Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #121
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks ladies- please keep the positive thoughts heading to Minnesota!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:24 AM   #122
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
My ds just called me. He called from their garage. he doesn't know where to go or what to do? I am so very sad right now. His wife has asked for a separation. They have my only grandchild. His wife has never liked me or for that matter the rest of our family. So I rarely get to see my dgd as it is. My DS has a physical disability. I have wondered if she could handle this for a lifetime! Please pray!
Joan, I am so sorry about your Son and Grandchild. It is a terrible news, especially this time of year. I will keep you and your Son on my prayers.

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #123
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan -still praying for all of you.

Had a wonderful day at church. My children's choir did a wonderful job even though I had problems with the CD. Our sound system is rather old and I've been having problems using the CDs. I have another song to do for Christmas, but I might need to have a back up and call on the accompanist.

Came home and started on some laundry. I don't have much but several small loads. I want to get everything done because my parents are arriving this week for a visit. I usually don't do much laundry while they are here. I need to pick up and vacuum my craft room and vacuum, dust the upstairs and I'll be in good shape. Better than many times when they come visit! I hope to start decorating next week.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #124
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Joan -still praying for all of you.

Had a wonderful day at church. My children's choir did a wonderful job even though I had problems with the CD. Our sound system is rather old and I've been having problems using the CDs. I have another song to do for Christmas, but I might need to have a back up and call on the accompanist.

Came home and started on some laundry. I don't have much but several small loads. I want to get everything done because my parents are arriving this week for a visit. I usually don't do much laundry while they are here. I need to pick up and vacuum my craft room and vacuum, dust the upstairs and I'll be in good shape. Better than many times when they come visit! I hope to start decorating next week.

Joanne working with a children's choir is wonderful even though challenging. So love watching the little ones sing from complete memory while the adult choir uses sheet music. Having been in the adult choir for several years, us older folks need the sheet music.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #125
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

We are having Thanksgiving dinner part deux... Magda, Danny and the boys will be coming over around 7pm to help whittle down the leftovers.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #126
Stazon Splitcoast

We are having turkey sausage and peppers.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #127
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

we had ribs, cream corn, cornbread, butter peas.

hope you all have a great week HUGS TO YOU ALL.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #128
Mad Swapper

Smile

Everyone is having something yummy to eat, and I can't find anything that sounds good. Bob bought some shrimp, but it doesn't sound good. I told him to eat it, but he won't.

We are going to look for a new TV for my Craft room tomorrow. It is my Christmas gift, although it's kind of for Bob too. This way I'll spend more time creating, giving him time watching his crummy shows. We are switching to AT&T--U-Verse on Wednesday, so we want to get the TV before then, so they can hook everything up. So, tomorrow and Tuesday, I have to finish up in that room (other than all the painting, sewing, unpacking, etc).

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 11-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #129
Mad Swapper

I wish I could figure out why I am SO depressed this time of year!!! I have healthy children and grandchildren, nothing is wrong, but I feel like crying all the time! I have been in bed most of the day, and can't get motivated (even on my craft room). It starts before Thanksgiving and goes strong until after Christmas. Then hits again before my birthday. I isolate, and when I DO go out or talk to someone, I put on a good act and can't wait to get back to my house. I have several Natural light spectrum bulbs in my living room, and where I sit, I have a expensive special light fixture. I take prescription D. My depression is worse in the cold months, but I deal with it all year long. I know I've bent your ear about this before. Sorry, just ignore me when I repeat myself!!! Sorry!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 11-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #130
Mad Swapper

Did you see that we have an "EDIT" button at the bottom of our post? Well, after my last post I tried to DELEAT it, and it won't let me!!!

I'm sorry for writing it.

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 11-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #131
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalaskowski View Post
I wish I could figure out why I am SO depressed this time of year!!! I have healthy children and grandchildren, nothing is wrong, but I feel like crying all the time! I have been in bed most of the day, and can't get motivated (even on my craft room). It starts before Thanksgiving and goes strong until after Christmas. Then hits again before my birthday. I isolate, and when I DO go out or talk to someone, I put on a good act and can't wait to get back to my house. I have several Natural light spectrum bulbs in my living room, and where I sit, I have a expensive special light fixture. I take prescription D. My depression is worse in the cold months, but I deal with it all year long. I know I've bent your ear about this before. Sorry, just ignore me when I repeat myself!!! Sorry!!!

Linda, Christmas is a very difficult time for many people to get through bc of various problems with health, family, loss of a loved one, broken relationships and the list goes on; usually bc of expectations that sometimes we are not even aware that run deep in our hearts mind & souls. Lack of natural sunlight due to shorter days in winter and everything outside looks bare makes it hard as well. I look forward to December 21st the shortest day of the year for after that daylight gets longer and longer. Hang in there, better days are ahead. <3
Old 11-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #132
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalaskowski View Post
Did you see that we have an "EDIT" button at the bottom of our post? Well, after my last post I tried to DELEAT it, and it won't let me!!!

I'm sorry for writing it.

Linda, no need to be sorry for sharing how you feel - all of us go through those times so do not let your heart be troubled, we understand.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:28 AM   #133
Mad Swapper

Heart

Caterina, Thank you for your kind words. You always know what to say! I know I have a lot of gunk in my past, but damn it, go away already!!! My Son called the other evening. He is struggling, and no matter how old our children are, it hurts our hearts. Some of the same "gunk" that screws up my heart is screwing up his, and talking to him must have brought it to the surface, and he was alone and will be alone for the Holidays. I really miss him this year! Damn it, now I'm crying again! I have to stop it and be productive today!!!

Thank you for being the most caring person I know, and having the largest heart to be able to have room for all the grief you carry! God bless you!!!<3

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 11-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #134
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...l#post19847941