Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1918Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #2641
Vintage Vixen

I gotsta go make Ron's tag or card or whatever so I can go to bed.

Nighty night, Caro!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #2642
Lil' RAD Taquito

S was really missing DH and his brother. You would think his mom didn't do anything with him. Mom is not as fun

Sun: Drop off the travelers, church, lunch out, ice cream and then picnic dinner with friends.
Mon: To the pool with friends, then to McD's for lunch and a little play time.
Tue: to the lake with friends, ice cream and the home. Culver's for dinner
Wed: movie, treats
Thu: play at church, picnic and park date with friends.

You will think he was happy. But he whined all the time about missing daddy and D and how bored he was................. thank U
Old 08-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #2643
Lil' RAD Taquito

Nighty night

*smooches*
missiowa81 likes this post.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #2644
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Had a wonderful visit with my friend and her family. I babysat for her when she was quite young (they moved away when she was 6). She had me on a pedestal. I knew her brother had quite the crush on me back then, but I didn't know I was her idol. Her husband is a doll and her kids are all cuties. She said they hope to be back this way on a more regular basis. Her husband has work in Pittsburgh and Bill and I said we'd be happy to meet there if that would work!

Bill's car update: the deal claims that some diesel fuel got into the gas tank. It would cost over $1000 to fix. We can't understand how diesel fuel got in there. Bill called Andy but it was late in the afternoon and there was no answer. He may be on vacation. Bill said he was going sometime in August. Of course, the car is 3 hours away. I don't know what we're going to do yet. Also, my van (the new one) has a crack in the windshield. It is like that around here. And I'm not panicking yet.

You'll also notice it is 1:40 and I'm not sleeping though, either.

Glad D had fun, sorry about his injury. It will make a good story tho. Marie has a chipped tooth from Scarlet. Scarlet jumped up to greet Marie one day and knocked Marie's chin. Yep, chipped tooth.
missiowa81 likes this post.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #2645
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocalipsisR View Post
S was really missing DH and his brother. You would think his mom didn't do anything with him. Mom is not as fun

Sun: Drop off the travelers, church, lunch out, ice cream and then picnic dinner with friends.

You will think he was happy. But he whined all the time about missing daddy and D and how bored he was................. thank U
Next time let him see how boring it can really be!
Granny Hawkins and missiowa81 like this post.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #2646
Vintage Vixen

TGIF!
Old 08-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #2647
Vintage Vixen

Quote:

You've spoiled him.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #2648
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Next time let him see how boring it can really be!
YEAH!! lol
Old 08-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #2649
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Had a wonderful visit with my friend and her family. I babysat for her when she was quite young (they moved away when she was 6). She had me on a pedestal. I knew her brother had quite the crush on me back then, but I didn't know I was her idol. Her husband is a doll and her kids are all cuties. She said they hope to be back this way on a more regular basis. Her husband has work in Pittsburgh and Bill and I said we'd be happy to meet there if that would work!

Bill's car update: the deal claims that some diesel fuel got into the gas tank. It would cost over $1000 to fix. We can't understand how diesel fuel got in there. Bill called Andy but it was late in the afternoon and there was no answer. He may be on vacation. Bill said he was going sometime in August. Of course, the car is 3 hours away. I don't know what we're going to do yet. Also, my van (the new one) has a crack in the windshield. It is like that around here. And I'm not panicking yet.

You'll also notice it is 1:40 and I'm not sleeping though, either.

Glad D had fun, sorry about his injury. It will make a good story tho. Marie has a chipped tooth from Scarlet. Scarlet jumped up to greet Marie one day and knocked Marie's chin. Yep, chipped tooth.
Hurray! That's cute that she looked up to you. No doubt you were a VERY GOOD babysitter.

Can Bill remember where he got his last tank of gas? There were a bunch of people here that got bad gas/wrong gas at a BP station. It came out in the news after the station started to receive numerous phone calls. I can't remember if the station reimbursed the people for the repairs or not. But it gave BP a lot of bad publicity--and this wasn't too long after the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, so it REALLY hurt them. I know I won't get gas at a BP.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #2650
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

We backtracked to the last full tank of gas and it was early August. He had been driving with that full tank until his trip this week. He did have it towed to a regular mechanic in that area. One of the guys that he works with has a brother with his own business. They are going to check it out. Julie was hoping to take her road test with that car. She doesn't like parallel parking with the van. Although the "old" van has great visibility. NOT the new one. I always triple check before making lane changes or anything with this new van.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #2651
Vintage Vixen

Refrigerator pickles!

refrigerator-pickles-003-watermarked.jpg

They might be too spicy for Mrs. Wig though. I talked to her earlier and she told me that the recipe she used is in her green recipe box, so I'm going to compare it with the one I used. My guess is her recipe didn't include garlic or red pepper flakes. (Or if it did, she omitted them.)

I know that Mr. Wig will like them.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #2652
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
We backtracked to the last full tank of gas and it was early August. He had been driving with that full tank until his trip this week. He did have it towed to a regular mechanic in that area. One of the guys that he works with has a brother with his own business. They are going to check it out. Julie was hoping to take her road test with that car. She doesn't like parallel parking with the van. Although the "old" van has great visibility. NOT the new one. I always triple check before making lane changes or anything with this new van.
Mrs. Wig says the same thing about their GMC. Must be something about the new designs.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #2653
Vintage Vixen

Refrigerator pickles tasted AWESOME on a grilled hotdog.
Chef Mama and Granny Hawkins like this post.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #2654
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad your pickles turned out so well! My aunt that just passed (her funeral was today) had a great pickle recipe. I will ask my cousin for it at some point. But she might not find it for awhile. She has her own parents' things as well as this aunt's stuff in storage.

We got a JP Powers survey to fill out after purchasing this van in 2011. I made sure to let them know the visibility was not good. Bill even suggesting selling this van and looking for something else. I don't think any of the new designs are any better.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #2655
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't keep my eyes open. I've been fighting it the last few hours. Julie is home so I'm heading to bed. I hope I can fall asleep.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #2656
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Glad your pickles turned out so well! My aunt that just passed (her funeral was today) had a great pickle recipe. I will ask my cousin for it at some point. But she might not find it for awhile. She has her own parents' things as well as this aunt's stuff in storage.

We got a JP Powers survey to fill out after purchasing this van in 2011. I made sure to let them know the visibility was not good. Bill even suggesting selling this van and looking for something else. I don't think any of the new designs are any better.
They all look a little like "cropped tops" to me. Or whatever they call those cars where they crop the top. Do you know what I'm talking about? I think they used to do it back in the '50s. The windows always looked half the normal height.

I found the pickle recipe my mom used. It was actually one of my grandma's recipes! It was on a recipe card in my grandma's handwriting. Her recipe was very similar except it included green peppers (which we omitted), but it did not include garlic or red pepper and it said not to cook the brine, just stir it until the sugar is dissolved.

Like I said, I think my dad will like the batch I made because he likes food with a little bit of a kick. But I'm sure Mom will find it too "spicy." Maybe we'll have to make 2 different batches. LOL
Old 08-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #2657
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
I can't keep my eyes open. I've been fighting it the last few hours. Julie is home so I'm heading to bed. I hope I can fall asleep.
Sleep tight, JoJo!
Old 08-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #2658
Vintage Vixen

Morning!

Turned the AC back on this morning. The temps and the humidity are heading up and the folks get home later today. After unloading the motorhome we'll probably all want to take a shower and have a cool house to relax in.

I'm working on my mom's high school scrapbook. The reunion is about a month away and I have quite a bit to do. I started with a couple of the hardest pages first.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #2659
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Supposed to be halfway to the wedding at this point. Someone (hint: name starts with a "M") couldn't find her skirt, didn't shave her legs, etc., etc. I really wish she would listen to me. Especially since I've made those mistakes in the past and can help her correct them. *sigh*
Old 08-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #2660
Vintage Vixen

JoJo, I still do stuff like that sometimes.
Chef Mama likes this post.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #2661
Duchess of Dork

Hey chicks! Phil had his feeding tube removed yesterday. Apparently they just pulled it out & didn't stitch or anything! In & out of the clinic in about 2 hours. Amazing!

I went to a meeting today by NACA. www.naca.com It's an organization to help people get low interest home loans, succeed in home buying, etc. Discouraged, though, b/c even though it's a no down payment, they want you to have X amount of money in your account & not have ANY late fees for anything for the past 12 months. Well, stupid me, last month alone I realized when the cable bill came that I had totally missed the one before. I'm discouraged b/c I don't think we'll ever be able to buy a home, but more than that I'm not sure what we'll even be able to do next. We can't afford the rent around here (remember we got a cheap deal b/c the house wasn't in good shape). I know mortgage would be cheaper, but it's looking like that won't work either. Maybe a tent somewhere & we could save some bucks. I know God won't let us live on the streets & maybe we'll find a rent house we can afford that isn't too small. I'd had big hopes of finding a home with MORE rooms not less. Based on the cost of mortgage, that is, and homes in the general vicinity. If only we didn't have to eat....LOL!

Need to get B. to bed but wanted to stop by & gripe---uh, I mean say hello.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #2662
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
It looks like they are having a blast. No surprise there

But 3 pit bulls attacked Granny and Shani. They are both OK. One bit Granny's pants but Thankfully didn't hurt her. They scared the beejeebees out of our cuties
Wow, I totally missed that. Scary!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-18-2013, 06:20 AM   #2663
Vintage Vixen

Morning!

Sending positive thoughts your way, Loribelle. So glad that the feeding tube removal went smoothly. Did you and Phil go out to eat for your anniversary?

I was so tired last night, I went to bed at 9:30 and I think for once I fell asleep instantly.

The folks got home yesterday. We unloaded the motorhome, Dad got most of it washed (gotta get those bugs off before they get baked on), the folks washed their car, too. I cooked dinner and cleaned up the kitchen; picked tomatoes.

I guess they're going to my brother's house for dinner tonight--I think to celebrate my brother's grandson's birthday. Nothing was ever said to me directly. I've decided I'm not going even if I am told (eventually) that "you're invited, too." I don't enjoy those events, especially when I feel like I'm the 5th wheel, and I have things to do here.

Speaking of which, I better get moving! Everyone have a great day.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #2664
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon all.

Lori - I hope and pray something GREAT comes along for you. I am sure it will be worked out one way or another. Your family deserves some wonderful things to happen for you.

The wedding last night was lovely. Not over the top, just a very nice wedding. Marie and Julie had their friends there (Anne and her boyfriend, Kyle, were there, too). Marie really looked like she was having a great time. It was nice to see. The groom told us that Julie is a great friend/person. That made me feel good. She is very caring, helpful, etc.

I slept pretty well last night but still feel tired and sluggish today. Have no idea what we are going to attempt to do. There is plenty to be done: laundry, yardwork, cleaning, etc., etc.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #2665
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

At the airport in Portland headed home! LOTS to tell! Hope everyone has had a great week!
Chef Mama and missiowa81 like this post.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #2666
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Will look forward to your stories, Granny. Have a safe flight home!
Old 08-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #2667
Vintage Vixen

Safe travels, Granny!

Glad you and your girls had fun at the wedding, JoJo.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #2668
Vintage Vixen

I drove across town to visit the new scrapbooking store that opened last month. It's a pretty typical store in terms of scrapbooking stuff, with emphasis on 12x12 paper, stuff for local schools, and embellishments. But they had a couple of things I've been wanting to get or try: Dylusions spray inks, that 2-sided tape that you can tear with your fingers, black pop-dots.

They had some stamps--mostly clear (which I've decided I'm not a fan of), and then some small wood-mount stamps that are made locally. And by small, I mean SMALL. As in, sentiments small enough to fit inside SU's small oval punch. I recognized a lot of the fonts as Microsoft word fonts.

The store is just a hop, skip and jump from Michaels which is where I really needed to go. I haven't been there in a while and I needed a bunch of different stuff.

The folks are gone and I should be using the computer to print some things for mom's scrapbook, but my eyes feel tired. They've felt tired and heavy all day, in spite of the amount of sleep I got last night (which was plenty for once). So I don't feel like doing anything that requires eyesight. LOL
Granny Hawkins likes this post.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #2669
Vintage Vixen

Good Monday morning!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #2670
Vintage Vixen

Here's something to make you smile...

julias-mismatched-sandals.jpg

A coworker discovered on her way home from work that she had worn two different sandals all day long...
Granny Hawkins likes this post.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #2671
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my goodness!!! No one said anything to her all day? That is funny!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #2672
Vintage Vixen

Apparently not, and now she's feeling paranoid about it (but still laughing at herself; she's fun and one of my favorite colleagues). A group of them even went outside the office for lunch and she was in a meeting with a bunch of people in the afternoon, and nobody said ANYTHING.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #2673
Vintage Vixen

I'm thinking of printing the picture and doing something with it. For example, captioning it "2013 Summer Fashion Trends." Maybe I'll put it on the front of a card and send it to her. She'll get a bang out of that.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #2674
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Probably no one wanted to embarrass her. But that is too funny. I think you should create a card.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #2675
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Back to REALITY!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #2676
Vintage Vixen

But if you knew Julia--she would have laughed if someone had pointed it out to her.

She's the one (I may have told this story): she and her husband had 2 children, a girl and a boy. She wanted to have one more, her husband really didn't. But she finally convinced him to have another, and then she got pregnant with twins! I told her that was her punishment for wanting another. (I also told her I would have loved to have seen the look on his face when she broke the news to him. ) But it's all good. The twins are boys, fraternal, and I think they really did complete their family.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #2677
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
Hey chicks! Phil had his feeding tube removed yesterday. Apparently they just pulled it out & didn't stitch or anything! In & out of the clinic in about 2 hours. Amazing!

I went to a meeting today by NACA. www.naca.com It's an organization to help people get low interest home loans, succeed in home buying, etc. Discouraged, though, b/c even though it's a no down payment, they want you to have X amount of money in your account & not have ANY late fees for anything for the past 12 months. Well, stupid me, last month alone I realized when the cable bill came that I had totally missed the one before. I'm discouraged b/c I don't think we'll ever be able to buy a home, but more than that I'm not sure what we'll even be able to do next. We can't afford the rent around here (remember we got a cheap deal b/c the house wasn't in good shape). I know mortgage would be cheaper, but it's looking like that won't work either. Maybe a tent somewhere & we could save some bucks. I know God won't let us live on the streets & maybe we'll find a rent house we can afford that isn't too small. I'd had big hopes of finding a home with MORE rooms not less. Based on the cost of mortgage, that is, and homes in the general vicinity. If only we didn't have to eat....LOL!

Need to get B. to bed but wanted to stop by & gripe---uh, I mean say hello.

XOXOXO Something will come your way. Adding that to my prayer list.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #2678
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiowa81 View Post
WHAT??

Where were they when this happened? Did Shani know the owners of the dogs?

I don't like pitbulls. I know that any dog can learn to be aggressive, but I think so many idiots have bred pitbulls to be mean that the odds are greater than average that a pitbull is going to do harm to someone.

Several towns in Iowa have actually banned the breed from within the city limits.

We were Geocaching and walking through a NICE neighborhood. Turned one road before we should but still NICE area. Went up a hill,around a curve and there was a "shack of a house" and a man holding a baby with 2/3 other kids playing in the cul-d-sac.(sp) Dogs IMMEDIATELY went on the attack.

Larger dog grabbed my thigh but since I had changed into baggy seat pants only got a mouthful of pants. Nicked my leg and left a scratch but did not draw blood.

Owner was USELESS trying to verbally control the dogs. The kids took the smaller dog but either let it go or another small one came charging back.

(Little back story. We found a golf club on the beach and Shanon had it in her hand)

The dog stopped at Shanon's feet and stared at the club and up at Shanon's face and went into a crouching deep throat growl almost as if he/she had been abused with a stick type object. I was afraid if she raised the club the dog would lunge at her face.

The only thing we could do was FREEZE!

I knew better than to scream and/or run.

The mother(I guess)was sitting right inside the open door smoking and NEVER made any attempt to get the children or help with the dogs.

We were finally able to walk away and go get car,come back and get address before calling police.

Made call and filled out report but doesn't appear anything will be done.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #2679
Vintage Vixen

Welcome home, Granny!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #2680
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins View Post
We were Geocaching and walking through a NICE neighborhood. Turned one road before we should but still NICE area. Went up a hill,around a curve and there was a "shack of a house" and a man holding a baby with 2/3 other kids playing in the cul-d-sac.(sp) Dogs IMMEDIATELY went on the attack.

Larger dog grabbed my thigh but since I had changed into baggy seat pants only got a mouthful of pants. Nicked my leg and left a scratch but did not draw blood.

Owner was USELESS trying to verbally control the dogs. The kids took the smaller dog but either let it go or another small one came charging back.

(Little back story. We found a golf club on the beach and Shanon had it in her hand)

The dog stopped at Shanon's feet and stared at the club and up at Shanon's face and went into a crouching deep throat growl almost as if he/she had been abused with a stick type object. I was afraid if she raised the club the dog would lunge at her face.

The only thing we could do was FREEZE!

I knew better than to scream and/or run.

The mother(I guess)was sitting right inside the open door smoking and NEVER made any attempt to get the children or help with the dogs.

We were finally able to walk away and go get car,come back and get address before calling police.

Made call and filled out report but doesn't appear anything will be done.
Holy crap Granny! The ending to that story could have been tragic--a trip to the ER at least. I'm glad nothing more happened.

Stupid owners. They sound like real winners.