Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1918Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #3401
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning. It is a beautiful fall day. Quite chilly to wake up to this morning. I don't have any of my shoes except my sandals. Guess I'll be getting in the attic later today!

We had a great time. Although we always have an adventure. On the way, Bill said the breaks weren't working. We were literally at an intersection with a Ford dealer on the left - the RV has a Ford truck base. They didn't have a lift to put in on but they called around for us and found a place less than a quarter mile up the road. What nice people! They figured we needed a new master cylinder. Wasn't sure they could get one before Friday (this was Thursday). Fifteen minutes later they said they found one and it would be in by 3:30 (it was around noon when this all happened). There was a pizza place next door so we had a bit to eat and enjoyed sitting in the sun. We read for awhile and just waited. They were done by 4:30 and it didn't cost us a fortune. They were so nice. I was so thankful.

We arrived late (7) but got in before the sun set. My wonderful cousin had already made us chili for dinner so we ate and enjoyed a night by the fire.

She had to leave Saturday afternoon because she had a big craft fair to do on Sunday. As they were sleeping in their van (they didn't want to sleep in the RV with us) I think they were probably glad they didn't stay Sat night. It poured! It was loud in the motorhome but we were dry, watching TV and listening to the rain. I slept pretty well but had a sore arm and hip so I had trouble getting comfy. It was nice to sleep in my own bed again last night.

Now we start off our Monday. And Bill is heading to the UK tonight. Did I tell you about that? He will be back Saturday.
Chef Mama likes this post.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:31 AM   #3402
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Lori - I hope you find a house soon. It is frustrating looking. I remember when Bill and I were looking. And trying to find something in the right price range. Everything we liked was just out of reach. It took awhile.

I did start my SMASH book. It is more journal, but I have some brochures, ticket stubs and post cards in there now. I'm not quite caught up but should be by the end of this week.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #3403
Vintage Vixen

Morning!

Conference call in a bit. BBL
Old 09-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #3404
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
Why, we just stood on the walls and walked up the steps on our hands! LOL! They must have moved the steps b/c when my dad & friend built it (well, the friend, dad didn't really do much work) the stairs went up the side between the porch & shed that's under the deck. That first view of the lake is what we could see from the deck. Why they chose to use a cloudy day picture is beyond me! I'd love to live there but it's a pretty penny whenever it's for sale.
I think the sideways pictures are a worse offense. Lazy realtor!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #3405
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Lori - I hope you find a house soon. It is frustrating looking. I remember when Bill and I were looking. And trying to find something in the right price range. Everything we liked was just out of reach. It took awhile.

I did start my SMASH book. It is more journal, but I have some brochures, ticket stubs and post cards in there now. I'm not quite caught up but should be by the end of this week.
Way to go! That first page is sometimes the hardest.

I looked at them at Michaels again last week. I didn't realize they had so many different sizes. I had only seen the smaller notebook-sized ones before. Then I saw some larger ones (scrapbook sized?) in a different section of the store. I think I saw Smash book stuff in 3 different aisles! And if I remember correctly, Martha Stewart now has a version of her own. There's no shortage of pre-made stuff to stick in them if you need help coming up with ideas (journaling tags, stickers, other stuff I can't remember now).
Old 09-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #3406
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Morning. It is a beautiful fall day. Quite chilly to wake up to this morning. I don't have any of my shoes except my sandals. Guess I'll be getting in the attic later today!

We had a great time. Although we always have an adventure. On the way, Bill said the breaks weren't working. We were literally at an intersection with a Ford dealer on the left - the RV has a Ford truck base. They didn't have a lift to put in on but they called around for us and found a place less than a quarter mile up the road. What nice people! They figured we needed a new master cylinder. Wasn't sure they could get one before Friday (this was Thursday). Fifteen minutes later they said they found one and it would be in by 3:30 (it was around noon when this all happened). There was a pizza place next door so we had a bit to eat and enjoyed sitting in the sun. We read for awhile and just waited. They were done by 4:30 and it didn't cost us a fortune. They were so nice. I was so thankful.

We arrived late (7) but got in before the sun set. My wonderful cousin had already made us chili for dinner so we ate and enjoyed a night by the fire.

She had to leave Saturday afternoon because she had a big craft fair to do on Sunday. As they were sleeping in their van (they didn't want to sleep in the RV with us) I think they were probably glad they didn't stay Sat night. It poured! It was loud in the motorhome but we were dry, watching TV and listening to the rain. I slept pretty well but had a sore arm and hip so I had trouble getting comfy. It was nice to sleep in my own bed again last night.

Now we start off our Monday. And Bill is heading to the UK tonight. Did I tell you about that? He will be back Saturday.
So glad you had a nice weekend and that it wasn't ruined by the motorhome repair. Sounds like the brakes went out at the right time and thankfully you found some nice folks to fix it.

Can't wait for cooler weather so we can make chili! It's a favorite at our house.

Hope Bill has a good time on his trip. Has he been there before?
Old 09-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #3407
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

This is his first time there! He has only been to Panama before. I am not really into traveling overseas, but I think I might not mind the UK. I can speak the language there!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #3408
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
This is his first time there! He has only been to Panama before. I am not really into traveling overseas, but I think I might not mind the UK. I can speak the language there!
The Brits may not think so.

Better give Bill a link to the British slang sites.
Chef Mama and ApocalipsisR like this post.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #3409
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

But I'd feel closer than if I went to Germany or Spain, etc., etc. I'm sure he'll come home with a British accent. He picks up any accent almost immediately!
Old 09-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #3410
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
But I'd feel closer than if I went to Germany or Spain, etc., etc. I'm sure he'll come home with a British accent. He picks up any accent almost immediately!
That's too funny.

I've never been to the UK either. I did OK in Germany. So many people speak English and I was surprised at how much of my German came back. I took a phrase book with me just in case, but I don't think I really needed it. Small town Venezuela was a different story! The airport guy who touched practically everything in my suitcase when he "inspected" it spoke very little English. (At least he let me watch, so he couldn't steal anything.)

Tomatoes are roasting in the oven! I quartered 12 small red tomatoes; enough to fill 2 jelly roll pans (I think they're 11x17).
Old 09-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #3411
Vintage Vixen

Bumpity bump!
Old 09-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #3412
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all! Busy day of errands, hair cuts/colors, etc. Now I have a pounding headache. Took some Advil so I'm going to bed.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #3413
Duchess of Dork

Hi! Here is a maybe:4911 Bending Elms, San Antonio TX - Trulia

Here is a I don't have enough burglar bars and chicken wire does not make a fence but thanks for letting me see the mural on the one side with a fence:
11815 El Sendero St, San Antonio, TX 78233 - Zillow

And HERE is the exact floorplan of our house now! Minus the fireplace and we have a sliding door not French. And no pool. LOL! 7031 Raintree Frst, San Antonio, TX 78233 - Zillow
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #3414
Vintage Vixen

Bottom of the mornin' to ye!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #3415
Vintage Vixen

I beg to differ, Loribelle. Chicken wire IS a fence. At least, it will keep the chickens in and the rabbits out.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #3416
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon.

Lori - I don't care for the middle house because it seems awfully dark. That's just my opinion, but the kitchen especially would depress me! I love both of the others!

Hi Miss I.

I have homemade meatballs in the slow cooker. I could not find all beef meatballs at the store yesterday so I made my own. I have leftover mixed up but not enough sauce!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #3417
Vintage Vixen

Hey JoJo!

That one house looks like it belonged to an Iowa Hawkeye fan: black and gold. Yuck. I would be painting those walls immediately.

Hurray for homemade meatballs! Do you make your own sauce? What do you serve with them?

We're having BLTs for dinner. We still have a lot of tomatoes to eat.

Mrs. Wig has had the kitchen torn up today. She bought some automobile paint to redo the stove top. So while she had the top off to paint it she was cleaning everything. I went upstairs and could smell gas. The pilot light had gone out and I'm surprised she hadn't noticed it.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #3418
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I did not make my own sauce. I never have made my own sauce.

We're just doing spaghetti, garlic bread and maybe steamed broccoli.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #3419
Vintage Vixen

Sounds like a great dinner, JoJo!

I don't make my own sauce either (marinara, that is). I honestly don't think it's worth the effort. LOL I do make my own white sauce though, like bechamel to put in lasagne or just plain white sauce (sometimes with cheese) to put on a small batch of pasta.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:49 AM   #3420
Duchess of Dork

Morning! Yesterday was a sick day. I THINK I got sick from some homemade yogurt gone awry. It was almond milk, which I made, that Natalie said tasted awful & keep buying it from the store. So, I tried making yogurt from it. I've done that from regular milk & it worked (I have a little yogurt maker someone gave me years ago). This time, not so much. I think I let it sit out draining too long (it was all watery & I wanted to get just the thick stuff) and it got germs in it. All night Tuesday night I felt like I would explode out of one end or the other. GROSS! I felt bad all day yesterday. Today I feel slightly better, thankfully. Of course, I've only been up a little while, so we'll see. LOL!

Well that first house, the one on Bending Elms is gone. That was fast! I think we're the classic Champagne taste on a beer budget. We don't want fancy, just need those extra rooms for sewing/office. We don't have basements here or usable attics. Some houses have a little bit of storage space in the attic, but not usable. So, no extra space to convert other than possibly garage, but then you have to enclose part of it & heat/cool that section. Some of the houses are in really bad neighborhoods. It's SO weird to have 2 neighborhoods back to back but one will look so bad & is old enough that the foundation is really in bad shape. Did I tell you that in that middle one, the dark one, that I felt like I was walking downhill as we walked in?

Yeah, I guess chicken wire IS fencing! But gosh darnit, they didn't have a mural for me on the chicken wire! A nice beach scene, at that! LOL!

Back to the drawing board.

Not having our co-op class again this week since I am not feeling great. Bethany is going to Spanish this morning. I'll send the homework for Lit & Speech for the other girl so we don't get behind.

Now to be sure Bethany is ready to be picked up in 15 minutes! LOL!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #3421
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiowa81 View Post
Sounds like a great dinner, JoJo!

I don't make my own sauce either (marinara, that is). I honestly don't think it's worth the effort. LOL I do make my own white sauce though, like bechamel to put in lasagne or just plain white sauce (sometimes with cheese) to put on a small batch of pasta.
I used to make my own marinara sauce, but I really think it's just about as cheap to buy it in a jar as homemade, and they have so many options these days.

Did I ever tell y'all about the time we were at Sonic getting breadsticks (clearly before we were Gluten Free) when Bethany asked if I'd get some MARIJUANA sauce? Part of the fun of Asperger's is her mixing up words! She was little then, but it was hilarious!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #3422
Duchess of Dork

Jo Jo, have you heard from Bill? Bet you are anxious for Saturday to come! How are your girls this week? Has Marie had a chance to groom any dogs? Is Julie taking classes this semester?

Miss I, how is the bathroom redo going? When do your folks leave for AZ?

Caro, how are you? How are your boys doing in school?

Granny, I don't know if you're reading online or not, but hope your trip is wonderful!

Kristi, hi!

And if I missed anyone, it's not personal. Well, it's that I personally can't remember things!
Old 09-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #3423
Vintage Vixen

Afternoon!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #3424
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
I used to make my own marinara sauce, but I really think it's just about as cheap to buy it in a jar as homemade, and they have so many options these days.

Did I ever tell y'all about the time we were at Sonic getting breadsticks (clearly before we were Gluten Free) when Bethany asked if I'd get some MARIJUANA sauce ? Part of the fun of Asperger's is her mixing up words! She was little then, but it was hilarious!

Can I get the recipe for that?
Old 09-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #3425
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Morning! Yesterday was a sick day. I THINK I got sick from some homemade yogurt gone awry . It was almond milk, which I made, that Natalie said tasted awful & keep buying it from the store. So, I tried making yogurt from it. I've done that from regular milk & it worked (I have a little yogurt maker someone gave me years ago). This time, not so much. I think I let it sit out draining too long (it was all watery & I wanted to get just the thick stuff) and it got germs in it. All night Tuesday night I felt like I would explode out of one end or the other. GROSS! I felt bad all day yesterday. Today I feel slightly better, thankfully. Of course, I've only been up a little while, so we'll see. LOL!

Well that first house, the one on Bending Elms is gone. That was fast! I think we're the classic Champagne taste on a beer budget. We don't want fancy, just need those extra rooms for sewing/office. We don't have basements here or usable attics. Some houses have a little bit of storage space in the attic, but not usable. So, no extra space to convert other than possibly garage, but then you have to enclose part of it & heat/cool that section. Some of the houses are in really bad neighborhoods. It's SO weird to have 2 neighborhoods back to back but one will look so bad & is old enough that the foundation is really in bad shape. Did I tell you that in that middle one, the dark one, that I felt like I was walking downhill as we walked in?

Yeah, I guess chicken wire IS fencing! But gosh darnit, they didn't have a mural for me on the chicken wire! A nice beach scene, at that! LOL!

Back to the drawing board.

Not having our co-op class again this week since I am not feeling great. Bethany is going to Spanish this morning. I'll send the homework for Lit & Speech for the other girl so we don't get behind.

Now to be sure Bethany is ready to be picked up in 15 minutes! LOL!
That does not sound good at all! Hope you're feeling better today.

Hmmm, a mural on chicken wire...I'm sure some creative person will come up with a way to do that. lol
Old 09-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #3426
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Jo Jo, have you heard from Bill? Bet you are anxious for Saturday to come! How are your girls this week? Has Marie had a chance to groom any dogs? Is Julie taking classes this semester?

Miss I, how is the bathroom redo going? When do your folks leave for AZ?

Caro, how are you? How are your boys doing in school?

Granny, I don't know if you're reading online or not, but hope your trip is wonderful!

Kristi, hi!

And if I missed anyone, it's not personal. Well, it's that I personally can't remember things!
Bathroom redo: a person from another contractor was here on Tuesday to give an estimate. She was much more thorough than the guy from the first place in terms of taking measurements, talking about our cabinetry dilemma, dealing with plaster repairs after the fact, etc. She sounded more like a designer; the first guy is more or less a salesman for that company's particular brand of showers and baths. It will be interesting to see what we get back from this 2nd gal.

ETD for Arizona: October 7; probably as soon as Mr. Wig can see sunlight.

Last edited by missiowa81; 09-26-2013 at 11:16 AM..
Old 09-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #3427
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon.

Lori, funny you should ask about Marie and grooming. She did a neighbor's dog today. They have two German shepherds and Marie asked if she could do them on different days since they are so large and she has to get them in/out of the bathtub and up/down off the table (she does have stools). But the best part of this: the woman called to say she was running a little late. MARIE ANSWERED THE PHONE. And, when she was done, SHE CALLED TO SAY THE DOG WAS READY. I know you all probably think this is nothing, but she truly has a phone phobia so this was BIG. Last night the woman wanted a call to check on the time. I could see Marie stressing about calling her. But today, she just did it. I'm so proud of her. But I can't tell or be too excited about it because she'll get mad at me. So I'll share it here!

Bill's cell doesn't work over there (I thought he would need to make arrangements) so we've been on Facebook to communicate. I can't wait until he gets home. He hasn't been gone this long in awhile. And I think it is that he is so far away that is having me feel this way. Yes, I know I sound pretty pathetic! If the girls were younger, I would be wanting him home to help. Now, I just miss him.
Chef Mama and ApocalipsisR like this post.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #3428
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Afternoon.

Lori, funny you should ask about Marie and grooming. She did a neighbor's dog today. They have two German shepherds and Marie asked if she could do them on different days since they are so large and she has to get them in/out of the bathtub and up/down off the table (she does have stools). But the best part of this: the woman called to say she was running a little late. MARIE ANSWERED THE PHONE. And, when she was done, SHE CALLED TO SAY THE DOG WAS READY. I know you all probably think this is nothing, but she truly has a phone phobia so this was BIG. Last night the woman wanted a call to check on the time. I could see Marie stressing about calling her. But today, she just did it. I'm so proud of her. But I can't tell or be too excited about it because she'll get mad at me. So I'll share it here!

Bill's cell doesn't work over there (I thought he would need to make arrangements) so we've been on Facebook to communicate. I can't wait until he gets home. He hasn't been gone this long in awhile. And I think it is that he is so far away that is having me feel this way. Yes, I know I sound pretty pathetic! If the girls were younger, I would be wanting him home to help. Now, I just miss him.
Awwwwwwww...

Good for Marie!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #3429
Vintage Vixen

I just killed a spider that was big enough to "crunch" when I stepped on it.

I don't know if he was already dead or just on his way out, because I didn't have any trouble walking up to him and squishing him. But I know he wasn't in that spot last night.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #3430
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Crunchy spiders - yum! ICK!
Old 09-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #3431
Vintage Vixen

I tell ya, he had enough meat on his bones to grill him.
Chef Mama and jor like this post.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #3432
Vintage Vixen

Why would Mr. Wig feel the need to change the oil in his truck himself?
Old 09-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #3433
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiowa81 View Post
Why would Mr. Wig feel the need to change the oil in his truck himself?
Because he's a man?
Old 09-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #3434
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Because he's a man?
No, because he had a bunch of free motor oil. LOL

Our young neighbor across the street ended up helping. Dad borrowed his lift and jacks, so he came over to visit for a while. Dad couldn't get the oil pan screw undone, so Zach went home for a different wrench, then got under the truck and did that. He also brought over his oil pan, and then took the oil home with him!

This is the young guy who helped us move the fridge out of the basement. Super nice "kid" about 25-26 years old. He told mom that he and his girlfriend have gotten engaged. And that he made some refrigerator pickles using my recipe!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #3435
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

He sounds like a very nice neighbor to have! My parents have a young man, about Marie's age, living across the street. He has been mowing the lawn for them. This week he pulled up some things mom wanted out and trimmed some trees. He has been a blessing to them.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #3436
Vintage Vixen

I'm just glad that we're getting to know some of the newer, younger neighbors. The block has really been in transition.
Chef Mama and jor like this post.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #3437
Duchess of Dork

Hi ladies! Did anyone else get the malware warning when they tried to get into SCS today? It had gone away but is back now. I don't think there's a new problem, just think Google doesn't recognize that it's fixed.

How are y'all? Happy Friday!
Old 09-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #3438
Vintage Vixen

Yes, I got the "badware" warning just now (first time I've been on the site today). Will go to Site Forum to see what's up.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #3439
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't get any warnings today.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #3440
Vintage Vixen

Hackers are scumbags.