Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree388Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #561
Stazon Splitcoast

Those wedding bells are breaking up, that ole gang o mine! Getting excited.

Sounds like maybe we need to go in on a case of DEPENDS with all this pants peeing going on! Congrats! I think this Technique call is a winner for everyone in our gang--let's do it!

Leg is better--at least I can walk somewhat! Go to get the results of the MRI tomorrow! Thanks for all your positive thoughts.

Cool ribbon systems, Pat!

Hello and Hugs to everyone. I think we need to have a VIRTUAL SHOWER one night soon--someone mentioned that earlier. Let's set a date. Remind us AGAIN--when is the big day, Jacq?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #562
Glitter Guru

Glad you're feeling better, Jean!

I forgot to tell everybody, I watched them putting the sign up on our new Hobby Lobby the other day! Rumor is, it will open in the fall! I can't wait!

I am so excited! I needed to order a new set of reading cards because I loaned them to someone, I didn't write down who I loaned them to, and they never gave them back. Anyway, while I was ordering those cards I looked to see if there was anything else I wanted (to get a break on shipping costs.) So I ordered a wireless Eggspert for my class! It's like the call in buttons on the quiz shows. The kid hits the colored button and the same colored egg lights up. Then you can set it so they have a certain amount of time in which to answer. You can also set it so the eggs light up in sequence and then slow down until only one is lit and then the kid with that color button must answer. I had something similar a long time ago, but this one is much cooler, runs on batteries, and is wireless!!! I can't wait to use it! So much fun!! See pic below.
Attached Thumbnails
eggspert-pgc.jpg  
Old 08-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #563
Gabfest Goddess

Yay! Jean's back - glad you're feeling a little better. Hope your test results are good news.

Cool toy Pat - I would've loved that game when I was in school!

Paula - I have a few Magnolia stamps and ordered a couple more: Tilda w/ Chicks; Happy Tilda; Cross-stitched Tilda; Tilda w/ Roses; Princess Tilda; Tilda w/ Christmas Stockings (on it's way); Cupid Tilda (on it's way); Waiting Tilda...I didn't like them when they first came out (don't like the one's with wings and deformed faces) but the design changed adn now I think they're cute (and fun to color). I don't have the magazines but have been wanting to get them. I like thumbing through them and love to see the coloring techniques.

Other Paula - I did get the box - I don't think I mentioned it - I took a few things out but haven't had a chance to put my things back in...am planning to get it back out on the road by Friday.

9 days to go...the wedding is next Friday evening, August 20th.
The continuing saga: the boys may not attend because their mother planned a trip to Myrtle Beach. We weren't really counting on Joey anyway with the way he's been acting, but Christopher is excited and was looking forward to attending. Ex said she'll "talk to Christopher and see what he wants to do - he can decide if he wants to go to the wedding or go to MB". Of course, she and Joey will try to persuade and "remind" him that he'll be missing out on all the fun in Myrtle Beach - I knew she'd pull something like this so it really didn't come as a big surprise. Besides, who the hell lets a 7 year old make the decisions? Oh wait, I forgot, the same person that let's a 10 year old decide he doesn't want to see his father for 8 months. Did I mention that MB is only about an hour or so away? So, really, she could go anytime. Personally, while I feel a little bad for Joe, I think we'll have less to worry about without them there. KWIM? We'll airbrush them into pictures later. LOL

Hi Michelle! Hi Lee! Hi Stacey! Hi Denise!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #564
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Oh sorry to hear that, jacq. I hope she changes her tune. It's important for them to be there to feel like they're a part of everything.

just wanted to be sure i sent the stamp box to the right place.

Pat ~ very cool toy!

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #565
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

Pat...I second that....or third that.......what a COOL toy!!

Jacq....I'm so sorry!!! HUGS!!!! What a mess! I just hope that **tch of a woman definitely feels the payback of life when those boys realize how much their dad and you are the ones showing them what real love and family is about!!!

Howdy everyone! I think I'm gonna get to do some Hometown challenges today!
Old 08-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #566
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by casep View Post
Glad you're feeling better, Jean!

I forgot to tell everybody, I watched them putting the sign up on our new Hobby Lobby the other day! Rumor is, it will open in the fall! I can't wait!

I am so excited! I needed to order a new set of reading cards because I loaned them to someone, I didn't write down who I loaned them to, and they never gave them back. Anyway, while I was ordering those cards I looked to see if there was anything else I wanted (to get a break on shipping costs.) So I ordered a wireless Eggspert for my class! It's like the call in buttons on the quiz shows. The kid hits the colored button and the same colored egg lights up. Then you can set it so they have a certain amount of time in which to answer. You can also set it so the eggs light up in sequence and then slow down until only one is lit and then the kid with that color button must answer. I had something similar a long time ago, but this one is much cooler, runs on batteries, and is wireless!!! I can't wait to use it! So much fun!! See pic below.
Dang! I wanna ALMOST go back in the classroom!

Old 08-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #567
Stazon Splitcoast

Jacq, if I were closer, I'd totally get a posse together to go knock some sense into that woman. I'm sorry you're having this drama when it should be a day both you and Joe can enjoy with no worries.
Pat, that thing looks so cool! I bet your kids will love it. I can't believe how fast summer has gone. For you, too, I bet!
Hi all. So glad the weekend is almost here! Several times today I wished I had an inflatable evacuation slide to deploy out my office window! Fortunately, my boss will be out of the office for the next two days, or I might have to make my own evacuation slide!

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Old 08-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #568
Glitter Guru

I have a feeling that this product will soon be available on the Internet. LOL
Old 08-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #569
Stazon Splitcoast

haha! I bet you're right Pat!

--Henri Matisse
Old 08-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #570
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliotstamps View Post
Jacq, if I were closer, I'd totally get a posse together to go knock some sense into that woman. I'm sorry you're having this drama when it should be a day both you and Joe can enjoy with no worries.
Pat, that thing looks so cool! I bet your kids will love it. I can't believe how fast summer has gone. For you, too, I bet!
Hi all. So glad the weekend is almost here! Several times today I wished I had an inflatable evacuation slide to deploy out my office window! Fortunately, my boss will be out of the office for the next two days, or I might have to make my own evacuation slide!
LOL!! Be sure and grab a coupla beers on your way out the door, Mish!! LMAO!! That guy was a kook, huh?! I guess when you get fed up, ya just snap . . . .

Jean, it's today - what's the word from the doc on your leg?

Jacq, I'm so sorry that THAT WOMAN is being an itch with a B. That's just nasty, nasty, nasty. Some day those kids are going to grow up and realize how she interfered in their relationship with their dad and you . . . she's gonna be sorry, I promise. But until then, can we have her phone number? I love to make prank phone calls in the middle of the night!!! LOL

Paula M. and Jacq - wish I'd known you guys like those faceless Magnolia's. I had a whole bunch of them, and gave them away this past spring. Oops!

I'm hoping to get to stamp tomorrow. I really need to take care of those pink rings in my toilets first . . . and the dust bunnies the size of Joey and Christopher. Ewwwww LOL
Old 08-12-2010, 07:03 AM   #571
Gabfest Goddess

Oh my friends - you crack me up...if we all did live closer we'd get in all sorts of trouble.

Michelle - I hear you about sliding down the airplane shoot...beers? How about a bottle of tequila? I've often fantasized of pushing co-workers down the stairs or customers/media having to work here - they probably wouldn't last too long and would stifle their comments if they had any idea what it was really like.

Karo - aw shucks about the Magnolia stamps. I recently got some when I jumped on the copic bandwagon. Here is inside info about the "pink stuff". I have it too in the shower and in Piper's water bowl - have to wash it constantly.

WHAT IS THAT PINK STUFF?
FACTS ABOUT SERRATIA MARCESCENS

Serratia Marcescens is a common species of bacteria that occurs naturally throughout the environment, appearing more frequently in humid conditions.

This bacterium is thought to be the source of a pink residue often found on bathroom fixtures, including the sink, shower, and along the water line of the toilet bowl.

While testing to determine the exact nature of this pink-colored growth would be both costly and time-consuming, scientists and laboratory analysts have concluded it is the bacteria species Serratia Marcescens.

Serratia Marcescens can survive in even nominal conditions, often feeding upon itself in the absence of other nutrients. It thrives in the moist, dark conditions often found in bathrooms.

Since this bacterium is prevalent in dusty conditions, it will oftentimes appear during construction or renovation when dust and airborne particles are stirred up.

Serratia Marcescens is not an indicator of poor water quality in the distribution system. Rather, the residue is thought to result from airborne bacteria and is also affected by a homeowner’s cleaning habits.

For many years, S. Marcescens was considered both harmless and useful. It was utilized, for example, by scientists and teachers alike for experiments to track the presence of other microbes. However, the bacterium was later theorized to cause urinary tract infections, pneumonia and other health-related problems in some people and is, therefore, no longer used for this purpose. While S. Marcescens generally does not adversely affect most individuals, those with compromised immune systems should take special precautions or consult with a health care professional.

The United States Environmental Protection Agency does not require mandatory testing for the bacterium. Because the bacterium travels freely throughout the air in some homes, testing and treatment would do little to prevent the production of the bacterium.

There are several methods that homeowners can use to control the development of this pink residue. Products containing chlorine, such as common household bleach, will both remove and control the proliferation of S. Marcescens. Also, keep bathroom fixtures dry and free of standing water, paying special attention to the rim underneath the toilet.

Well, have to go to a meeting - talk more later.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:03 AM   #572
Stazon Splitcoast

The leg is fine--getting stronger every day. Apparently, the tendinitis was making me walk differently and then I overworked the leg and sprained it--inflammation shut it down on me. The dr. made me put my crutches away. Now I have no weapons. I notice people get out of your way when you carry big sticks. No major damage, no major arthritis. Major pain in the butt. (I wanted to say tuchus, but I've seen so many spellings for tookus, that I'm not sure how to spell it.)
Are we doing a virtual shower?

Old 08-12-2010, 07:05 AM   #573
Stazon Splitcoast

MITIN on the pink stuff, Jacq. The question IS: Should I REALLY worry if it's gone RED?

Old 08-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #574
Stazon Splitcoast

Jean, I think the red is permission to hire a housekeeper! Glad you're feeling better, but sorry they took your weapons away!

Jacq, we joke in my office about breaking windows to escape. Of course we are on the third floor, so it would be a long way down. It's been a rough week because our managers have developed our strategic plan for next year and it's all about "what else" we should be doing (I don't have time to do the work I'm supposed to now!) and we got "self evaluation" forms, which are just absurd to even think about filling out given the working conditions lately (sample question: "discuss ways in which you could improve" I'm pretty sure saying get rid of all the stupid rules wouldn't play well!) Fortunately, my boss is out of the office the rest of the week and I get to go in late today! And tomorrow is Friday, yay!!!!

--Henri Matisse
Old 08-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #575
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecoastcrafter View Post
MITIN on the pink stuff, Jacq. The question IS: Should I REALLY worry if it's gone RED?
Not too much - I've seen it get to be dark pinkish red in the shower...usually under shampoo bottles where it stays moist. It's more of a nuisance than anything else. If you get the black slimy stuff...that can be a form of mold but it can also be a build up of manganese from the water. I get that too and have to scrub the shower constantly. Especially along the cracks and under the shower door. Note to self: no shower doors in the future.

What would we do for a virtual shower? I will be available until next Wednesday. I'm heading to Calabash Thursday and will be there through the weekend.

Glad your leg is better but sorry you can't use your crutches to "move" people out of your way. Plus, you could play the sympathy card with them. Maybe you can use those little motorized shopping cart thingies at the store though. I bet you could get people airborne with those (if you hit them hard enough)!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #576
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliotstamps View Post
Jean, I think the red is permission to hire a housekeeper! Glad you're feeling better, but sorry they took your weapons away!

Jacq, we joke in my office about breaking windows to escape. Of course we are on the third floor, so it would be a long way down. It's been a rough week because our managers have developed our strategic plan for next year and it's all about "what else" we should be doing (I don't have time to do the work I'm supposed to now!) and we got "self evaluation" forms, which are just absurd to even think about filling out given the working conditions lately (sample question: "discuss ways in which you could improve" I'm pretty sure saying get rid of all the stupid rules wouldn't play well!) Fortunately, my boss is out of the office the rest of the week and I get to go in late today! And tomorrow is Friday, yay!!!!
A: By finding a better job!

B: Completing assigned duties more efficiently instead of wasting time
and effort on filling out ridiculous forms and surveys

C: Work from home

D: Improve what? working conditions? communications? morale?

HAPPY "Little Friday"!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #577
VSN Coordinator

Jean....glad it's not serious and you're healing up! But I'm TOTALLY with Jacq!!! Get a motorized scooter and mow those people down!!!!

Jacq.....I always wondered what the "pink stuff" was! We live in a dry and dusty climate so that makes sense! We rarely get other types of molds because it's so dry, which is good since I'm allergic! I notice the stuff most often on the animals' water bowl! Interesting!

Mish.....(((HUGS)))....enjoy the brief time that your boss is away!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #578
Glitter Guru

Quote:
The leg is fine--getting stronger every day. Apparently, the tendinitis was making me walk differently and then I overworked the leg and sprained it--inflammation shut it down on me. The dr. made me put my crutches away. Now I have no weapons. I notice people get out of your way when you carry big sticks. No major damage, no major arthritis. Major pain in the butt. (I wanted to say tuchus, but I've seen so many spellings for tookus, that I'm not sure how to spell it.)
Are we doing a virtual shower?
Yay! I'm sorry that you're still feeling that pain in your tookus and leg, but I'm so glad it's nothing serious. I say get a cattle prod - that'll get those slow pokes outta your way. LOL And you should apply for one of those Handicapped Parking Tags - front row parking, baby!! LOL
Old 08-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #579
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Had to look up what MITIN meant - I TOTALLY agree! LOL Of course we here in Seattle have plenty of the humidity - my shower rarely dries out completely. Glass block is definitely the way to go for those stinkin' shower doors. Love mine!

I have my little "slave" working away upstairs on those bathrooms - I'll work on the downstairs. Hopefully by noon, the whole house will be clean. I love it when I have a clean house - I just hate doing it. My priorities have definitely changed over the years. Please don't call the health department on me. LOL
Old 08-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #580
Gabfest Goddess

HAPPY FRIDAY the 13th
Old 08-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #581
Glitter Guru

Friday workday over! Happy weekend everyone!
Old 08-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #582
Stazon Splitcoast

Friday the 13th....that explains my attitude today....rotten.

Was supposed to hear today about 2 jobs I had applied for and not a peep. That means I have to call them on Monday to see what's up.

Last night I finished my items for a Shoe Box Swap in Hartford, WI on the 21st. I'll try and take pictures and post them after the event.

Jean: Glad to hear that you are on the mend. Just take it easy and don't push it. We want you totally well and not have more issues.

Jacq: I've never seen the 'pink' stuff so I guess I do live in a good place.

Off to veg the rest of the night away....thunder and rain outside. At least it's taken away some of the heat.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #583
Stazon Splitcoast

TGIF! I'm finally home and I didn't flee via evacuation slide, so I figure that's a good week! I have tons of stuff I want to do, and even more that I need to do, but I think I'll save it all until tomorrow, at least!

--Henri Matisse
Old 08-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #584
Glitter Guru

Guess where I went today??? GUESS GUESS!

HOBBY LOBBY!!!

They are just opening one about 20 minutes away from my house. I went into work this morning (you would think I am addicted to it or something) and the gal that sits next to me was telling me all about it. I had NO IDEA they were opening on in our area. That place is HUGE. I got some Tim Holtz Grunge Board (OMG, I thought is was just cardboard ) and a couple home decor items.

I impressed by the selection, but disappointed by the fact that they only had 1 or 2 of some of the items. I tried to by some Nestibilities, but they were all out of the size I wanted. What was even more puzzling is that when I took the slip up to the cashier to purchase the nestibillities she had NO IDEA what it was. OK, I am thinking to myself, the store hasn't even had it' Grand Opening, she's new, doesn't know what's going on - except for the fact that she had a bright red lanyard on that said CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER. Really? She had to call someone over and ask. When he came back to tell me that one was gone we got to talking. He must be in charge of opening stores because he said that they are greatly underestimated how popular paper crafts is in this area. He said that they has sold 8 Nestiblities today along and one lady had a cart stacked high of 12x12 scrapbook paper. Hopefully the stocking issue will get figured out.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #585
Glitter Guru

Jacq - Good Luck with the wedding. Sorry about the situation with the boys. All I can say is the ex must be really insecure. Maybe it's because my parents were divorced growing up and my mom was always gracious with my dad with us spending time with him that I don't get that woman. Mish - I'll join your posse!

Pat, you are such a good teacher! I wish I had had you for 5th grade You're kids will want to be playing quiz show all the time. What a great educational tool.

Jean - take care of the leg. -maybe you can visit Pat's class one day to play quiz show!!

Mish - I can appreciate your problems at work. Sorry you're having a rough time.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #586
Glitter Guru

Have any of you tried paper quilling? Rachel had spied a kit at Hobby Lobby but I wasn't really sure if it was appropriate for her age. Is it hard? It looks like fun and I can just envision her on the floor, deeply concentration over her project with little strips of paper all around her.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #587
Glitter Guru

That is so great, Stacey! The closest Hobby Lobby to me is in Ocala, BUT they are opening one here in the Fall! I watched them put the sign on it the other day! I loved the home decor section in the one in Ocala. I wanted everything! Hopefully when they reorder they'll adjust to their clientele.

I used to do paper quilling all the time. If the kit has directions, and the quilling tool, I think Rachel should try it. The strips come in different widths. Wider than 1/8 inch would be better for her until she gets the hang of it. It is very fun and you can make nice stuff with it.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #588
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeh on the Hobby Lobby. I have one about a hour and a half away from me. I don't get there often enough, but always find something when I do.

I've done paper quilling on and of for over 10 years. It is fun and relatively simple. I would say let Rachel have a go at it. With an instruction book, she should have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lou's View Post
Have any of you tried paper quilling? Rachel had spied a kit at Hobby Lobby but I wasn't really sure if it was appropriate for her age. Is it hard? It looks like fun and I can just envision her on the floor, deeply concentration over her project with little strips of paper all around her.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #589
Glitter Guru

Thanks on the paper quilling advice, I may pick up a kit for her next time I am there. Her birthday is coming up in Oct too, so that may be a good present to suggest to one of the grandparents!

Old 08-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #590
Stazon Splitcoast

I just hit submit on a submission for Papercrafts' Stamp It call. I have a couple of other idaes, too, if I have time before the call closes on the 23rd. Wish me luck!

Stacey, so jealous of your Hobby Lobby! The closest ones to me are Phoenix and Las Vegas - more than 5 hours away!

Hope you're all having a good weekend. I managed to make a couple of cards and make a little more progress on my scrapbook - at the expense of the regular household chores! I need to get cracking, I have another busy week ahead!

--Henri Matisse
Old 08-15-2010, 01:13 PM   #591
Glitter Guru

I have been going through my wardrobe and getting my school clothes washed, ironed, and organized for the coming school year. Preplanning starts tomorrow!
Old 08-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #592
VSN Coordinator

Iy Yi Yi! I'm draggin' with this sinus infection and the antibiotics are playing havoc with my stomach......but I made it to the stamp table and I think I'm up to making some of the vacation challenge cards.

I've never tried quilling but it sure is pretty!

Wow school! We just got DD's books ordered for the new semester and we move her into her dorm room on Thursday. So weird....we have a Sophomore in college now! Also got DS's books for this year and are working out a schedule here so he actually gets more accomplished before getting lost on the computer! LOL
Old 08-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #593
Glitter Guru

Michelle, I remember everyone here commenting on how much they like Hobby Lobby but they are all so far away - so trust me I was shocked beyond belief when the ONLY store (other than Boise) in Washington, Oregon, Idaho or Montana was just 20 minutes away from me.

We are slowly prepping for school here. We're still a few weeks out. AJ started official cross country practice last week. He is a little in shock that he has to run 6 days a week, but if I remember correctly from when I looked into how to train for longer runs that is right. The first meet is the 28th - time to go find some Black and Orange clothes to show school spirit! Don't worry, I promised him I wouldn't embarrass him too much.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #594
Gabfest Goddess

No Hobby Lobby here. Enjoy Stacey!

Feel Better Lee (((HUGS)))

Fingers crossed Michelle.

Starting the countdown Pat? Chris & Joey's open houses are Wed & Thurs. and they start school next week. Back to the reg. every other weekend schedule! Yay

The ladies at work are taking me out for lunch today. I'm only here until Wednesday and am off Thursday and Friday (of course). Then, I'm off until the end of next week. 4 more days! Aacccckkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Hi Everybody (is Denise back from Florida?)
Old 08-17-2010, 09:54 AM   #595
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Hey peeps! We were in Austin without internet for a few days. How's everyone been?

found this project on One Pretty Thing in case you run out of ideas for all that new baker's twine. MADE: TUTORIAL: Flavor of the Day ART

Oh, speaking of baker's twine, a shop in Wimberley had THE prettiest twine ever! It was baby blue and silver metallic. Next time, i'm so getting some!

We had a good time, but so glad to be home!

Jacq ~ Counting down girl! Can't wait for pictures!!!!

Stacy ~ Yay hobby Lobby!

Jean ~ So glad your leg is better!

Michelle ~ Hooray submitting! Best wishes!!

hi to everyone else!

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #596
Glitter Guru

Yay, Jacq, it's almost here!

Jean came over to help me get ready to start school. She was a big help today in my classroom and then she and her DH and I went to PF Changs for dinner. Delicious!

Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:31 PM   #597
Stazon Splitcoast

Evening girls!
Jacq, I'm so excited for you! Only a couple more days now!
Paula, hope you had a nice trip to Austin. Thanks for the fun twine idea! So far I've just been hoarding mine
Pat, sounds like you're making good progress in preparation for school to start. Glad you and Jean had a good visit, too!
I feel like I'm slogging through work this week, but I think it's partly because one of my BFFs and her family are coming to visit next week. I get to spend the day with them Sunday - I think we're headed to the beach - and then on Wednesday I took the day off and will be going to Disney with them. I am ready to go NOW!

--Henri Matisse
Old 08-18-2010, 07:56 AM   #598
Gabfest Goddess

2 more days! I'm getting anxious to wear my dress now. And, I so can't wait to eat the cake! Yummy!

The travelin' stamps box has left Wilmington and is on its way to.....Washington! Be on the lookout.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #599
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline View Post
2 more days! I'm getting anxious to wear my dress now. And, I so can't wait to eat the cake! Yummy!

The travelin' stamps box has left Wilmington and is on its way to.....Washington! Be on the lookout.

Soooo excited and happy for you, Jacq! Seriously, I hope your day turns out to be everything you want it to be and more. You deserve nothing less.

Super excited to get the Traveling Stamps!! Ummmm . . . will three grocery bags of Stampin' Up Stamps fit in the box?! LOL My BFF is moving to New Orleans, and we shared custody of an enormous amount of SU stamps. We had a little "divorce" party a few weeks ago, and now they're all sitting in my garage in grocery bags. Some are super fun, but I can't use them for pub work - most are retired. Bummer . . . .

I think we saw the last of the beautiful summer weather here yesterday. It was in the high 80's - today it's in the high 60's. That's Seattle for ya!

Mish - so crossing my fingers for your pub submission! Which category did you enter? I looked at the call, but I'm so out of it with techniques these days. I may give it a go - we'll see.

Lee, I hope your sinus infection is better. I've never had one of those, but I can only imagine how painful it is. Is your tummy any better?

Pat, I'll bet you're so excited to get the new school year started. My youngest is still awaiting her student teaching assignment. Is that normal? We're a bit concerned that she won't get a placement this semester - which makes me crazy!! Hopefully she'll hear something soon one way or the other so that we can move on with plans. Ugh!

I've got so much stamping I need to get done today - Denise's Hometown Tour challenge is included in my "to do" list. Guess I'd better get busy!

Old 08-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #600
Gabfest Goddess

First of all, THANKS Karolyn - I appreciate your kind words.

Secondly, NO. That stuff will not fit in the box...and, be warned - open it with care - I had to jam pack everything back in there. Oi vay. I actually ended up keeping one extra stamp because it wouldn't fit.

If you're wanting to get rid of any of the "products of divorce" stamps let me know what you have...I'm not a demo anymore so anything goes.

Speaking of which, I wonder if any of you current demos can offer a suggestion...I lost one of the sentiment stamps in the "Messages for Mom" set. I'm not sure if the set is in the main catty but it was in the occasions mini (winter/spring mini). I lost the stamp that says "sending extra love your way". Any chance SU! would send me just that missing stamp? I'm not a demo anymore so I can't call demo support so I was hoping one of you lovely demos could inquire for me. I've been searching all over my room for this stamp in hopes of finding it but I'm not having any luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garkarlon View Post

Soooo excited and happy for you, Jacq! Seriously, I hope your day turns out to be everything you want it to be and more. You deserve nothing less.

Super excited to get the Traveling Stamps!! Ummmm . . . will three grocery bags of Stampin' Up Stamps fit in the box?! LOL My BFF is moving to New Orleans, and we shared custody of an enormous amount of SU stamps. We had a little "divorce" party a few weeks ago, and now they're all sitting in my garage in grocery bags. Some are super fun, but I can't use them for pub work - most are retired. Bummer . . . .

I think we saw the last of the beautiful summer weather here yesterday. It was in the high 80's - today it's in the high 60's. That's Seattle for ya!

Mish - so crossing my fingers for your pub submission! Which category did you enter? I looked at the call, but I'm so out of it with techniques these days. I may give it a go - we'll see.

Lee, I hope your sinus infection is better. I've never had one of those, but I can only imagine how painful it is. Is your tummy any better?

Pat, I'll bet you're so excited to get the new school year started. My youngest is still awaiting her student teaching assignment. Is that normal? We're a bit concerned that she won't get a placement this semester - which makes me crazy!! Hopefully she'll hear something soon one way or the other so that we can move on with plans. Ugh!

I've got so much stamping I need to get done today - Denise's Hometown Tour challenge is included in my "to do" list. Guess I'd better get busy!