Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree280Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #721
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecoastcrafter View Post
Robyn, since I'm the recipient after you. When you get the box, feel absolutely no worry about cleaning that box out before you send it on to me. Don't worry about even trades, etc. If you see something you want or know somebody who could use it--remove it. That should help you get postage down to the $10.40 or lower!!!! So I'm answering for Robyn, SHIP the thing, Karo!
Got it! Thanks for making the executive decisions for us all, Jean. I love a woman that knows how to take charge!! LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #722
Gallery Gazer

YAY for your daughter Karolyn. I bet it's a big relief to both of you. Is this the same daughter that was on Wheel of Fortune? (that was your daughter, right?) I so want to go on that show. I get the puzzles right all the time and get so mad at the contestants when there are only a few letters missing and they still can't figure it out. Ugh!

I don't think anyone will object to getting more stamps. I'm slowly building my Magnolia collection. I just need to start using them more! They're addicting...even if they have no faces. LOL Joe thinks they're weird because the "people don't have lips or noses" (wouldn't most people say they have no mouth?) but he likes the cards I make. They're so cute and fun to color.

We're going to mom & dad's tomorrow and we're off Monday so we'll have a nice long weekend. I've finished the wedding announcements and am ready to send them out and I've got a few thank you notes to finish up this weekend. Then, I can scratch that task off my list and start coloring and making cards. I've got some new stamps that haven't even seen ink yet (*gasp*). Maybe I'll pull out the MS scoring board and try that out too seeing as it's been sitting on the desk for months now and I haven't even used it yet.

Well, we're off to get din-din. Later peeps!
Old 09-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #723
Die Cut Diva

Congrats to your daughter Karo!

Thanks for the Scoring tools device advice everyone. I think I will pick up a MS one next time I get a coupon.

We went school shopping today. AJ said he doesn't need much yet since we don't have official lists from his teachers so we got a big binder, student planner, paper, dividers, the basics. Well, we are at home putting everything in his binder and I say"go get your zip drive and stick it in here". That's when I found out that his zip drive is broken! I guess last spring some kid took it out of the computer before he could finish saving and now it won't work. Well, would of been nice if you had mentioned something while we were in the store!

Other than that, I think we are all ready for school to start!

Old 09-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #724
Stazon Splitcoast

yay for your daughter, Karolyn! Sorry you had a rough week, if I recall your BFF moved away this week, right? (((HUGS))) My only advice is make plans to visit, so you have something to look forward to and know exactly when you'll get to see each other again.

Way to go making decisions, Jean!

Stacey, I have a MS score board on my to buy list, too. The last few times I've had good coupons, they've either been out or I had something more important on my list.

Forgot to mention yesterday - I didn't make the cut for Stamp It's card call. Not really surprising since they only accepted about 10 percent of what got submitted! I'll keep trying, though.

And finally, Happy Labor Day weekend! I think I'll celebrate with as little labor as possible - hahaha!

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Old 09-03-2010, 06:33 PM   #725
Glitter Guru

Today I explained to my class that we are off Monday to celebrate Labor Day. Then I explained that labor means work. Then we all looked a little puzzled about the fact that we don't have to work on Labor Day. Seems like it should be called No Labor Day or something.

I'm off to visit Jean in the morning!!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #726
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

Just got back home!!!!! Sorry I missed so much!!!!

Karo....soooo happy for your daughter!!!!

Glad all our Easterners are safe so far!!!!

HUGS to everyone!!!! I should be around most of the weekend so I'll pop in and out while hopefully doing some stampin'!!

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #727
Stazon Splitcoast

Karo: Congrats to your daughter. I'll keep her in my prayers that everything from here on goes smooth.

Travelling stamps: I have no problem with whatever prive the box is to send.

Mish: Sorry about the Stamp It's card call. Better luck with further entries.

Catching up on emails and chat threads. Will pop in and out all weekend. Also need to do some stamping. I have several projects that need to get done this weekend and in the mail.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #728
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lou's View Post
I've been wanting a Scor-Pal, but $30 seems like a lot. Now I see they have a smaller size. Do any of you who have the Scor-Pal actually use the full size? The smaller one is 9x71/2
I have them both and i {heart} them alot. My MIL got the MS one and I {heart} it just as much! I use mine every time I make a card...I guess that's a lot!
Old 09-04-2010, 05:41 PM   #729

Oh, the devastation Earl left for us here in NY....I think FEMA is gonna have to step in....I hope my home owner's insurance covers the damage in my yard....

*see picture below....(hold in the tears)
Attached Thumbnails
img_7403.jpg  
Old 09-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #730

so anyway....you guys being my dearest friends here on SCS know what a crappy week this is for me but.....a few happy things coming...

- first day of school (and only day for the week) is Wednesday
- Joe will hear from the pension board on Wednesday if he is definitely retired or not
- we have Yankee tickets on Tuesday night

not too bad!

Say a prayer for Joe on Wednesday....I'll let you know what happens...
Old 09-04-2010, 07:32 PM   #731
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliotstamps View Post
yay for your daughter, Karolyn! Sorry you had a rough week, if I recall your BFF moved away this week, right? (((HUGS))) My only advice is make plans to visit, so you have something to look forward to and know exactly when you'll get to see each other again.

Way to go making decisions, Jean!

Stacey, I have a MS score board on my to buy list, too. The last few times I've had good coupons, they've either been out or I had something more important on my list.

Forgot to mention yesterday - I didn't make the cut for Stamp It's card call. Not really surprising since they only accepted about 10 percent of what got submitted! I'll keep trying, though.

And finally, Happy Labor Day weekend! I think I'll celebrate with as little labor as possible - hahaha!
Thanks for all the hugs and prayers, ladies. You all know just how to take me right out of that slump.

Yes, Mish, my BFF moved to New Orleans. I've been moping around the house all week feeling sorry for myself. Finally did a little retail therapy today, and feel much better. What's funny is that I leave her every fall for AZ, but somehow in my mind it was never the same because I always knew I'd be home. And she'd visit AZ often to get away from rainy WA. You're right about making plans to visit - I think once we have some in place, we'll both know that it wasn't goodbye but just "see you later."

Mish, I was also a no go on the Stamp It! call. But I only ended up submitting one project. I had two others, but threw them in the trash as I reworked and reworked them to death. Should have submitted the pile of destroyed cardstock that was left over from my attempts at making something worthy of submission. I did, however, submit six projects to the CARDS call a couple of days later, and hope to hear early next week if any of them get picked up. I really need to get back to playing challenges - now that's fun stuff!

The Traveling Stamps are on their way to Orlando, FL! I was in such a dither to get them to the post office yesterday that I forgot to put the postage label on the box before I put it through the package shoot (I used the self-serve kiosk). LOL I had to ask the postal worker at the counter to find the box and put the postage label on it. Duh!! Oh, and you're only supposed to place packages in the shoot that weigh less than 13 oz. Yeah, pretty sure that baby was WAY more than 13 oz. Luckily I'm in there often enough for the postal worker to know I'm not a terrorist. LOL

I think I'll head upstairs to clean up my craft room from my hurricane submission mess. So glad that Earl missed all you girlies and that everyone is safe and sound. Have a great rest of the weekend!

Last edited by garkarlon; 09-04-2010 at 07:46 PM..
Old 09-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #732
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline View Post
YAY for your daughter Karolyn. I bet it's a big relief to both of you. Is this the same daughter that was on Wheel of Fortune? (that was your daughter, right?) I so want to go on that show. I get the puzzles right all the time and get so mad at the contestants when there are only a few letters missing and they still can't figure it out. Ugh!

I don't think anyone will object to getting more stamps. I'm slowly building my Magnolia collection. I just need to start using them more! They're addicting...even if they have no faces. LOL Joe thinks they're weird because the "people don't have lips or noses" (wouldn't most people say they have no mouth?) but he likes the cards I make. They're so cute and fun to color.

We're going to mom & dad's tomorrow and we're off Monday so we'll have a nice long weekend. I've finished the wedding announcements and am ready to send them out and I've got a few thank you notes to finish up this weekend. Then, I can scratch that task off my list and start coloring and making cards. I've got some new stamps that haven't even seen ink yet (*gasp*). Maybe I'll pull out the MS scoring board and try that out too seeing as it's been sitting on the desk for months now and I haven't even used it yet.

Well, we're off to get din-din. Later peeps!
It was my daughter that was on Wheel of Fortune, but it's my other daughter, Amy, that got the student teaching placement. She'll be teaching 7th grade language arts and social studies. I guess it doesn't matter that she doesn't have a social studies endorsement. Huh, go figure. Just glad she'll finally get to finish her certification. Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts on that front. Soooo relieved and thankful!
Old 09-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #733
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqbarbie View Post
Oh, the devastation Earl left for us here in NY....I think FEMA is gonna have to step in....I hope my home owner's insurance covers the damage in my yard....

*see picture below....(hold in the tears)
LMBO!! Thank you for always making me laugh, Denise! You are a stitch!
Old 09-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #734
Glitter Guru

Quote:
so anyway....you guys being my dearest friends here on SCS know what a crappy week this is for me but.....a few happy things coming...

- Joe will hear from the pension board on Wednesday if he is definitely retired or not

not too bad!

Will definitely keep you and Joe in my prayers this week, Denise. Have fun at the Yankees game - who are they playing?
Old 09-05-2010, 12:58 AM   #735
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Quote:

not too bad!

From all of us!!!!!!

Stamp TV!
Old 09-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #736
Stazon Splitcoast

Denise: Glad Earl was not as bad as it could have been and everyone is safe. Better to be prepared for the worst and not have it happen than not be prepared. Prayers and HUGS your way for everything and especially Wednesday.

Hope everyone gets some time this weekend for a little stamping therapy. Hugs to everyone.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #737
Stazon Splitcoast

(((HUGS))) Denise! I'll be thinking about you this week. And I have my fingers crossed for Joe!
Karolyn, good luck with the next submissions! I sent in two cards for the PaperCrafts call, but now I am taking a break for a bit!

Hi Robyn! Hi Lee!
I slept in this a.m., it felt good. I haven't gotten much accomplished this weekend but I did do some stamping last night.

--Henri Matisse
Old 09-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #738
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Stamp TV!
Old 09-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #739
Glitter Guru

Happy Labor Day, everyone! I'm back from Jean's. I worked her little fingers to the bone helping me make cards. She helped me cut and score the pop-up birthday cards for the kids in my class. And she cut out of tons of stars for my Excellence bulletin board. She was just a big help! And of course I enjoyed her company, her pool and her fabulous cooking for the long weekend. It was a delightful visit. Back to school tomorrow.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #740
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by casep View Post
Happy Labor Day, everyone! I'm back from Jean's. I worked her little fingers to the bone helping me make cards. She helped me cut and score the pop-up birthday cards for the kids in my class. And she cut out of tons of stars for my Excellence bulletin board. She was just a big help! And of course I enjoyed her company, her pool and her fabulous cooking for the long weekend. It was a delightful visit. Back to school tomorrow.
Shhhhhhhh! They'll all want to come!

Old 09-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #741
Die Cut Diva

Happy Labor Day!

Pat, I'm glad you had a good time at Jeans and that she is such a good friend to help you with your classroom needs.

Yesterday we went to Wallace - it's a little mining town close to the Idaho/Montana border. We took a silver mine tour and hiked the Pulaski trail. My step mom and I pooped out about halfway up the trail, so we turned back while Tony and Dad took the kids to the end of the trail. If any of you know your forest fire fighting facts Ed Pulaski was the person who invented the tool that is half ax, half hoe. Pulaksi Tool I didn't know he was from North Idaho until yesterday!

It's back to work for me tomorrow, and back to school for the kids. Not looking forward to the homework fights - especially with AJ - school, XC practice till about 5 each night then he has to still shower, eat and get his homework done before 9! He's going to have a busy first month or two of school!

Old 09-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #742

Quote:
awww, Jean is da bomb! When can I reserve my weekend at this fabby craft retreat?
Old 09-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #743

I'm here guys....but my back isn't. It's out again. And so bad I'm flat in bed (can't even get anyone to roll me around in a computer chair cause I can't sit!) I think it's stress....that and the giant bags of clothes and toys I hauled out of the house to donate to Good Will.....and the floors I scrubbed yesterday.....and the 55 pound child I lifted and carried out of the movie theater to the car yesterday.....{sigh}

I think it's the 7 herniated disks.....
Old 09-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #744
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
awww, Jean is da bomb! When can I reserve my weekend at this fabby craft retreat?
I'd like a reservation there, too!

Sounds like a great weekend, Pat.

D, (((HUGS))) - though gentle ones. Sorry to hear your back is hurting so badly, especially this week.

Hope you all had a nice Labor Day. I didn't labor much - I did upload a few cards and plan to do a little more crafting after dinner. It's back to the grind tomorrow!

--Henri Matisse
Old 09-07-2010, 03:31 AM   #745
Stazon Splitcoast

I've made your reservations Dee and Mish. I've got a roll around lounge--will that work, Dee. It's stress and overwork--rest your back, feel better.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #746
Glitter Guru

So sorry to hear your back is out again, Dee. Rest and feel better soon.

I got the box of traveling stamps today! Boy is it HEAVY! I found some treasures inside and am deciding what stamps to add. Fun, fun, fun!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #747
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

HUGS Denise!!!!!

Jean and Pat.........I'm wishing I could be there too!!! But maybe later in deep winter when it's not hot there at all!!!

Hiya Mish! Karo! Stacey! Robyn! Paula! Jacq! Everyone else!!!

Finally got myself to the doc (the one thing that's more of a pain living on the mountain!).....sinus infection is still active, it never went away with the last round of antibiotics, so I'm on yet another type. Also I thought I had burned my lips somehow, but the pain got so bad over the weekend and wasn't healing. Doc said instead of one cold sore, basically both my lips have the cold sore virus. So got ointment and some internal meds for that. Hopefully I'll start finally feeling like myself again soon!!

Stamp TV!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:04 AM   #748
Gallery Gazer

Oh my, Lee, you're sure having a rough go with your sinuses. And your poor lips. Hope this batch of antibiotics works and you get back feeling 100%.

Denise - ouchie. I feel your pain sista! I screwed up my back after washing my car earlier this summer and wanted to crawl in a dark hole. I could hardly move. Get Joe to massage it for you...clothes optional.

Jean & Pat - sounds like you have a great time together, as always! It's so nice that you live close enough to see each other frequently and play. Hope school is going swell Pat - I've got to arrange a teacher/principal conference for Joe & I to discuss Joey's "situation" and make sure that we get info from school.

Hi Michele! Hi Stacey! Hi Paula! Hi Robyn!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:38 AM   #749

Back is better but I just sent my baby off to Kindergarten and actually cried! When it was Gia's turn for Kindergarten I couldn't wait, but I guess the last one hits a nerve....

Yeah Pat! Glad you got the box, that means I'm next! Wahoo!

Feel better all you sickies!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #750

Joe is officially retired from the NYPD....17 1/2 years out of 20!

My house is going up for sale next month and Florida here I come!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #751
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

We'll leave a light on for ya. . .

Old 09-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #752
Glitter Guru

So sorry to hear about your sinuses and lips, Lee! Hope you feel better soon.

Come on down, D!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #753
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

That's great news! You must be so relieved. Good luck selling your house and moving.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #754
Stazon Splitcoast

woohoo! That's great news, D!
(((HUGS))) Lee. Hope the new drugs help you feel better!
Hi Jacq! Hi Jean! Hi Pat! Hi Stacey! Hi everyone else!
Happy Wednesday! It's another busy week around here. No plans tonight, though, so I'm going to watch some TV and maybe work on my Alaska scrapbook tonight!

--Henri Matisse
Old 09-08-2010, 06:43 PM   #755
Stazon Splitcoast

Spent a quite Labor Day - watched Doctor Quinn - Medicine Woman all day and night with Mom. We both played lazy, but it was nice.

Dee: So sorry about your back. Please take it easy and get well. You need to be able to stamp.

Mom is doing better. Found out today that the Burial for her brother will be next week Tuesday in Sturgis SD, If I can work things out, I'll be going to represent our family (Mom isn't up to that long of a trip - so I would be going alone) and Aunt Eileen's.
Job Front: Still looking - UC goes until next April unless government changes that. At least I got all my bills paid off...only dealing with my monthly bills and that doesn't leave much extra. But I do have a 'theraphy' room full of craft items I can use without having to purchase much else. In this case hoarding has paid off.

The box of goodies is getting closer.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #756
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Robyn.....I watched the DQ marathon too!!! Even though I have the DVD set it was fun to watch it as it played on the GMC channel! I lost your address and mom's name somewhere.....I would love to send a card if you could pm me!

Stamp TV!
Old 09-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #757
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
So sorry to hear about your sinuses and lips, Lee! Hope you feel better soon.

Come on down, D!
Oh, I'm inspired to make a Magnolia card in honor of lee...Tilda as LuvLee (complete with no lips or nose)! LOL Hope you feel better soon Lee!

CONGRATS Joe M.!!!
D- tell Joe "Thanks for his service, courageous endeavors, and for his part in keeping the public safe". Good luck selling your house and hittin' the high road to Florida. Florida is closer to NC than NY.

Hi Michele! Hi Stacey! Hi Robyn! Hi Pat! Hi Paula! Hi Jean!

I'm trying to transfer Joe's roadrunner e-mail to my account but I forgot the password and now I locked it out...I have to wait an hour before I can go back in - I'm in time-out. haha

Did I tell y'all I'm entering cards in the State Fair this year? I'll do one for each category - I think there's about 5. Maybe I'll win a ribbon.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:44 PM   #758
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Oh you totally cracked me up with the Tilda comment..........as a matter of fact I wouldn't mind NOT having lips for a few days until the pain subsides!!! LOL Thanks for the laugh...although I can't laugh IRL cuz it hurts! I told hubby if he makes me laugh I'm gonna hit him!!!

Stamp TV!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #759
Stazon Splitcoast

Lee: At least without lips you can still stamp. Take care of yourself and get better.
Jacq: Good luck with the cards for State Fair.
Everyone else: Have a good day.
Guess I'm not going to SD for the burial...I'm doing a self-imposed time out due to blowing up when I told her I was looking into going. She felt with my being unemployed I was being irresponsible considering about going.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #760
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

{{{{{{Robyn}}}}} I'm so sorry!!!!!

Stamp TV!