Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree265Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #4001
Gallery Gazer

Default ugh!!

Someone went around us and bought that house! They went through their realtor who bypassed the sales office, which is not proper protocol, and they ended up snagging it. But, things still may work out. I have to get all the details but basically, the builder said we can pick out a lot and they'll build the same house with the added features at the same cost. Although it's going to put us out for about 3-4 months, they're going to put us up in one of the spec homes AND pay for our storage (pod) until our house is built. And, we'll have a brand new house. The timing will be a little inconvenient because now we'll be moving in just before the holidays which is what I didn't want to do. I'll post more once I get all the details.

Now I'm praying our buyer doesn't back out...active due diligence expires on June 7. Fingers crossed.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #4002
Stazon Splitcoast

I figure when something important happens, you all WILL let me know. So, Happy Sunday!

Old 06-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #4003
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't win the lottery, Jean. But I promise I will let you all know if I did.
Still applying for jobs. Passed the "meets minimum qualifications" test on the best one I've applied for so far.
Still trying on a daily basis not to tell my bosses to take their job and shove it.
In a holding pattern on a new place to live in hopes a job will miraculously materialize and point me in a direction regarding a new place to live.
Managed to make a couple cards last night. Trying to find a few minutes at least a couple times a week for some stamping therapy!
Not much else going on around here, except the weather's heating up.

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Old 06-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #4004
Stazon Splitcoast

Jacq, I'm crossing my fingers for you on the house. Just a few more days!

Pat, thank you for the adorable card. It made my day, and was just the advice I needed.

--Henri Matisse
casep likes this post.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #4005
Gallery Gazer

Yeah, everyone's been quiet lately. Well, we found out the builder isn't paying for our temporary move, we'll have to find an apartment for a couple of months, but this way, we'll get something unfurnished and just store our stuff there. We really only need a place to sleep and eat (and stamp). We're going to rough it for a bit, I guess. But in the end, we'll have a brand new house with plenty of space for everyone. And, I get my OWN craft room once again!

We're going to go with the same plan and features of the house we saw but asked for a refrigerator, stone finishes around the exterior and money towards closing costs. We met with the sales agent Saturday and picked out our lot and we'll find out tomorrow if they'll comp the requested items. Once we sign the contract we go to the design studio and start choosing all our finishes, cabinets, carpets/floors, exterior colors, etc. We already have all of our itms in mind so we don't get sucked in with too many choices and added expenses. A business associate in the water conservation industry is comping us three high efficiency toilets so I also asked the builder for upgraded padding for the carpets since we're providing the toilets.

Joe said I can take a bunch of my stamping stuff to the apartment but some has to go in storage. Hmmmm, decisions decisions. Copics and MFT stuff definitely coming with. I packed most of my SU! Sets and scrapbooking stuff and can manage with a "few" things. I'll also still have my computer and silhoutte so maybe I can figure out how to use the darn thing without chomping up all my cardstock. Ugh, still having issues with that thing.

Anyhoo, I guess instead of quality stamping time, I'll be spending most of my free time packing. And unpacking. And packing (and moving) and unpacking again. Did I mention we'll also have the kids too for a good part of the time for the summer while all this is going on? Should be great for my nerves!!
Old 06-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #4006
Stazon Splitcoast

You can do it, Jacq! While you're all cramped together in your apartment, just keep picturing the bliss you'll feel when you finally have your own stamp room!

So glad things are working out for you. I'll cross my fingers your comps go through.

--Henri Matisse
casep likes this post.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #4007
Glitter Guru

Our power went out at 5:15 while I was cooking dinner. Fortunately I had canned chicken and could whip up some Cobb salads. It turned out to be the box next door. We have underground utilities. So the electric company is installing a new box and hopes to have it done by 11:00 tonight. It's a little warm, but not unbearable. I'm going to go to bed now.

Hang in there Jacque and Michelle. Better times are coming.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:10 AM   #4008
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I guess a lot IS happening. Hang in there Jacq. Things are moving in the right direction for you. Michelle, you know as much as you (and I) would love to see you tell your employers where to place their job, it would be a financial jolt, so hang in there. With all this positive kharma (except for Pat's electricity) floating around, something is BOUND to happen. Have you considered relocation to other parts of the country?

Thank you for the cards, as well, Pat. They were a welcome surprise.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #4009
Glitter Guru

Have I mentioned lately how delightful my second graders are? Today we had our end-of -the-year party. I bought all the decorations at the party store for a beach themed party. I chose plates & table cloth with flip flops and bought plastic buckets with shovels for serving dishes, etc. Anyway, while the party was in full swing. I heard one child say to the other children in his group, "Ms. Case throws the best parties." And the other children all said, "Yes, the best!" It's amazing to me that I can make so many children happy with so little effort. Needless to say, we all had a great time, and then we went to music and square danced. (I wanted them to learn the Virginia Reel, so I had to stay to help.) So much fun!!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #4010
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by casep View Post
Have I mentioned lately how delightful my second graders are?
Today we had our end-of -the-year party. I bought all the decorations at the party store for a beach themed party. I chose plates & table cloth with flip flops and bought plastic buckets with shovels for serving dishes, etc. Anyway, while the party was in full swing. I heard one child say to the other children in his group, "Ms. Case throws the best parties." And the other children all said, "Yes, the best!" It's amazing to me that I can make so many children happy with so little effort. Needless to say, we all had a great time, and then we went to music and square danced. (I wanted them to learn the Virginia Reel, so I had to stay to help.) So much fun!!
Fun Pat. They'll remember that they had fun parties. I still remember my second grade teacher, Miss Jablonsky. She was always so nice. She even invited me and classmate to her house for spaghetti dinner. I remember her little doodles too that she put on our papers when we did well. I loved my fourth and sixth grade teachers too. Third grade, not so much. She was crabby all the time.

My reign as HOA president has come to an end as of tonight. I stepped down to concentrate on packing, etc. I agreed to stay on the board for a couple of weeks to help with the transition.

We're working out a few details on the house before we sign the contract. So far, they agreed to the stone accents around the garage and the fridge and upgraded carpets/padding. We're thinking of staying with my mom & dad for a couple of months rather than getting an apartment. The amount they want for short term leases are absolutely, astronomically ridiculous! We'll have a bit of a commute to/from Calabash but itll be fun down there.
casep and naturecoastcrafter like this post.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #4011
Stazon Splitcoast

We're pretty much out of Tropical Storm Andrea now. We had about 2 minutes of high winds and the rain was never torrential. I am laughing out loud at the 24 hour media coverage of this. They are riding around finding old delapidated sheds and barns and passing them off as storm damage. They are that hard up. We have had quite a few tornadoes in the center of the state. I hope everyone survived those pretty well. The sun is shining right now and I'm getting ready for Pat to come for VSN. Did you all see where the 84 year old lady from Zephyrhills, Florida won the 599 million dollar lottery. She got her ducks in a row and waited two weeks to claim it. She walked out yesterday with somewhere close to 400 million yesterday and the government is getting 92 million dollars of that. The slime is starting to look for her already and they can't find her. Smart lady.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #4012
Stazon Splitcoast

Did you all see that Karolyn is in the Gallery Idol Top 20. I know she lurks around here every once in awhile, so thought I'd mention it.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #4013
Gallery Gazer

Yeah, they got everybody "bracing" for Andrea here. They've already cancelled school for tomorrow...it's the kids' LAST day! It is very calm right now, humid. Joey "graduated" from 8th grade today. They had a little awards ceremony at school this morning. Tomorrow starts their first 2 week summer rotation.I got them signed up for Y camp next week, then they'll spend time with the grandparents the following week.

We told them about the house and that we'll be staying in Calabash this summer...I think they're excited. We've been talking about getting a house since we got married but were waiting for the economy to improve a little. Our patience panned out. We're hoping to reach an agreement with the builder so we can sign the contract this weekend and get started.
casep likes this post.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #4014
Gallery Gazer

It's raining now and there is a light breeze.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #4015
Stazon Splitcoast

I am glad the storm hasn't amounted to much so far. They were sure making a big deal on the news this morning, but then I was busy all day and never heard about it again.

Yay! For house progress, Jacq. Glad you have a plan worked out.

I have tomorrow off but have to work Saturday. I have a full plate of stuff to do, including a couple of more job apps. My mom and sister are coming for a visit in 10 days so I also have to scrub the house from top to bottom. It was kind of a last-minute trip so I don't have much time to prepare!

--Henri Matisse
Old 06-07-2013, 04:32 AM   #4016
Stazon Splitcoast

Michelle, they are coming to see you, not your house. If it's a big deal for them, wrap up some cleaning rags and 409 and tell them to have fun! If you give them shelter and clean sheets, they are not allowed to grouse.

jacqueline and eliotstamps like this post.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:34 AM   #4017
Stazon Splitcoast

That being said, I did shovel out my house a little for Pat's visit! Just to make room for the accoutrement she will bring with her!

Old 06-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #4018
Gallery Gazer

Happy Friday everyone!!! School ended up not being canelled...they retracted the earlier closure. So far it's been nothing more than a rainstorm we'd usually get. No biggie.

OK, i've really got A LOT of stamping stuff. How am I ever going to decide what to take to mom's? I think I'll be forced to whittle my choices down a bit more, some things will have to go in storage. It's the cardstock and 6x6 paper pads that are bogging me down. I already plan on taking: my Copics, all my dies and embossing folders, cuttlebug, silhouette, sewing machine, ribbon, stickles/misters/EP, Prisma pencils, tools...ok, can probably live without all the big punches. It's just narrowing down the cardstock...don't need it all, but how to decide? The 6x6 pads will be more difficult but I suppose I could start by separating out Valentine's day and Christmas pads for now. I don't need to take all my inks, my mom has some and I've been using MFT over SU! Ink lately so there aren't as many to move. Now that I think of it, what about all my embellishments? How do I know what I might want to use? Oi vay.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #4019
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline View Post
Happy Friday everyone!!! School ended up not being canelled...they retracted the earlier closure. So far it's been nothing more than a rainstorm we'd usually get. No biggie.

OK, i've really got A LOT of stamping stuff. How am I ever going to decide what to take to mom's? I think I'll be forced to whittle my choices down a bit more, some things will have to go in storage. It's the cardstock and 6x6 paper pads that are bogging me down. I already plan on taking: my Copics, all my dies and embossing folders, cuttlebug, silhouette, sewing machine, ribbon, stickles/misters/EP, Prisma pencils, tools...ok, can probably live without all the big punches. It's just narrowing down the cardstock...don't need it all, but how to decide? The 6x6 pads will be more difficult but I suppose I could start by separating out Valentine's day and Christmas pads for now. I don't need to take all my inks, my mom has some and I've been using MFT over SU! Ink lately so there aren't as many to move. Now that I think of it, what about all my embellishments? How do I know what I might want to use? Oi vay.

Jacq, don't take anything your mom might already have. And I wouldn't take any 6x6 pads or patterned paper that are more than a few months old. Odds are, you'll choose the newer stuff over the older stuff when you want to make stuff. And I would go through the dies and Cuttlebug folders, too, and weed out the ones you don't use often or at all. I have a set of apple nestabilities, for example, and I would pack those because I've only used them a couple times. Cardstock really is the hardest, but maybe take just your MFT cardstock and not all your SU or other brands? Think of it as a summer-long limited supply challenge!

--Henri Matisse
naturecoastcrafter likes this post.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #4020
Gallery Gazer

Thanks Michelle...packing my craft room is the most daunting task...everything else is just getting packed and labeled. You're right about the cardstock and paper...I don't need to take all my scrap boxes, winter colors, etc. Plus, I'm sure I'll acquire new stuff over the next few months
eliotstamps likes this post.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #4021
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Thought I'd recap my crazy weekend for you. Friday was supposed to be my day off; I slept in until almost 10 which was amazing! I had a long list of things to get done, but I had to do some work first, which was annoying.
When I was done, I treated myself to lunch out and had a lovely meal on the outdoor patio at one of the mall restaurants. Then I decided to check the clearance racks at Macy's and scored two tops and a nightgown for a grand total of $37! Had to stop at Target for essentials, then got home around 7, where I discovered I had wandered around all day with a giant size sticker running down the back of my pant leg! So embarrassing. They were new pants, but I thought I had checked them for tags and stickers. Guess not!

Saturday I got to cover a concert by Neon Trees, which is a pretty big band now, but got started in our area. They played a homecoming show at one of the high schools. I didn't get to meet the band - our music writer did that - but I did get to see a great show. It was a lot of fun.

Today I am mostly doing laundry and the regular weekly chores. My mom and sis get here a week from Wednesday! Also need to complete another job application tonight. I am starting to get some nibbles of interest, but not much else so far. Hopefully one of them actually takes!

Hope you all had a great weekend, too.

--Henri Matisse
resqbarbie likes this post.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #4022
Gallery Gazer

Giant sticker...nice! Michelle, one time I was strutting across the dance floor (sleek, wearing all black) thinking I was "all that" only to discover a had about a four foot stream of toilet paper stuck to my shoe. Classy!

Neon Trees...Everybody talks too much (right)? Fun gig. Good for you (even though you didn't get to meet the band).

Well, I'm officially $1,000 poorer...we signed the contract on our house today! Joe and I are going to the design studio Thursday afternoon to make all our color, flooring, cabinet, etc. choices. We already have a pretty good idea of what extras/upgrades we want so we don't get sidetracked or wooed by all the options. I'm trying to get on my other computer so I can post a pic of the house we're going to build. There's one in another neighborhood that we liked so we'll probably go with the same exterior...pretty tradional colors. Hopefully they'll break ground soon...most likely by the end of the month.

Hope you're all having a swell weekend. I wanted to do some of the VSN challenges but I was too busy packing. Got a ton done though. And, I didn't realize until we went to set the table for dinner, I packed all the placemats and hot pads. Doh!

Last edited by jacqueline; 06-09-2013 at 04:38 PM..
Old 06-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #4023
Gallery Gazer

OK, here it is (or, will be)...I wish it was a little sunnier out (it looks a little overcast).
Attached Thumbnails
chez-valade.jpg  
mrslaird, casep and resqbarbie like this post.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #4024
Stazon Splitcoast

It's fantastic, Jacq! I love the little front porch and the red door. So excited for you guys! I know it'll be hard to be in temporary quarters, but it is definitely worth it for this!

--Henri Matisse
Old 06-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #4025
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Hi guys! Did you all see the cool new "like" button!

Glad to hear things are working out for you Jacq! House is beautiful!

Hi Mish, Jean and Pat! I have survived another year of school! Gia did great on the FCAt's (4 in write and double 5's in math and reading) Chris did A's and B's but crapped out in language arts with a C due to his spelling and horrible handwriting! Tutor for the boy over the summer starts in 2 weeks!

We are planning another all day stamping retreat for a tentative date of September 28th.... I'll let you know when it's a definite. It was really fun last time!

Now off to NY and hopefully my new niece will come out to meet us before I have to turn around and come home!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:36 AM   #4026
Stazon Splitcoast

Jacquie that is great news and the house is really cool. I am so excited for you and Joe and the family. Woohoo.
Mish, what a hoot. I think we've all had to laugh at ourselves with similar stories. Still hoping for a new job to surface for you.
Pat was here for VSN. We had a good time. She did most of the challenges. I think I did seven. No one was commenting much or chatting, but the challenges were fun this time.
Have fun in New York, Denise. Safe journeys.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #4027
Gallery Gazer

Denise...is that you? Have a fun, safe trip to NY.

Just wanted to mention that the boys started YMCA day camp this week and LOVE it!! They had so much fun yesterday and were both chatterboxes when I picked them up. It's good for them to be involved in group activities instead of being with the same kids all the time and/or playing on the computer, watching cartoons, etc.

I wanted to do a few of the VSN challenges but just couldn't find the time this weekend. We've got too much going on. Glad Jean and Pay got to get some fun crafty time in.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #4028
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree, Jacquie. My 10 year old niece just texted me and my first thought was, Why isn't she outside on this beautiful day or reading a book instead of texting me!!!!!

Old 06-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #4029
Glitter Guru

I just bought a badminton set!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #4030
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I just bought a badminton set!
Fun! I used to play badminton with my friend after school (high school).
Old 06-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #4031
Gallery Gazer

Got the boys signed up for a second week of camp...starts tomorrow. They loved it last week and asked if they could go again this week. It's great...they're active all day and they're in bed by 9:00 at the latest. It's been our saving grace! Especially with everything else we've got going on.

I've been a packing maniac. Made a big dent in my craft room (although one would never guess). We're waiting for a larger climate controlled storage unit to open up this week and we'll start moving the furniture and big stuff out. Then we'll have to make a few runs to Calabash. We need to rent a truck so we can do it in one or two trips.

We went to the design studio and picked out most of our stuff for the house. I got stuck on the kitchen countertops and carpeting but finally decided. I knew basically what I wanted then started second guessing my decisions once we got there. We made sensible choices when it came to upgrades...better carpet padding, upgraded carpeting, 9ft. ceilings, a utility sink in the garage, raised vanity in the master bath, an extra corner cabinet in the kitchen to utilize dead space in the cupboard, and a few other things. We want it to be nice without it being too expensive. This is not our forever home...that'll be in Florida in about 10 years.

Well, break time's over...back to packing.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #4032
Glitter Guru

Hello everyone!

My hair had not been cut since about October so it was long overdue. So on Thursday I walked into a salon to have it cut and had my haircut by the stylist for Bozo the Clown. Pic attached in case you forgot what Bozo's hair looked like. Yesterday I went to another salon and got it fixed. Now I have normal looking hair again. Yay!
Attached Thumbnails
bozo.jpg  
jacqueline and resqbarbie like this post.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #4033
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Hello everyone!

My hair had not been cut since about October so it was long overdue. So on Thursday I walked into a salon to have it cut and had my haircut by the stylist for Bozo the Clown. Pic attached in case you forgot what Bozo's hair looked like. Yesterday I went to another salon and got it fixed. Now I have normal looking hair again. Yay!
Sorry to hear of your salon mishap Pat. Glad to hear you were able to fix it. It sucks, I know. If it's any consolation, it couldn't have been worse than my little orphan Annie perm in 9th grade! Seriously, red hair and all. OMG. As if it werent bad enough being a fresman in a new school, and having braces. Ugh, the memories.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #4034
Stazon Splitcoast

My mom and sis got here this morning for a visit. They are both napping now since they had to get up at 2:30 a.m. We are headed to Disneyland tomorrow for a couple days, and then will do tourist stuff in town before I start packing boxes! It's good to have a little breather before all the big changes begin!

--Henri Matisse
Old 06-20-2013, 03:50 AM   #4035
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliotstamps View Post
My mom and sis got here this morning for a visit. They are both napping now since they had to get up at 2:30 a.m. We are headed to Disneyland tomorrow for a couple days, and then will do tourist stuff in town before I start packing boxes! It's good to have a little breather before all the big changes begin!
Yes it is good to have a breather Michelle. I haven't had one in weeks.

We got the movers lined up for this weekend to help with the big stuff. We were originally supposed to close on July 15 and the buyers agent called last week to ask if we could move it up to the third. We've been packing like crazy and are ready to get out. My agent called yesterday to say the buyers agent made a mistake, oops, they wanted to close on the 12th. I'm getting to the end of my rope with this buyer and her agent. We scrambled and made all these plans to be out sooner! It's not like he called that morning...it was last week!! So pi $$ ed.

We're still planning on getting out this weekend but now I have to pay more for hoa dues, utilities, etc. For a half a month instead of 3 days. Ba $ t@rds.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:59 AM   #4036
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Jacq, that is annoying. Jerks!

--Henri Matisse
jacqueline likes this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #4037
Glitter Guru

So sorry, Jacqueline. Always difficult dealing with buyers & agents. When we bought our other house the sellers told us at closing that they wanted to live in the house for another month because their house wasn't ready. Our agent made them pay us rent because we'd already signed the papers and the house was ours. Soon it will be over!
Old 06-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #4038
Gallery Gazer

We're just about moved out...the movers were here today to load all of our stuff in storage except for what we're taking with us to Calabash. They've been here since 11:00 this morning. They've got a few more things to load and they'll be done. Joe and I will get the truck again tomorrow to load the stuff for Calabash.

I've already decided I'm not going to work on Monday The hard part is just about behind us. So glad we paid for movers...I'm wiped out just from packing and being up early this morning. I'm thinking about dinner now...take out of course. Piper has been so good all day (except for now, she's trying to hump my arm while I'm typing, silly dog). She's been very clingy. Does she think I'm going to pack her and put her in storage?

I can't wait to unpack our stuff at my parents so I can stamp. Seriously, I am going through withdrawls!!! I even have a bunch of new goodies that I haven't even gotten to use yet. It'll be like new all over again. I'm going to wrap it up and put it in the mailbox at mom's. LOL.

Have a great weekend everyone.
eliotstamps likes this post.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #4039
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I know how you feel Jacq....going for a few weeks without stamping was crazy!

Back form NY had a great trip! My niece was born the day before we left so I got plenty of baby time! Valentina was born on 6/11 7 lbs. 13 oz. 19 1/2 inches. My brother is shocking the crap out of everyone by being awesome and so comfortable. My sister in law on the other hand is managing to breast feed but not much else after an unanticipated c-section. Not to mention she is scared as crap! LOL
My other niece is a pip, she only wanted to be with Chris so now he is known as the baby-whisperer. Sad to leave though....but anyway the summer starts NOW!

Going to Honeymoon Island? on Tuesday....some beach on the gulf that you can bring dogs to...we'll see how it goes. Then we are going to see Winter, the dolphin form the movie over in Clearwater. SO starts our summer of SEEING Florida. Any suggestions for other places Jean and Pat?

PS when can we get together guys?

PPS I likie the LIKE button!
jacqueline and eliotstamps like this post.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #4040
Gallery Gazer

So glad you got to see baby Valentina...pretty name too. Baby whisperer LOL I'm a cat whisperer.