Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree388Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #241
Stazon Splitcoast

The stamps are traveling again! The 7 lb. 9 oz. box is on its way to Lee's in Colorado!
I am so ready for the weekend! I'm headed to the beach for a couple days, but first I need to make some cupcakes (pink champagne!), do laundry and clean house. I also need to try to get some stamping it. The Dare to Get Dirty Challenges start tomorrow and I hope to play along. I may try to get a head-start on some holiday cards with them.
Anybody else got any exciting plans coming up?

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #242
Glitter Guru

Are the Dare to Get Dirty challenges here on SCS, Michelle?
Old 07-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #243
Stazon Splitcoast

yep, Jean. It's the annual week of challenges for Fan Club members. Dirty Dozen and DD alums host them, with a few posted each day for a week. There's a seperate forum in the forums for the challenges with all the info.

Also - TGIF!!!!!!

--Henri Matisse
Old 07-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #244
Glitter Guru

Hi girls! I released the little critter back into the wild (my courtyard! LOL) Wednesday night, so all's well that ends well. I slept like a baby. Orkin came today and said that there were a couple more geckos caught in the sticky traps that she sets at the entrances and doorways, along with some lovely spiders, crickets, moths, and roaches. ICK!!! She sprayed inside the house, so we should be good to go until September, when we come back for the winter. Thanks for all your support, girls - I can't believe what a weenie I am. LOL

I'm going to a crop tomorrow night with Kim Hughes and Kim Kesti - two of the Paper Crafts Go-to-Gals. Should be fun! I have a few projects that I brought down with me that I'll work on. Maybe I'll print out a couple of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges and work on those, too. Do you have to be a Fan Club member to have access to the DTGD forum?

The beach sounds like fun, Mish. And those cupcakes sound delish! I think I'll go dig through my stuff here and get some stamping stuff together for tomorrow. Have a great night, ladies!
Old 07-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #245
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

Ohhhh yipppeeee!!! The box is on it's way here!!!!! Quick question.........I have tons of clear stamp sets I put into CD holders, are those okay to put in or do we want to keep it to rubber stamps? I have lots of those too, just curious what would go over better? Or some of both??

We have to be gone most of tomorrow, but I plan on playing DD challenges ALLLLLL Sunday in my jammies!!!!

Mish.........can you post a recipe? Those cupcakes sound heavenly!!!!

Karo...........so glad you are critter free!!!! I was so proud of myself for killing a spider on the wall without waking hubby the other nite! Pathetic I am I know! If it had been a cricket I was waking him up!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #246
Glitter Guru

I'm with you, Lee! Crickets are disgusting! We had them in Florida, and we have them here, too. In fact, the first fall that we came down here, we arrived to so many crickets in our garage that the floor of the garage was BLACK with cricket poop! Talk about the heebie jeebies!! DOUBLE ICK!! That's when we started having Orkin come every other month. The annoying thing is that they don't normally come inside during the summer when we're not here. Which is why I think there were so many critters in the house when I got here this time. Will definitely be figuring out a way for Orkin to come inside while we're gone during the summer. Maybe our sweet neighbors won't mind letting the Orkin gal inside . . . . I'll have to check on that.

Stamping in your jammies - sounds like heaven on earth, Lee!! Enjoy, missy!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:27 PM   #247
Glitter Guru

I have a question for you all. Have you guys seen that great baker's twine that's being sold by a few vendors, but most prominently by The Cat's Pajamas? It's called Divine Twine. It's amazing stuff, and really good quality. The spools are $15 each and have 240 yards on each spool ($120 for 1,920 yds. of twine). There are eight different colors - red, aqua, yellow, orange, black, red, green and grey. Is there any chance any of you would want to go in on the spools and divide them up? I mean it would take me centuries to go through 240 yds. of baker's twine, but if we divided it up amongst us, we'd still have a very generous amount of twine in each color. To see the colors you can go HERE to check it out. Anyone?
Old 07-16-2010, 11:02 PM   #248
VSN Coordinator

Oh I saw that and would LOVE to be in on a group share!!!! Keep me posted!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 05:35 AM   #249
Glitter Guru

Good Saturday morning, all. Yes, Karolyn, I would go in on the twine. When you find out who's interested, give the the details. And in answer to your question about the Dare to Get Dirty challenges, I believe everyone can see the challenges but this was in the thread about it. "Only Fan Club Members will be able to upload to this event gallery, but everyone will be able to view and comment on your creations. "
Old 07-17-2010, 06:06 AM   #250
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

morning! I'd be interested in the group baker's twine share , but I need money deets before I can commit. Darn summer electric bills cutting into the fun stuff.

Really hoping to get all the DTGD challenges done! i managed last year by the skin of my teeth.

Lee ~ Not the official word here, but I intended to put clear stamp sets in. Now, I'll see what Jean says.

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:35 AM   #251
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning!
Clear and unmounted stamps are all good for the box! There were some of each in the box when it arrived to me, and I added some more!
Karo, I would consider a twine share, too, if it could be done in the $20 range. It is really cool stuff! I think it would be great for wrapping small holiday packages, too.
I need to get the cupcakes started shortly. I want to get them in and out of the oven before it gets too hot here. I'll post the recipe shortly!

--Henri Matisse
Old 07-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #252
Glitter Guru

Hi ladies!

Okay, if we can get 8 of us to go in together, it would be $15 per person for 240 yds. of twine, 30 yds. of each color.

I also found another site (a friend sent it to me this morning, ironically) with different colors of what appears to be the same or very similar twine. It's $14 per spool, same amount of twine, and I have a discount code for 25% off. Maybe if you all like some of those colors better than the some of the Divine Twine colors, we could get a mixture of both kinds - then it would be even cheaper (as long as we have 8 of us that want to pool together). Here's the other stuff: The Twinery.

So far we have:

Karolyn
Lee
Paula
Pat
Michelle

Three more, and we've got it made! Let me know what you all think!!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #253
Glitter Guru

Here are the two different twines, side by side, so you can see the difference in colors. It looks like The Twinery has brown, and Divine Twine has black. Also, The Twinery has a deal where you can buy all 8 colors for the price of 7, then I get 25% off of that, for a total of $73.50. That would be less than $10 each for the same amount of twine as the Divine Twine. Maybe if we mix and match the colors we can get enough of a variety for everyone. What do you all think?
Attached Thumbnails
twine1.jpg   divine-twine.jpg  
Old 07-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #254
Stazon Splitcoast

My .02, Karolyn, is that in general, I like the softer colors of the Divine twine, but I would love to have the brown from the other place (maybe instead of the oyster divine twine? I'm not sure what color that is supposed to be? Gray?) The coupon deal sounds great, but if you have to pay shipping to two places, does that make it worth splitting the order? Just something to think about.

--Henri Matisse
Old 07-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #255
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliotstamps View Post
My .02, Karolyn, is that in general, I like the softer colors of the Divine twine, but I would love to have the brown from the other place (maybe instead of the oyster divine twine? I'm not sure what color that is supposed to be? Gray?) The coupon deal sounds great, but if you have to pay shipping to two places, does that make it worth splitting the order? Just something to think about.
Yeah, I forgot about the shipping. Duh! Shipping with Cats Pajamas is $9, and the shipping for The Twinery is 11 - that's if we order all 8 spools from both locations. So that's another $2.50 per person, if we get 8 people. We're still under that $20 per person mark though. How do you feel about that?

Last edited by garkarlon; 07-17-2010 at 09:43 AM..
Old 07-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #256
Stazon Splitcoast

Pink Champagne Cupcakes from Betty Crocker

1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
1 1/4 cups champagne
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 egg whites
4 to 5 drops red food coloring
Champagne Frosting
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup champagne
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 to 5 drops red food coloring
Garnish
Pink decorator sugar crystals
Edible pink pearls

1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
2. In large bowl, combine dry cake mix and champagne. Add oil, eggs and food color. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
3. Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
4. In medium bowl, beat frosting ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with pink sugar and pearls.

--Henri Matisse
Old 07-17-2010, 10:37 AM   #257
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by garkarlon View Post
Yeah, I forgot about the shipping. Duh! Shipping with Cats Pajamas is $9, and the shipping for The Twinery is 11 - that's if we order all 8 spools from both locations. So that's another $2.50 per person, if we get 8 people. We're still under that $20 per person mark though. How do you feel about that?
I'm fine with that. Remember, though, that you have to ship everything to us, too! It probably won't weigh much so first class would likely work!

--Henri Matisse
Old 07-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #258
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I'm fine with that. Remember, though, that you have to ship everything to us, too! It probably won't weigh much so first class would likely work!
Yeah, I'm not worried about that. I'll take care of that.

Okay, so we need at least 3 more people to round out our 8. Anyone else interested? If not, I might offer it up on my blog and and to my DT peeps. Want to give you girls first dibs, though. Let me know!

Mish, that recipe sounds delish - may just have to make some of those. Mmmmmmmm.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:07 PM   #259
Stazon Splitcoast

So I used one of the traveling stamps in a card I made for the dare to get dirty. While I was uploading, I decided we need a keyword so we can see what everyone else is making with the traveling stamps. So if you upload a card using a traveling stamp, let's use keyword STS10!

--Henri Matisse
Old 07-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #260
Glitter Guru

Quote:
So I used one of the traveling stamps in a card I made for the dare to get dirty. While I was uploading, I decided we need a keyword so we can see what everyone else is making with the traveling stamps. So if you upload a card using a traveling stamp, let's use keyword STS10!
Brilliant, Mish! I'm off to check it out!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #261
VSN Coordinator

Karo......honestly at aroundish aboutish $20 or so I'm in for whatever the majority wants as far as the twine goes!!!

Yaaay how fun to have our own code Mish! Great idea! And those cupcakes look wonderful! I need to go buy some cheap champagne! LOL
Old 07-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #262
Glitter Guru

I'm perfectly happy with the colors from the Twinery, especially if you have a coupon from them. I like the brown better than the oyster or the black.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #263
Glitter Guru

Thanks for the Sisterhood of the Traveling Stamps code, Michelle!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:02 AM   #264
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Morning!
Clear and unmounted stamps are all good for the box! There were some of each in the box when it arrived to me, and I added some more!
Karo, I would consider a twine share, too, if it could be done in the $20 range. It is really cool stuff! I think it would be great for wrapping small holiday packages, too.
I need to get the cupcakes started shortly. I want to get them in and out of the oven before it gets too hot here. I'll post the recipe shortly!
Yep, you can work out your own trades when the box gets to you--anything but big paper and ink. You decide on your own. Thanks, Mish.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:02 AM   #265
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi ladies!

Okay, if we can get 8 of us to go in together, it would be $15 per person for 240 yds. of twine, 30 yds. of each color.

I also found another site (a friend sent it to me this morning, ironically) with different colors of what appears to be the same or very similar twine. It's $14 per spool, same amount of twine, and I have a discount code for 25% off. Maybe if you all like some of those colors better than the some of the Divine Twine colors, we could get a mixture of both kinds - then it would be even cheaper (as long as we have 8 of us that want to pool together). Here's the other stuff: The Twinery.

So far we have:

Karolyn
Lee
Paula
Pat
Michelle

Three more, and we've got it made! Let me know what you all think!!
Add meeeee!

Old 07-18-2010, 09:04 AM   #266
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Brilliant, Mish! I'm off to check it out!
Double ditto on the brilliant--you are so smart!

Old 07-18-2010, 10:16 AM   #267
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecoastcrafter View Post
Add meeeee!
Done!

Okay, so we have six peeps now. Anyone else? Denise, Jacqueline, Robyn? Anyone?

Of those that have already signed up, can you look at all 16 colors and give me a list of the 8 that you want. For instance, it looks to me like the reds from both companies is very similar if not the same. I'm going to list the names of each color below. If you all could copy and paste that list into a reply and put your name next to the colors you want. I think I'm going to go ahead and order all 16 colors, and then you all can pick and choose which colors you want. That way you all can within your budgets. With what's left that you all don't want, I'll offer it up to peeps on my blog and on my DT. Here's my pricing suggestion:

30 yds. minimum for each color - you can order more if fewer than 8 people join in.

$1.80 for 30 yds. - that includes shipping.

If you don't want 8 colors, that's fine. Order what you want that fits into your budget. There's nothing worse than getting something in a share that you don't want or can't use. KWIM?

Here's the list of colors:

THE TWINERY:

Maraschine (Red & White)
Madarin (Orange & White)
Lemon Drop (Yellow & White)
Peapod (Green & White)
Lilac (Purple & White)
Cappuccino (Brown & White)
Caribbean (Teal & White)
Pink Sorbet (Bright Pink & White)

DIVINE TWINE:

Aqua (Light Turquoise & White)
Green Apple (Lime Green & White)
Lemon (Light Yellow & White)
Orange (Light Orange & White)
Licorice (Black & White)
Cotton Candy (Light Pink & White)
Oyster (Grey & White)
Cherry (Red & White)

Please copy & paste the list into a reply here, tell me which colors you want, and how much of each color you want (if you want more than 30 yds.) - if you want more than 30 yds. of any color, you getting that additional amount will depend on if we get less than 8 people. The sooner I can get a count, the sooner I can get it ordered.

Thanks, ladies!
Old 07-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #268
VSN Coordinator

Karo you are awesome!!!!

I decided (if it's ok).......I'd like to just get 30 yards of each color..........so I'm rounding to $2 per color so that will put me at aroundish $30. I'm good with that if that will work for you!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #269
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Karolyn, can I see if my RL friend wants in too as long as I handle her money? If not, that's completely ok but i know she likes this stuff. don't want to overcomplicate your life, tho! I can always just share mine with her.

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:52 AM   #270
Stazon Splitcoast

You are so good to do this, Karolyn!

THE TWINERY:

Maraschine (Red & White) JEAN
Madarin (Orange & White)
Lemon Drop (Yellow & White) JEAN
Peapod (Green & White) JEAN
Lilac (Purple & White)
Caribbean (Teal & White) JEAN
Pink Sorbet (Bright Pink & White) JEAN

DIVINE TWINE:

Aqua (Light Turquoise & White) JEAN
Orange (Light Orange & White) JEAN
Licorice (Black & White) JEAN
Oyster (Grey & White)
Cherry (Red & White)

You'll "BILL" us, right?

Old 07-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #271
Glitter Guru

This is so nice of you, Karolyn!

THE TWINERY:

Maraschine (Red & White) PAT
Madarin (Orange & White) PAT
Lemon Drop (Yellow & White) PAT
Peapod (Green & White)
Lilac (Purple & White) PAT
Cappuccino (Brown & White) PAT
Caribbean (Teal & White)

DIVINE TWINE:

Aqua (Light Turquoise & White) PAT
Green Apple (Lime Green & White) PAT
Licorice (Black & White) PAT
Cotton Candy (Light Pink & White) PAT
Oyster (Grey & White)
Cherry (Red & White)
Old 07-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #272
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Karolyn, can I see if my RL friend wants in too as long as I handle her money? If not, that's completely ok but i know she likes this stuff. don't want to overcomplicate your life, tho! I can always just share mine with her.
Absolutely, Paula! That's totally fine! What's her name so I can add her to the list?
Old 07-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #273
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
Karo you are awesome!!!!

I decided (if it's ok).......I'd like to just get 30 yards of each color..........so I'm rounding to $2 per color so that will put me at aroundish $30. I'm good with that if that will work for you!!!
Lee, you are a woman after my own heart! You can NEVER have enough ribbon, glitter, stamps, etc. I feel the same way about Baker's Twine right now. LOL Got ya down, sistah!
Old 07-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #274
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecoastcrafter View Post
You are so good to do this, Karolyn!

THE TWINERY:

Maraschine (Red & White) JEAN
Madarin (Orange & White)
Lemon Drop (Yellow & White) JEAN
Peapod (Green & White) JEAN
Lilac (Purple & White)
Caribbean (Teal & White) JEAN
Pink Sorbet (Bright Pink & White) JEAN

DIVINE TWINE:

Aqua (Light Turquoise & White) JEAN
Orange (Light Orange & White) JEAN
Licorice (Black & White) JEAN
Oyster (Grey & White)
Cherry (Red & White)

You'll "BILL" us, right?
Thanks, Jean! Yes, I can do PayPal, or you can just send me a check. But don't do it yet. Wait until I get the twine and then I'll let you all know. Is that okay?
Old 07-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #275
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by casep View Post
This is so nice of you, Karolyn!

THE TWINERY:

Maraschine (Red & White) PAT
Madarin (Orange & White) PAT
Lemon Drop (Yellow & White) PAT
Peapod (Green & White)
Lilac (Purple & White) PAT
Cappuccino (Brown & White) PAT
Caribbean (Teal & White)

DIVINE TWINE:

Aqua (Light Turquoise & White) PAT
Green Apple (Lime Green & White) PAT
Licorice (Black & White) PAT
Cotton Candy (Light Pink & White) PAT
Oyster (Grey & White)
Cherry (Red & White)
It's my pleasure, Pat! I'm just so excited to get this stuff - I am obsessed with baker's twine these days, so this will be fun! Got your list - thank you!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #276
VSN Coordinator

Wheeee I'm excited about the Baker's Twine!!! I'm so glad I'm "understood" here! Hubby shakes his head at all my shhhtufffs! But he enables me anyway!!!!

I'll be ready to PayPal whenever you're read for payment!!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #277
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
Wheeee I'm excited about the Baker's Twine!!! I'm so glad I'm "understood" here! Hubby shakes his head at all my shhhtufffs! But he enables me anyway!!!!

I'll be ready to PayPal whenever you're read for payment!!
LOL! Love the pigtails, Lee!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #278
Stazon Splitcoast

Karolyn, you are awesome for doing this! I would like 30 yards of the following colors. I can paypal you whenever you're ready!

THE TWINERY:

Maraschine (Red & White)
Madarin (Orange & White)
Peapod (Green & White) Michelle
Lilac (Purple & White) Michelle
Cappuccino (Brown & White) Michelle
Caribbean (Teal & White) Michelle
Pink Sorbet (Bright Pink & White) Michelle

DIVINE TWINE:

Aqua (Light Turquoise & White) Michelle
Green Apple (Lime Green & White) Michelle
Lemon (Light Yellow & White) Michelle
Orange (Light Orange & White) Michelle
Licorice (Black & White) Michelle
Cotton Candy (Light Pink & White) Michelle
Oyster (Grey & White)
Cherry (Red & White) Michelle

--Henri Matisse
Old 07-18-2010, 07:50 PM   #279
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got home from visiting my cousins who live near the beach. My cousin's wife started a book group a few months ago and we meet every couple of months to eat, drink and talk about books. The book this time had champagne as a theme, so we tasted several champagnes including some pricey ones, and ate champagne cupcakes for dessert. It was so much cooler there, it was a nice change. Now I'm worn out, but have to get ready for the work week - ugh.

--Henri Matisse
Old 07-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #280
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Karolyn, you are awesome for doing this! I would like 30 yards of the following colors. I can paypal you whenever you're ready!

THE TWINERY:

Maraschine (Red & White)
Madarin (Orange & White)
Peapod (Green & White) Michelle
Lilac (Purple & White) Michelle
Cappuccino (Brown & White) Michelle
Caribbean (Teal & White) Michelle
Pink Sorbet (Bright Pink & White) Michelle

DIVINE TWINE:

Aqua (Light Turquoise & White) Michelle
Green Apple (Lime Green & White) Michelle
Lemon (Light Yellow & White) Michelle
Orange (Light Orange & White) Michelle
Licorice (Black & White) Michelle
Cotton Candy (Light Pink & White) Michelle
Oyster (Grey & White)
Cherry (Red & White) Michelle
Gotcha down, Mish! Thanks!!