Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree308Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #201
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalaskowski View Post
This Bronchitis is hanging on forever!!! It has knocked all my energy!!!
I don't even have all my stuff from vacation put away, and I haven't gotten my laundry done. Tonight is My SU Hostess Club, and I really look forward to it. I plan on going, but I am not going to be 100%. I hope I'm not contagious!!! This heat and humidity kills me!!! I hope it goes away soon!!!

Sorry Sending healing hugs your way.

Enjoy your evening with the SU Hostess Club.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #202
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Linda- How long have you been on meds? Maybe you should call the dr. I agree about the humidity. I am tired of rain. I would rather have snow at least it is sunny then. Hope you feel better soon!

Good morning ladies. My visit to see Aunt Rose was very discouraging. She has deteriorated. Please pray that her son can see that he needs to be there for his mom. He hasn't seen her in weeks, checked into PT, OT, glasses or hearing aids. What a creep!

Joan so sorry for your Aunt Rose and how terribly sad that her son is not there for her.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #203
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Here is another chuckle...

Which Came First?

A computer scientist, a surgeon, and a civil engineer were
gathered at the pub. The surgeon boasts, "Surgery is the
oldest technology in the world. It's in the Bible. God
removed Adam's rib while he slept. This is clear evidence
that surgery pre-dates all other technological endeavors."

Without so much as a beat, the civil engineer says, "Before
that, God formed the earth, the stars, and everything from
nothing but chaos. He created rivers, mountains and oceans.
This was clear evidence that civil engineering pre-dates all
other technological endeavors."

No to be outdone, the computer scientist points out, "Yes,
but where do you think the chaos came from?"
Old 06-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #204
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Linda- How long have you been on meds? Maybe you should call the dr. I agree about the humidity. I am tired of rain. I would rather have snow at least it is sunny then. Hope you feel better soon!

Good morning ladies. My visit to see Aunt Rose was very discouraging. She has deteriorated. Please pray that her son can see that he needs to be there for his mom. He hasn't seen her in weeks, checked into PT, OT, glasses or hearing aids. What a creep!
I think the nurse called the antibiotic I'm taking a "C-Pack". You take two pills the 1st day, then 1 pill a day for 5 days. I take my last pill tomorrow. I definitely feel better than I did last week. If I'm still sick next week, I'll go to the doctor. I have two friends that have had pneumonia in the last couple of weeks.
Our weather is beautiful and sunny, but HUMID ! ! ! It really makes it hard for me to breath!

I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. How old is she, and how old is her creepy son? Gosh, I hate to get elderly!!! I think I will be in her position! My Son won't want to be bothered with me, and will burry his head in the sand. My daughter will be too busy with her own life to even pick up the phone and call me, to see if I am alive!!! IF I am in a assisted-living, or nursing home, they will be too busy to be bothered by me!!! I really hope I don't make it where I am that dependent!!! I plan to take after my parents, and be able to take care of myself until I die!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #205
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning!

Joan - love your funny! and it is very true! You should never go empty handed to grandma's house!

Jennifer - I wish we lived closer, Xander is really missing kids his age to play with! I'm texting a friend with a grandson now to see if they can get together. Xander has been really great, but you can tell, he would really love someone his size to play with!

DH had jury duty this morning, he didn't get picked. Said he was glad because it involved a child sex case! I told him to just vote for the death penalty! if you hurt a child you don't need to be on this earth!

I hope everyone has a great day! Hope everyone is feeling better!

Sherry
Old 06-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #206
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Sounds like I am not the only one under the weather. The change in climate with my trip has triggered something. I feel crummy. Feel horrible, stayed home today. Congested, queasy, feverish, etc...

Hope Linda, the ZPack helps.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #207
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

The new class went ok. We were by far the youngest ones there. It was a lot of balancing work - which I'm not good at, but overall, it was a good workout. Went shopping after we came home - stopped at the thrift stores and got a few toys/summer clothes, went to Target and Whole Foods. We were going to go to the sports store, but ran out of time and I was tired of getting in and out of the car and it is hot again - temp was 96*.

I really want to get a bicycle - haven't been on one in years, but it sounds fun again.
hedgiemama and jenguin like this post.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #208
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkincolorado View Post
The new class went ok. We were by far the youngest ones there. It was a lot of balancing work - which I'm not good at, but overall, it was a good workout. Went shopping after we came home - stopped at the thrift stores and got a few toys/summer clothes, went to Target and Whole Foods. We were going to go to the sports store, but ran out of time and I was tired of getting in and out of the car and it is hot again - temp was 96*.

I really want to get a bicycle - haven't been on one in years, but it sounds fun again.
Jennifer, the girls "celebrated" on Friday night. I didn't think they would be able to do anything. Was about to call you...!! Yet about 11am we went to the Red Rocks in Boulder and downtown Boulder. I love that city... I it awesome.

I could easily move to Colorado Springs, Denver or Boulder. I love it there.
I returned here with hi humidity and am sick. Clearly with my sinus issues this is a bad place for me.
jkincolorado likes this post.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #209
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry so many of my misfit friends is feeling so yucky!

I am just plan sick of rain. it is raining again. I need BLUE skies!

Joan
Old 06-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #210
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A dear friend who got our elementary class together nearly 10 years ago posted this picture. The reunion was held at All Saints School and it was terrific.

The two women on either side of me are two nuns who also came. The one on my right was my 8th grade teacher.
Attached Thumbnails
all-saints-reunion.jpg  
jkincolorado likes this post.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #211
Stazon Splitcoast

Yep, about to pour here. It rained and stopped about midday. Now it is raining again but it looks like it is going to rain hard. I squeezed in another run.

Work is getting more and more depressing with some changes they are making. 8 more days!

And as I typed this it began to pour!
Old 06-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #212
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen - I guess all the rain we had yesterday is now up your way. It poured here yesterday. Most of the day. It does look to be clouding over again, but I think the rain isn't supposed to come in until Thursday.

Julie and I went to Kohl's today. She is going to be in a friend's wedding (yes, only a 20 year old!) and she wanted a new bra and a slimmer. Also found some bras for me (yay!) and a pair of jeans for Marie. Then we went to the grocery store. It is not the usual one I use so it takes longer to find things. We did well.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #213
Stazon Splitcoast

I love Kohl for bras. Which reminds me that I desperately need some new sports bras! Losing weight + stretched out bras = unhappy boobies! LOL
Old 06-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #214
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I have trouble finding my size. I need a big one for around my chest, but a smaller cup size. I struck gold today, though! I had several choices!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #215
Mad Swapper

Smile

I need a couple new bras too. My boobies have shrunken since I've lost weight. I still have a few that fit alright. I'd like to wait until I loose more weight if possible.

Had my SU Hostess Club this evening. I ordered from the new Catalog. It was SO hard to choose what to buy,...I want SO much!!! Next month, there will be another Hostess Club, AND a Card Class. More excuses to order some new goodies!!!

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel good enough to put away all the stamping stuff that I bought on vacation. I also have several cards to make! I think this cough is going to stick around for awhile. I AM feeling much better though. I have 1 more pill from my Z-Pack. So far Bob hasn't caught it!!!

Well, I am exhausted. Good Night everyone!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #216
New Mommy

Several fires in our state right now, but there's one pretty close to our house that just started today. It's burned over 8000 acres and is zero percent contained. I could see the smoke and flames from our house - it's about 20 miles away, but it's still kinda scary! The fire last summer was on the far West side of town, this one is on the East side and much closer to us. Many million dollar homes have been lost. No estimate on damage or cause.
Attached Thumbnails
black-forest-fire.jpg  
Old 06-12-2013, 06:00 AM   #217
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Several fires in our state right now, but there's one pretty close to our house that just started today. It's burned over 8000 acres and is zero percent contained. I could see the smoke and flames from our house - it's about 20 miles away, but it's still kinda scary! The fire last summer was on the far West side of town, this one is on the East side and much closer to us. Many million dollar homes have been lost. No estimate on damage or cause.

Jennifer, how awful and scary.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #218
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
OH MY, Jennifer!!! That IS scary!!! Aren't most of the fires started from cigarettes? So senseless!!! I remember many years ago, we were vacationing in California, and driving in Malibu. There was a fire burning expensive homes there. A lot of actors and other famous people's multi-million dollar homes were being destroyed. I remembered Goldie Hawn's was one. Any way, we watched Stephen Spealberg's burn down. It was on the beach. So sad!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #219
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning!

Those wild fires are awful! Very scary stuff!

I hope everyone is feeling better! Hot here this week!
Friends on the East coast, please send Texas some of your rain!
we would love it!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Sherry
Old 06-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #220
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning, Sherry, I keep forgetting to ask... did you get my thank you card for the sweet package for Cole kids?
Old 06-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #221
Mad Swapper

Smile

I had fun at my SU Hostess Club last night. I ordered a few new things from the new catalog. I sure had a hard time deciding which items to start with, because I WANT THEM ALL ! ! ! LOL
The ladies that attend are so nice, it makes for a nice evening!

The SU demonstrator is very sweet. She has been through so much. Her daughter got married in her early 20s, and had a little girl. They were a nice couple, and Leslie and her husband really liked their daughter's husband. Of course they enjoyed spoiling their 1st grand baby. When the baby was 5 months old, she died unexpectantly of what seemed like SIDS. After the autopsy, they learned that she had died from very strong blows to her head and "shaken baby syndrome". Also, there were signs of previous terrible injuries. They arrested the husband. Leslie and her family stood by him until they saw the evidence. Her daughter divorced him, and he remains in prison. Eight months later, her daughter got pregnant. They weren't happy that she wasn't married, but they welcomed another baby. Three months into her pregnancy, she learned that she had leukemia. She delivered a beautiful baby boy, but she died when the baby is 6 months old. I can't imagine going through so much heart-break in such a short time!!! Luckily, Leslie's Son has given her a grandson and a new granddaughter. The father of her Daughter's baby lives with his parents and has custody of Cody. However, Leslie has him two days a week.
I'm sorry that I wrote a LONG book!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #222
New Mommy

Linda - what a tragic story! Glad you had fun at your SU club. I miss going to parties - I'm a lone stamper.

The fire by us is still out of control - it's so smoky outside
Old 06-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #223
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda - the cough from bronchitis can last a long time. I remember going back to my doctor two weeks later and she said it could last a full month! Thankfully, it didn't!

Such a said story about your friend. Like my friends who lost both their birth children. I wonder if I'd be able to go one. My friends have strong faith - they are actually a real blessing to me.

Those fires are so scary. Stay safe Jen
Old 06-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #224
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Got a much needed hair color/cut and we are tying up loose ends before we leave on Saturday.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #225
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Oh Linda, how terribly sad and beyond tragic. Cannot imagine the pain of such loss.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #226
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

The girls and I are getting haircuts on Thursday afternoon. I really need a color touchup but don't have the time this week. I'll schedule something before I leave there on Thursday though!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #227
Stazon Splitcoast

My boys need cuts too! Such a busy time of the year!

Work was OK. I might be changing teams and going to 8th grade. We'll see.

Tonight is soccer tryouts and I am leading a 10 mile bike ride. I hope the weather holds out!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #228
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Quote:
I had fun at my SU Hostess Club last night. I ordered a few new things from the new catalog. I sure had a hard time deciding which items to start with, because I WANT THEM ALL ! ! ! LOL
The ladies that attend are so nice, it makes for a nice evening!

The SU demonstrator is very sweet. She has been through so much. Her daughter got married in her early 20s, and had a little girl. They were a nice couple, and Leslie and her husband really liked their daughter's husband. Of course they enjoyed spoiling their 1st grand baby. When the baby was 5 months old, she died unexpectantly of what seemed like SIDS. After the autopsy, they learned that she had died from very strong blows to her head and "shaken baby syndrome". Also, there were signs of previous terrible injuries. They arrested the husband. Leslie and her family stood by him until they saw the evidence. Her daughter divorced him, and he remains in prison. Eight months later, her daughter got pregnant. They weren't happy that she wasn't married, but they welcomed another baby. Three months into her pregnancy, she learned that she had leukemia. She delivered a beautiful baby boy, but she died when the baby is 6 months old. I can't imagine going through so much heart-break in such a short time!!! Luckily, Leslie's Son has given her a grandson and a new granddaughter. The father of her Daughter's baby lives with his parents and has custody of Cody. However, Leslie has him two days a week.
I'm sorry that I wrote a LONG book!!!
Linda, so sad I can not even go there... so very sorry.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #229
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Cute chuckle...

Impress a Girl

An older man, not in the best physical condition, asked the
trainer in the gym, "I want to impress a beautiful young
girl. Which machine should I use?"

The trainer replied, "Use the ATM machine outside!"
Old 06-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #230
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

My sister sent this to me.... really neat!

Click Your Mouse on this
Flying Over America - YouTube
Old 06-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #231
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda- Sounds like you had a great time at the party. The family sure had more than there share of tragedy.
Jennifer- Fire is very scary... stay safe! Wish I could send some of our rain. I probably wrote this earlier this week... The Twin Cities has had more rainy days this spring than Seattle.
Sherry- Wish I could send the rain down south. We've had more than enough. Did Xander find a playmate?
Caterina- that is cool!
Joanne- I have bra shopping. I can never find any that are comfortable. Losing weight never changed my size! How fun for Julie to be in a wedding... and yes, 20 yrs old is young!
Jen- School is almost out for the summer. Do you have any plans?

Joan
Old 06-13-2013, 02:31 AM   #232
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
My sister sent this to me.... really neat!

Click Your Mouse on this
Flying Over America - YouTube
LOVED it Cat!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-13-2013, 02:35 AM   #233
Mad Swapper

Jennifer, I woke up to news of evacuation close to where you are, due to the fire! I sure hope I am wrong!!! I pray that you and Preston are safe!
Please keep us up to date on your situation!
Worried about you!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-13-2013, 05:56 AM   #234
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

well hello just got online power went out on Monday and it fried the modem. comcast just left. i really didnt realize how much i depend on the internet. . but i managed.

Jennifer hope you guys are ok from the fires .

Joan sorry about your Aunt hugs

hope you all have been doing good. HELLO TO ALL. i am off today and then I leave tomorrow to head to GA for my cousin's wedding. will check in later today.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:06 AM   #235
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Jennifer, I woke up to news of evacuation close to where you are, due to the fire! I sure hope I am wrong!!! I pray that you and Preston are safe!
Worried about you!!!

Same here, Jennifer.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #236
New Mommy

Quote:
Worried about you!!!
We're ok. We're about 10 miles South of where the evacuations are. The fire is moving East/West and is in a very densely wooded area - we are in the city outside of the Black Forest. Last I heard, 92 homes were burned down - so sad. A lot of animals are in that area (horses, alpacas, etc.) and it seems like they've all been moved safely and no reports of any human injuries or fatalities.

There's a second big fire in my hometown about an hour West of here. It's close to the Royal Gorge Bridge - the world's highest suspension bridge. It's a famous landmark and a big source of tourism. Last I heard, 32 boards of the bridge have burned and 20 structures around the park. So heartbreaking!!

- Caņon City Daily Record
Old 06-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #237
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Good morning, Sherry, I keep forgetting to ask... did you get my thank you card for the sweet package for Cole kids?

Yes, I did! You are so sweet! I'm sorry, I forgot to post!

Sherry
Old 06-13-2013, 07:08 AM   #238
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappincanyon View Post
Yes, I did! You are so sweet! I'm sorry, I forgot to post!

Sherry

Never a need to apologize, Sherry! You are the sweet one to send the package for my precious kids!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #239
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning!

Joan - I did not find Xander a playmate! I will look for one for his next visit! We have had fun and all was good, until he ran into the corner of the bed last night and hit his little cheek pretty hard! He is ok this morning, but was quiet the ordeal last night Of course Grammie really hammed it up and babied him! Broke my heart that he was crying. I'm already missing him. Have to take him back tomorrow!

Jennifer - Please stay safe! Your mom too!

Nikki - it is amazing how dependent we are on the internet! I'd be lost without it!

Jen - good luck to your boys for soccer tryouts! We love soccer at our house!

Cat - I'm glad you got the box!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Sherry
Old 06-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #240
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Volunteer update --- talked to the the pediatric child life specialist and she is frustrated that it is taking so long and trying her best to get things moving. She was hoping I would be volunteering by now however there are a few people in the 'chain' that are a little behind in whatever it is that they do. Once everything is done, I will be scheduled on Wednesdays between 1PM-3Pm.
jenguin, nikki1578 and smileyj like this post.