Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree230Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #201
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline View Post
Hola Chicas - Of course I want in on the Sisterhood of the Traveling Stamps! I agree with the discussions and "restrictions". I could fill up a refrigerator box with stuff I need to clear out. LOL

Hope you all had a good weekend. Joe & I picked up Christopher Friday evening. He'll be with us for 2 weeks - still no Joey. We went to Calabash (my parents) for the weekend. I had another fitting in Myrtle Beach - the dressmaker "fixed" the botton so it wasn't so poofy at the hips. She also added pleating on the back bodice which was a pleasant surprise - it looks really nice. Next time I go in she should have it almost finished. I'll be sure to post pictures when it's all done.

We stopped for lunch at this yummy deli and Chris ended up getting sick. He complained of a tummy ache and thought he had to poop so I sent him to the restroom. While he was sitting on the toilet he threw up all over the floor (eeewwwww gross!). All the fun at the pool earlier must have got him worked up. Good thing I suggested Joe go check on him instead of me cuz we know how that would've ended up. It doesn't phase Joe - he steps into action. Go Joe!

Fun dunebuggy adventure Lee. I lke the pics.
Feel better Paula.
Hi Mish. Hi Denise. Hi Karo. Hi Pat. Hiya Jean. Hi Paula.
Where's Stacey (again)?
What's up with that?!! If you don't want to talk about it, I understand . . . just wonderin'.

Can't wait to see your dress!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #202
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecoastcrafter View Post
I'm up for Greece any time. Meet me on Santorini at sunset and bring the barrel wine! Hey, are we doing a tour this year? Robyn had something about us doing out hometowns. That was fun last year!
I like that idea!! Hometowns . . . hmmmm . . . wonder which one I'd use! LOL
Old 07-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #203
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

Hometowns would be fun!!! I'll use Colorado Springs though cuz seriously where I live has a population of 300 and not much else!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #204
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Haha, I'd probably use Houston because there's not a lot to talk about in Port Arthur! Janice Joplin was from there and there are lots of refineries. Nothing else comes to mind.
Gallery Blog
Old 07-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #205
Gallery Gazer

I'd like the virtual hometown trip idea. However, maybe we could just do each one as one page post a day with links and a challenge instead of trying to do it everyday for the week like our trip through Europe. I loved that and had a blast, just don't have as much time now (especially seeing as my office is no longer isolated, if you get my drift). I actually have more work too. Phooey.

I would be willing to coordinate the list and dates if y'all are interested. We can pick a two week time period and post a new hometown each day with a challenge. Then, we could have a week to do the challenges. Kind of like a mini, mini VSN. Let's see who's interested and then I'll collect names and hometowns and we'll coordinate dates. Maybe we can start the the last week of July or first week in August.

Who's in?

Karo - no, don't mind talking about Joey. Can't get into too much right now but basically, we haven't seen Joey since Feb. His mother has completely isolated him from Joe for some reason and the situation is totally out of control. He hardly talks to Joe on the phone, all but ignores me, and doesn't acknowledge either one of us when we pick up Christopher or see them at activies, etc. Joe and I are working with an attorney to get the entire custody/visitation thing straighted out because the ex has been in contempt for too long and has been getting away with it. Now, she's keeping Joe from seeing or having contact with Joey. She also doesn't send any clothes with Christopher when he's staying with us. We have clothes/toys for him but it's the fact that she is his mother and doesn't even pack his things. She calls and interferes with our visits. She's a devil b**ch.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #206
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Oh I'm in for the Hometown/challenge idea! I like the shorter version too! I also enjoyed the Europe trip, but I will say things have been crazier lately! LOL

Jacq..........Gigantic HUGS!!!!!!!!!! I sure hope the attorney can force her to comply and come down with some true recompensing consequences!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #207
Hardware Hotshot

Okay, I'm in for the hometown trip. Do you want me to do where I was born (Washington, DC) or where I've lived most of my life (Orlando, FL)? Let me know.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #208
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll do my hometown where I live now.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #209

I'm in for the hometown thing and am very glad it will be shorter. I checked in on y'all's europe tour, and it was very cool, but it was too overwhelming for me at the time to even play along let alone post anything.

Jacq ~ BOO HISS. Glad you are getting an attorney involved although i'm very sorry it's come to that. it makes me sad and angry when adults act worse than my two year old when he hasn't had a nap. WTH.
Gallery Blog
Old 07-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #210
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
I'm in for the hometown thing and am very glad it will be shorter. I checked in on y'all's europe tour, and it was very cool, but it was too overwhelming for me at the time to even play along let alone post anything.

Jacq ~ BOO HISS. Glad you are getting an attorney involved although i'm very sorry it's come to that. it makes me sad and angry when adults act worse than my two year old when he hasn't had a nap. WTH.
I so agree, Paula! Big {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Jacq. That woman has issues and some day she'll have to answer to Joey when he realizes that she was instrumental in destroying his relationship with his dad. You all need to hang in there and continue to push for Joe's rights. Joey will thank you in the end, even though he may not be gung ho to begin with. Poor kid . . . I feel bad for him. And I feel bad for Joe.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #211
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
Oh I'm in for the Hometown/challenge idea! I like the shorter version too! I also enjoyed the Europe trip, but I will say things have been crazier lately! LOL

Jacq..........Gigantic HUGS!!!!!!!!!! I sure hope the attorney can force her to comply and come down with some true recompensing consequences!!!
Look at you and your big words, Lee!! Love it!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #212
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by garkarlon View Post
Look at you and your big words, Lee!! Love it!
It's not often I get to USE big words. I thought with teenagers I might have more brain power than I did when they were babies.....NOT true!!!! LOL......I think I shocked myself!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #213
Gallery Gazer

{{HUGS}} back to you all. Oh my I could tell you some stories. It's just so hard for me to understand how/why someone would manipulate their own child for such selfish reasons. I am not a selfish or vindictive person so it's hard to deal with the likes of her. I don't have any issues with the kids at all - I can see that problems will arise from her interference and undermining Joe & I. We have a meeting Thursday afternoon with the attorney to discuss our next step(s).

Anyhoo - do you want me to coordinate the hometown trips? If so, please send me a PM with your name and your hometown. Include your original hometown and the place you currently live (in case we have duplicates). I'll compile the list and post it back in the thread. When should we start?

Well, off to eat my freezy pop before it melts. Toodles noodles.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #214
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, I want in on the travelling stamps.

Also up for Virtual Home Town. Not much to see where I currently live, but there is some neat history...I can work on that and have a side trip to some great spots close by.

Jacq: I think the ex that uses the kids to get back at each other are trying to justify the situation. I was divorced when my son was 6 and at first my ex made excuses as to why he couldn't take him on his days. Oh, and when he did take him, I wasn't allowed to drop him off or pick him up...he didn't want me seeing where he lived. When my little one would come home, I would ask how things went, did he have a good time, etc. Once when I did that he said...'Mommy, I'm your little spy for daddy, right?' I explained to him that was not true and I would never again ask him about his time with his daddy, but if he wanted to tell me anything, I would listen. I never again asked him. My little guy is now 30 and he understands what his father was trying to do and where I was coming from. All things considered, he turned into a beautiful human being who has helped many others through some dark times and back on the straight and narrow. The Lord blessed me with my little guy. (I'm 5'2" and my little guy is 6')

Lee: You can't use big words now as you had to use little ones for so long that the big ones have disappeared from your vocabulary.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #215
Stazon Splitcoast

Still unemployed and looking. Had an interview with a placement agency today and they thought they might have at least 2 possibilities for me...will have to see once they check me out. They also have some on-line training I can do and will be checking that out tomorrow.

In the meantime, I am still working on getting Microsoft Office Certified. Lots of studying. Have until 8/20 to take the exams.

My sister comes into town on Thursday the 15th and leaves on Saturday the 24th. Mom and both hope we survive. On the 30th & 31st I'll be attending the CHA in Chicago. Can't wait.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #216
Glitter Guru

Robyn, you're in my prayers that a good job comes along very soon.

I so appreciated your story about your divorce and your son. You are a testament to putting your child first and not letting a painful situation such as divorce put that added pressure on him. Kids are so sensitive, and they see what's going on around them. They take on your burdens, if you let them! But they should be allowed to be kids, and not have to take on adult problems. I wonder if Joe's ex realizes the stress she's putting on Joey when she manipulates him like this? Hopefully Joe can see his way clear to setting the example with his kids like you did, Robyn. I truly believe that Joey and Christopher will grow up and realize that their mom damaged their relationship with their dad, just as Robyn's son realized that his dad tried to damage his relationship with her.

Jacq, don't you think that you're too busy with the wedding and work and Joe's kids to take on the responsibility of coordinating the home town tours?! The mother in me wants to say "it's too much". But I also realize it's none of my bee's wax. Guess I should shut my pie hole, especially since I'm not stepping up to do it either. I'm too flakey to do any coordinating - but I promise I'll follow through on my home town this time!! I promise!!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #217
Stazon Splitcoast

So much to catch up on! Jacq, (((HUGS)) re: the Joey situation. I can't imagine how hard that must be on Joe, and on Christopher, too.
Robyn, crossing my fingers for you on the job front. Also, have a blast at CHA! Be sure to take advantage of all the fun freebies, make-n-takes and giveaways! Also, check out the classes and workshops - some of them are free and they give stuff away there, too.
I'm in for the hometown thing, and I love the idea of one day instead of a week. Last year was fun but it was also some work!
The traveling stamps are on their way to me! Woohoo. I got an email confirmation, thanks Jean.
Long day for me. I had insomnia last night so I stumbled around all day on about 3 hours of sleep. And I had to do my job plus someone else's because of a vacation. So fun - not! But Monday's done and that's one day closer to the weekend!
Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Old 07-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #218
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Robyn............HUGS!!! You're a wonderful example of a mama bear protecting her cub but also letting him learn some things on his own!!! Hoping you get some great job offers soon!!! Have fun at CHA!!! Lots of Gina K. peeps will be there and Gina and her family too.......I wish I could go!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 05:48 PM   #219
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all. Today I have a public service announcement for anyone who likes free stuff. I'm feeling lucky again, since I won yet another blog contest over the weekend, this one from Inky Antics. Maybe my luck will rub off on one of you???
First, if you're not entering the Spellbinders contests for their new dies, you definitely should. If you enter each one (I think there are two a day for a week) you'll be entered for the grand prize, which I believe is the entire set of new dies. Some of them are really cool. Info here: http://spellbinderspaperarts.com/blog/
Second, American Crafts is giving away collections that will be introduced at CHA. They are really cute. Be sure to scroll down to yesterday's as well as today's. http://americancrafts.typepad.com/
Third, if you don't follow PTI, this is their release week, and they are giving away new sets and dies each day. http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/
I love the new book stamps and bookmark dies, but sadly, did not win that one. In fact, PTI is one place I've never won anything, despite my best efforts!
Good luck everyone!

--Henri Matisse
Old 07-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliotstamps View Post
Hi all. Today I have a public service announcement for anyone who likes free stuff. I'm feeling lucky again, since I won yet another blog contest over the weekend, this one from Inky Antics. Maybe my luck will rub off on one of you???
First, if you're not entering the Spellbinders contests for their new dies, you definitely should. If you enter each one (I think there are two a day for a week) you'll be entered for the grand prize, which I believe is the entire set of new dies. Some of them are really cool. Info here: http://spellbinderspaperarts.com/blog/
Second, American Crafts is giving away collections that will be introduced at CHA. They are really cute. Be sure to scroll down to yesterday's as well as today's. http://americancrafts.typepad.com/
Third, if you don't follow PTI, this is their release week, and they are giving away new sets and dies each day. http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/
I love the new book stamps and bookmark dies, but sadly, did not win that one. In fact, PTI is one place I've never won anything, despite my best efforts! Good luck everyone!
Ditto!!!!

Just entered Spellbinders. Thanks for the reminder.
Gallery Blog
Old 07-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #221
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via MSN to pcm2004 Send a message via Yahoo to pcm2004

Thanks Michelle - checked them all out - entered the Spellbinders - that one would be cool. I really like the ornament dies - those are really cool.

Have you been to the SPA lately? Come see what I have been creating over at the Paper Spa
I Make cards for Operation Write Home
Visit myStampin' Up Website - where you will find all the latest greatest from Stampin' Up. The new catalog is GORGEOUS with alot of new fun stuff - and you can get it for free. Contact me for details.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #222
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via MSN to pcm2004 Send a message via Yahoo to pcm2004

Ok, I had to go back and catch up a little with what is going on with everyone here. Ahh, children and visits - we have been there - and I am probably the evil mother as we are now in California, so the kids haven't seen their dad in over 2 years since we can't afford to send them up to Washington to see him - of course, it might help if he paid the full child support on time! Oh well - there is always two sides of a story.
I am in for the hometown tour - I was born and raised in 'Trigger' Town - Home of Dale Evans and Roy Rogers - it wasn't really called Trigger Town! Heehee - Anyway, let me know who is in charge of the tour and I will send the correct info.

Have you been to the SPA lately? Come see what I have been creating over at the Paper Spa
I Make cards for Operation Write Home
Visit myStampin' Up Website - where you will find all the latest greatest from Stampin' Up. The new catalog is GORGEOUS with alot of new fun stuff - and you can get it for free. Contact me for details.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:27 AM   #223
Gallery Gazer

This has got to be one of the funniest things I've come across in a long time...I have to leave my office because I can't stop laughing (and people will think I'm weird). Enjoy (and let me know if you found it as hilarious as I did). LOST CAT
Old 07-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #224
Stazon Splitcoast

that is hilarious, Jacq! Thanks for the giggle!

The traveling stamps have made their first stop. I had no trouble finding a few to try out and even more to add to the box. I probably won't get to the post office until Friday, but the stamps will definitely be traveling again before the week is out!

--Henri Matisse
Old 07-14-2010, 07:47 PM   #225
Glitter Guru

Hi Peeps!

I hope someone is still around to help me. I haven't slept much the last two nights because there's a critter in my house. I found him Monday night - thought he might be a scorpion. So I didn't sleep. Tonight, he reappeared, and I don't think he's a scorpion any more, but I'm not really sure what he is. I'm attaching a picture. Can you all tell me what it is? He's under a glass right now, and that's where he's going to stay until Friday, when Orkin comes. I'm going to make him PAY for my two nights of lost sleep!! Besides, I don't know if he's poisonous. Do you all know?
Attached Thumbnails
what-heck.jpg  
Old 07-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #226
Stazon Splitcoast

Yucko, Karolyn! That thing is creepy! No wonder you weren't able to sleep. I have no idea what it is, though. It doesn't look like scorpion to me, but it could be something from that family.

--Henri Matisse
Old 07-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #227
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliotstamps View Post
Yucko, Karolyn! That thing is creepy! No wonder you weren't able to sleep. I have no idea what it is, though. It doesn't look like scorpion to me, but it could be something from that family.
I know, right?!! I looked him up online, and I think he's a gecko. I don't think they're poisonous. But just the same, he's staying under that glass until Orkin gets here on Friday morning. At least I can sleep tonight. Thanks, Mish!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #228

We get them all the time Karolyn! Unlike evil bugs or scorpions I highly doubt he would climb on you. hope you sleep tonight!
Gallery Blog
Old 07-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #229
Glitter Guru

Quote:
We get them all the time Karolyn! Unlike evil bugs or scorpions I highly doubt he would climb on you. hope you sleep tonight!
We had them all the time when we lived in Florida, too. But I've never had them in my house down here in AZ. Ugh! I'm a little worried that he's a baby and that there are more somewhere else in the house. Orkin can't get here fast enough. In the meantime, I'm leaving him under that glass. Is that mean? I'm here by myself, so I'm not about to pick him up and put him outside. YUCK!!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #230
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Hubby says to tell you that geckos eat bugs and/or make good appetizers themselves! (men! ) While I don't mind lizards, I'd still have hubby or son take him outside and I'm with you on not wanting him scurrying over me in my sleep!!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:21 AM   #231
Hardware Hotshot

I'm so sorry that an outside critter has gotten into your house, Karolyn. It happens all the time here in FL, at home, at school -- everywhere. Sometimes I can catch them under a glass like you did. Then I slide a piece of cardstock under the glass and take the whole thing outside and let the critter go. Sometimes I can't catch them and eventually find them dead in the house. I have never had one jump on me or even come near me, if that makes you feel any better. I think he just came in by accident -- maybe to seek refuge from the heat or rain -- and now he is just looking for something to eat. Hopefully someone will arrive and help you get him back to his own habitat soon.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:01 AM   #232
Stazon Splitcoast

I L'dMAO on facebook and I'm continuing it here. It's a lizard for sure--looks like a baby cayman to me! You better hope mama isn't around if it is--only kidding, Karo. He was probably more scared of you than vice versa. You were smart to move out of Florida, girl. I chased a scorpion out from under the dryer last week. I can be a big girl as long as spiders are not involved. SPIDER=Wussy Jean. Most lizards are not poisonous. Let us know what Orkin said!

Glad you got the box and found a few things, Mish.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:03 AM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecoastcrafter View Post
I L'dMAO on facebook and I'm continuing it here. It's a lizard for sure--looks like a baby cayman to me! You better hope mama isn't around if it is--only kidding, Karo. He was probably more scared of you than vice versa. You were smart to move out of Florida, girl. I chased a scorpion out from under the dryer last week. I can be a big girl as long as spiders are not involved. SPIDER=Wussy Jean. Most lizards are not poisonous. Let us know what Orkin said!

Glad you got the box and found a few things, Mish.
I'm down with spiders as long as they aren't ginormous. Roaches are my nemesis. I will run screaming from the room when they are involved.
Gallery Blog
Old 07-15-2010, 08:23 AM   #234
Gallery Gazer

Awww, he's cute Karo! You can't keep him in there until Friday (unless you feed him and give him water). It just looks like a cute harmless little lizard to me.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #235
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
I'm down with spiders as long as they aren't ginormous. Roaches are my nemesis. I will run screaming from the room when they are involved.
Me too. Now that I live by myself it's really scary. I'm screaming still, but I have to chase them down. Sometimes I spray them so much that I think they die of drowning. LOL
Old 07-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by casep View Post
Me too. Now that I live by myself it's really scary. I'm screaming still, but I have to chase them down. Sometimes I spray them so much that I think they die of drowning. LOL
Totally feel ya! Even though I don't live by myself, i never see them when someone is around to help! We haven't had any since we moved. It's the only good thing about not having big trees!
Gallery Blog
Old 07-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #237
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Ok...........seriously I can take lizards, snakes, mice, spiders to some extent.........BUT..........

crickets??????????? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When we were first married we lived in a mountain basement apartment and these slimy brown crickets would just jump all over me at night when I'd walk to the bathroom! That scarred me for life! LOL
Old 07-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #238
Stazon Splitcoast

I had a mouse in the house for awhile that I could hear but not see or catch. That was horrible. I also hate ants - little devils find their way into everything.
Now, on to a more pleasant subject. After hitting a high of about 105 degrees today, we're having a crazy and unusual thunderstorm with lighting, thunder and even rain! I like crazy weather so I've been having fun watching it storm!

--Henri Matisse
Old 07-16-2010, 03:55 AM   #239
Stazon Splitcoast

I hear ya, Mish. If we don't move on from the critters, Karo may never sleep again!

Old 07-16-2010, 04:04 AM   #240
Hardware Hotshot

In Florida, in the summer, big thunderstorms are a daily event. Hot day = big thorm. (one of our weather people calls a thunderstorm a thorm)