Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #81
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

You are probably right - it is most likely a recording. I don't know either!!!

Did I tell all of you that I discovered a Hobby Lobby in NY when we were visiting Bill's sisters? We don't have any close by here so I was excited. BUT then I realized we couldn't go until Sunday when they are closed. Bummer! Next time I'll plan a trip!

Jennifer - the age Preston is now is my favorite. They are starting to talk more and are just SO FUN!!! From about 2-5 is just the best (for me). My friend loved the itty bitty baby stage, but I think they are so much fun at this age.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #82
Stazon Splitcoast

Doing the right thing is so hard sometimes!

I accepted the para job at the middle school. Great! Yesterday I got an email from my professor asking me if I am interested in a teaching position at HER school. I had to decline the interview. It just wouldn't be right for me to leave the other school in the position of having to replace me after a couple of weeks if I got the job. I also can't give up a for sure job just to interview for a better job.

I am so disappointed! No jobs and then bam, 2 in a week's time! The teaching one is my dream job too - second grade in a great neighborhood school.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #83
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for all the love. I need it. My mother passed away on Dec 16th, 1998 and then my cousin passed away Dec 19th of the same year.

Jennifer- I wish my granddaughter would talk to me. She just listens and my son tells me she is showing me things. Christmas will be a ball!

Hedgie- I have no advice. I have been married for 36 yrs. I met DH on a blind date after a terrible, awful break up with a guy I thought was the ONE! I guess I was wrong!

jen- Take care of yourself. I think you are an amazing women. I believe that the right job will be there for you! Just think...2 jobs in one week!

Caterina- Oh how I would love a steep over out east. I want to visit that part of the country some year!

Linda- You're so sweet. Dealing with pain on a daily basis is so very debilitating. Yet, you are willing to tell let others hear what they need to hear. Thanks

Oh I am sure I missed a few. Hugs across the miles.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
Doing the right thing is so hard sometimes!

I accepted the para job at the middle school. Great! Yesterday I got an email from my professor asking me if I am interested in a teaching position at HER school. I had to decline the interview. It just wouldn't be right for me to leave the other school in the position of having to replace me after a couple of weeks if I got the job. I also can't give up a for sure job just to interview for a better job.

I am so disappointed! No jobs and then bam, 2 in a week's time! The teaching one is my dream job too - second grade in a great neighborhood school.
Jen I think if you prefer the middle school position that is fine. But, If you think the other position would be good for you, you really do have to interview...no one has to know...The Middle School job would not be pulled away???
Old 12-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #85
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkincolorado View Post
We just got back from a play date with a friend. We went to a park since today is supposed to be the nicest day for awhile.

She had a pizza stone she doesn't need anymore and offered it to me. I've never used one, but I've heard they're great.

Stopped at Hobby Lobby on the way home - Preston LOVED looking at all the 'Timmas' stuff.
I loved taking my girls to the park!! In fact before I told ANYONE I was pregnant I ran to the park and sat on the upright thing that holds the slide.
Even b/4 I told Husband.

My girls enjoyed that park for many a day. We spent hours there...those were the happiest days of my life...
Old 12-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #86
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
You are probably right - it is most likely a recording. I don't know either!!!

Did I tell all of you that I discovered a Hobby Lobby in NY when we were visiting Bill's sisters? We don't have any close by here so I was excited. BUT then I realized we couldn't go until Sunday when they are closed. Bummer! Next time I'll plan a trip!

Jennifer - the age Preston is now is my favorite. They are starting to talk more and are just SO FUN!!! From about 2-5 is just the best (for me). My friend loved the itty bitty baby stage, but I think they are so much fun at this age.
Hobby Lobby is pretty cool! We have a really nice one here and it's huge! There's also a big Joann's and a Michael's within a mile apart. I guess that's good for competition!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #87
New Mommy

Preston just woke up from his nap - the park really wore him out!!

He's at the age now where I can let him be a little more independent and he can climb by himself and play. I'm always watching and still close by, but it's really fun to watch him grow and learn. He was doing laps today - up the stairs, through the tunnel, over the bridge, down the slide and then repeat that about 30 more times. I wish I had that kind of energy!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #88
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

My sweet yawag husband put up the new beautiful wreaths with lights on all the front windows and it looks so nice. We got them from HSN and used my free shipping coupon....

Winter Lane Battery-Operated 24

Reynold put lights on the bushes, around our door as well as the wooden Nativity set - he did a super job this year.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #89
Stazon Splitcoast

Heard back from the professor. She said she'd keep me in mind for future openings. UGH. I am SO freaking disappointed. I hope I made the right decision.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #90
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

jen sorry HUGS

hope you all had a great day today, DH and I rode up to Severielle to see some Christmas lights that played along with music you drive thru and turn you car radio on the station and the lights go by it. It was really kool, we ate at Ryans and then came back home.

Have a great Thursday.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #91
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Heard back from the professor. She said she'd keep me in mind for future openings. UGH. I am SO freaking disappointed. I hope I made the right decision.

Jen. sorry you are feeling so disappointed however let not your heart be troubled. Something good maybe even better is up ahead. ((((hugs))))
Old 12-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks all! It was a dream job. I believe in doing the right thing but with teaching jobs so hard to find I am doubting myself.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #93

well i am really disappointed in the management team at Publix. You know i gave my notice last weekend. Well guess what they didnt schedule me for this weekend. SO DH went and asked so Nichole is not on the schedule for this weekend and she said i guess if you dont see her then that mean she isnt. DH was SO MAD. I mean MAD. He called me and he couldnt even speak he was so mad. So last Saturday was my last day with Publix. I am just really disappointed in the way I was treated with the whole process period, but I was toughing it out and just biting my tongue. But after today I think I will really let the STORE MANAGER KNOW THE REAL REASON I LEFT PUBLIX.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #94
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen - HUGS to you. I hate it when we have to make grown-up decisions.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #95
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Nikki - I'm sorry for the way you were treated. That seems to be normal lately, which is sad. A friend's daughter went through something similar. She had asked for certain days off because she was in a play (she is a school-aged kid). The woman who did the scheduling decided that if she was asking for that much time off (two days) she just wouldn't schedule her at all! No one told her and the person who HIRED her didn't stand up for her either. Such a shame.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #96

I know it is a SHAME Joann I am just like WOW in the business world how people are treated I am really THANKING THE LORD I found this Prek Job when I did. I love it there and they love me. Until I can find something I trully want to do I will stay there but DH is really upset. He has been with Publix for 20 years and he can not believe the way I was treated he will not be quiet either so this is not OVER lol.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:55 AM   #97
New Mommy

Nikki - sorry about the job. Guess it's a good thing you moved on.

I love looking at the big Christmas light displays - some people go all out! We drove to one the other night and the house even has its own FB page. Preston loved it.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #98
Die Cut Diva

good morning!

Jen - sorry about the job dilemma! Hang in there!

Jennifer - I love Preston's age for Christmas! I think I need to borrow him for a bit to find some Christmas Cheer!

Nikki - sorry about Publix! here lately I see more and more people being treated badly and it is really bothering me!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Sherry
Old 12-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #99
New Mommy

I have a dentist appointment this morning to hopefully fix my tooth. My crown came off a few weeks ago and after it was put back on, it's been extremely sensitive. I hope he doesn't have to take the whole thing off. My neighbor is watching Preston for me.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #100
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

What a day! Ran out for a doctor's appointment, then managed to stop at the Post Office, get gas in the van (price went down again, too), KMart for tiny ornaments for a project, then got my hair cut. As I walked in the front door, the phone was ringing. Julie was ready to come home from her class. Whew! I plan to be done for the day!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #101
Mad Swapper

Smile

My Emu Oil came today! I used it right away, it's kind of a creamy lotion, with no odor. I rubbed it all over my knee, including my scar. I've really over done myself the last 2 days. I have walked up and down my stairs what seems to be a hundred times, done many loads of clothes, curtains, sheets, blankets, rugs, cat beds, rags, etc, then today, I cleaned out an area of the basement so some rugs can be stored. I'm STILL doing laundry and changing out winter clothes. I'm purging lots of stuff that I can't believe we still have! Guess what? I am tired, but my knee is doing OK. Last night I couldn't sleep until after 3am. I hope I can fall asleep by 11pm tonight.

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #102

thanks Jennifer and yes Sherry it is happening to lots of people. it makes me not so happy either.

hope you all had a great day today, my day was pretty good. tomorrow i go to the dr for the endometriosis test. so we shall see whats going on.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #103
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalaskowski View Post
My Emu Oil came today! I used it right away, it's kind of a creamy lotion, with no odor. I rubbed it all over my knee, including my scar. I've really over done myself the last 2 days. I have walked up and down my stairs what seems to be a hundred times, done many loads of clothes, curtains, sheets, blankets, rugs, cat beds, rags, etc, then today, I cleaned out an area of the basement so some rugs can be stored. I'm STILL doing laundry and changing out winter clothes. I'm purging lots of stuff that I can't believe we still have! Guess what? I am tired, but my knee is doing OK. Last night I couldn't sleep until after 3am. I hope I can fall asleep by 11pm tonight.
Emu oil is terrific, Linda, just please do not overdo with all the work.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #104
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Emu oil is terrific, Linda, just please do not overdo with all the work.
I have so much to catch up on!!! I am in the mood and on a roll now. I am trying to take advantage of it while I can!!!

I told Bob that I am going to take 1 day next week and go away by myself. There is a real nice Stamp store, about 1 hour north of here. It's store is shared by a nice Gift Shop. The Stamp side is pretty small, but it is packed, and run by 2 sisters, and their father makes cookies every day for customers. They send out a Newsletter every month with a coupon for the Stamp side and 1 for the Gift side every month. I just feel that I need some "ME" time!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 12-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #105
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda - I think you deserve a day to yourself! Go for it!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:33 AM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

Make it a GREAT day everyone!!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:44 AM   #107
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Linda - I think you deserve a day to yourself! Go for it!
And I think I'll stop at Starbucks before leaving town!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 12-07-2012, 05:54 AM   #108
Mad Swapper

Smile

Well, I'm not going to be making Christmas cards THIS year! I've seen so many nice stamps that I want for next year though. I am shooting for Valentines!!! My room won't be finished, but I'll hopefully have it painted, and have things moved up there, and unloaded. I just won't have my sewing done, so it won't be all pretty. I also won't have any shelves, bookcase, or the daybed. But I have a nice new TV, a phone, and new tables, and I am anxious to STAMP ! ! ! It has been way too long!!! I hope I remember what I'm doing!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 12-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #109
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

Make it a GREAT day everyone!!

True words, Jen - as a person thinks, so they are!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Linda, I do not make cards for Christmas other than for my yawag husband, children & grandchildren. Everyone else gets "boxed cards". Shocking! Have way too many relatives yet alone friends so to make cards for everyone would be more than I am willing to go.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #111
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning. It is raining here in PA today. I went to put something in the mailbox and heard the mailman two houses down. I figured I'd wait. As he pulled up he asked why I was waiting in the rain. I told him I'd be okay! LOL

Linda - it is so good to "hear" the excitement in your posts! Hope you get a chance to stamp soon. I have to start addressing my cards. My stamping friends and family will get handmade cards, but everyone else is getting a photo card. Since we are getting a new church directory, I was able to get a family photo and we haven't done that in years. I took advantage (although it wasn't cheap).

I have to clear off the paperwork that is collecting in my living room. Hope everyone has a good Friday.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #112
Mad Swapper

Smile

I completely forgot that Bob's Company Christmas Party is tonight. I get my hair done at 4:15, and the party starts at 5:30. So, I have to be ready when I go to the hairdresser. I'm not sure what to wear, because of my memory! I have NO idea what I wore last year!!! We are going to the nicest restaurant in my town, although we are having a buffet there tonight, I'm sure it will be good. It's also an open bar.

I slept like a baby last night. I think I even woke up in the same position as I fell asleep. Maybe that Emu Oil is helping already???

Today I am doing more laundry, and cleaning in the dining and living rooms. I've just about got all my clothes switched out. I still have a few clothes in my craft room that I need to move out! I'm tired today, so I might not get as much accomplished today!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 12-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #113
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda - hope you have a great time tonight!!!! You will look awesome no matter what you wear. I'm sure of it.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #114
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Cute chuckle for today...

Made Bed

My wife and I are teachers, and our jobs often spill over
into our family life. One morning as our eight-year-old
Maggie was getting ready for school, I peeked into her room
to be sure she had tidied it up.

"You call THAT a made bed?" I asked.

"No, Dad," Maggie replied. "It's just a rough draft."
Old 12-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #115

find out results in 1 week.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #116
Stazon Splitcoast

Today was rough.

My dad's stress test is abnormal. He goes in to the cath lab in a week. They think it's another blocked artery.

Two bomb threats while subbing today.

Yikes!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #117
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Today marks the 71st anniversary of Japan bombing Pearl Harbor. My mother was a young lady when this happened and made sure to tell her children about the Day that lives in infamy... as well as all the sacrifices made by the greatest generation and all Americans during WWII and how everyone did all they could to fight the huge threat to our freedom. Although my mother was born in Cefalu, Sicily must say have never met a more patriotic person who loved & appreciated this country and the military. She would be extremely proud of her great grandson, Alexander.

During Thanksgiving 1994, Reynold and I were in Hawaii and visited Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona - they are no word to describe the emotions.
US Commemorates Pearl Harbor Anniversary
Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #118
New Mommy

Linda - I'm glad that oil seems to be helping! Hope you have a good time at your party.

Joanne - what is this 'Rain' you speak of?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #119
New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
find out results in 1 week.
Waiting is so hard - hope they are able to give you some answers.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #120
New Mommy

Quote:
Today was rough.

My dad's stress test is abnormal. He goes in to the cath lab in a week. They think it's another blocked artery.

Two bomb threats while subbing today.

Yikes!

Sorry to hear about your dad.

And the bomb threats. Bet you're glad it's Friday!