Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Where in Australia are you from in this thread ? Please vote only once.
NSW 29 23.02%
TASSIE 2 1.59%
VIC 25 19.84%
CANBERRA 7 5.56%
QLD 37 29.37%
N.T. 1 0.79%
W.A. 20 15.87%
S.A. 5 3.97%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #8521
hbs
Compulsive Stamper

Congratulation Kath on you new job. I love the cards Theresa, I think I will try that with some cards I have to make, I am busy making Christmas cards at the moment, but I carn't today as I really have to do some house work, as I haven't done any in the last few days as I have been making cards, which is more important anyway. off to do the housework yuk!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #8522
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to Jan R

Well done Kath, I hope you enjoy your new job. I have stuck the brayer in the drawer and will get it out when I have more time and patience! LOL. I then went out and bought a Ranger blending tool, with a pack of velcro attaching interchangeable pads. I have found this works quite well except I realise I don't have anywhere near enough different colours in ink pads! This addiction is never ending! I was pleased to get a set of stamps I had ordered from Stampin Up last night. It was the Upsy Daisy set. I was often borrowing my friend's set and thought it time to get my own. I have trawled through pages and pages of cards made with Upsy Daisy on the SU gallery here and have seen so many lovely ones. It is such a versatile stamp and embosses so well. I also would love to get "Lovely as a Tree" one day, I have currently borrowed that too to use for some Xmas cards. I love the quality of SU, but it is so expensive.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #8523
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to laurenscraft

Silly me, I just checked and I have the SU heart punch, so if it is still wanted, let me know what you need and I am happy to punch out for you. I do not have SU colours, only Bazzill or plain cardstock.

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 11-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #8524
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan R View Post
Well done Kath, I hope you enjoy your new job. I have stuck the brayer in the drawer and will get it out when I have more time and patience! LOL. I then went out and bought a Ranger blending tool, with a pack of velcro attaching interchangeable pads. I have found this works quite well except I realise I don't have anywhere near enough different colours in ink pads! This addiction is never ending! I was pleased to get a set of stamps I had ordered from Stampin Up last night. It was the Upsy Daisy set. I was often borrowing my friend's set and thought it time to get my own. I have trawled through pages and pages of cards made with Upsy Daisy on the SU gallery here and have seen so many lovely ones. It is such a versatile stamp and embosses so well. I also would love to get "Lovely as a Tree" one day, I have currently borrowed that too to use for some Xmas cards. I love the quality of SU, but it is so expensive.
I'd ALMOST be tempted to sell you my set of Lovely as a Tree. I don't use it as often as I should/could. BUT, I do have a weakness for COLLECTING tree stamp images, LOL. One day I'll set myself up a display shelf just for all my tree image stamps. I'd even like to wood mount most of my cling stamps of trees as well.

I'm going thru a lot of my stamps and selling a lot of them on. I've got way too many including a box full of SU sets. A couple of sets are current , some are popular retired sets. I don't have time to photgraph it all and post it up just yet, but if there was something on your wishlist I might just have it.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #8525

This morning I finished uploading the final card for the Hope Challenges. There were many times when I doubted I'd get the full set completed. The prizes look so cool so it was worth the extra effort to be in with a chance.

Now I can focus on my next big thing. Well maybe not that big, but a commitment nonetheless. I'm doing my first ever hostess gig with SCS this next weekend, with the Virtual Stamp Night Mini. I'd be really thrilled if any of you girls would like to participate in my challenge. The event will go live about 8am Sat 12 Nov, our time, and my spot is about the middle of the day. (Parts of US are changing their clocks this weekend, so I'll know what the real time will be sometime Mon arvo). Of course I can't tell you what the challenge is - TOP SECRET - but it'll be very easy and doable. Trust me
Old 11-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #8526
Insane Embellisher

Theresa, if you ever get more than tempted to sell that "ńs Lovely as a Tree" set please let me know. I have made a couple of Xmas cards with it and I am in love! LOL. I can use my friends at the moment, but I feel guilty doing this as I worry about smuding the wood etc, but she seems to be a "collector" of stamps rather than a user. She has so many stamps that have only seen ink because I have borrowed them! LOL.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #8527

I just went and had a look at my stamp set, and yes, just like most of my stamp sets there is staining on the wood. LOL. I don't just distress my cards , I also love to get my wood mounts all distressed up too. I'd be nervous too if I were you, using an unmarked set.

Normally i don't have an issue with passing on stamps I rarely use, but there is something about that set thats hard to part with. Last year, Big Egg, sent me a Christmas card with that set and it's the card that always catches my eye. I have slat doors on my craft room cupboard where I have my card gallery of cards sent to me. I look at it everyday. Even your cute penguin card is hanging up there

All this talk has got me curious so I went and had a look at the price of this set. The current set is list at $48.95. Four years ago it had a catalogue price of $49.95. If you were to buy a similar size and quality woodmount of the largest stamp you'd expect to pay about $20. While I agree the end price isn't cheap, as a set it is still good value, IMO.

I also notice that it doesn't come in the cheaper option of 'clear' mount. I'm sure this would be a hot seller if they did. I personally love my wood mounts, and I still buy all my SU! stamps WM.

The other thing you need to concern yourself with is the postage of course. Now I don't know your SU! demo or how she organises things, but my demo would only charge me 5% for that one item. I'd expect her to add that item to her next order. I have heard of demos charging the min $5.95 on all individual orders. SU! only calculates postage over the whole order not the individual orders. That means the demo gets to pocket the difference. I'd only pay the min if I had a small order that I had to have delivered to my door. I hope your demo does something similar.

Still $51.40 ( p&h added) can seem overly expensive when the craft budget has its limitations. I think you'd get such good value out of it that it'd be worth the expence. Just a thought and my two cents.

I might go and look thru the Lovely As A Tree gallery for some inspiration myself now.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #8528
Insane Embellisher

Thanks Theresa, I had a quick look on Ebay for that set, but there was none here in Aus and some of the U.S.A. sellers want an arm and a leg for postage! My SU rep lives close to me and I begrudge paying the postage. I was lucky with my Upsy Daisy set as she had spare set at her home and even had her husband deliver it to me! She always puts a little something in the bag as well as a nice little Thank You card. I don't care either if my own stamps get the blocks messy, but I do worry about it with other peoples. So far I have only used clear embossing ink with them, but maybe when I get to a darker colour I'll try protecting them with gladwrap or something!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #8529

I'm working on puttin up a B/S/T post with my SU! stamp sets. It's a lot of work just getting the list together. Next I'll be adding hyper links to all the titles. I really appreciate previous sellers who have gone to the effort to alphabetize and link the sets, so I should do the same. My list looks rather small compared to some I see in B/S/T. lol
Old 11-05-2011, 03:40 AM   #8530
Insane Embellisher

I had a quick look today at the B/S/T forum but of course no Tree stamps! I thought I should have a quick look each day as I go weeks without checking it out. I guess not many would want to part with that particular stamp set though. Is there a "Wanted to Buy" section here do you know, that would be handy for people looking for paticular stamps or dies.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:48 AM   #8531

There sure is a section for 'Wanting to buy'. It's called ISO (In Search Of). You'll find it in the B/S/T Sub Forum.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #8532
Gabfest Goddess

I think that most people with the Lovely as a Tree set would be hesitant to part with it. I have had is for several years and rarely use it, but would never part with it. I just love it.

I think I must go look at the galleries for inspiration and get to using it more!!

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 11-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #8533

There is something about that set thats very hard to let go of. I reckon if ever that set went into retirement I'd buy a couple of them to resell at a later date. They're not likely to lose their value.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #8534

So what's everyone been up to today.

Today I finally got started on my shoe box swap design and sample, and I've nearly finished making the kits. I think the girls will like the design. There will be a bit of fussing about with sponges and punches to get it made, and I can already hear the protests from some of them LOL. This year, each kit required nine passes thru the die cutting machine, which is an improvement on last years effort. I think I had about 12 passes for that one. LOL. And to think when I first saw a CB I just couldn't see the benefits of owning one. But just like last years effort, I made my kits up with what I already had in my craft room. No buying of anything extra. Gotta love that.

Last night I started on another mini album using the Sizzix petite pocket for the pages. Too cute. Just got to make the covers and the tags, and it'll be done.

One thing I haven't done is blog yet. I'll see if I can squeeze it in before I go to bed. I've had a very relaxing weekend. Having that extra day to get things done was such a godsend. I said yes, to do some work tomorrow, so I'll be getting into bed early tonight.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #8535
Insane Embellisher

I have been getting some Xmas cards done. I realised today thought that it was one of my grandaughters's 5th birthday next weekend so I had better look at doing her card now. Two of the cards I made are in my gallery.
Attached Thumbnails
gallery-upload-1.jpg  
Old 11-06-2011, 12:33 AM   #8536
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via MSN to Ozcat

Quote:
I have been getting some Xmas cards done. I realised today thought that it was one of my grandaughters's 5th birthday next weekend so I had better look at doing her card now. Two of the cards I made are in my gallery.
Beautiful card Jan. I really must get this set.

I'm a Kota's Kid and Fan Club member.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:05 AM   #8537

The latest card I can see in your gallery is one made back in March. I had a look thru what was there tho
Old 11-06-2011, 01:06 AM   #8538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozcat View Post
Beautiful card Jan. I really must get this set.
What is a Kota Kid?
Old 11-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #8539
hbs
Compulsive Stamper

I got Lovely as a Tree in my last SU order, but I haven't used it yet, I also have to make a card for my youngest grandaugter who turns 3 next Sunday, I am using the new princess stamp set from SU, and haveing lots of fun, mind you I was doing it at 4am this morning because I couldn't sleep, I mind her today, so I am hoping she will have an afternoon nap because I will need one, sorry Thesea I don't know what a Kota Kid is. have a great day everyone.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #8540
Insane Embellisher

Hi Ozcat, nice to see you again. I actually tried to upload the two cards I had made here in the forum but didn't think it worked, so just put them in my gallery, but now I see one did work! LOL. I don't upload very often and forget each time how to do it. I will try and do the second one now. I don't really know what Kota Kids are either but there is a thread here for them. Hopefully Ozcat will check in again and enlighten us.
Attached Thumbnails
gallery-upload-2.jpg  
Old 11-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #8541
hbs
Compulsive Stamper

love the card Jan, looking forward to seeing the other one, I haven't tried to up load cards yet but must have ago at it.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #8542
Insane Embellisher

Thanks Hbs, the other card is about 5 posts back on this page.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #8543

Lovely cards Jan. Love the simple framing and colour of the second.

I was reading thru the Kota's Kids thread one day thinking I'd get a clue as to who or what they were, but nothing stuck out.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #8544
Crimping Master

Kota was a member who asked about pen pals or card swaps. There were/are a lot of members and they are up to about their 20th chat thread. They get a new thread going every 5000 or so posts I think.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:29 AM   #8545

Thanks for the info Koffe kat. I've been wondering a long time what that was about.

Speaking of new threads. This one is getting very long in the tooth, and it might be time for a new one. What do you girls think? Should I start a fresh one?
Old 11-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #8546

My mum just rang to say, Lincraft has a sale on Bigshot machines at $99, while stocks last! I just bought one last month so I told her I didn't need one.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:32 AM   #8547
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via MSN to Ozcat

Quote:
Hi Ozcat, nice to see you again. I actually tried to upload the two cards I had made here in the forum but didn't think it worked, so just put them in my gallery, but now I see one did work! LOL. I don't upload very often and forget each time how to do it. I will try and do the second one now. I don't really know what Kota Kids are either but there is a thread here for them. Hopefully Ozcat will check in again and enlighten us.
Jan, Kota's are a group of cardmakers who keep in touch on the forum and send cards to each other for birthdays, Christmas etc. They are a great bunch of girls. There are only 2 of us in Australia, the majority are in the States and there a couple from Europe. I am soooo behind with my cards and posts. Must get my act together and get some out in the next couple of days.

I'm a Kota's Kid and Fan Club member.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #8548
Crimping Master

I was looking back at the early pages and while some of the ladies are still on the forum, they aren't in here - a changing of the guard.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #8549
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for that info Catherine. If you have a lot of members on your forum you would certainly keep busy with cards etc. A great excuse to make lots of cards though. I have trouble with keeping up with family cards, Xmas etc and I am way way behind with my scrapbooking! LOL.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #8550
Crimping Master

A bit echo-y in here...We haven't moved yet have we?
Old 11-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #8551
Insane Embellisher

I thought it had gone a bit quiet too.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #8552
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
I also would love to get "Lovely as a Tree" one day, I have currently borrowed that too to use for some Xmas cards. I love the quality of SU, but it is so expensive.
I got that set as a gift and I love it. when I first got it I thought "how boring!" but it's terrific.

Looks great embossed in silver on black or dark blue card with a sheer ribbon. There is one in my gallery if you want to see it made up.

Last time I had a 'chat' to my SU lady I spent nearly $400

My "excuse" was I was replacing 10 years worth of craft stock, she didn't buy that (but it's true...)

My Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...php?uid=261681
Old 11-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #8553
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstreez View Post
Thanks for the info Koffe kat. I've been wondering a long time what that was about.

Speaking of new threads. This one is getting very long in the tooth, and it might be time for a new one. What do you girls think? Should I start a fresh one?
So long as you let us know where

My Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...php?uid=261681
Old 11-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #8554

I've haven't gone anywhere, yet.

I've been getting a thousand things ready for this weekend away. All those kits I told you about, mini albums, the VSN samples. Then yesterday, work threw me a curve ball and said we'd have today and tomorrow off so we can work all weekend. *shock*

I spent last night unravelling my plans with phone calls and emails to all concerned. I was so bummed out I couldn't put my mind to anything useful. I even shed a tear in frustration. Aaarrrgghhhhh!

The good part is that weekend work is real easy. We'll be closing a dead end road where nobody lives. Rules state we have to be there. And of course the pay will be good. I'll be taking some reading material and my binoculars for a spot of bird watching.

My DD's formal is on Mon and I'll be going to that come what may.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #8555
Gabfest Goddess

Yes Theresa start a new one when you need to, just let me know where you are!!! I like to lurk or post as the mood goes.....

Are any of you digi stampers? I have loads of my drawings and doodles that I have scanned and am starting to use them on my cards, I am thinking of putting some of them on my blog from time to time as freebie digi jpg downloads.

I also got a mention in Favs of the Week for a card, that is always such a thrill. Again it is a TH birdcage card, I think that it is the birdcage that does it. I love that die!!!

Therese I am sorry your weekend has been rearranged for you. Does this interfere with your VSN?

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 11-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #8556

Yes my VSN was mucked up with this. The other girls will take it 'live' for me, and I'll pop in at the soonest opportunity.

I'd love to see some of my Aussie girls there. We want to encourage participation. The idea is to make a card and not get too hung up on the outcome. I've made some absolute doozies, (I mean really, really foul) cards for VSN, but I've also come up with a pearl. It's a great exercise and you learn so much from the experience.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #8557

Saw your card for the Favs. It's got some of those beautiful Lauren roses on there. Very nice.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #8558

Got a fresh new thread started.

Sitting in the shade of the Coolibah tree, while the billy boils.