Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 03:10 AM   #81
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Jennifer, I was thinking the same. Since our posts are not as high, it would save you a chore. Plus, folks can easily look back to the night before esp between Sunday and Monday. I love our group! It is ok it is not huge. This way we get to know each other better.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #82
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennifer- it is not you!

I think Facebook and other social media sites have affected even my e-mail.
Joanne- he is sad.... and so are we!

I think I am going to take care of my DGD this afternoon. My DS called and said his wife was going away for the evening night. He wants to get some work done on the house before they try and sell it. I am sad about the situation.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #83
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, thinking of you!!! Tell your son to hang in there!

I slept in today. So much for all the things I was supposed to get done this am! Drew has his first basketball game this morning! Can't wait to see him play!

Good news: lost the pound I gained over Thanksgiving, plus another one! 2.4 to go for my Christmas goal of 10 pounds between Halloween and Christmas!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-01-2012, 06:23 AM   #84
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning!!!

Jennifer - I think facebook took a lot of people away from SCS in general. Another thread that I participate in is down to only a handful of people, too. And there was another thread I followed several years ago that is completely gone. So, all in all, we are doing pretty well!

Mom and I are going to STAMP today!!!! I just need to get a shower and then get moving!

Joan - will continue to pray for your son. It is always a sad situation.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #85
Mad Swapper

Smile

I love our little group just the way it is. Of course, I don't know it any other way, since I'm the newest Misfit.

Joan, I continue to pray for you and your son. It's especially hard with the Holidays. How old is your Granddaughter?

I'm still waiting to hear all your beauty regimens and secrets!!! Come on, help this old girl out!!!

I'm waiting for AT&T to come this morning. We still don't have phones working, and the TV has a loose connection. It's getting a little old and I'm loosing my patience!!!

Everyone enjoy your weekend. Can you believe it's December??? We are having delightful weather!!!

Karen and Nichole~~ I hope you are feeling better today!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkincolorado View Post
You (or anyone!) can always share your thoughts.

I used to start a new thread every week because we had so many posts from so many people. Now that hardly anyone posts, I could probably start a new thread every 6 months. It makes me so sad that so many have dropped out. Maybe it's me, maybe I'm the biggest misfit of all time. I wish I knew.

I don't care, I'll do what the majority wants.

Oh Jennifer sweetie, please do not feel so down on yourself. Our group may be small however we are each extremely special & caring.... if we are "misfits" it is because we are uniquely one-of-a-kind! Just because people dropped out is no reflection on you at all!

Let's come up with a new name to remind everyone just how special they are... like....Marvelous Magnificent Mademoiselles..... We can make a fun game of it!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #87
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
Jennifer, I was thinking the same. Since our posts are not as high, it would save you a chore. Plus, folks can easily look back to the night before esp between Sunday and Monday. I love our group! It is ok it is not huge. This way we get to know each other better.

I agree Hedgie!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #88
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Linda, have you ever tried facial exercises? Here a couple...

Yoga facial exercises: How to tone and lift cheeks - YouTube

There is also one that someone else taught me. Tuck your lower lip in then put a finger right below it and move your jaw up and down.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #89
Stazon Splitcoast

Basketball was fun! Drew's team won: 8 - 4!! LOL

We're having snow showers here. The side roads are slick. It's below freezing.

I went to Kohls and spent my Kohls cash on a beautiful pair of earrrings! Something i wouldn't normally buy, you know? They were originally $250 and whe all was said and done, I owed $5! I also bought some dress pants for work. My old ones are far too big.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #91
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen - you got a steal on those earrings! Awesome!
Old 12-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

Schoolwork! Yuck! LOL

Thinking about making some cookie dough so the boys and I can bake cookies tomorrow night. But they like help making the dough and most of my Christmas cookies need to be chilled.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #93
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

hope you all had a great Saturday

not feeling well worked all day heading to bed.

hope you all have a great Sunday.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #94
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Worked all day, have a bad sore throat. I am going to eat a Lean Cuisine, a bowl of ice cream and go to bed. Really feel rotten.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #95
Mad Swapper

Smile

Nichole and Karen, I hope you get a good night's sleep, and wake up feeling much better!!!

Well, we got our phone hooked up today. The service guy today was much better than the one we had on Wednesday. He got everything working right! He even checked our signal, and found one that was weak, so a couple of linemen came out, and found an old line that was draining ours, and took it down. Our television picture is much better now! My husband is in heaven!

We decided to go to the grandkids play tomorrow. Neither of us slept well last night, and it was late when AT&T left. So, I took a good 2 hour nap, and feel much better. Tomorrow will be their last show.

Cat, thanks for the beauty tips. I am going to try them out. I used to only use Bare Essentials for years! But, It seemed that I needed more moisture, so right now I'm using a combination of Philosophy, Bobbie Brown, and Algerist. In fact, I'm going to try a new Philosophy Peel before bed tonight. I'm going to try the facial exercises! Thanks!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 12-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #96
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Well, my coffee must have been caffeinated yesterday. I could not sleep! Finally fell asleep sometime after 1 am! Up at 6:30. Went to church and picked up some gift tags for the needy and bought a wreath from the youth group.

Going to make meatloaf for dinner. And decorate today! (Well, schoolwork too.) Good thing for a Law & Order marathon and football.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #97

Afternoon ladies,
Hope your Sunday is going good. Cleaning house today, laundry I want to hire someone to just do laundry I can clean the rest of the place just need someone to do clothes lol. Feeling some better maybe sinus infection, have a little cough today. I think tonight we are going to go see some christmas lights.

I put my notice in at Publix yesterday. They didnt say anything........ so my last day will be the 15th. I finally will now be able to have my weekends back. I was really missing my Saturdays at home. I liked going to work at Publix but just now I can be free again to do what I want.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #98
Stazon Splitcoast

Nikki - I am glad you will have the two days off! You have to take care of yourself!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #99

Jen your right and I can feel myself becoming more and more tired. working 40 hours during the week and 7 to 8 on Saturdays was really a lot. I was really just doing it for extra crafting money but..............i do believe my health is more important and If i talk to sweet to DH i am sure he will share some of his money lol
Old 12-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #100
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Sunday! Reynold and I are hoping to make a trip to Johns Hopkins Hospital & University of Maryland Hospital to take some adorable stuffed animals to the pediatric oncology floor. Wish I could personally visit each kid in the hospitals and hand them out - these kids so inspire me!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #101
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
Jen your right and I can feel myself becoming more and more tired. working 40 hours during the week and 7 to 8 on Saturdays was really a lot. I was really just doing it for extra crafting money but..............i do believe my health is more important and If i talk to sweet to DH i am sure he will share some of his money lol

Wow, Nichole, that is a great deal of work... had to smile when reading sweet talking to DH for some extra $$$... When Reynold comes back from his vending business with money from the machines, I always ask,"how much do I get?" He always responds with, "The same amount I gave you last time." But hey we get to have all the 'expired goodies' from the vending machines.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #102
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

I had a rotten day yesterday and I'm still in a funk today. Brandon comes home from Denver tonight so hopefully that will cheer me up. I haven't felt like this in a long time and I don't like it!!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #103
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennifer- I hope you are feeling much better today!

I took care of DGD last afternoon/evening. She is almost three going on 13. She really has her likes and dislikes and lets you know in no uncertain terms. Going to daycare maybe a rude awakening for a little girl who is used to always getting her OWN way!

I am off to do laundry.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #104

Cat I know he always says how much you need i said whatever you got lol

Jennifer sorry you not in a good mood. HUGS hopefully having your husband home will make you better

Joan I bet your granddaughter is fun to watch
Old 12-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #105
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon!

I was able to sit through the church service today as others taught for me! Yay! Mom came to church with me. It was a good morning.

Nikki - I'm glad you are going to get full weekends back. I know people who do work double jobs and it is so draining. I would be miserable. I'm glad you get to have some time to rest.

Jen - meatloaf sounds wonderful. We had it earlier this week! I made a potroast yesterday but didn't feel it was done enough (falling apart) for last night's dinner. So that will be for tonight. I'm making my spinach casserole that I love and make all the time as well as a sweet potato casserole. I still had potatoes and wanted to use them up. We all loved the recipe I made for Thanksgiving.

Jennifer - hope you are having a much better day. I hate when I get in a funk. It does happen. This time of year can be especially difficult - as we have all seen.

Joan - hope that little granddaughter is good for you today. Yes, she will learn that not everything can be her way. Although Marie is STILL learning that . ..

Linda - hope you are having a good day.

Hedgie - are you feeling any better today?

Hope I didn't leave anyone out. If Heather pops in - "HI"!
Old 12-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

Tree is up! So much fun. Love walking down memory lane.

Meatloaf smells awesome. So thankful that my kids enjoy this meal so much!

If you need a good cry, this is on tonight. Many of my heart mom friends and I will be watching it.

The Christmas Heart - About the Movie | Hallmark Channel
Old 12-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #107
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen- I am hoping someone else wants to put the tree up. I DON'T want to! I am glad you are walking down memory lane. Meatloaf sounds great! I ate a cheeseburger for dinner. I haven't had one in quite a while. I am already sad. So I am not sure watching a movie that will make me cry is a good idea. Was it on last year? It sounds familiar.

Joanne- I am so happy for you to have your parents with you at this time of year!

I hope I don't sound negative about everyone's positive day! Sorry~
Old 12-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #108
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkincolorado View Post
I had a rotten day yesterday and I'm still in a funk today. Brandon comes home from Denver tonight so hopefully that will cheer me up. I haven't felt like this in a long time and I don't like it!!

Hate those kind of days.... however, sometimes they do make me appreciate the better ones more.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #109
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan - I think it's perfectly understandable that you are feeling sad. I would be too! Putting up the tree definitely made me feel more in the spirit! It is hard looking at some ornaments but the kids had so much fun it was worth it.

I hope you are OK JOan!
Old 12-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Jen- I am hoping someone else wants to put the tree up. I DON'T want to! I am glad you are walking down memory lane. Meatloaf sounds great! I ate a cheeseburger for dinner. I haven't had one in quite a while. I am already sad. So I am not sure watching a movie that will make me cry is a good idea. Was it on last year? It sounds familiar.

Joanne- I am so happy for you to have your parents with you at this time of year!

I hope I don't sound negative about everyone's positive day! Sorry~

Joan no need for apologies - everyone goes through down times. Remember you are such a very special caring lady and we are grateful to have you in our world! <3
Old 12-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #111

Joan HUGS
Old 12-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #112
Mad Swapper

Smile

WOW, You all were busy talking today!!!
I don't know where the day went. I guess I slept in this morning, then went to the play this afternoon. Did any of you see the picture of my SIL and 3 Grandkids that I snuck in on FB? They were such GOOD actors today in "A Christmas Carol". It was the last show of the year. They'll have a little break before they audition for the summer production. I am SO proud of them!

After the play, we got something to eat, then it was after 5pm. I was exhausted, and my knee hurt, so instead of doing the errands that we planned, we came home, and I laid down, and fell asleep. I am still tired. So, I think I'm going to go to bed.

I hope you all have a great week!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 12-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #113
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I worked the weekend. Sent 19 vets today alone, to the ER. And they do not want to go!! Ah!

I am not excited, nor do I have energy to go from Thanksgiving to Christmas. This is all too fast and I can't do it. I am going to put the TD things away tomorrow. Put up my small tree and call it a day.

I only cry when I see the ornaments from long ago, they bring back too many memories... so be it.

Unless the girls are here, I have zero interest in all of that...

They will be home for the holidays. And believe me I appreciate that. But I am not going to put up a big tree, drag boxes up from the basement that only make me sad. I have a lovely tree from a local garden center fully decorated and while small, very very cute.

They are not here to put up the other tree, nor will they be here to take anything down. So this year, Mama gets her way!!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:59 AM   #114
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...l#post19863294