Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree277Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #481
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by garkarlon View Post
It's the July issue, Pat! I have another card coming out in the September issue, too!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #482
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls. I just got home from work. Eliot and I are out on the patio enjoying the sunshine. I'm also drinking a nice cold adult beverage! It was a really, really long week and next week is shaping up to be more of the same. I'm really going to have to savor the weekend.
So much chatting lately I haven't been keeping up very well. Stacey, my company did a healthcare "audit" a while back and my understanding is that they do this to ensure the company isn't insuring people they don't have to so they can keep costs down. If your kid is over 23 or 25 or whatever it is now, they don't want to still be insuring them. Or if you and your spouse got divorced and he's not eligible anymore, etc. They're very careful about only doing what they absolutely have to!

Karo, I'm so excited about the twine. But please don't injure yourself packaging it all up! If you lose your stampin' arm, what good is the twine?

So happy to hear about all your publishing feats. I hardly ever buy the magazines, but I will at least try to check them out in the store!

That's it for me for now. I see there's a mini VSN underway, and a challenge there that actually got me somewhat inspired, so I may do that, along with trying to catch up on my hometown visit cards.

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Old 07-30-2010, 05:13 PM   #483
Glitter Guru

Adult beverages on the patio sounds heavenly, Mish. I got happy mail today - a prize that I won for a challenge this week (a mini deck of DeLovely - love it!), a book that I ordered (the sequel to Less Than Zero - should be a juicy one!), and Mr. Brown showed up with my PTI stuff. I had to slap him a few times, but unfortunately he liked it. Ugh! LOL The doofus drove by my house three times - he must be new. It's sad when I sit at my desk and I can hear the sound of the truck coming up the street. You think he stops at my house too often? LOL Okay, back to whining . . . I mean twining! LOL
Old 07-30-2010, 05:19 PM   #484
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay for happy mail! I love DeLovely. I need to use more of mine - it just looks so summery and fabulous. Glad the PTI finally came! New books are also awesome. I just started the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but the last few nights I haven't been able to get more than a page or so in before falling asleep!

--Henri Matisse
Old 07-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #485
Die Cut Diva

Mish, you sound like me when reading books. I am lucky to get through a chapter a week! I'm reading "Bag of Bones" by Stephan King. It took a little getting into, but now it is great! The main character is a novelist, and the story is in first person so I often forget that Stephan King wrote it and think that I am reading the main character's story. So far it's not as "out there" as some of his books can be, so that probably helps me forget who the real author of the book is.

Oh, the health care audit thing, yeah, really not happy about it now. At first I thought I just had to send in the first page of our 1040 from last year (since we filled jointly and claimed the kids as dependents) -, well no, now they want the kids birth certificates to prove that they are eligible. Helllooo, remember when we added the one to the insurance back in 2001??? Did care for her birth certificate then did ya? Nope, just took our word on it. There is conflicting information between the packets I got in the mail and what I got via email - - not sure yet if a photocopy will do. I have until Aug 13, so if they won't accept a faxed copy Monday I have time to correct it. Unfortunately it's not just a matter of taking the certified copies to work one day. All I have to say is it's all a pain in the butt.

Mish, I could use one of your adult beverages about now...oh and Karo, can I come over and we can whine together??

Old 07-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #486
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lou's View Post
Mish, you sound like me when reading books. I am lucky to get through a chapter a week! I'm reading "Bag of Bones" by Stephan King. It took a little getting into, but now it is great! The main character is a novelist, and the story is in first person so I often forget that Stephan King wrote it and think that I am reading the main character's story. So far it's not as "out there" as some of his books can be, so that probably helps me forget who the real author of the book is.

Oh, the health care audit thing, yeah, really not happy about it now. At first I thought I just had to send in the first page of our 1040 from last year (since we filled jointly and claimed the kids as dependents) -, well no, now they want the kids birth certificates to prove that they are eligible. Helllooo, remember when we added the one to the insurance back in 2001??? Did care for her birth certificate then did ya? Nope, just took our word on it. There is conflicting information between the packets I got in the mail and what I got via email - - not sure yet if a photocopy will do. I have until Aug 13, so if they won't accept a faxed copy Monday I have time to correct it. Unfortunately it's not just a matter of taking the certified copies to work one day. All I have to say is it's all a pain in the butt.

Mish, I could use one of your adult beverages about now...oh and Karo, can I come over and we can whine together??
Absolutely!! Come on over, sistah! LOL
Old 07-31-2010, 02:06 PM   #487
Glitter Guru

Default All Done!

Okay, sweet friends - I have good news and bad news. First for the good news - all of the twine that I have in my possession is cut, wrapped and ready to mail. The bad news is that both of the green bolts (Green Apple and Pea Pod) were short in excess of 30 yds. Isn't that weird? I've made contact with Divine Twine, and she has agreed to send me another bolt of the Green Apple Twine and 30 yds. of the Orange. I have an email into The Twinery, but haven't heard back from anyone yet. In the meantime, I'll get the packages put together for you all and have them ready for mailing on Monday. I'll also calculate what everyone owes me, and send you a PM. Is everyone able to accept a Pay Pal invoice? I've never done that, but I'm willing to see if I can figure it out. I feel like that's the easiest way. Let me know if any of you have any questions!
Attached Thumbnails
twine_edited-1.jpg  
Old 07-31-2010, 02:09 PM   #488
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

Woweee Wow Wowwwww Karo!!!! Loooookeeeee at all the fun Twine!! I'm fine with PayPal. All you do is "request money" and then put in the e-mail address, as long as they have a PayPal account it will all go thru super quick! You are awwwwwweeeeesome!!!!!!

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
Old 07-31-2010, 02:20 PM   #489
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
Woweee Wow Wowwwww Karo!!!! Loooookeeeee at all the fun Twine!! I'm fine with PayPal. All you do is "request money" and then put in the e-mail address, as long as they have a PayPal account it will all go thru super quick! You are awwwwwweeeeesome!!!!!!
Okay, so I guess I'll need everyone's email addresses. I assume it's the email address they use when using PayPal, right? Sending a PM in a few. Thanks for the help, Lee!
Old 07-31-2010, 02:27 PM   #490
Glitter Guru

oh! Look at all the pretty twine! I can't wait to get it! I can pay through PayPal, Karolyn!
Old 07-31-2010, 02:56 PM   #491
Stazon Splitcoast

Oooh, Karolyn, it's beautiful!!!! I can PayPal. I'll PM you my email.

--Henri Matisse
Old 07-31-2010, 03:46 PM   #492
Glitter Guru

PayPal is pretty slick!! Sent out four invoices, and already got paid by two peeps! Thanks, girlies!! LOL Back to my sorting!
Old 07-31-2010, 03:55 PM   #493
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

I know! I love PayPal! Instant gratification! Well, except waiting for deliveries especially for Karolyn with her incompetent delivery guy! LOL

Stamp TV!
Old 07-31-2010, 04:02 PM   #494
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I know! I love PayPal! Instant gratification! Well, except waiting for deliveries especially for Karolyn with her incompetent delivery guy! LOL

I'm with you. I love paying when I buy something and not having to put it on my credit card and having to pay later.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:05 PM   #495
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Hahahaha! That was me on Friday! LOL
Old 08-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #496
Glitter Guru

Yesterday I played with Picasa for about two hours to try to figure out how to make my card photos look better. Now I wish I could replace all the photos in my gallery! LOL Anyway, at least from now on they will look better starting with my hometown card for Jacqueline's challenge.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #497
Gallery Gazer

I haven't tried to manipulate cards in Picassa - I used it for images but haven't done so in quite a while. Maybe I'll give it another looksie.

I've been using the Olympus software that came with my camera. Works ok but it takes a while to download and edit.

Fun hometown tours so far. I've got to work on my Florida cards.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #498
Die Cut Diva

splitcoaststampers
don't mind me, just testing something out

Old 08-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #499
Die Cut Diva

cool, it worked!

Old 08-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #500
Stazon Splitcoast

what'd you figure out, stacey??

--Henri Matisse
Old 08-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #501
Die Cut Diva

I was doing my write up for the home town tour and was able to link something in word, then copy and paste to the forum, it kept the link! I wasn't sure, so I wanted to check before I linked everything then had to re-link it here.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #502
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Whew! I *finally* finished the DTGD challenges tonight. Tomorrow i can start on the hometown challenges! I decided to do a stamp spending freeze for 2 months or until i make 50 cards, whichever is longer. I need all the challenges I can get to not make it last 6 months!

Gallery Blog

Not so patiently waiting for Doctor Who.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #503
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Way to go Paula!!!! Oh my gosh are you incredible finishing all those challenges with your two active boys!!!!! You are my hero!!!!!

I may have to join you in that freeze. Our renters skipped July's rent payment and are promising to catch up but he lost his job. And one month was all we can afford to pay for them since our son gets his license and our daughter starts Sophomore year of college next month! My hubby feels so stressed since they're a nice family and the economy just sucks! I just hope we can avoid a foreclosure! Here's hoping something positive comes along for that situation!!!!

We're in Denver since hubby has some work at the office I can help with and then we have to pick up DD and her friends from DIA on Tuesday. It's rare I can earn actual income, but I feel good using that instead of the regular paycheck for my crafts when I can do that!! So I won't get to do anymore Hometown challenges til I get back home, but I'll be around!!

JACQ!!!! How you holdin' up???? I'm sooooo excited for you!!!!!!!

Stamp TV!
Old 08-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #504
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Crazy duplicate posting!!!! LOL

Stamp TV!
Old 08-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #505
Stazon Splitcoast

Way to go Paula! Congrats on getting the Dirty dare challenges done. And good luck with the spending freeze. I have been trying to use stuff up and only buy what I really need, but I have money set aside for a little splurge in August. Maybe I'll start my freeze in September!

Lee, hugs on the house situation! I hope it works out for you and for your renters. That's not a fun situation. Have a good day at work with your hubby!

I started my scrapbook for last year's trip to Alaska this weekend. I got all the stuff sorted and in some order, pulled out all the embellishments and made the first couple of pages. I'm excited to keep working on it. My goal is to complete the whole thing by September. We'll see how I do!

--Henri Matisse
Old 08-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #506
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Whew! I *finally* finished the DTGD challenges tonight. Tomorrow i can start on the hometown challenges! I decided to do a stamp spending freeze for 2 months or until i make 50 cards, whichever is longer. I need all the challenges I can get to not make it last 6 months!
Good girl - on both counts! LOL I assume that no buying policy applies AFTER you pay for your twine?!! LOL
Old 08-02-2010, 07:30 PM   #507

Ooh, Karo, you found out my evil plan.

Hugs about the house Lee! Hope they come up with the money. That's sad.

Michelle, thanks for all the gallery love! I hope you post pics of your AK layouts!

You all want to come to my house on the tour because I have homemade graham crackers and they are super yummy.

Gallery Blog

Old 08-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #508
Stazon Splitcoast

Homemade graham crackers? Yum! Are you gonna make homemade marshmallows to go with them? I love S'mores!
As for the AK layouts, well, I managed two pages last night, but still have to journal them. I'm working on the next two right now, but I'm not feeling them. I have so many pictures that it's a bit overwhelming! I'll post some of my faves either here or on my blog eventually.

--Henri Matisse
Old 08-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #509
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Ohhh I remember some of those photos you shared Mish!!! Spectacular!!!! I bet the pages are absolute heaven!!!

Paula.....homemade graham crackers? Sound yummy! I assume since I actually like store bought graham crackers that I'd REALLLY love homemade ones!!!!

Stamp TV!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #510
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Ooh, Karo, you found out my evil plan.

Hugs about the house Lee! Hope they come up with the money. That's sad.

Michelle, thanks for all the gallery love! I hope you post pics of your AK layouts!

You all want to come to my house on the tour because I have homemade graham crackers and they are super yummy.
Ummmm . . . I like graham crackers. Give me food, and I'll follow you anywhere! LOL
Old 08-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #511

The Traveling Stamps are on the road again. I didn't even get to send as much as i wanted the box was so full!

Gallery Blog

Old 08-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #512

Send a message via Skype™ to TexasGrammy
Smile

Hi there everyone!
Welcome to your new home at SCS, the brand new "Chat Box Fun" subforum!

Yes ... there's a "redirect" notice in your former thread location to help those who are not already "subscribed" to your thread. The notice will stay there for a week.

Y'all enjoy your new "chat forum" home!
You won't be mixed in between all the "game threads" now.
Have a lemonade & try to stay cool!

Inspiration from our SCS Creative Crew each month: Creative Crew Galleries! Bringing a month FULL of Creative Crew Gone Wild challenges in August!
Old 08-04-2010, 02:34 PM   #513
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

What a great idea Bev!!! Thanks!!!

Stamp TV!
Old 08-04-2010, 02:34 PM   #514

Send a message via Skype™ to TexasGrammy

{{{hugs}}}

Inspiration from our SCS Creative Crew each month: Creative Crew Galleries! Bringing a month FULL of Creative Crew Gone Wild challenges in August!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #515
Glitter Guru

Hooray! I got my twine today! The colors are so pretty!

I've spent a lot of time this summer trying to get my ribbons organized. I hate it when I have little or giant spools that don't fit in any of my ribbon cases, so I looked at various systems for storing ribbon. I found one I thought would work for me, but I didn't want to have to pay for all the plastic circles, so I tried punching them out of heavy cardstock which turned out to be better than plastic because I could write on it.

Anyway I have never attempted any kind of tutorial, but when I got my twine I wanted to make something to store it on. Here's my solution. I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Two -- the next to the biggest one. I also used the SU label punch and a hole punch. I cut the Nesties then punched the label (only half way in the punch) on the curved in side of the shape. Then I punched a hole in one end (in case I wanted to put them on a large ring.) Then I wrapped the twine (no I'm not finished yet) and cut a little snip in the other end to hold the loose end. See the pictures below.
Attached Thumbnails
step-1-n-p.jpg   step-2-finished.jpg   step-3-wrapped-twine.jpg  
Old 08-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #516
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by casep View Post
Hooray! I got my twine today! The colors are so pretty!

I've spent a lot of time this summer trying to get my ribbons organized. I hate it when I have little or giant spools that don't fit in any of my ribbon cases, so I looked at various systems for storing ribbon. I found one I thought would work for me, but I didn't want to have to pay for all the plastic circles, so I tried punching them out of heavy cardstock which turned out to be better than plastic because I could write on it.

Anyway I have never attempted any kind of tutorial, but when I got my twine I wanted to make something to store it on. Here's my solution. I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Two -- the next to the biggest one. I also used the SU label punch and a hole punch. I cut the Nesties then punched the label (only half way in the punch) on the curved in side of the shape. Then I punched a hole in one end (in case I wanted to put them on a large ring.) Then I wrapped the twine (no I'm not finished yet) and cut a little snip in the other end to hold the loose end. See the pictures below.
Girl, you are too smart for color TV!! Love this idea - how clever are you?!! And it looks so yummy wrapped like that.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #517
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Oh I will totally copy that idea for the twine!!!! Hmmm............still figuring out what to do with my 8.4 tons of ribbon!!!!

Stamp TV!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #518
Glitter Guru

I just finished wrapping all my twine! It is so pretty I just can't wait to use it!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #519
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

PAT!!! OMGOSH I had such a laugh when I opened your card and showed hubby!!!! Oh you definitely made my DAY!!!!! Thank you so very much!!!!

Stamp TV!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #520
Glitter Guru

You're very welcome, Lee. I had such a laugh at your cat story, I just couldn't resist.