Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree283Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #3601
Glitter Guru

You got me thinkin' about it Jacqueline and I looked in my gallery. I did do just one. I remember the card but forgot it was a HYCCT challenge.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #3602
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliotstamps View Post
Is the MFT boutique anywhere close to you, Pat? I know they are in Florida, but don't really know where. If it's close, you could check it out in person!
They are somewhere nearby because my MIL met the owner at a LSS int he area....
Old 11-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #3603

hi everyone....hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

We are passing around the cough/cold right now....just in time!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #3604
Glitter Guru

Okay, I found it, Michelle. It's in Eustis. That's about 1 hr and 15 minutes from me. I printed directions just in case I get a chance to go.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:57 AM   #3605
Gallery Gazer

I'm definitely going to have to make a stop there too during my next trip to Melbourne - I wonder how far away it it from there.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #3606
Gallery Gazer

Eustis is on the northern side of Orlando, Melbourne is southeast - it would be about a two hour drive - at least.

On a side note, my husband managed to eat a 12 pound turkey and a mince meat pie (minus one slice) in 5 days! He basically ate the entire turkey - I had one piece of white meat on Thanksgiving. I'm not a big turkey fan (or Thanksgiving for that matter). Apparently, Joe likes turkey.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #3607
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline View Post
Eustis is on the northern side of Orlando, Melbourne is southeast - it would be about a two hour drive - at least.

On a side note, my husband managed to eat a 12 pound turkey and a mince meat pie (minus one slice) in 5 days! He basically ate the entire turkey - I had one piece of white meat on Thanksgiving. I'm not a big turkey fan (or Thanksgiving for that matter). Apparently, Joe likes turkey.
wow, that is a lot of turkey! I have a turkey in my freezer; hope to cook it one of these weekends - I figure it will make a lot of turkey sandwiches and soup over the winter. But I think it'll take me more than 5 days to eat it all!

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Old 11-27-2012, 02:56 AM   #3608
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
wow, that is a lot of turkey! I have a turkey in my freezer; hope to cook it one of these weekends - I figure it will make a lot of turkey sandwiches and soup over the winter. But I think it'll take me more than 5 days to eat it all!
It would take any normal person more than five days to eat!

Yay Michelle, we both won another prize in HYCCT! I'm not sure if i already have the spell binders set that i won. I have to check it out. I'm alot luckier this year!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #3609
Stazon Splitcoast

yay Jacq! And yay Jean! We are all luckier this year, I think! And they had a lot more prizes.

I am working later shifts today and tomorrow for work, which means time in the morning to get chores done and work on projects. I have been making a photo book for my mom and sister of our trip last summer (well, part of it - the whole trip would've taken way too long!) and I finally finished it last night so I need to get that ordered.

--Henri Matisse
Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #3610
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
yay Jacq! And yay Jean! We are all luckier this year, I think! And they had a lot more prizes.

I am working later shifts today and tomorrow for work, which means time in the morning to get chores done and work on projects. I have been making a photo book for my mom and sister of our trip last summer (well, part of it - the whole trip would've taken way too long!) and I finally finished it last night so I need to get that ordered.
Yes, YAY! I saw that Jean won again too - xyron set. Early Christmas goodies for all of us this year.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #3611
Stazon Splitcoast

I am blown away by the prizes this year. I can't believe I won twice. Glad to see Paula's, Denise's, Michelle's, Lee's, and Jacquie's names there, too.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #3612
Glitter Guru

Yay for all you winners!!!!

If you have never ordered from Susana's Custom Art & Design I can recommend it. Susana is the nicest person ever. She called me once to ask if she could take a product out of its packing to save me money on shipping. Every time you order she sends you free gifts and they are not things that you know she could never sell, they are all good things, like clear stamps and almost always a package of bling as well. Right now all her 6x6 paper is on sale either 10% or 20% off. She has most brands -- Bo Bunny, Crate Paper, Authentique, etc. Here's the link if you would like to take a peek:
Susana's Custom Art and Card Design
Old 11-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #3613
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by casep View Post
Yay for all you winners!!!!

If you have never ordered from Susana's Custom Art & Design I can recommend it. Susana is the nicest person ever. She called me once to ask if she could take a product out of its packing to save me money on shipping. Every time you order she sends you free gifts and they are not things that you know she could never sell, they are all good things, like clear stamps and almost always a package of bling as well. Right now all her 6x6 paper is on sale either 10% or 20% off. She has most brands -- Bo Bunny, Crate Paper, Authentique, etc. Here's the link if you would like to take a peek:
Susana's Custom Art and Card Design
By FAR, the best company I have ever dealt with. I love that she refunds shipping if your order doesn't cost as much to ship. She really is good. She has quite a variety of product, too.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #3614
Gallery Gazer

Yes, I've ordered from her too but it's been a while. I'll have to check out the deals.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #3615
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Thanks for the store recommendation! I'll keep that in mind! Congrats to the group on all the hycct prizes! Love to see friends winning! (And, yeah, I don't mind it myself.)

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #3616
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Thanks for the store recommendation! I'll keep that in mind! Congrats to the group on all the hycct prizes! Love to see friends winning! (And, yeah, I don't mind it myself.)
Yeah, we all hit it big Have you ordered from MFT Paula? I know you will be soon with your HYCCT winnings. I LOVE their stuff. I'm getting ready to place another order because I want it all! LOL I've been putting it off because one of the things I want is on backorder.

I have a ham in the freezer that our neighbor gave us - I was thinking about making that for Christmas. The boys will be with us so I figured they could make sandwiches, etc. Maybe, that way, Joe won't eat the entire ham himself!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #3617
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline View Post
Yeah, we all hit it big Have you ordered from MFT Paula? I know you will be soon with your HYCCT winnings. I LOVE their stuff. I'm getting ready to place another order because I want it all! LOL I've been putting it off because one of the things I want is on backorder.

I have a ham in the freezer that our neighbor gave us - I was thinking about making that for Christmas. The boys will be with us so I figured they could make sandwiches, etc. Maybe, that way, Joe won't eat the entire ham himself!
I have but it's been ages. I don't even think they made dies back then! What are some of your favorite My Favorite Things? Any idea how long they take to restock? That Black Friday sale cleaned them of a lot. I know I want to try the cardstock, pick up some felt, and try their ink, but after that I'm open to suggestions!

Haha on the ham!

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #3618
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
I have but it's been ages. I don't even think they made dies back then! What are some of your favorite My Favorite Things? Any idea how long they take to restock? That Black Friday sale cleaned them of a lot. I know I want to try the cardstock, pick up some felt, and try their ink, but after that I'm open to suggestions!

Haha on the ham!
The CS is good, nice and heavy. I like their dies alot and have quite a few. I like the Al a modes and Pure Innocence stamps, but I like coloring the people and mix-matching DSP. They only have 2 inks now, the red and green, they just started doing the ink. I've also gotten some of the buttons, nice assortment for the price. Whatever you get you can't go wrong.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #3619
Stazon Splitcoast

I love the MFT PI girls, too! My favorite recent MFT purchase was the bookmark duo - stamp and die set. I have made a few fun projects with it and plan to make more bookmarks for Christmas if I have time. I can also vouch for the cardstock. The black licorice is awesome - a really good black.

--Henri Matisse
Old 11-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #3620
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I love the MFT PI girls, too! My favorite recent MFT purchase was the bookmark duo - stamp and die set. I have made a few fun projects with it and plan to make more bookmarks for Christmas if I have time. I can also vouch for the cardstock. The black licorice is awesome - a really good black.
Ooooo, I might have to add that to my ever growing list. Cannever have too much black CS (or white, or kraft) I bought some cheap black crapola from Hobby Lobby and it's so thin, the cutter chews up the edges when I cut it. Won't ever buy that again.

Joe left early today - he asked me for a few Christmas ideas that he (and the kids) can get me. I told him I would like a Xyron Creative Station - I even printed a pic and coupon for him, gloves to go with my new coat, a pretty picture frame or my desk at work, and my wish list from SimonSaysStamp - I figured they could pick some things off of it if they want to get me crafty things. I also want to get a few more things from MFT but don't want to wait til Christmas (although, I probably won't get a chance to use it all beforehand). I also already ordered a dustcover, new cutting mat and blade for my cameo which I put in the "oh, I'm so surprised" pile for them to "give" me. Nothing like picking out and purchasing your own Christmas presents, huh?
Old 12-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #3621

hi ladies and fellow winners! I ordered some things from Hambo Stamps...the owner was really nice but the stamps just aren't my style at all. You know how much I hate coloring....but I picked out some good sentiments so we'll see...

Hope everyone is well, i am so crazy hectic it's not even funny. XOXO to you all....

PS CAS 200th challenge party next weekend 12/8-9 lots of fun easy challenges to play whenever!
PPS no CAS challenges the last 2 weeks of Dec...no way was I gonna wait up all night for the team to upload on Christmas eve and new years eve!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #3622
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls! You all must be busy decking halls and such. I'm pretty much all decorated for the holidays here, but I'm a bit behind on my shopping and crafting. I think I am going to attempt the mall after work tomorrow. Wish me luck!
I hope to have time to play along with some of CAS challenges this weekend - I need to make a few more holiday cards. And Sunday I want to do a little baking, I think.

--Henri Matisse
Old 12-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #3623
Glitter Guru

Have decked the halls here, but the trees are not up yet. On the list for this weekend. Am ok on shopping, but way behind on Christmas cards. We don't get out of school for Winter Holidays this year until very late. Our last day is Friday, Dec. 21. Now I've caught the icky cold that has been going around the school. Blah!
Old 12-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #3624
Gallery Gazer

Here I am too...been santa shopping. Going to work on a few cards today and tomorrow...i have birthdays coming up too that i need cards for. Tow dolly Michele and Rob are coming down on Thursday (yay).

Hope you're all doing swell! Hope you're feeling better Pat!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:27 AM   #3625
Stazon Splitcoast

Tow dolly Michelle. Still cracks me up. If I ever meet her, I know I'm gonna call her Tow Dolly. I think we're going to the movies today. I dunno. Everybody is sick around here and I don't want it because I'm going out to meet Michelle in short order! Mish, I'm going to email you in the next day or two and calendar up a meeting place and time. Now, remember, if you get a better plan, run with it, dahling. You won't hurt my feelings.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:29 AM   #3626
Stazon Splitcoast

All I'm gonna say today is too bad that someone missed out on a bottle of whipped cream vodka. You know who you are! Cookies in the morning, cookies in the evening, cookies at suppertime. . .sure saves on the grocery bill.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #3627
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecoastcrafter View Post
Tow dolly Michelle. Still cracks me up. If I ever meet her, I know I'm gonna call her Tow Dolly. I think we're going to the movies today. I dunno. Everybody is sick around here and I don't want it because I'm going out to meet Michelle in short order! Mish, I'm going to email you in the next day or two and calendar up a meeting place and time. Now, remember, if you get a better plan, run with it, dahling. You won't hurt my feelings.
Looking forward to it! I even came up with an idea about where to meet up.

--Henri Matisse
Old 12-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #3628
Gallery Gazer

I'm intrigued by three little words...whipped cream vodka!

Jean - you and Milt have a safe journey and have a blast with Michelle (I'm jealous - I want to hang with Michelle too)!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #3629
Stazon Splitcoast

I can vouch for the whipped cream vodka - it's pretty good stuff!

Jacq, I would love to hang out with you, too. One of these days we'll make it happen - NC is one of the states I haven't been to yet!

Jean, I sent you an email about your upcoming trip. Just wanted to make sure you got it.

I'm busying with holiday prep around here. I have nearly all the holiday cards made - I did cut back the list a bit this year. I think I'm right around 50. (had been 60+ in past years) I'll have to make more if I get one unexpectedly from someone I didn't send one too!

I didn't have a chance to play in the CAS anniversary challenges over the weekend, but may try to get a couple in this week if I get my main Christmas projects done. Only 9 work days after today before I go on vacation. Can't wait!

--Henri Matisse
Old 12-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #3630
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi guys!

Mish, I just emailed you.

I am elated. I am all done with cards, gifts, wrapping, cookies, etc. (Well maybe one other cookie batch later) for this year. I saw this thing on the 12 days of Christmas for your hubby on Tip Junkie this year and that took me days to think of and collect each day's gift. I did one of something, two of something, three of something, etc. I opted to do this instead of stocking gifts this year as we're going to Pat's for Christmas Eve and Christmas this year. I just got the cutest text from the teacher I work with at school. I was scheduled for a cookie swap party but this bug that is going around Florida wiped out all the bakers but three so I opted not to make the long drive. That left me with 6 dozen cookies. I took half to my nephew's house and took the other half to school this morning for the third grade team. She just texted me, "Everybody is freakin out over the cookies. What are they?" So in the interest of spreading good cheer. Here is the link. There are very, very good. I did not opt to use the good ghiradelli baking bars which are expensive in this quantity for the dipping. I only used them for inside the cookies. I used a big bar of ghiradelli white dipping choc. I got at Sam's. With that I didn't have to use shortening with the white choc. for dipping. The dipping stuff set really fast, too.
White Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread Cookies | CulinaryChat

Old 12-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #3631

Quote:
All I'm gonna say today is too bad that someone missed out on a bottle of whipped cream vodka. You know who you are! Cookies in the morning, cookies in the evening, cookies at suppertime. . .sure saves on the grocery bill.
no likey
Old 12-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #3632

Quote:
Hi guys!

Mish, I just emailed you.

I am elated. I am all done with cards, gifts, wrapping, cookies, etc. (Well maybe one other cookie batch later) for this year. I saw this thing on the 12 days of Christmas for your hubby on Tip Junkie this year and that took me days to think of and collect each day's gift. I did one of something, two of something, three of something, etc. I opted to do this instead of stocking gifts this year as we're going to Pat's for Christmas Eve and Christmas this year. I just got the cutest text from the teacher I work with at school. I was scheduled for a cookie swap party but this bug that is going around Florida wiped out all the bakers but three so I opted not to make the long drive. That left me with 6 dozen cookies. I took half to my nephew's house and took the other half to school this morning for the third grade team. She just texted me, "Everybody is freakin out over the cookies. What are they?" So in the interest of spreading good cheer. Here is the link. There are very, very good. I did not opt to use the good ghiradelli baking bars which are expensive in this quantity for the dipping. I only used them for inside the cookies. I used a big bar of ghiradelli white dipping choc. I got at Sam's. With that I didn't have to use shortening with the white choc. for dipping. The dipping stuff set really fast, too.
White Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread Cookies | CulinaryChat

damn damn damn....
Old 12-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #3633

I just finished my shopping today.... booked a cruise for me Joe and the kids for January 19! Kids will only miss 4 days of school and I dont care! Im on a fixed budget and I have to vacation when I can afford it....right? LOL

I always wanted to go to Belize!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #3634
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqbarbie View Post
I just finished my shopping today.... booked a cruise for me Joe and the kids for January 19! Kids will only miss 4 days of school and I dont care! Im on a fixed budget and I have to vacation when I can afford it....right? LOL

I always wanted to go to Belize!
How fun Denise!! The good thing is that you save on airfare because you drive to the ports.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #3635
Glitter Guru

Well hello! I have finally been able to crawl out of bed where I have been since Saturday with a nasty cold and FEVER. On Monday I managed to go to the doctor to make sure I did not have some dread disease (like the flu) because I am not used to having a fever ever and certainly not one of 102. But she assured me (after doing a flu test) that it was only a particularly mean rhino virus, and once the fever passed I would be fine again. Still, 4 days of a fever leaves you feeling pretty puny. I didn't eat hardly anything either, which is probably part of it, so now I am eating and hoping to feel better so I can go back to school.

I hope everyone else is well and enjoying the holiday festivities.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #3636
Stazon Splitcoast

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Pat! That virus sounds awful. Busy, busy around here. I am on a desperate hunt for the last couple of Christmas gifts for my list. Who knew it would be so hard to find an Etch a Sketch? I've been to three stores already.

--Henri Matisse
Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #3637
Stazon Splitcoast

You are kidding, Mish. I just was thinking about an etch a sketch for someone but you know, I haven't seen one in years.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #3638
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you're a little better, Pat. Don't rush back to school.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #3639
Glitter Guru

Etch-a-Sketch - Amazon $14.99. If you have Prime you can have it by Friday.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #3640
Glitter Guru

Not rushing. Will not go back until Friday. Teaching takes stamina.