat going to work!

Hubby decided he wanted to go fishing after breakfast, so we headed a few towns over to a reservoir. Got caught in horrific traffic on the way there, then the fish were nowhere to found. He spent probably 90 minutes before giving up without a single bite.

Then we headed over to his mom's, and spent a lot longer there than we had planned. Didn't get home until after 4pm, and he had to immediately start in on some work that he had been putting off all weekend. I only had time to bake one thing that I wanted to (a healthy banana bread that actually tastes good!), before running off to a planning meeting for grad night. I didn't get home from that until 9:30ish.

The one constant through all the years...has been baseball.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #663
Forum Fanatic

The horrible traffic I mentioned was caused by a major freeway being closed. During the morning commute, a CHP officer was shot by someone he had pulled over for a "routine" traffic stop. The officer's partner then shot the suspect. The freeway was closed down in both directions for over 6 hours for the investigation (they thought for awhile that there was another suspect on the loose). They did open the lanes on the other side in time for the evening commute, but the southbound side didn't re-open until sometime after 7pm.

The suspect died of his wounds at the hospital a few hours later.

The officer is still technically alive, although the CHP is saying he suffered a fatal wound; his spinal cord was severed. He is on life support until the family is ready to remove it. It's just so so sad

Old 09-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #664
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Kristi - my hubby was sitting here last night and all of a sudden he said "I have to go to work tomorrow". He sounded so unhappy. And he usually does not. In general he likes his job.

Julie was happy because her class ended over an hour early! She wants to take a nap. Said she hasn't been sleeping well.
Yay for naps! Wish I could take one!

Old 09-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #665
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

baa hahahhahah!

I made this last night (click to enlarge).
Love it!

Old 09-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #666
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I've never had luck with the non-brand name inks. It always winds up being more beneficial on the long run to pay the extra for the name brand.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #667
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

That sounds like a great appointment, Jo! You're doing great!

Old 09-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #668
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
I got to ride in the motorhome today! That's my first time ever to ride in it. Pretty darn cool! But OMG--I swear it looked like we were going to sideswipe something along the way. lol

Dad took the RV to the dealership this morning because of the refrigerator. It went kaput on them during their last trip. Apparently it was an easy fix, it just needed to be reset and the tech said it may have been caused by a power surge or something like that. They did have a bad storm when they were at the Grand, and that was the night it conked out.
I always hated riding in the front seat of my ex-FIL's motor home. I always felt like we were going to careen off the edge of the road. It didn't help that he drove it like he was on a racetrack.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #669
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Fun!

Old 09-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #670
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocalipsisR View Post
Kristi, whe you are done cleaning over there, will you come here?
Um, no.

And I'm guessing it will be many many months before you hear me mention that I'm cleaning again. I am done!!! I feel like I'm shoveling snow from the sidewalk in the middle of the worst blizzard ever.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #671
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Kristi - I hear you on the cleaning. I never feel like I've accomplished enough! I guess if I did it more often I might feel differently.

The exterminator guys are here now. They didn't get here until 4 and just started the steaming, chemical process. We can't get back in the house until after 9 at the earliest. I brought drinks and veggies out to the RV and am snacking. Bill and the girls are going to the movies. I'm staying here in the RV with the dogs. I've got cable, computer, A/C, cross stitch, Sunday school stuff. Plenty to keep me busy! Some of this stuff might stay in here to take with us tomorrow when we go away! Why not!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #672
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

The ONLY drawback right now is that we have to run the generator in order to have the A/C. It is a little loud. But I'm okay with it. Really!!! I'm all set up here - have my computer on the table, the phone, a bottle of water and am working on church stuff. I feel so cool! Yes, I'm weird.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #673
Lil' RAD Taquito

Has anybody ever used "softcups"? what did/do you think?

Pros, cons, likes, dislikes....
Old 09-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #674
Lil' RAD Taquito

Where is MissI?

I have not seen her around today
Old 09-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #675
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Caro - you are right. She hasn't posted since yesterday. I've been distracted today. Hope everything is okay - we love you, Miss I!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #676
Duchess of Dork

Jo, why are you staying out in your RV? I missed a lot last week!

Kristi, that is sad about the officer. Just trying to do his job. Poor family that is left behind now.

Caro, hola!

Granny, are you running grandkids around this week?

Miss I? Where you be?

Hedgie, howdy!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #677
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocalipsisR View Post
Has anybody ever used "softcups"? what did/do you think?

Pros, cons, likes, dislikes....
Bras? something else? I'm not sure what softcups are. Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis? Did you have that show in Ecuador?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #678
Duchess of Dork

I need to stay off of facebook. Just reading political opinions is making me sick to my stomach. I need some FUN talk from my honeys! : )
Old 09-06-2012, 03:53 AM   #679
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Hi!

Lori, she treats us like we are children, bad children. She is a real peach! (not)
Old 09-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #680
Lil' RAD Taquito

Quote:
Bras? something else? I'm not sure what softcups are. Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis? Did you have that show in Ecuador?
Of course we had that show in Ecuador. It was awesome!

But he didn't say "watchu talkin' 'bout Willis?", he said:"De q estas hablando Willis?" hahhahahahahha

Softcups are a femenine product for your "difficult days" (btw, that is how we call "those days" in Spanish. "Dias dificiles" LOL)