Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Okay, on to page 2.... come out, come out Misfits wherever you are.

Btw, today at Union Station in DC, 46 mommas will be shaving for the brave at 5 pm. There will be a few mothers of my kids that I know who will be there. Hope they raise a ton of money, get some publicity and bring about more awareness for the kids!!

46 Mommas Shave For The Brave
Union Station - Washington, D.C.
By: ‎46 Mommas Shave for the Brave
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #42
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennifer - does the trainer stay with you during the training? I thought that was part of the "personal" part. I would think she should answer any questions. Good luck!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #43
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- Good luck to the moms. They have so much to deal with regarding their kids.
Nichole- I really hope things work out for the best. You have had so much to deal with over the past yr. I pray that there is a positive end to all of your situations. Work is so challenging for you! Don't you wish you could just go to work and do your job and not have to deal with all the pettiness?
Liz- So happy to see you!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Feel sick, tummy troubles, sinus troubles.....
Nothing serious!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #45
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Feel better soon Hedgie!

Hi Joan!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #46
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Jennifer - does the trainer stay with you during the training? I thought that was part of the "personal" part. I would think she should answer any questions. Good luck!
Well, she just quickly showed me how each machine works - they only do 1/2 hour sessions. I guess if I want more training, I have to pay for it.

I did end up going today and braved the dreaded 'weight room'. I was the only girl in there and felt very out of place, but I managed to do quite a few machines. Preston cried the whole time he was there and I could hear him in the gym
Old 09-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #47
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

And that doesn't help you relax and concentrate either. HUGS Jennifer. You have still done much more than I did.

I got on the scale today and was pleasantly surprised to find a am only .5 lb high than before vacation. I didn't do well after vacation, but now that I'm back on the "losing end" I am more commmitted. I have veggies in the fridge and Julie and I shopped more today so I'm going to make some fresh veggie meals. I have chicken already and I know there is salmon in the freezer! If I can cut down on the carbs. . . that is my downfall!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Ok, so I tried Match, just to see what was what. They are either holding up fish they caught or on their motorcycles. One guy just on this week, says he wants to get to know someone fast so she can go with him to Florida, leaving Dec. 1 for the winter!

She probably will never return, if you know what I mean!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #49
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

oh WOW Hedgie my friend has went on Match too and HE actually had a girl contact him and they have went out 2 times. He didnt know if it would work or not. But hes one of the guys thats NOT LIKE THE OTHERS YOU KNOW after just one thing. LOL so far he has liked this chick. I havent talked to him a few days so not sure how its going this week

So the changes didnt happen today they are meeting with the staff that are changing rooms on FRIDAY So thats GREAT LOL what if they dont show up on MONDAY cause your changing them LOL oh well. Like Joan said i wish i could just go to work do my job and NOT WORRY ABOUT A LOT OF STUFF. OH WELL
Old 09-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
oh WOW Hedgie my friend has went on Match too and HE actually had a girl contact him and they have went out 2 times. He didnt know if it would work or not. But hes one of the guys thats NOT LIKE THE OTHERS YOU KNOW after just one thing. LOL so far he has liked this chick. I havent talked to him a few days so not sure how its going this week

So the changes didnt happen today they are meeting with the staff that are changing rooms on FRIDAY So thats GREAT LOL what if they dont show up on MONDAY cause your changing them LOL oh well. Like Joan said i wish i could just go to work do my job and NOT WORRY ABOUT A LOT OF STUFF. OH WELL
Nikki, I probably should have more patience. I am just scared I guess.
Sorry about the elongated drama with this announcement. Has to be hard. Why can't work just be simple! I agree!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

hedgie- I think you are brave to try on line dating. I know that you are smart and intuitive so you will have fun. Hope you feel better very quickly.
Nichole- praying for you!
Jennifer- You are doing a great job trying new workout routines. Preston just wants his mom. But he has to learn that you will come back for him. He'll get it. Kids go through separation anxiety several times while they grow up! My youngest even did when he first left for college. Now he loves his independence. But still checks in with me regularly.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #52
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I think the younger folks have better luck with the online dating....I could use much more confidence, also.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #53
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

My oldest daughter still has trouble separating from her parents!!!!!!

I don't envy those of you dealing with dating again. Hedgie - I'd be worried, too. It is just the way I am. I don't know how I'd find someone again and I really don't want to think about it. Although I'm sure you felt the same way a few years ago.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #54
Stazon Splitcoast

Hedgie- Remember age is only a number!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #55
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Any suggestions for a good anti aging cream? haha!
I really am not kidding. I am sensitive to the alpha hydroxy stuff....and nothing else helps my crows feet!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #56
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm on match.

Lots of Harleys over here too. I don't do motorcycles. But, fishing. I'd be OK with that. It means they have a hobby, they might bring home dinner and most of the guys that I've known who are fishers are really interesting, calm, good guys. Hunters, eh, not so much. I don't like guns.

Dating sucks! But I did meet a 4 month boyfriend on match. He was nice. We just were better at friends, not more than that.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #57
Stazon Splitcoast

I lost 3.8 pounds the first week on my diet! Er, lifestyle change. LOL

We're not suppossed to count pounds, but frankly I need the motivation.

I am pretty strict though I am doing 90/10, so 10% can be "non healthy", though I try to make that 10% a good non-healthy choice....like a glass of wine (which I process as sugar). So, no dessert AND wine. It's either a glass of wine or a bad carb. I choose the wine for the heart benefits. I figure it's better to have a glass of wine (with protein) then a twinkie or cookies.

I'll try to download some stuff for you Jennifer and Joanne.

Here's my menu of what I ate today:

Two glasses of water before eating (this lady's must do.....)
packet of 365 Organic (Whole Foods brand) oatmeal and flax instant oatmeal and 1/2 a banana (yum!)

Lunch: two big handfuls of organic spinach/field green mix, generous scoop of homemade chicken salad (I cooked a chicken in the crockpot - deskinned it first). Used real mayo - Hellmans. 12 grapes mixed into the salad. LOVED this.

Skipped snack because I wasn't hungry but normally I have peanuts and craisins/raisins - not a lot. Literally what fits in the palm of my hand.

Dinner: here's where I screwed up - I had my meeting tonight, so I went 8 hours without eating. Not good. But I had 2 ounces of hard, Spanish cheese, 2 ounces of Spanish chorizo and 6 organic tortilla chips. I am still suppossed to eat an apple but I don't see that happening. Oh, and I had a glass of wine.

I'm actually pretty satisfied on this - I do get hungry around the 4 hour mark, which is what the weight loss coach says should happen.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
Feel sick, tummy troubles, sinus troubles.....
Nothing serious!

Boo-hoo, hiss sweetie, hope you are feeling better asap.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #59
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Any suggestions for a good anti aging cream? haha!
I really am not kidding. I am sensitive to the alpha hydroxy stuff....and nothing else helps my crows feet!

Hedgie, Bare Minerals has come out with a skin care line and have been using it. Also, like Wei East Advance Eyes Alive cream.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #60
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
I think the younger folks have better luck with the online dating....I could use much more confidence, also.

Hedgie, you are beautiful, kind, loving, sensitive, talented, caring, giving, smart, gracious, funny, creative and just plain awesome!! Believe it!!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #61
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The sun did come out today (just as Annie sang) and we got some beach time. Surprisingly, Reynold is is red all over, not me, it's that Sicilian skin.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #62
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Have to share this adorable little girl on You Tube, so precious and cute.

Little Girl Reads Her Bible & Asks Good Question About Jesus - YouTube
Old 09-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #63
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen - that sounds like a very good day of eating! I have trouble with the water. I do not like plain water. I drink decaf tea in it's place. I talked to several doctors about that and they were okay with it.

Hedgie - you are a beautiful woman. Wish we could help boost your confidence, but I do get it. I'm often the same way. About a lot of things.

Cat - glad you got some sun. We're expecting more rain. Had some today. Three different systems moving through. UGH.

I finished up my ironing and feel like I accomplished something! Tomorrow I need to make a birthday card for my uncle who is turning 90! He is my dad's brother. His sister is 93 this year.

By the way, I've heard good things about the Wei East products as well. I use Bare Minerals makeup but haven't tried their skincare products. I have a MaryKay lady and I use those products. They now make a mineral makeup but I haven't tried it yet.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:46 AM   #64
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I'm not suppossed to weigh myself (but frankly I need the motivation) and I lost 2 pounds yesterday!! YIKES! Guess I need to eat a little more today.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:25 AM   #65
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Hedgie - you are a beautiful woman. Wish we could help boost your confidence, but I do get it. I'm often the same way. About a lot of things.~~

Thank you ladies. I am doing a bible study on confidence also, going in to see about med adjustment next week.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #66
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen - you go girl!

Hedgie - Bible study is an excellent idea. I always feel better about almost everything when I'm involved. I want to get back to it myself, but the one I want to attend doesn't fit in my current schedule. Hopefully, soon.

Had a rough night sleeping. I did get up and accomplish a few things that were on my "to do" list for today. So I'm going to take a little of that time and go back for a nap.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:03 AM   #67
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
Well, I'm not suppossed to weigh myself (but frankly I need the motivation) and I lost 2 pounds yesterday!! YIKES! Guess I need to eat a little more today.

Keep up the good work, Jen!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:09 AM   #68
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hedgie, have always found Bible study encouraging and helpful. Reynold and I are doing one right now called Living Free. He ordered both the audio as well as the video - we listen to the audio in the car and then follow up with video. Both of us are getting much out of it. Hope you enjoy your study and get the encouragement you need.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #69
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joanne, sorry you are not getting the rest you need. Sure hope your sleeping patterns get better. Have you tried the triple strength melatonin? It really makes a big difference for me and just heard that melatonin has other benefits for your mind and body.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #70
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

It is a very cloudy day here so not sure if we will get any beach time. Sure hope the weather will be clear for the air show on Sat. Reynold so loves watching the Blue Angels. He once lived in Pensacola where they are stationed and so he really enjoyed being able to see them.

Sending my best to everyone!!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #71
New Mommy

Quiet around here today.

We're just hanging out at home cleaning and organizing. I have my meeting with the nutritional counselor tonight. I'm sure he'll comment on the amount of sugar I eat
Old 09-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #72
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

He probably will Jennifer - I think EVERYONE eats too much sugar! It's probably a standard line!

We had a tiny little break of sun this afternoon. But rain is expected through Tuesday. Isn't that nice?
Old 09-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #73
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone!
Jennifer- I hope the nutritionist can give you some help.
Hedgie- I enjoy bible studies too.
Jen- Wow that is a fast weight loss.
Joanne- Sure wish you could get a good night's rest.
Caterina- You are always so positive.... Thanks
Old 09-22-2011, 01:18 PM   #74
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

The last two nights were strange. Tuesday night I had people/things waking me up. The dog needed to go out so I got up with her. I no sooner got back into bed and Bill's alarm starting going off. I didn't fall asleep until he finally got up (about 40 minutes later) because the alarm went off every 10 minutes. Last night, I think I had too much on my mind. Once I got up and took care of those few things, I was able to go to sleep.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #75
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been off sugar for the past week or so and I don't miss it. I feel really satisfied, actually and it's nice that I don't have to make the decision to eat junk or not. It's just not an option for me! I am sure I will get to the point when I can have a little, but I am really committed to losing the weight. I hope this doesn't sound bad, but I looked at my priorities and I'd much rather have that 1 glass of wine at night then 200/300 calories of sugar/crap.

Now, I am trying to clean my very messy, very dirty house! That will be my priority for this kid-free weekend.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #76
New Mommy

Quote:
I've been off sugar for the past week or so and I don't miss it. I feel really satisfied, actually and it's nice that I don't have to make the decision to eat junk or not. It's just not an option for me! I am sure I will get to the point when I can have a little, but I am really committed to losing the weight. I hope this doesn't sound bad, but I looked at my priorities and I'd much rather have that 1 glass of wine at night then 200/300 calories of sugar/crap.

Now, I am trying to clean my very messy, very dirty house! That will be my priority for this kid-free weekend.
I'd rather have the sugar/crap
Old 09-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #77
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I want both! Actually, I don't drink much wine, although I enjoy it. I just don't have it in the house that much. Bill doesn't like beer or wine, only mixed drinks. We have plenty of rum and vodka and tequila for the mixed drinks but not much else! It's probably better it ISN'T here to tempt me. Although, I have a beef burgundy recipe that I want to make, so I'll be at the liquor store . . .
Old 09-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #78
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just got back from a wine and cheese gathering here at the resort. It was enjoyable and got to meet a lot of people staying here at the resort. The white merlot was delicious!
Old 09-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #79
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Although it was a cloudy day, the temps were good and the sun did play peek-a-boo so we did go out to the beach for a little bit. It is raining again now but it still is nice to look out on the ocean. So love the beach and would live on a beach if I could.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #80
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Jen, when you get done, there is a house in Reisterstown....