Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1918Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #1561
Forum Fanatic

A Boeing 777 crashed at SFO earlier. It sounds like a crazy scene. Last I heard 2 fatalities and at least 10 critically injured. Horrific.

And I now have to deal with four terrified teenagers, freaking out about our flight to Hawaii on Friday. All of them have been a little concerned about flying over all that water, and now this happens.

What's ironic is that, when I was a teenage and I had the opportunity to travel with my parents, it seemed like there was always a major crash within a week or two of us heading out on a big trip. I thought I had broken that "curse" as an adult. Guess not

The one constant through all the years...has been baseball.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #1562
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiowa81 View Post
Plan A: Two thrift stores and Goodwill. No Monopoly.
Plan B: Our basement. No Monopoly.
Plan C: Our attic: No Monopoly.

Now we're wondering where the heck it is? Didn't find Life or Clue either, which we had. Found a bunch of our other games, including a cheapo Bingo set that I'm going to cannibalize.

Plan D: Hit the thrift stores on the other side of town, next time I get out there.
Plan E: If no second-hand Monopoly game found by October, have Mom search for one at the thrift stores in Arizona. lol

Meanwhile, I will create cards using something else.

Back up! Did I tell you WHY I was looking for a used Monopoly game? Because I made this mini house to trade, and now at least 2 other people have asked me if I could make another. I would, except I only had the one Monopoly card--it was a freebie in my goodie bag in Arizona last January.

Heck, for $11 I just should have bought a Monopoly game at Walmart this morning! (I looked to see how much they cost, out of curiosity).

Attachment 277232
I have the original Monoply, the original Match Game... from about 1965?
We love those games at holidays!!
Chef Mama likes this post.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #1563
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wench67 View Post
A Boeing 777 crashed at SFO earlier. It sounds like a crazy scene. Last I heard 2 fatalities and at least 10 critically injured. Horrific.

And I now have to deal with four terrified teenagers, freaking out about our flight to Hawaii on Friday. All of them have been a little concerned about flying over all that water, and now this happens.

What's ironic is that, when I was a teenage and I had the opportunity to travel with my parents, it seemed like there was always a major crash within a week or two of us heading out on a big trip. I thought I had broken that "curse" as an adult. Guess not

Every time Bill and I had to travel (or he had to go away) there were crashes or problems. I tried to look at it as if it happened then it wasn't going to happen to us. But as a teen I wouldn't have felt that way.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #1564
Vintage Vixen

Quote:

I heard about that on the news. Sounds like a mysterious situation (no distress call from the plane before it crashed).
Old 07-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #1565
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

HEY/BYE!

Left home at 10ish and got home about 10ish.

Loooong day.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #1566
Lil' RAD Taquito

Quote:
Plan A: Two thrift stores and Goodwill. No Monopoly.
Plan B: Our basement. No Monopoly.
Plan C: Our attic: No Monopoly.

Now we're wondering where the heck it is? Didn't find Life or Clue either, which we had. Found a bunch of our other games, including a cheapo Bingo set that I'm going to cannibalize.

Plan D: Hit the thrift stores on the other side of town, next time I get out there.
Plan E: If no second-hand Monopoly game found by October, have Mom search for one at the thrift stores in Arizona. lol

Meanwhile, I will create cards using something else.

Back up! Did I tell you WHY I was looking for a used Monopoly game? Because I made this mini house to trade, and now at least 2 other people have asked me if I could make another. I would, except I only had the one Monopoly card--it was a freebie in my goodie bag in Arizona last January.

Heck, for $11 I just should have bought a Monopoly game at Walmart this morning! (I looked to see how much they cost, out of curiosity).

Attachment 277232
Hhhhhmmmmm, I can check for one in our thrift stores here too. Garage sales and Cragslist might be another solution.
Do you need it by October? Because I got ours on black Friday for about $5, if you are willing to wait

Last edited by ApocalipsisR; 07-06-2013 at 09:05 PM..
Old 07-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #1567
Lil' RAD Taquito

We are back from the wedding. Arrived about 20 mins ago.
It was super fun. They are both wonderful people and make a great couple. They had the civil ceremony at the Capitol building this afternoon and then the Chinese ceremony and reception at one of the country clubs in here.
Food was super good, they had bags with goodies to keep the kids entertained, the view was breath taking. And there was such mix of nationalities among he guests, you would have thought it was a U.N party
Chef Mama and Granny Hawkins like this post.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #1568
Vintage Vixen

Hola Bonita Banana!
Old 07-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #1569
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocalipsisR View Post
Hhhhhmmmmm, I can check for one in our thrift stores here too. Garage sales and Cragslist might be another solution.
Do you need it by October? Because I got ours on black Friday for about $5, if you are willing to wait
There's no rush. It's just that I made something using the one card I had, and at least 2 other people have asked whether I could make something similar for them. So I'll just look around. If/when I find one, it doesn't really matter. I mentioned October because there are TONS of thrift stores where my mom and dad go, and it seemed like my mom was going to them more often last winter. So if I haven't found one by then, she can continue the search for me in AZ.

I told Mom it's too bad that Claudette doesn't live closer. As many garage sales as she goes to, she'd probably find one within a week. LOL

We didn't see many garage sale signs today (to/from our thrift store jaunt). I suppose because it's a holiday weekend. We drove by the one sale we saw, but didn't even get out of the car as it looked like there were only 2 tables of stuff that didn't include kids' stuff or toys/games. I'll start checking the ads next week. Usually I don't pay attention to them.

Last edited by missiowa81; 07-06-2013 at 09:16 PM..
Old 07-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #1570
Lil' RAD Taquito

Quote:

Years ago when I was going to travel to France to visit My fiancÚ (now my DH), the plane I was going to be traveling from Quito to Bogota crashed on a mountain just as they were getting ready to land. The airline had just one plane that will do that route.
I made the silly mistake of saying "wow, that could have been me, if it just had been a week later"........ My mom almost killed me, and both my parents were so freaked out that were on the verge of canceling my trip.

News like this one makes me very sad. My heart goes out to the victims and families
Old 07-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #1571
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
We are back from the wedding. Arrived about 20 mins ago.
It was super fun. They are both wonderful people and make a great couple. They had the civil ceremony at the Capitol building this afternoon and then the Chinese ceremony and reception at one of the country clubs in here.
Food was super good, they had bags with goodies to keep the kids entertained, the view was breath taking. And there was such mix of nationalities among he guests, you would have thought it was a U.N party
Sounds like fun!

Did D survive having to wear his fancy clothes? LOL
Old 07-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #1572
Lil' RAD Taquito

Quote:
Sounds like fun!

Did D survive having to wear his fancy clothes? LOL
He almost didn't..... Because his "evil" mom was about to go ape on him for having a "goon" face and attitude gggggrrrrrrr

He was not fancy at all. But, he is under the impression that anything that is not a t-shirt and sporty shorts, pants or jeans is fancy. Stinking bad idea he got at school
I told him that unless he changed his attitude, he was about to face the wrath of the "goddess". He had 10 seconds to do so or face doom.

That did the trick
Old 07-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #1573
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Found a Monopoly game posted just today (well---yesterday) on Craigs List. For $3. I've sent an email to ask if it's still available.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #1574
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
He almost didn't..... Because his "evil" mom was about to go ape on him for having a "goon" face and attitude gggggrrrrrrr

He was not fancy at all. But, he is under the impression that anything that is not a t-shirt and sporty shorts, pants or jeans is fancy. Stinking bad idea he got at school
I told him that unless he changed his attitude, he was about to face the wrath of the "goddess". He had 10 seconds to do so or face doom.

That did the trick
LOL. He doesn't need to fear God; he's got MOM.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #1575
Lil' RAD Taquito

S had a couple of moments of "goony-ness" also. But the pinch to his arm, advised him to a change of attitude asap

D is not much of a dancer, while S is a spinning top. S was about to have a "tude" moment, but then the music started and I asked him if he wanted to dance with his momma. All "tude" was gone by the time we took a few steps and he was a dancing king
Chef Mama, Granny Hawkins and jor like this post.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #1576
Lil' RAD Taquito

Quote:
LOL. He doesn't need to fear God; he's got MOM.
He loves Greek and Roman mythology and its been kindled even more by the modern revival of them through Rick Riordan books about Percy Jackson.

So, the "goddess" comment was an attempt to keep it light yet "scary" enough..... Lol
Granny Hawkins likes this post.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #1577
Lil' RAD Taquito

Okey dokey, off to bed

Smooches
Old 07-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #1578
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:

Kristi, how wonderful to be taking the family to Hawaii! I am jealous!
It is a long flight, but so worth it. I was there, just once.

I know what you mean about having to travel right after a crash, feels scary. Once the kids get up in the air hopefully they will start playing a game or doze and relax a bit. The good thing about a long flight is you get a larger plane and feel less of the little bumps/turbulence.

I wish you a wonderful vacation!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #1579
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
Kristi, how wonderful to be taking the family to Hawaii! I am jealous!
It is a long flight, but so worth it. I was there, just once.

I know what you mean about having to travel right after a crash, feels scary. Once the kids get up in the air hopefully they will start playing a game or doze and relax a bit. The good thing about a long flight is you get a larger plane and feel less of the little bumps/turbulence.

I wish you a wonderful vacation!

DITTO!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #1580
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I am pleasantly surprised at how many survived that plane crash. By the way the plane looks I didn't think there was much hope.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #1581
Duchess of Dork

Peep. Shhhh, don't tell MIL I'm popping in while at her house. Hope to come back once we're home.
Granny Hawkins and hedgiemama like this post.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #1582
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon.

Bill is taking the three girls out to ride around Lancaster county and then to play mini-golf at a beautiful course out there. It is shaded and beautifully landscaped. I opted to stay home since it is so hot. I would just sweat and end up being grumpy. Tomorrow they are all going to Dorney Park (amusement park). Tuesday is a chill day, maybe a movie or the mall, Wednesday is Philly stuff and she leaves on Thursday. She wasn't here a full week, really only five days. She flew in late Friday and leaves mid-day Thursday. But, boy, vacations go much faster than regular weeks.

I might try to stamp some this afternoon. Although I will get some laundry done, too.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #1583
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I just threw in a load of laundry. Discovered I had a stain of guacamole on my white pants from Friday night. They are my good ones, hope it comes out!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #1584
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Still in my gown and watching SECOND movie....LOL

I "might" fold the clothes in the dryer and put another load in if the mood strikes me.

I have a VERY LONG week ahead. Not sure how I managed to book the entire week.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #1585
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Granny I took a bath and got back into fresh jammies. Down day for me too. I know when I need to stop...sounds like you do too.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #1586
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
Granny I took a bath and got back into fresh jammies. Down day for me too. I know when I need to stop...sounds like you do too.

Sometimes I feel even more tired when I do nothing but I know my body needs the physical down time.

I scheduled/rescheduled myself into having a house to clean every day this coming week plus art class starts back.

It will be about $375.00 but WHAT was I thinking????
hedgiemama likes this post.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #1587
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Granny I have a big week too, so decompressing today is the best thing for me. It is ok to be lazy for a day...!!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #1588
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

You two deserve a down day.

I didn't stamp. I did get some laundry done. I wanted to make sure my capris (what I wear all the time) are clean for the week. I have two more loads, plus the sheets and towels (now that I think about it). But I will do that tomorrow when everyone is at the amusement park.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #1589
Vintage Vixen

I have my Monopoly game!!

3 bucks on Craigslist.

Mom went with me (just in case it was Hannibal Lector trying to entice me to his dungeon--LOL). But it was a woman with a yippy little dog. The game is newer and in very good condition. The cards and money look like they've hardly been played with, so I almost hate to cut them up.

Almost. haha!
Chef Mama, Granny Hawkins and hedgiemama like this post.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #1590
Duchess of Dork

Hi! Home but about to take a shower & go watch Food Network Star.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #1591
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
Hi! Home but about to take a shower & go watch Food Network Star.
So it's a good time to call, right?
Old 07-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #1592
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins View Post
Sometimes I feel even more tired when I do nothing but I know my body needs the physical down time.

I scheduled/rescheduled myself into having a house to clean every day this coming week plus art class starts back.

It will be about $375.00 but WHAT was I thinking????
Maybe you should schedule a full-body massage for yourself at the end of the week. You are going to be beat!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #1593
Vintage Vixen

We got the AC fixed just in time. The summer heat and humidity are here. It was almost too hot to grill out, and all I did was bratwurst which don't take much tending to (meaning I could come back into the house while they cooked).

After we got the kitchen cleaned up and got the Monopoly game, Mrs. Wig baked another raspberry pie. It looks super yummy.

I've been arting some more. Here's another mini house called The Eyes are the Windows to the Soul.

eyes-windows-soul-watermarked.jpg
Granny Hawkins likes this post.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #1594
Vintage Vixen

Guten dias!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #1595
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon. I'm home in the cool air conditioning. Bill sent an email and said they are all having fun at the amusement park. If I were there, I don't think that would be the answer! LOL
Old 07-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #1596
Vintage Vixen

Hey Jo Jo!

It's hot here, too. And humid. I'm glad to be able to stay indoors, although I do need to run to the post office. I can go to the substation in the grocery store that is only 2 blocks away; their mail gets picked up at 3:15 or so. I may go looking like a Walmartian.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #1597
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

In this weather, looking like a Walmartian is acceptable.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #1598
Vintage Vixen

I don't know about that.....

On Saturday I saw some folks who could have used a little bit more clothing. I know it's hot, but are you really cooler when you "let it all hang out"? (Men AND women!)
Old 07-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #1599
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, that is true. I thought you meant without makeup or hair being done. It is too humid for me to deal with makeup. It all runs off anyway!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #1600
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Well, that is true. I thought you meant without makeup or hair being done. It is too humid for me to deal with makeup. It all runs off anyway!
I guess there ARE different levels of Walmartianess. LOL. For me, it usually means no makeup and day-old hair.

But for some people it includes -- shall we say -- poor clothing choices. On Saturday, I think I noticed the clothing more than the hair or makeup. (I finished my shopping first, so I sat on a bench near the entrance while I waited for Mom. I had nothing to do but people watch for more than 10 minutes!)

Besides, a lot of women don't wear makeup and look fine. It's just not a good look for me because of the rosacea, especially in the summer when it's hot--once my face gets red, it takes a while for it to get back to normal. The makeup helps hide that.