Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree265Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #641
Gallery Gazer

Part II - "The Vows"

So, my friend Reverend Nancy came over the Wednesday before the wedding to review the ceremony and asked if we had our vows. It was Joe's idea to write our own vows. I started working on mine over a month ago, wrote out my thoughts and crossed things out/added things as I thought about them. Anyway when Nancy came over, Joe didn't even have his yet (2 days before the wedding). I was getting frustrated that he hadn't even started on his yet and told him we could just do the traditional vows if he wanted to but he still wanted to do our own.

Fast forward: everyone is in the park waiting for my arrival. My father and I were half way down the stairs when I broke free from my dad and ran back up the stairs - (I think he thought I was having second thoughts). I actually forgot my vows and had to run back up to get them. When we got to that part of the ceremony, Joe read his from a neatly typed piece of paper. Michele was holding mine and gave me the paper when it was my turn...I proceeded to unfold a wrinkled piece of blue notebook paper that was ripped from a spiral steno pad (and wet because I had it wrapped around my bouquet as I walked to the park). If that wasn't bad enough, there was a bunch of cross outs and scribbles on it too. My original plan was to rewrite my vows and have them nice and neat on an index card but I ran out of time. My words were still heartfelt and meaningful even though it did cause a few giggles. To top it off, Joe's brother, who was off to my side, saw the cross-outs and made mention of it which brought on a few more giggles.

Anyway, both of our vows were touching and actually brought on a few tears (including to the best man). Joe, however, gets an extra point for actually typing them and having a neater presentation. I'd say "next time I'll be more prepared" but I know there WON'T be a next time. LOL

Next Installment: "Fun in Charleston!"

Last edited by jacqueline; 08-26-2010 at 03:50 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #642
Gallery Gazer

Mr. & Mrs. Joe Valade
Attached Thumbnails
jjv82010.jpg   pier.jpg   p1010044.jpg  
Old 08-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #643
Gallery Gazer

Keep in mind these were just taken on the fly with my camera...Rob has all the "good" pics. In the third picture I look mischievous because Joe was whispering naughty things in my ear. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
p1010048.jpg   p1010050.jpg   p1010064.jpg  
Old 08-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #644
Gallery Gazer

Of course Piper and Sammy had to get in on the action too.
And, yes, in case you're wondering, I am sitting on the kitchen floor with the dogs.

Which reminds me...I haven't gotten to the dog $hit story yet. heehee
Attached Thumbnails
p1010011_01.jpg   p1010014_01.jpg   p1010095.jpg  
Old 08-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #645
Glitter Guru

Love the wedding pix, Mrs. Valade! Your dress is beautiful! I'm so glad the weather cooperated, since the wedding was al fresco. Did Piper and Sammy carry the rings?
Old 08-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #646
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

Ohhhhh WOWEEEEEEEEE Jacq!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STUNNING pictures!!!!!!!!! And beautiful vows!!! You really are a showstopper GF!!!!!

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #647
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm so happy for you, Jacq! You look beautiful - gorgeous dress! And you and Joe look so happy, in spite of all of the drama! I can't believe his family was that late to his wedding.
Your re-telling of the day is so fun - I can't wait to hear about the rest (even the dog doo!)

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Old 08-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #648
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all! I spent all day yesterday at Disneyland/California Adventure with my BFF and her family - so fun! I hated to leave them last night but I had to go to work today. Fortunately, I got a chance to sleep in a bit this a.m. This weekend I'm babysitting and crafting - I still have a couple of cards to whip up for the Stamp It! call, and one completed one that needs photographing. I'm looking forward to the three-day weekend coming up - I need that extra day of rest!

--Henri Matisse
Old 08-27-2010, 06:36 AM   #649
Stazon Splitcoast

Jacquie, darling, you look GORGEOUS and Joe's smile just melts my heart. Beautiful dress. Beautiful venue. So happy for you!

Old 08-27-2010, 06:37 AM   #650
Stazon Splitcoast

By the way, you two are VERY photogenic!

Old 08-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #651
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

AWESOME pics Jacq! Love your dress, so gorgeous! And the pictures with the dogs are awesome! Ahhh, makes me think of my day....wow almost 8 years ago! Goes by FAST!

Congrats to you both, may you have many many years of happiness!
Old 08-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #652
Gallery Gazer

Part III "Fun in Charleston"

Charleston is such a neat city...very historic and romantic. Joe and I left early Sunday afternoon and headed to Charleston for a mini honeymoon. It's about 2 1/2 hours away. When we got into town we stopped at the visitor's center to get help finding someplace to stay. We had planned on staying on the outskirts because the rates can be pricey downtown. We lucked out and got a great rate on a lovely bed & breakfast right in the heart of the downtown area. We stayed in Room #2 at the Barksdale House and were within walking distance to everything.

We went to the city market and walked around and ended up at a Japanese restaurant called Wasabi. We had a yummy dinner and the waitress brought us free dessert "for the newlyweds". The next day, we walked to the river front and took a boat ride around the harbor past Ft. Sumter, Patriot's Park, and got a view of all the old houses along the river. We walked back to town and had lunch at Hyman's Seafood Restaurant (which is well known and has been named the best Seafood Restaurant 9 years running by Southern Living magazine). Alot of famous people have eaten there too. We sat at a table that Oliver North sat at when he dined there. The food was soooooo good. OMG! If you ever go to Charleston, be sure to stop there for lunch or dinner. Awesome! We walked back to the B&B and drove down to the historic Battery Park and walked around there. The houses are amazing and beautiful. Walking around the Battery wiped us out and we were ready to cool off with some cool drinks so we dropped the car off back at the B&B and walked up the street to Juanita Greenbergs because they boasted "world famous margarita's" and I liked the motto: "Oi Vay Ole". LOL. Joe and I got a pitcher of margarita's and proceeded to finish it off. We stopped and picked up a pizza on the way back to the B&B. No drama in Charleston...it was a lovely, relaxing, fun [memorable] time.
Attached Thumbnails
p1010143.jpg   p1010119.jpg   p1010165.jpg  
Old 08-27-2010, 07:12 PM   #653
Gallery Gazer

a couple more Charleston pics...
Attached Thumbnails
p1010163.jpg   p1010130.jpg   sam_1567.jpg  
Old 08-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #654
Gallery Gazer

My Uncle (from Florida) made us this bench. He salvaged it and rebuilt the wooden slats and refinished/painted it. He engraved our name in it. It's so pretty and we can't wait to get a house so we can put it on the front porch.

Here is a pic of our cake...well, at least the top half of it. We're going to eat it this weekend while Christopher is here. I told him I'd save him some. I hope it still tastes alright. LOL

Another pic of me and my husband. That still sounds funny to me. We've been married a whole week. Isn't he a hotty?
Attached Thumbnails
p1010176.jpg   p1010006.jpg   p1010037.jpg  
Old 08-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #655
Stazon Splitcoast

Jacq, that bench is awesome! What a wonderful gift for you! And you are both hotties - you look fabulous and incredibly happy in all the pics! Charleston sounds like a terrific spot for a mini honeymoon. Though after your great tour, I was expecting a card challenge, ala the hometown tours!

--Henri Matisse
Old 08-28-2010, 04:36 AM   #656
Stazon Splitcoast

That's my girl with that pitcher of margaritas. You two DO look fabulous. I just love Joe's dimple! Beautiful cake and really cool bench. I love Charleston, too. Great place for a mini honeymoon. We missed that seafood place, but we'll do that next time. Loving the stories and pics. Now what about the dog poop?

Old 08-28-2010, 05:47 AM   #657
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Jacq ~ LOVE the pictures! You are gorgeous and you're both glowing with happiness! Now I want wedding cake!
Gallery Blog
Old 08-28-2010, 12:20 PM   #658
Glitter Guru

Love all the pics, Jacq! That bench is really wonderful! Hope you have a porch soon to put it on. Your cake is so pretty! I bet it tastes as good as it looks too.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #659
Gallery Gazer

Part IV: "Dog Poo"

We ran out of light for outside pictures Friday...we got family shots and pictures of the ceremony but didn't want to waste time "posing" for more - we wanted to get to the party! So, Joe and I got redressed Saturday to take pictures in the park and at the lake. We rode in a golf cart down to the lake and I realized I forgot my bouquet. Michele offered to ride back to the house to get it. She seemed to be gone longer than expected and we were joking that she didn't know how to turn on the golf cart or stop it, etc. She finally returned and reported that "someone had gotten into mischief"...that someone was Piper (go figure) . Apparently when people brought back stuff from the party they left a box in the kitchen not realizing there was a bag of stuffed peppers in the box. Subsequently it was left on the kitchen floor and Piper found them. She chewed a hole in the bag and ate the cheese filling but left the peppers scattered all over the floor. Michele cleaned it up which is why she was MIA.

We finished pictures and came back to the house. Rob was lying on the couch watching TV, Michele and I were gabbing (and taking pictures of me with the dogs) in the kitchen and Joe ran up to the apartment to change his clothes. Somewhere in the midst of all of this, Piper decided to take a cr@p on my mother's rug near the back door. Joe came back in the house, opened the door and proceeded to step in the dog poo (with his bare feet). LOL He got a paper towel and picked up the turds and went to watch TV with Rob.

When I went to check out the rug I saw that Joe didn't get it all so Michele and I finished cleaning the rug and got the rest of the poop picked up. I thought we we got it all but then we noticed that when Joe opened the door, he smeared the poop all along the bottom of the door! Michele got on one side of the door and I was on the other running the rag back and forth along the bottom trying to clean it. It was a mess! Did I mention I was doing all this while still in my wedding dress?! While the guys were sitting there watching TV? I finally said, "What's wrong with this picture? The two guys are lounging on the couch while I'm cleaning up dog $h!t in a wedding dress!" Sometimes, guys are so oblivious! Oi. Overall, it was kind of funny. Never a dull moment with us.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #660
Glitter Guru

Oh, Jacq! I'm so excited and happy for you and your new hubby!! You both are gorgeous, the pics are fabulous and your mini honeymoon sounded heavenly. Thanks for sharing all the details - I actually felt like I was there celebrating right along with you. I even enjoyed the dog poop story! LOL

By the way - the traveling stamps arrived at my house this week. It's been chaos around here lately, so I haven't even had a chance to go through them, select some, and add some to the mix. Something occurred to me though . . . what does the last person on the list do with the box and its contents when it arrives? Someone's going to get quite the load of loot when it arrives!

Still chaotic around here - been babysitting Brecken a lot. Can't get enough of that sweet little boy. I'm attaching the most recent pic of him at 4 months. Isn't he just a doll!!

I'm going to try and make a card or two for the Paper Crafts Stamp It! call, so guess I'd better get on that.
Attached Thumbnails
16-weeks.jpg  
Old 08-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #661
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

EEEEEEEEEEEEKS!!!!!!!!!! I'm on adorable photo overload!!!!!

Jacq!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooo doing a happy dance for you!!! You two are just FABULOUSO!!!! The pics of you two are fantastic!!! You're both hotties!!!! Oh gosh that bench is amazing!!!! Oh the dog poo story........life has GOT to be interesting so it's never dull, eh??

Karo...........that baby is a DARLING!!!!!

Stamp TV!
Old 08-28-2010, 05:09 PM   #662
Glitter Guru

Karolyn, that boy is so cute!!! I can't believe he's 4 months old already!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:52 PM   #663
Gallery Gazer

Karo - Brecken IS really cute. I'm sure it's just the way he's positioned but he looks like he's about 2 yrs. old! Look at that head of hair! I want to squeeze him!

Ready for your first full week of school Pat?

Hi Lee! Any snow yet? heehee

Hi Jean! Those margarita's were just what we needed after a long day of walking and sightseeing.

Michelle - so cool that you're able to just hop over to Disneyland. How fun!

Hi Paula! Hi Denise!

Hi Robyn! Hope Mom is in better spirits. (((Hugs))) to both of you.

Is Stacey MIA again??

Sounds like you've all been busy and submitting for publications. What a talented group. I started working on thank you cards but I'm not making them all - no way will I have time to make all of them. I can't wait to get settled and get back into the groove though, I'm getting antsy. I'm going to try to come up with some entries for the State Fair. Who knows, maybe I'll win a ribbon or something.

Christopher is with us this weekend and he was excited because we all got stay together at the condo - he and Joe didn't have to leave and go to the apartment. I made pineapple-jalapeno salsa this afternoon. It had a kick to it but it was really good. We had leftover wedding cake for dessert - Christopher loved it. Well, it's getting late and I need my beauty rest so toodles noodles.

Last edited by jacqueline; 08-28-2010 at 06:57 PM..
Old 08-31-2010, 04:53 AM   #664
Gallery Gazer

DId the travelin' stamps make it to you Karolyn? I sent them out before the wedding and wanted to make sure they arrived.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:15 AM   #665
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline View Post
DId the travelin' stamps make it to you Karolyn? I sent them out before the wedding and wanted to make sure they arrived.
I meant to answer an earlier question about what happens to the stamps on the end of the line. I loaded up that box with a full load when I sent it out--I'm on the end of the line. The point wasn't to get back MORE stamps than I sent out--actually I was hoping for less. I hadn't planned to recycle it again once it gets to me. Is that okay, or do you want it to just keep going?

Old 08-31-2010, 05:48 AM   #666

Hi everyone! Been busy getting these guys ready for school here...and now we are preparing for Hurricane Earl!!!

Regarding the STS...
I say when you get the box back Jean if you see all new stuff, keep it going!

I have a busy week here with the CAS DT search also...but I'll be around...

Hugs....
Old 08-31-2010, 06:29 AM   #667
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecoastcrafter View Post
I meant to answer an earlier question about what happens to the stamps on the end of the line. I loaded up that box with a full load when I sent it out--I'm on the end of the line. The point wasn't to get back MORE stamps than I sent out--actually I was hoping for less. I hadn't planned to recycle it again once it gets to me. Is that okay, or do you want it to just keep going?
I have a feeling you'll be getting a full box back If you want to take out some stuff and send it on again, great. But if you want to take all the leftovers to the Salvation Army, or donate them to a school or art program, that is totally fine with me, too.

Hi all! Hope you're doing well. I have a cold. I was miserable last night and didn't sleep well last night. I'm debating calling in sick.

--Henri Matisse
Old 08-31-2010, 06:48 AM   #668
Die Cut Diva

Mish - sorry about the cold. I've been fighting something myself. It's no fun.

Jacq, great wedding pics!

Cute grandbaby Karo! It's amazing how fast they grow.

I took this week off of work (cuz I could) but went in for a few hours yesterday morning for OT ($$), so today is my first official day off for the week! How am I celebrating? I get to go have an ultrasound no, not pregnant, just have a few female problems they're trying to sort out. After 3 years they are finally starting to talk about my surgical options. I haven't decided in my mind yet what I want to do, I have a lot of questions for the dr. Wish me luck ladies,

Old 08-31-2010, 06:51 AM   #669

Hugs Michelle! Feel better!

Jacq ~ Loved all the wedding stories!

Karo ~ What a cutie pie! And, really? Four months already? Where is the time going?? Ezra is going to be one in two weeks!!

Jean ~ Up to you on the stamps. When I did it with another group, the last person took what she wanted and donated the rest to a school, I think.

Denise ~ Can't wait to see the new CAS DT. Some awesome stuff in the gallery.

I'll be watching FB for excited emails when the Stamp It acceptance emails go out. I didn't send anything. Techniques are not my thing.
Gallery Blog
Old 08-31-2010, 06:52 AM   #670

Aw, hugs Stacy!
Gallery Blog
Old 08-31-2010, 07:40 AM   #671
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Paula and Stacey. I'm officially called in sick now. Hopefully some rest and chicken soup will fix me right up. I might also spend part of the day crafting
Paula, I sent in three cards for the call. I had one more in my head but never got past the first step in creating it! I had fun but I don't hold out much hope. We'll see, though!
The next call is more theme-specific - wedding and baby, I think. I don't know if I'll submit anything for that one. I wasn't immediately inspired when I read what they were looking for.

--Henri Matisse
Old 08-31-2010, 08:19 AM   #672

lol, I was the opposite. Lots of ideas for the Mar/April call. Now, whether any of them or original or not is another thing entirely.

Feel better asap, Mish! I think chicken soup and crafting sounds like an excellent path to wellness.
Gallery Blog
Old 08-31-2010, 09:54 AM   #673
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline View Post
Yes, Ma'am. They arrived last week . . . I babysat yesterday, so I'll try to get them back in the mail today. The box was loaded to the gills, and I don't think I'll be taking too many out - not much room for me to add anymore in, but I'll try!

Jean, my vote is to donate what comes to you in the final box. Maybe we can do this again in like three or four months? Just a suggestion. How's your leg doing?

Feel better, Mish and Stacey! Paula, I can't believe Ezra is going to be a year old soon. It IS amazing how time flies. Brecken is full on laughing now - so funny. I submitted one card to the PC call last night. Made two other projects, but pitched them in the trash because they just weren't working, and the more I messed with them, the worse they got. LOL I should have submitted the pile of chopped up CS that was left over from the mess. I hate when that happens. LOL I'll be crossing my fingers and toes for all of us submitters.

Off to shower and eat something, and then get busy in my craft room! Have a great day, ladies!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:01 PM   #674
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Good Luck to all my brave and talented friends who are submitting! Hoping that with Fall things settle down some so I can attempt submitting again!

HUGS Mish!!! Hope you're feeling better!!! You too Stacey!!!!

Just hanging out in the hotel since James has to work all week in Denver. Of course I brought stampin' stuff!!!

Stamp TV!
Old 08-31-2010, 03:50 PM   #675
Glitter Guru

Hugs to Michelle and Stacey! Hope you are on the mend soon!

Watch out for Earl, Denise -- any maybe Jacqueline. I'm not sure how close it's going to be to the NC coast.

The traveling stamp box will be on it's way to me soon! Can't wait to see what's inside!

Hard to believe Ezra is almost one already!

Hope you're having fun in Denver, Lee!

Teaching school is unlike any other job. It's like being in a Broadway show. Everyday the show starts at 8:30 and is over at 2:45. Except for the 20 minutes I get to eat lunch, I am performing every minute of the day. It's so tiring for the first week or two, until I get my stamina back. I have a great class this year! I love my job.

I'm making plans to go to Jean's for the upcoming Labor Day weekend. Maybe I'll get to make a card!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:12 PM   #676

Earl, Fionna, JACQUELINE???? Sorry but Hurricane Jacqueline is scaring the beejeezus outta me! LOL

Pat have fun stamping with Jean...is she still getting pushed around on the computer chair? If so give her a big push for me!

My kids finally got assigned their teachers....Chris got the brand new Kindergarten teacher (don't know how I feel about that yet) ... and Gia got the teacher who was hormonal last year when she was pregnant. Let's hope she doesn't have any more hormones left!

Whatever we decide to do about the stamps is fine by me too...I can't wait to get them!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:10 PM   #677
Gallery Gazer

Feel better Stacey & Michelle!!

Hi Paula! Hi Karolyn! Hi Lee!

Jean - Karolyn is right - the box was Stuffed (with a capital S) when I sent it out...I could barely slip the instruction sheet in there. Whatever you decide is fine with me. You & Pat have a blast together this weekend.

We're officially under a Tropical Storm Watch for now but we're still on the edge of "cone of uncertainty"...we're expecting winds and some of the outer rain bands but if Earl moves over just a hair to the left, then we'll get more of the effects. As long as the front pushes through at the right time, Earl will be kept offshore. The water temps however are 85* which will fuel it so the forecasters aren't exactly certain at this time where it's going. Not sure what Fiona is doing yet. They don't expect that one to get too close.

Good luck with all the DT & Magazine entries ladies! I'm still working on TY cards and announcements. I'd like to get them out by the end of the week and be done with them. I've got new stamps and I want to color and make fun things.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:58 PM   #678
Die Cut Diva

Stay safe Jacq.

Just popping in to say goodnight and that my baby boy is starting High School tomorrow (ok, orientation but it's all day at that HUGE school all by himself). For those of you that have little ones enjoy this time because before you know it they will be grown.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #679
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm walking now, Dee--with a limp, but I'm getting around. It's just taking a long time to heal.
Jacq--aren't you glad it wasn't a couple of weeks ago--I mean the hurricane?
I hope you'll be missed. I'm getting positive feelings that you will. Is there a noticeable absence of birds and other wildlife? That's a sure sign that they know something is coming and they need to get outta Dodge.
Stacey--HIGH SCHOOL? That's unbelievable!
Mish--feel better

I'm inclined to go through the box when it gets here and pull out things that might be good for another trip around later or for MEEEEEEEEE--and then donate the rest to a school or someone who's just starting out in stamping. We'll start fresh next time.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #680
Stazon Splitcoast

Just an idea--if we're still on the skinny box for $10.40--it may be easier to go to the chunky box, Pat, Denise, or Robyn. Just a thought.