Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree154Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 01:03 AM   #4561
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
Went to my folks. I ate then slept, or dozed, for 3 hours! Yikes! Got up with a headache.

Home and resting.
Hope you were able to get rid of the headache! Rest rest rest!

The one constant through all the years...has been baseball.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:15 AM   #4562
Forum Fanatic

On the good news (aka now that I've stopped whining ), we *may* have found a new house already.

We looked at one last night - actually Friday night, since it's now Sunday morning (Happy Easter!) - it was almost perfect, except for the fact that the owner won't allow pets. So our menagerie would be out of the question. Will was tempted to just tell them we have no animals, and then just bring them along anyway. I just couldn't do that, and by Saturday morning he had regained his senses and decided that that wouldn't be right. He had just been feeling a bit bitter and angry that we had been, in his opinion, lied to once again about being able to stay long-term in a house, and if everyone else was going to be dishonest we might as well be too. I'm quite thankful he came to his senses!

Saturday we looked at another house. This one isn't as big, but it has one important feature - an in-law suite. It has its own entrance from outside, but also has a door into the main house. So, we filled out the application and dropped it of tonight. If we get it, my mother will be moving in to the in-law suite. I'm not too excited about that idea, but I think it's for the best. The rest of the house is smaller, so we're going to have get rid of some things, but that's good. I was feeling the need to de-junk some more anyway. And I'll have a slightly larger kitchen with more counter and cabinet space than here. Not much, but this house had very little. And, we will finally have a bedroom all to ourselves again! In the last house, the master bedroom door didn't shut all the way, and so we had limited privacy. In this house, there is kind of a foyer into our bedroom, and Ben and Kaiti have to go through there to get to there room. And to get to the bathroom. Yeah, it will be nice to have a private room, with a door that actually shuts, again!

So please say a prayer that we get the house!

Old 03-31-2013, 01:18 AM   #4563
Forum Fanatic

Okay, I should really try to go back to sleep now. I was woken my morons from the bar up the street. They were running up and down the streets, just yelling drunkenly. I had to call the police. I won't miss that part of living here!

Good night and Happy Easter!!

Old 03-31-2013, 08:46 AM   #4564
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Kristi....Hope you get the house and YEA on doors that shut all the way!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:47 AM   #4565
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Not sure if I am just tired or getting sick. Hope it is just tired.

Today is a Ginger Ale kinda day.

Getting dark outside and I hear a little distant thunder. Maybe I will take one of my rare naps.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #4566
Vintage Vixen

Hola!

Happy Easter, everyone!

I'm going to Marylee's for an early dinner (be there by 3). Actually, I'm going to Chris's (her beau) and Marylee's... New living arrangement at HIS place.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #4567
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Hope everyone is having a GREAT Easter Day!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #4568
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiowa81 View Post
Hola!

Happy Easter, everyone!

I'm going to Marylee's for an early dinner (be there by 3). Actually, I'm going to Chris's (her beau) and Marylee's... New living arrangement at HIS place.
ENJOY!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #4569
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

LOVE this picture of Karlie.
Attached Thumbnails
karlie-easter.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #4570
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Another Karlie and can you tell HOW much Chad LOVES having his picture made?
Attached Thumbnails
another-karlie.jpg   loves-having-his-picture-made.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 03:54 PM   #4571
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins View Post

Getting dark outside and I hear a little distant thunder. Maybe I will take one of my rare naps.
Gran- We are getting snow, even tho 50's were predicted for today. Yes for maybe 2 hours it got to 45, that was that. Now spitting snow, winds... and I am ready to move... have had a headache all day and feel ill just as you do.. I am not good with changing weather.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #4572
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
What a beautiful young lady! Great photo!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #4573
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all - we got back late last night. According to Google maps, our trip was supposed to take about 9 hrs. It was 14 hours both times. However, coming home we stopped several times (two shopping stops, a pretty long stop for lunch and a few gas stops). However, we have decided we don't really want to drive that long a stretch for such a short time in our location. The temps weren't all that warm in SC, but the sky was the MOST BEAUTIFUL BLUE and we had lots of sunshine. Bill and I spent a little time on the beach Thursday and Friday. The camp ground was amazing. So very clean and well maintained. This was a state park, too. It was so nice! We had "neighbors" from Maine and Minnesota! Even our long ride was nice because it was just the two of us. Can't wait to go again. But it will be closer - either the Pocono Mtns (about 2-3 hrs) or the PA Grand Canyon (about 6 hrs).

Kristi and Lori - I am so sorry to hear of the house troubles. Kristi, I hope you get good news about a place for you soon. You have had a lot of stress.

Lori - I thought of you and Phil a lot during this trip. There was a Garrison Lake we passed and I saw a few quilt shops. Not that you weren't on my mind anyway! Very glad to know that Phil's done with treatment. Now he can get to healing the sores/burns.

Granny - all your grandkids are so cute! Kensley is absolutely beautiful, though. My goodness!!!

Miss I - you do continue to amaze me. I would be complaining so much right now and bitter beyond belief! I'm so proud of you! Still hope you never have to deal with it again.

Carolina - glad you could stop in - we miss you.

Hedgie - Hope your job situation changes quickly and you just LOVE it.

After the beautiful sun and blue skies for the last two days, it is gray and rainy here again. So depressing. And Bill has to go to DC tomorrow night for an early meeting Tuesday. There is no honeymoon coming back from vacation. Everything just starts right in again. Oh joy. But we can't wait to go someplace again!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:34 PM   #4574
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
What a beautiful young lady! Great photo!

Thank you!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #4575
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Ryder....Glad you enjoyed your trip even if the drive was a long one.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #4576
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Quite the lovely young lady.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #4577
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Another Karlie and can you tell HOW much Chad LOVES having his picture made?
"Aww geez, Granny. Do I hafta????" lol
Old 03-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #4578
Vintage Vixen

Welcome home, Jo Jo! Glad you enjoyed your "little" jaunt. Sounds like you were in a lovely location. And sunshine feels nice even if the temps aren't super warm.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #4579
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wench67 View Post
On the good news (aka now that I've stopped whining ), we *may* have found a new house already.

We looked at one last night - actually Friday night, since it's now Sunday morning (Happy Easter!) - it was almost perfect, except for the fact that the owner won't allow pets. So our menagerie would be out of the question. Will was tempted to just tell them we have no animals, and then just bring them along anyway. I just couldn't do that, and by Saturday morning he had regained his senses and decided that that wouldn't be right. He had just been feeling a bit bitter and angry that we had been, in his opinion, lied to once again about being able to stay long-term in a house, and if everyone else was going to be dishonest we might as well be too. I'm quite thankful he came to his senses!

Saturday we looked at another house. This one isn't as big, but it has one important feature - an in-law suite. It has its own entrance from outside, but also has a door into the main house. So, we filled out the application and dropped it of tonight. If we get it, my mother will be moving in to the in-law suite. I'm not too excited about that idea, but I think it's for the best. The rest of the house is smaller, so we're going to have get rid of some things, but that's good. I was feeling the need to de-junk some more anyway. And I'll have a slightly larger kitchen with more counter and cabinet space than here. Not much, but this house had very little. And, we will finally have a bedroom all to ourselves again! In the last house, the master bedroom door didn't shut all the way, and so we had limited privacy. In this house, there is kind of a foyer into our bedroom, and Ben and Kaiti have to go through there to get to there room. And to get to the bathroom. Yeah, it will be nice to have a private room, with a door that actually shuts, again!

So please say a prayer that we get the house!
Keeping fingers crossed!

Does your mom like the idea of living with you? It sounds like there will be a little separation between her space and yours, which will be helpful.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #4580
Vintage Vixen

Quote:

Hope you're feeling better now!

7-Up is my wonder drug of choice. As a special treat, I will make myself a "spritzer" of Welch's white grape juice and 7-Up. It's refreshing. (And it's gotta be Welch's even though it's more expensive; the other brands of white grape juice don't taste as good. lol)

Were you home alone today (except for Poppa)? That is, no big Easter feast with all the kids and grands?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:58 PM   #4581
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Went to my folks. I ate then slept, or dozed, for 3 hours! Yikes! Got up with a headache.

Home and resting.
Hope you had a restful, blessful Easter, Loribelle.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #4582
Vintage Vixen

As you can tell, I'm baaaaaaack. Had a very nice Easter dinner at Marylee's and her boyfriend's: ham, cheesy potatoes, asparagus spears wrapped in bacon, sweet potato fries, seven layer salad, and little dinner rolls shaped like bunnies. We drank wine and/or mimosas.

For dessert: a banana cream pudding/yellow cake and lemon bars (I took the lemon bars).

One of Marylee's college friends (whom I've met before once) and sister were also there. They were super fun.

I felt kinda sorry for Marylee's man. With 4 chatty women at the table, he barely got a word in edgewise. I think he's pretty quiet to begin with. And WAAAAY too polite. Apparently he doesn't like bananas, so he didn't have any of the cake. Yet he didn't speak up and ask for anyone to pass the lemon bars until Marylee went for one.

Last edited by missiowa81; 03-31-2013 at 08:20 PM..
Old 03-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #4583
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
DOUBLE poop in a shoe!

I thought your friend owned the house? Haven't they been using your rent money to pay the mortgage?

I'm so sorry, Loribelle. {{{Big hugs!}}}
Short story, we thought he owned it, but he was the property manager...actually the executor of his cousin's estate. In the fall she decided to hire someone different. So she got a lawyer/accountant to take over. A guy in Houston who has never called us or sent us anything.

I told my friends & they asked if they could see the paperwork & do what they can to stop this. He is TICKED at the guy. He didn't do much to take care of this place, but boy did he move fast to help us in this, which makes me happy. She is a realtor, too, so can help us find a new place in time. I'd be happy to have central air again & a better insulated house, if we can find this space for the same price we're paying.

Y'all are the first ones I've told & just told a couple of others tonight. FB has too many "eyes" to share all the details. I'll tell folks in private for now & other than the 20,000 folks on SCS it's just between us. LOL!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #4584
Duchess of Dork

Happy Easter!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:18 AM   #4585
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Short story, we thought he owned it, but he was the property manager...actually the executor of his cousin's estate. In the fall she decided to hire someone different. So she got a lawyer/accountant to take over. A guy in Houston who has never called us or sent us anything.

I told my friends & they asked if they could see the paperwork & do what they can to stop this. He is TICKED at the guy. He didn't do much to take care of this place, but boy did he move fast to help us in this, which makes me happy. She is a realtor, too, so can help us find a new place in time. I'd be happy to have central air again & a better insulated house, if we can find this space for the same price we're paying.

Y'all are the first ones I've told & just told a couple of others tonight. FB has too many "eyes" to share all the details. I'll tell folks in private for now & other than the 20,000 folks on SCS it's just between us. LOL!

LOL

XOXOXO
Old 04-01-2013, 05:28 AM   #4586
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:

7-Up is my wonder drug of choice. As a special treat, I will make myself a "spritzer" of Welch's white grape juice and 7-Up. It's refreshing. (And it's gotta be Welch's even though it's more expensive; the other brands of white grape juice don't taste as good. lol)

Were you home alone today (except for Poppa)? That is, no big Easter feast with all the kids and grands?

I feel somewhat better. Tks for asking. I seem to feel queasy first thing in the morning and the later in the morning and day I feel better. Wondering if nightime meds are not agreeing with me?

I have to have name brand Ginger Ale. I usually get Seagram's or Schweppes.

Yes,we just stayed at home. Lisa and the kids were having a "down time" weekend,Anissa had a big dinner and egg hunt for Greg's side of the family and Brandi was having a FULL BLOWNI PARTY at her house. I just "hid out" at home.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:30 AM   #4587
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
"Aww geez, Granny. Do I hafta????" lol
He hates it with a passion! I just copied Anissa's picture.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #4588
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Quite the lovely young lady.

Tks! She really does get prettier every day.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #4589
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning. Sunny with lots of clouds so still a gray sky, and quite breezy. We need and I want spring.

I'm meeting a neighbor for lunch today. She works at the library at the high school and we rarely get a chance to see each other anymore.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #4590
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Morning. Sunny with lots of clouds so still a gray sky, and quite breezy. We need and I want spring.

I'm meeting a neighbor for lunch today. She works at the library at the high school and we rarely get a chance to see each other anymore.

ENJOY!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #4591
Duchess of Dork

Quote:

Cherry 7-up is one we love around here!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #4592
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
As you can tell, I'm baaaaaaack. Had a very nice Easter dinner at Marylee's and her boyfriend's: ham, cheesy potatoes, asparagus spears wrapped in bacon, sweet potato fries, seven layer salad, and little dinner rolls shaped like bunnies. We drank wine and/or mimosas.

For dessert: a banana cream pudding/yellow cake and lemon bars (I took the lemon bars).

One of Marylee's college friends (whom I've met before once) and sister were also there. They were super fun.

I felt kinda sorry for Marylee's man. With 4 chatty women at the table, he barely got a word in edgewise. I think he's pretty quiet to begin with. And WAAAAY too polite. Apparently he doesn't like bananas, so he didn't have any of the cake. Yet he didn't speak up and ask for anyone to pass the lemon bars until Marylee went for one.
Sounds like a nice dinner. Poor Phil has been feeling like that cooped up with 3 girls! He walked in when we were in the middle of an argument the other day. He just wanted tea. I said, "Of course you want it right now," as we were crowded into the kitchen. He got his tea & went upstairs until I sent Bethany to tell him it was safe to come down. I told him, "Don't you EVER come in to get tea when we're trying to argue!" LOL! He laughed. He keeps wanting to know what we're doing, what we're eating, etc. I asked how soon he could get back to work.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #4593
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
LOL

XOXOXO
Old 04-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #4594
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
I feel somewhat better. Tks for asking. I seem to feel queasy first thing in the morning and the later in the morning and day I feel better. Wondering if nightime meds are not agreeing with me?

I have to have name brand Ginger Ale. I usually get Seagram's or Schweppes.

Yes,we just stayed at home. Lisa and the kids were having a "down time" weekend,Anissa had a big dinner and egg hunt for Greg's side of the family and Brandi was having a FULL BLOWNI PARTY at her house. I just "hid out" at home.
So glad you are feeling better. Phil got some Ginger Ale for me when I wasn't feeling well a few weeks ago. It didn't say diet anywhere, but did say, "Only 10 calories" which he missed. It was gross! LOL!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #4595
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
He hates it with a passion! I just copied Anissa's picture.
Ha, ha! Boys! The kids are getting so big. Such a good looking family you have!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #4596
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post

Have fun with your lunch date!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #4597
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Tks! She really does get prettier every day.
I agree!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #4598
Duchess of Dork

For Hedgie, Miss I, Caro & Jo Jo, I wish you:

For Granny, I wish you:

For Kristi I wish you:
Old 04-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #4599
Duchess of Dork

Started hurting last night at both right & left incisions & the muscles beneath them. I didn't do much but go to my mom's to eat & nap, then sat in church. I'm wondering if the riding in the car on bumpy roads did me in. Then Phil was coughing & gagging during the night. Gross. He didn't eat enough, which means he didn't get enough fluid down, either. Then he left today to meet a friend who's in town & he hadn't eaten. GRRRRRRR! FORCING him to do so when he gets home. Even if we have to feed him while he sleeps in the recliner. But he has to sit up in the recliner. That will be fun. LOL!

Trying to get things done up here before going down stairs. I do NOT want to make any extra stair trips today.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #4600
Vintage Vixen

Quote:

Mum's the word!