Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Cat-what a great photo! Love photos like that also....So proud of Reynold!!

I had a great day. I got the laundry done and also took a test online that is required for the online school I am hoping to get into. Oh boy, the math was difficult! Does not come naturally to me. Had to do four parts; math, language, write an essay and then, just an assessment on how I learn best.

The program is reasonable. Workplace will not help until 2015.... You have to be there a while, evidently. So I think given this one is reasonable...if I get in, I will start.

Ran a few errands and now, just relaxing with the fire on, with the cat. I even turned off the TV- after being on the phone all week, silence is golden!!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #42
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Sherry what an exciting time for you! Do you love the house?
I so hope all works out for you!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #43
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

My fireplace has a pilot light also. My bill does go up in the winter...but I am able to turn the heat down. My place is not that large, so when the fire is on it can get to 80 in here, if I don't watch it.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

80 sounds nice. We keep it at 62 here. Have no choice. My house is super drafty and propane is so expensive!

We had pizza burgers for dinner. Well, I had mine plain. I have a beautiful artichoke to eat but since I can't taste anything.....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #45
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina - love the picture! I have to go through my photos. I'm behind by several years. And I have some of my grandparents that I want to get in frames and put up in our family room. I need to get moving on that. There is always something else that comes first, though. Lately, that includes stamping - I've been loving it! Even cleaning up after myself is a pleasure. If it keeps me sane and not depressed, I'll take it.

Jen - I have being sick and not being able to taste anything. I love my food. Obviously! Or I would be as large as I am!

Sherry - best of luck with the house. I dread the idea of having to go through our place if we had to move. THAT would put me in a deep depression for sure. We all have entirely too much stuff here. I am just not a very organized person.

Hedgie - I used to love to talk on the phone. But when we lived in CA my job involved me being on the phone a lot during the day (probably not as much as you) but it completely turned me off. I really don't like talking on the phone anymore. Sad, really, but true.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #46
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

The home party was fun!! The product sounds fabulous and I'm going to order some. It has so many health benefits. Here's the website if you want to know more: Lifemax Mila - Miracle Seed

Stayed at Grandma's all day. Had lunch, played cards, did some housework and then we went to a thrift store and out to dinner at a local pizza place. It was really yummy!! I brought home their signature flourless chocolate cake (and a cannoli!) and I'm going to go watch tv and enjoy my evening. Brandon should be home tomorrow in time for the game.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #47
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Thanks for the info Jennifer, will check this site out!

Has anyone had the shellac manicure?
Well after two in a row..about 3-4 weeks apart- My nails are now weaker than ever, without the polish. Not going there...
Old 02-03-2013, 05:03 AM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

Cat - Thank you for the beautiful card! I love the old pictures too. Such memories. My mom wrote the date on pictures as well. Most times, who was in the picture and what the occasion was too. We didn't take as many pictures back then as we do now with our digital devices. Too expensive to develope and print--and you never knew if they turned out until developed!

Hedgie - sorry work has been so stressful. I saw first hand how busy the ER was when Ken was in the hospital. I was using hand sanitizer constantly! I didn't want to get sick. I haven't had a shellac but my friend has. She liked it. I think whenever you add chemicals to your nails

Jennifer - love the new haircut!

Sherry - good luck on the house. My neighbors have their house up for sale and the work they had to do decluttering - OMG. I'm starting now! Going through each room as time and energy allows "grand plan cleaning" it. So far only the dining room and the living room have been completed. But it's made a big difference already.

Joanne - I don't like talking on the phone much either. Too much time on the phone during my jobs.

Jen - hope you feel better soon. Sorry about the stressful week.

Nikki - too bad you had to stay through the class with the bad weather!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless ~ Mother Teresa
Old 02-03-2013, 05:04 AM   #49
Stazon Splitcoast

Ken just told me we would have won the powerball - IF we combined three of our lines. Ha ha.

Alison is making me a birthday breakfast. So hard not to help!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless ~ Mother Teresa
Old 02-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #50
New Mommy

Happy Birthday Liz!!!

I hope you have an enjoyable, relaxing day!!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LIZ!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #52
Die Cut Diva

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ!

I hope you have a most wonderful spoiled day!

Sherry
Old 02-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #53
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday Liz!! Hope it's the start of a wonderful year ahead!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #54
Stazon Splitcoast

Still wicked sick. Blech. Do have a bit of energy since I'm hopped up on Sudafed so I am trying to get some stuff done around the house so I can write my paper that is due tomorrow, well tomorrow! LOL
Old 02-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #55
Mad Swapper

Heart

***HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ ! ! ! ***

I hope you're having a GREAT day!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #56
Mad Swapper

I haven't gotten anything done lately. Just haven't felt good. As far as the Craft Room goes, I don't know what to do. I'm out of room, and need more storage!!!
Also, I have cards to make, and it I'm not getting that "FEELING" back!!!! I guess I'm depressed, and I can't force it out!!! I always get depressed around my birthday, and I think I need to climb under a rock until March. I think I need to call my counselor tomorrow. I hate to go, but I think I should.

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #57
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

happy birthday Liz hope you have a great day

Jen sorry your sick hope you get better soon

Linda HUGS to you

hope you all have a great Sunday DH is working today so not sure if he will watch superbowl or not since his FALCONS are not in it. . WOKE up to winter wonderland out there this morning. but looks like its all melted now though, i went to the store earlier this morning and it was only 34 degrees so i am sure thats why it all melted. well off to just read the paper and hang out on this day. going to be a lazy day for me today.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Happy Birthday, Liz! I hope you have a super day!
Breakfast served to you is a great way to begin!

The nail place keeps telling me how safe the shellac is and yes my nails looked great...but I think they are weaker.

Jen-feel better. It is hard to push forward when you don't feel well.

I hope everyone has a good day, no matter what you do. It is sunny here for a change. Almost too bright! Not used to it!!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #59
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hedgie, have been doing my own nails since I was preteen and on occasion in the last few years will go have a mani/pedi. However, have noticed that when I do, I end up with a nail fungus so my salon trips get fewer and fewer. Nails have to breathe otherwise they will become weaker. That is why I would think a shellac would not be healthy, just as acrylics damage nails. My mom had beautiful nails and then decided to give acrylics a try and her natural nails became awful.

If you lived nearby, it would be fun to give you a personal manicure.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #60
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Hopping on a plane right now, will be there for my mani!!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #61
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon all! Woke up to a little bit of snow. Mostly able to sweep it away. It still looks pretty - I'm surprised some of the trees still have snow covered branches. The sun is melting most of it on the walkways and roads.

Had a wonderful morning at church. We had our Soup-er Bowl luncheon. So many great soups. My favorite was a butternut squash - it had cream cheese in it - OH MY GOODNESS! There were lots of good ones, though. I hope we share recipes again like last year.

I am not at all into watching the game today. I hope to stamp! I've been feeling so much better when I can get in there. I guess I missed it more than I realized. I find that I'm cleaning up after myself more consistently, too. That way I'm not overwhelmed when I go in there.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #62
New Mommy

I'm not watching football today either. Don't care about the game or the commercials or who plays at halftime. Preston and I are going out shopping when the game comes on and Brandon can have the house to himself. I am making some fun snacky foods though - cream cheese wontons, Rotel Queso Dip, Flatbread tortilla pizza bites and football brownies.

We're heading to the park since it's a nice day. Preston's been saying 'Park' all morning - once he cleans up his toys, we're outta here!!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #63
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Enjoy the day, Jennifer. It is too cold to be outside here! LOL

I'm disappointed. I finally broke down and bought a humidifier to use in the living room. I decided the last two didn't work well because they were cheap so I bought a more expensive one. This one leaks, too! It is going back. I can't believe I've bought THREE different types/styles/brands/etc and had problems with all of theml
Old 02-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #64
Stazon Splitcoast

Back from our first party. It was a backyard ice skating party. What fun the boys had! They didn't get off the ice except to eat! They even had one of those outdoor heaters for the people standing around. Lots of yummy snacks and they ordered a bunch of pizza with different toppings which was fun. They also served adult hot chocolate with Godiva liquer! Yum! I just wish I had felt better!

Now how to rest before party #2!

Weird that both parties we're invited to today are friends who are doctors! We were joking that it was a good thing there were plenty of doctors around with all the kids falling while skating.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #65

going to the hospital to see my friend . she had another surgery on friday poor thing.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #66
Stazon Splitcoast

So sad Nichole.

I love my professor. She is giving me an extension on my legal brief since I am so sick. It's so technical you just can't read it and write a paper on it when you're all stuffheaded. I read what I wrote on Friday and I have to rewrite it since it is full of mistakes.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #67
New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Enjoy the day, Jennifer. It is too cold to be outside here! LOL

I'm disappointed. I finally broke down and bought a humidifier to use in the living room. I decided the last two didn't work well because they were cheap so I bought a more expensive one. This one leaks, too! It is going back. I can't believe I've bought THREE different types/styles/brands/etc and had problems with all of theml
We ended up going to 3 parks. The first one we went to I didn't like so we went to the one we usually go to and then walked to a third one. Preston had a blast. I told him he could run in the field and he chose to hold my hand and walk with me. So sweet. Stopped at Walmart for a few Valentine things I want to make and came home and had lunch. He's down for a nap and I might join him. All the food I'm making can be assembled and cooked quickly closer to game time. Still haven't heard from Brandon

We bought our humidifier from Home Depot. It was around $80 and I really like it and it doesn't leak. It's programmable and has a timer.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #68
Die Cut Diva

Pretty here today about 55. A little cloudy so looks cold, but it's not!

I finished a baby card for a friend to give, darn I wish I had taken a pic! Hate it when I forget!

Now working on Valentine Cards! I will take a pic in a minute and post!

thanks for all the good thoughts on the house. Burt loves it and Corrie loves it. I'm on the fence. I love where we live, but it has been going down the past couple of years. Too many rentals now! All the pros and cons to moving are Pros, but I just hate to move! I have lived here for 20 years, guess you can say I'm not good at change! We are supposed to find out tomorrow!

Sherry
Old 02-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #69
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkincolorado View Post
We ended up going to 3 parks. The first one we went to I didn't like so we went to the one we usually go to and then walked to a third one. Preston had a blast. I told him he could run in the field and he chose to hold my hand and walk with me. So sweet. Stopped at Walmart for a few Valentine things I want to make and came home and had lunch. He's down for a nap and I might join him. All the food I'm making can be assembled and cooked quickly closer to game time. Still haven't heard from Brandon

We bought our humidifier from Home Depot. It was around $80 and I really like it and it doesn't leak. It's programmable and has a timer.
That sounds really good. Can you tell me the brand?
Old 02-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #70
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Sherry - I like some change. But moving is a HUGE change. We've lived here 24 years (in March). You can imagine how much "stuff" we've accumulated. WAY too much. I get in the mood to purge and do but it is never enough.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #71

well didnt go today because friend was having some test done and she isnt back yet so will go visit tomorrow.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #72
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday Liz! Hope you are having a super dooper day. How was breakfast?

I don't watch the Super Bowl either. I would rather watch high school sports.

Joanne- I don't use humidifiers. The dehumidifier in the basement never shuts off. it is set at 45%.

Jen- That is great that the prof gave you extra time. You guys sure have a lot of fun. I am envious.

Jennifer- The high here was only 14 degrees and windy.

We are under another Winter Weather Advisory. More snow and high winds are on the way. it has snowed each day for the past 4 days. We need the moisture so I am happy. I usually do the shoveling. However, due to my painful heal I have not done it. I feel bad for DH.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #73
New Mommy

Quote:
That sounds really good. Can you tell me the brand?
Bionaire

This is the model we have: BCM658-U: Cool Mist Tower Humidifier with Permanent Filter
Old 02-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #74
Die Cut Diva

Nikki - I'm sorry your friend is back in the hospital! Prayer and good thoughts that she is home quickly!

Joanne - I know how you feel......back in August we did a big purge and had a garage sale with neighbors, but I'm still pulling stuff out. Corrie is on a roll. She really wants to move so she is helping me purge!

I hve the super bowl on. Not really watching. I did see the big bang commercial. Loved it! Big Bang is my favorite show right now.

Sherry
Old 02-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #75
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkincolorado View Post
Thank you! I'm going to tell Bill and look for it here.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #76
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
Hopping on a plane right now, will be there for my mani!!

We will keep the light on for ya!
Old 02-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #77
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Not a football fan, however, I am the exception with family & friends who are jumping for joy right now.... the Ravens leading 28 to 49ers 6. Somebody on the Ravens broke some kind of a running record for a kick-off return and made a touchdown.... since I have no clue....all this info courtesy of Reynold.

We are also working on our fourth puzzle (500 pieces) the box came with ten of them... a few 300, 500, 750 & 1000. All of them are the same size however the puzzle pieces get smaller and smaller.... I remember my dad love doing jigsaw puzzles as well as word games... guess, this means we are officially old.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #78
Stazon Splitcoast

How did I spend my birthday? I have had the most wonderful day.

First with Alison singing Happy Birthday, and making breakfast. It was delicious.

Then across the street to see my sweet precious grandneighbors,
cupcakes from House of Cupcakes and a lovely thoughtful gift--all related to my favorite thing to cook--SOUP!!. The girls sang Happy Birthday sweetly to me as well.

Then my BFF stopped by with two thoughtful books - The Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude and What Color is Your Parachute?

Next to drop Alison off at All-State practice, spent my wait time at Joann's browsing all the craft goodies, checking out the sewing machines, helping another customer select fabric for a quilt border (I'm good at color) and picked up a new CB folder, cupcake batter measurer, and yarn for ruffly scarves.

Time for a trip to Dunkin Donuts. Talked to Ken on the phone. Told me to go back and get the sewing machine! I did not question...went back to Joann's. Plenty of time to learn the machine for next season's colorguard flags!!!

Time to read my favorite author while waiting for Alison to finish. Then home to pizza and wings and watch the Superbowl commercials.

So many beatiful cards and FB birthday wishes from family and friends! Thank you to all who made my birthday so special. I love you.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #79
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Liz - sounds like you had a wonderful day! I'm glad - you deserve it!

Cat - I should be at your house. I could care less and really can't stand football. I'd love to be doing a puzzle with you. My husband (who never liked football) has decided watching the SuperBowl is a good thing. I'm bored. Playing computer games. I would stamp, but I prefer to do that in the daylight. I have several lights, including an Ott light, but it just isn't as pleasant. I struggle with colors and such.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #80
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Liz - sounds like you had a wonderful day! I'm glad - you deserve it!

Cat - I should be at your house. I could care less and really can't stand football. I'd love to be doing a puzzle with you. My husband (who never liked football) has decided watching the SuperBowl is a good thing. I'm bored. Playing computer games. I would stamp, but I prefer to do that in the daylight. I have several lights, including an Ott light, but it just isn't as pleasant. I struggle with colors and such.
Come on down.... leave the light on for you too.