Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree280Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #801
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks everyone for the prayers and warm thoughts. Memorial Service today for my brother's MIL was very nice. After the service there was a dedication of trees that had been planted by the familes in honor of her late husband and first wife and Norma. It was very nice. Not only was my brother's children and the older great-grandchildren there, but the children and grandchildren and some great-grandchildren of her late husband. (This was a 2nd wedding for both). Norma's ex-husband's third wife was also there. It was so nice to see the blended family getting along so well.

Yeh! Stamps stop at Diane and Gia and then they head my way. I've enjoyed hearing about each stop and now I'm getting excited to see what comes my way. I'll have to start deciding what ones I'm putting into the box for it's final stop.

Pat: I don't think the old Postal saying works anymore. I know if the snow is bad, they don't deliver. I think the best one was when I found a note in my mailbox but no mail. The note was handwritten and said that they couldn't deliver the mail because the mailbox was blocked by vehicles. D'uh...if they could put the note in the box, why couldn't they have put the mail in there also?

Take care everyone and better tomorrows.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:03 AM   #802
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the chuckle on the post office people! Used to be you had to pass a pretty hard test to be a postal worker.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #803
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Karo and Robyn, you are both in my prayers, hoping things get better for both of your families!

Pat, seriously? No way would that excuse fly around here!

PS I just got the Box of stamps! Yikes it is heavy! When Gia gets home later I'll let her pick some things but I gotta tell ya, I am so into unmounted, I was gonna add in a bunch of mounted stuff I have....but I can't fit anything in! Even if Gia and I take out some things, I won't be able to add much at all. What else can we do?
Old 09-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #804
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqbarbie View Post
Karo and Robyn, you are both in my prayers, hoping things get better for both of your families!

PS I just got the Box of stamps! Yikes it is heavy! When Gia gets home later I'll let her pick some things but I gotta tell ya, I am so into unmounted, I was gonna add in a bunch of mounted stuff I have....but I can't fit anything in! Even if Gia and I take out some things, I won't be able to add much at all. What else can we do?
I know!! That's why Pat and I had to bump up to the bigger box. I don't have an answer as to what to do about it, though. I'm easy, so whatever you all want to do is fine with me. Executive Decision Maker Jean?
Old 09-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #805
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Dee, take out anything you don't think Robyn or I would want and donate it to a school or church or something. Get that puppy back down to the 10.50 size in a hurry! I say pull what you want, pull what Gia wants and then pare down, please.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #806
Stazon Splitcoast

this seems like a silly question to ask given the overflowing box of no-longer-used stamps we're passing around, but here goes:
I need some new suggestions for good online stamp/scrap stores. I'm looking for something that keeps up more on trends, maybe that carries Echo Park paper (my current fave) but also has a good variety of stamps, embellishments and other papers. My favorite online shops have kind of gone in directions that aren't my style, ie. lots of Graphic 45, vintage-y, lacey, distressed stuff. And I am in the mood for clean and bright styles, and maybe some companies new to me. Does anybody have any favorite stores they like? I've shopped at a few, but I feel like there must be something else out there that I'm missing!

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Old 09-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #807
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliotstamps View Post
this seems like a silly question to ask given the overflowing box of no-longer-used stamps we're passing around, but here goes:
I need some new suggestions for good online stamp/scrap stores. I'm looking for something that keeps up more on trends, maybe that carries Echo Park paper (my current fave) but also has a good variety of stamps, embellishments and other papers. My favorite online shops have kind of gone in directions that aren't my style, ie. lots of Graphic 45, vintage-y, lacey, distressed stuff. And I am in the mood for clean and bright styles, and maybe some companies new to me. Does anybody have any favorite stores they like? I've shopped at a few, but I feel like there must be something else out there that I'm missing!
Two of my current faves are Two Peas In A Bucket (if you subscribe to their newsletter, they'll give you a free shipping code every month - if you want to try today, I can give you the code) and Scrapbook.com: Supplies and Scrapbooking Ideas. Both carry all of the items that you're talking about, great service, stay very current with the trends and have tons of variety.

Hope this helps, Mish!
Old 09-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #808
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecoastcrafter View Post
Dee, take out anything you don't think Robyn or I would want and donate it to a school or church or something. Get that puppy back down to the 10.50 size in a hurry! I say pull what you want, pull what Gia wants and then pare down, please.
Good call, Jean!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #809

ok Gia and I took out some things to keep....couldn't take too much cause we have to start packing! I took all the wood mounted stamps and I am donating them to Gia's Girl Scout Troop...they make cards to donate to nursing homes and hospitals a few times a year and it would be better for them not to use my stuff like they did last time! Wood mounted is easier for them too...hope you guys are cool with that!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #810

PS Gia's favorite was the set with the peace signs on it...LOL so thanks to whomever donated that!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #811
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

Aww....how cute is she!!! And absolutely!! Fabulous idea to donate them to the troop!!!

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #812
Glitter Guru

Quote:
PS Gia's favorite was the set with the peace signs on it...LOL so thanks to whomever donated that!
GREAT!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #813
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
Aww....how cute is she!!! And absolutely!! Fabulous idea to donate them to the troop!!!
Lee, have you had any "happy emails" today? PC is sending them out today, so you should hear soon if you're going to. You can check the status of the emails on Facebook if you care. Crossing my fingers, toes, legs and arms!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #814
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

I was just coming to see if anyone here got happy emails. Not me this time. Oh well. I learn a lot each submission. Karolyn, any tips on submitting to Cards? How do you do your emails?

Gallery Blog

Not so patiently waiting for Doctor Who.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #815
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I added that one in! I thought she might like it - so glad that she did!
Old 09-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #816
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
I was just coming to see if anyone here got happy emails. Not me this time. Oh well. I learn a lot each submission. Karolyn, any tips on submitting to Cards? How do you do your emails?
What's your email address? I'll forward a sample email to you so you can see how I do it. I submit to specific calls - I rarely send something that doesn't address one of their specific requests. I re-review the copies of the mag that I have just to remind myself of the types of cards that they pick up. And then I just create! Do you have the link for the next call - I think it's March 2011? Let me know! I also do the CARDS weekly challenges on their blog. That helps me to remember what they like and don't like. Let me know if you want the link to that, too.

PS - sorry that there wasn't any happy email for you. There are times when I think Paper Crafts is looking for something that's so elusive. One of these days I'll figure it out.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #817

Thanks Karolyn! I sent you my email. i do have the link. I need to print them out and tack them up in my craft room. I don't have any of their magazines because they are so darn expensive and I never could find the one you were in which I would have bought for that. I saw that you can subscribe to all their online mags for $10 though so i'm thinking about doing that. I don't really like the idea of sitting on the computer MORE than I already do, but oh well. Can I have the weekly challenge link, though? That sounds fun even if i don't submit to them!

I need to email Cardmaker for a new editorial calendar, too. I hate that they don't just post the calls online.

Gallery Blog

Old 09-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #818

Oh, and it's cool! 858 submissions for 71 slots. Not good odds! Plus, I saw I was in pretty good company on not getting anything in this time. Lots of people i like and look up to. I'm cool.

Gallery Blog

Old 09-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #819
Stazon Splitcoast

yeah, I didn't get in, either! But the odds are so low, I'm not surprised. I'll see if the next call inspires me!
Thanks for the suggestions, Karolyn and Jean. I actually get the Two Peas newsletter, so maybe I will start filling a shopping cart over there and see what I think! I guess I am just feeling a little uninspired right now, and shopping usually does the trick. I'm hitting up a new scrapbook store in San Diego and a scrapbook convention next month when my mom comes to visit, so that should provide a little more "inspiration" too!
I had the day off today because I have to work Saturday. I have gotten next to nothing accomplished, but I guess that's OK, since technically it is my "weekend!"

--Henri Matisse
Old 09-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #820
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Karo can you email that my way too?? I need all the help I can get! No happy mail for me or 2 other fellow GKD DT members either. But I seriously do want to be published, so I won't give up!!

Stamp TV!
Old 09-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #821

no happy mail here either....I sent in ALOT this time too.....
Old 09-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #822

if you guys get a chance can you vote for my card here:

Card of the Week

It's the black and white one with the apple....thanks!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #823
Glitter Guru

I think it's a great idea to donate the stamps to the girl scout troop!

Happy Friday tomorrow to everyone!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:14 PM   #824
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
Karo can you email that my way too?? I need all the help I can get! No happy mail for me or 2 other fellow GKD DT members either. But I seriously do want to be published, so I won't give up!!
Here ya go, sweets!

http://northridgemedia.net/blogs/create/

You're looking for the CARDS Challenge Gallery and New Challenge posts. Northridge Publishing has combined all of their pub blogs into one blog. New challenges are posted every Thursday afternoon, and submissions for the challenges are due by 7:00 a.m. PST the following Thursday morning.

The link for the next few CARDS calls is here: Scrapbook Trends Magazine

The Challenge gallery will give you an idea of the kinds of cards that they like. Also, the CREATE blogs shares sneak peeks of each month's mag, so you can also see there what they like.

Hope this helps!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #825
Glitter Guru

Quote:
if you guys get a chance can you vote for my card here:

Card of the Week

It's the black and white one with the apple....thanks!
I did yesterday, Denise. Jean told me about it. Super cute, my friend!! I hope you win!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:15 AM   #826

Hey Lee! One of the Cards calls is for cards finished on the inside and out! You GinaK girls rock that!

It's payday and I have a zillion errands to run with the chillins today. Fun stuff.

Awesome paper prizes on the Moxie fab blog hop today. I've never won anything from them but there's always a first time, right?

ok, gotta get going or we won't have anything to eat today and since tomorrow is Yom Kippur that would be very, very bad!

Gallery Blog

Old 09-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #827
Glitter Guru

Hello everyone! I'm just back from celebrating! After a long and arduous ordeal, we closed on our house today! Soon my mother (who is 87), my brother (who is handicapped) and I will be living together in a new home.
Attached Thumbnails
front.jpg  
Old 09-17-2010, 06:26 PM   #828
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Oh wow Pat!!!! That is truly lovely!!!! I hope your move goes as smoothly as possible!!!

Stamp TV!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #829
Stazon Splitcoast

Congrats Pat! When will you move? Is the new house in the same town/neighborhood where you live now? And most importantly, is there enough space for a stamp room?

--Henri Matisse
Old 09-18-2010, 04:40 AM   #830
Glitter Guru

The house is on the other side of town near my school and near my sister's house. Fortunately, my house is paid for so I don't have a deadline for moving. I will move boxes daily and then what furniture I'm taking and the rest of the stuff. Yes! There is a room for a craft room (it was a requisite) but I am going to take out the carpeting in there and put in a laminate floor before I start setting it up.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:17 AM   #831
Gallery Gazer

Congrats Pat! Love the new house. Good luck with your move. Be sure we all get your new address!

Hi everyone. Been busy lately. I was in PIO training this week so I was out of the office and Joe and I had some running around to do. I went to Koh;'s and got some additional wedding gifts (we received some gift cards). My mom & Sammy are coming over this afternoon to go shopping (mom, not Sammy) then we're going to make fajitas and margarita's for dinner. My dad is in NJ on business.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Old 09-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #832
Stazon Splitcoast

It's nice you can take your time moving, Pat! What will you do with your current house? (Yes, I am full of nosy questions! This is why I'm a reporter!)
Sounds like a busy weekend, Jacq. Wish I could come for dinner and margaritas!
I have to work tonight - yuck! Please hope there is no mayhem around town while I'm on duty!
Have a great last official weekend of summer, everyone!

--Henri Matisse
Old 09-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #833
Glitter Guru

That's okay, Michelle, I don't mind the questions. I am going to try to sell my house after I move out. The market here seems to be picking up a little.

My mom and I were over at the new house most of the day. My sister and niece came over for a "tour." They only live 5 minutes away from the new house. Mom put paper in the kitchen cabinets and drawers and I wiped the woodwork with lemon oil. It's stained wood and needed a little pick-me-up. It looks good all shiny. I ran out of steam after a couple rooms. I will probably go back for a little while tomorrow to do some more.

This morning I bought us a house-warming present. Kohl's had the big Keurig coffee brewer on sale and I had a 30% off coupon! Woo-hoo! I got it for almost $100 less than the actual price! Don't you love a bargain?
Old 09-18-2010, 01:02 PM   #834
Glitter Guru

I'd like to come for dinner and margaritas too, Jacq. I'll have to make do with my leftovers from P.F. Changs.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:04 PM   #835
Stazon Splitcoast

Pat: Congrats on the new house. Take your time and set things up right the first time.
Nice that your Mom can help with some of the cleaning/set-up in the new house.

Denise/Gia: Great idea to donate the stamps to the scout troop. Post some pics of cards made with the stamps. I'll be excited to look through whatever comes my way.

Everyone: Thanks for all the great thoughts and prayers. Things seem to be settling down and Mom and I are doing much better. She is amazed at how great my virtual friends are. You ladies rock.

Just finished watching watching the 3 Back to the Future movies on TV. Catching up on here and then off to get some zzzzzzzzzzzz.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #836

Quote:
Originally Posted by casep View Post
Hello everyone! I'm just back from celebrating! After a long and arduous ordeal, we closed on our house today! Soon my mother (who is 87), my brother (who is handicapped) and I will be living together in a new home.
Fabulous Pat! Congrats! Are you still in the same area?
Old 09-19-2010, 07:34 AM   #837

Jacq and Mish, you guys sound busy! Have a great weekend though!

Robyn, I watched the trio last week! LOL
Old 09-19-2010, 08:32 AM   #838

Hi Everyone!
I wander in here about once a month to catch up on what you all have been up to and glean any new ideas/trends from you fabulous ladies!
I have not submitted cards for publication calls but it is on my bucket list. Thanks for sharing the info you know. One question I have....When the call says the card could not been previously published, does a blog post or posting on SCS count as being "previously published"?
I also wanted to give you a heads up that the next VSN is in November (which I am co-hosting) and would love to have any of you respond to the hostess call out that is taking place now. It would be great to see some of your smiling faces and wonderful talent at VSN!!

Old 09-19-2010, 09:01 AM   #839
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Peggy! You're welcome to stop in anytime. I believe when the card calls specify that the card hasn't been published, they mean anywhere online -SCS, blogs, etc. They want all new stuff no one has seen before! Hope that helps! And good luck with your submissions! Thanks for the info on VSN. I will have to check out the forum.

--Henri Matisse
Old 09-19-2010, 11:11 AM   #840
Glitter Guru

Thanks, Peggy! I was just wondering when the next VSN would be. I'll go check it out!