Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #81
Mad Swapper

Smile

We had a great Thanksgiving. I left all the leftovers at Shanna's. The baby was so much fun. He's always been so attached to his Mama, but really warmed up to me, finally! We played and read books. He had a cold, and he insisted on feeding me! Lots of hugs and kisses! His other grandparents were there, and they basically ignored him. Weird! The other kids were busy playing with their cousins, so not much attention for me! The 10 year old had a Christmas list.

Talked to my son. He says he wants to come home in January, and wants a big Thanksgiving dinner then. I'm so used to having my daughter to help me do a lot of the cooking and baking, I'm not sure if I can do ALL the work!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #82
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

Cat - your boys are cute!

Hedgie - glad you have both girls at home!

We had a wonderful, stress-free, Thanksgiving. Played lots of board games after Preston went to bed and ate lots of good food.

We're heading up to Denver shortly. After Brandon is done with his physical/fingerprints, we're going out to lunch at a new restaurant downtown (that a friend owns) and then we'll spend the rest of the day at the aquarium. It's a beautiful, sunny, cool, clear day!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #83
Stazon Splitcoast

Hedgie - most bras are $15.99 and then an extra 15% off with the coupon/email. I can send you the email if you need it. I forgot my coupon but someone else in line let me use theirs. No big deal.

So, for $100 I got:

5 bras
4 "no panty lines" underwear (LOL - it's never true, but they are minimal)
2 travel coffee mugs
3 card games for the boys' stockings

PLUS I got $30 to spend next week. Really good deal, I think, since bras are so expensive.

I really needed new bras. With losing weight all of mine are stretched out and I'm down a size.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

Hedgie - if you know the style/brand you like, just order them online! Free shipping and the code for 15% off is THANKFUL. You have to order by 3 pm.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #85
Glitter Guru

Jen, thanks for the heads up about bra's. I saw that Victoria's secret had them buy one get one half off. I would prefer to shop at Kohl's for the Kohl's cash.

I have googled coupon codes for Kohls in the past, I think you can add something like 2 coupons plus your Kohl's cash to save even more.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #86
Glitter Guru

I haven't bought new bras in over 3 years and I only own 4. They are all looking ratty and should be thrown out.

How often do you all purchase bra's and how many do you have?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #87
Glitter Guru

I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. I didn't have time to get online yesterday. We had brunch with my sister and her family, plus my parents, brother and grandparents. Then in the afternoon we hosted dinner with my parents, grandma and brother.

I was tired after all the food and fun. I was in bed asleep by nine.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #88
Stazon Splitcoast

I own about 6 that are fairly new and have about 6 other old, emergency ones that I'm wearing far too often. Many of mine are stretched out and/or too big. I'd say I have 4 that fit well. Now I'll have 8! I will probably throw out the emergency ones once the new ones get here. I don't like to rewear bras, so I wear a fresh one every day.

I don't like VS bras. They don't fit me well and they tend to be uncomfortable. I also don't like their marketing and store concepts. And I'm no prude, but they are really ridiculous.

My new favorites are Olga's Barely There and "t-shirt bra" brands. So comfy!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #89
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

It is so good to see so many Misfits today!

I shopped Kohl's online last night! I wanted two bras, but they only had one in my size in the color I wanted. I have three "colorful" bras because that was all they had in my size at the store. I found an off white on line (on sale awhile ago). I added two to my cart and it kept rejecting it. I finally put in only one and apparently got the last one. But I did okay. I have more things to shop for, but probably not at Kohl's. I have a few catalogs here that I have marked a few ideas. I need to do that - maybe tonight.

Right now I'm home alone with only the two older, quiet dogs. I am in the process of cleaning out my pantry. I threw away some expired cans of soup and fruit, but not too bad. I think I weeded through some of that a month or so ago though. I have to sort the Tupperware/Rubbermaid stuff. I have too much and I have pieces that don't have tops or bottoms. I'm going to be more heavy handed when I toss the stuff. My friend's daughter said she might need some, so I'll save the better stuff for her and mail that with her Christmas stuff.

I did not get on the scale today, but I did pretty well yesterday. Lots of veggies, but my treat for the day was sweet potato casserole (minus marshmallows -I don't care for that version). This was a crunchy topping of chopped pecans, flour and brown sugar. I used Splenda for all the sugars, even the brown sugar (they have a blend). It still had some carbs and probaby a lot of calories, but it was much better than it could have been!

After a quick break it is back to that pantry. Bill will help me with the upper part which involves a stool to reach and getting stuff pulled down from the back. I'm hoping quite a bit of that stuff will go, too. I'm in a cleaning out mood

OH and before I got up this morning, he had cleaned the stove top and the microwave (which was awful). He's a good guy.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #90
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

The bra question - I used to buy the cheapest I could find. I never was very full up top so it usually didn't matter. However, since I've gained weight, one is putting on weight. The other (that had chemo and radiation) still isn't that large. My new favorites are Vanity Fair no wire t-shirt bras. VERY comfy. SO much more expensive than I'm used to but I'm buying them on sale. I think I have six now. Maybe eight. I need to toss my old, cruddy, cheap ones, too.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #91
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
I haven't bought new bras in over 3 years and I only own 4. They are all looking ratty and should be thrown out.

How often do you all purchase bra's and how many do you have?
I try to go to Victoria Secret for their bi-annual bra sale to pick up 2-3 new bras each time so right now I have about 12 bras. Recently I bought three bras from HSN when they had a Today's Special on Rhonda Shear sports bras which are very comfortable.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #92
Glitter Guru

I have found 2 bras so far that I like at Kohl's and the 2 of them together dont add up to what I have spent on 1 from VS.

When I had a larger chest I couldnt wear the ones from VS, now that I am extremely flat chested I have found they are comfortable, I just dont want to pay that much for something I wear under my clothes.

I'm no prude either but I hate their ads and the half naked mannequins in their windows. It seems like their are sexual undertones/inuendos on all the tv stations now, including my beloved HGTV. I couldnt stand the commercial for House Hunters with Sandra Rinomato.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #93
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
Hedgie - most bras are $15.99 and then an extra 15% off with the coupon/email. I can send you the email if you need it. I forgot my coupon but someone else in line let me use theirs. No big deal.

So, for $100 I got:

5 bras
2 travel coffee mugs

PLUS I got $30 to spend next week. Really good deal, I think, since bras are so expensive.

I really needed new bras. With losing weight all of mine are stretched out and I'm down a size.

Jen, you made out pretty well!
Old 11-23-2012, 09:57 AM   #94
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
I have found 2 bras so far that I like at Kohl's and the 2 of them together dont add up to what I have spent on 1 from VS.

When I had a larger chest I couldnt wear the ones from VS, now that I am extremely flat chested I have found they are comfortable, I just dont want to pay that much for something I wear under my clothes.

I'm no prude either but I hate their ads and the half naked mannequins in their windows. It seems like their are sexual undertones/inuendos on all the tv stations now, including my beloved HGTV. I couldnt stand the commercial for House Hunters with Sandra Rinomato.

VS is over-priced that is why I wait for their sales. I try to find the 'unfancy' ones because they are usually more comfortable... at this stage at life, it is all about the comfort. I agree about the ads, they go a little too far for me. Reynold will not even go in VS with me... he always waits outside.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #95
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Do not know if anyone has Fios but the Starz channel is open throughout the weekend. Just finished watching Soul Surfer which is such an uplifting encouraging movie based upon a true story.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #96
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joan you lovely Thanksgiving card just arrived - love the way to made those pumpkins, how creative. You are extremely sweet to always send cards. <3
Old 11-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #97
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan - I got your card Wednesday and forgot to thank you. Every month I tell myself I'm going to get a card off to you. I'm failing. BUT you will get one in December!

I have finished what I can do myself in the pantry. I managed to get a drawer/shelf for my Nutrisystem food! Woo hoo!! However, I still don't have all the plastic storage containers put away yet. I have more lids than bottoms. I don't understand what happens to these things! I hope I can fit it all in and be done!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #98
Stazon Splitcoast

You are welcome about the cards. I love making and sending! It is my stress relief.

I needed new bras earlier in fall. I was buying the least expensive ones that fit. This time I decided to buy Playtex 18 hr. I love them.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #99
Stazon Splitcoast

Last night I actually scored a Lightning Deal from Amazon. Those go really fast so I was happily surprised. A new video game for the boys at half price!

I took a nap, which I normally don't do. All those carbs and turkey! LOL
Old 11-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #100
Mad Swapper

Smile

I bought 6 new bras in the early Fall. I actually bought some PRETTY ones. 1 purple an pink on white, one leopard, one grayish animal print, the others are more tame. I probably have 10+ total. I have 1 Warchal that I LOVE ! ! ! It is very comfortable, and keeps holding you up and comfy forever! They are pricey and never go on sale.

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #101
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Joan thanks for the Thanksgiving Card.

home from the Moutain had a great day yesterday eating dinner with just DH and I. then this morning we went to a few stores there. we did a christmas show then we decided to come home after the show. we still had tonight there but we just wanted to come back home.

well hope you all have a great weekend. I think tomorrow we will put up our tree. we bought a new one yesterday.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:24 AM   #102
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
I own about 6 that are fairly new and have about 6 other old, emergency ones that I'm wearing far too often. Many of mine are stretched out and/or too big. I'd say I have 4 that fit well. Now I'll have 8! I will probably throw out the emergency ones once the new ones get here. I don't like to rewear bras, so I wear a fresh one every day.

I don't like VS bras. They don't fit me well and they tend to be uncomfortable. I also don't like their marketing and store concepts. And I'm no prude, but they are really ridiculous.

My new favorites are Olga's Barely There and "t-shirt bra" brands. So comfy!
Thanks for the info Jen. I have fewer than all of you! I have 5 bras, 3 are in need of replacing! The other two are not as comfortable which is why they are in better shape.

I think I have the extra 15% code Jen...I will look if not will ask for yours. Thanks so much...!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #103
Die Cut Diva

WOW - that is alot for your $100 - You did GREAT!!!

Sherry

Quote:

So, for $100 I got:

5 bras
2 travel coffee mugs

Old 11-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #104
Die Cut Diva

I have about 10 bras about 1/2 look good, the other 1/2 are older, but I keep them. I like the platex secrets. I buy them when I find them on sale. they are the only ones I like and that is one thing I don't skimp on!

I bought a turkey yesterday, will cook this afternoon. All the left overs stay at my moms and I really want more turkey!

I have been busy getting ready for this craft fair!

Joan thank you for the card! You are so talented and thoughtful! I really love recieving your happy mail!

Sherry
Old 11-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #105

Got my tree up today put stockings up, got wreath on door. i wonder how long i will keep it up before i will be ready to take down. working on a few swaps today. just enjoying this lazy saturday.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #106
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all! It got COLD here! We knew it was coming and if it wasn't so windy, it wouldn't feel so bad. Our 60-degree days are probably gone for awhile!

Went and did some shopping for Christmas goodies and treats. Julie has some things she wants to make for friends and I needed a few things. We spent more than I expected, but got a roast, stew meat and hamburger as well as other things. My parents are coming on Tuesday so I'll probably do the roast one night and maybe meatloaf another night of their visit.

Unfortunately, I developed a bit of a headache as we were checking out. I came home and had something to eat. I might make a cup of tea and just watch some tv. I have to clean the bathroom and work on laundry.

Also, Marie is being difficult and demanding again. It is stressing Julie and I out. I know a lot of this is part of her issues, but Bill always gives in and that does not help the rest of us.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #107
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Both of my girls have the flu!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #108
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh no! I hope you aren't next! Both of mine have colds and I feel like I am getting one too!

Safely back home in NH!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #109
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Oh no! I hope you aren't next! Both of mine have colds and I feel like I am getting one too!

Safely back home in NH!

I sure hope not, for both of us! Kind of a bummer for all.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been eating lots of clementines. So yummy! My kids want cereal and yogurt for dinner. Not sure what I am going to eat. The fridge is empty!
Old 11-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #111

Hedgie sorry about your girls.

Jen sorry about your boys, and hope your not getting sick, DH said yesterday he thought he was getting sick. . I guess its the weather.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #112
Stazon Splitcoast

My ds just called me. He called from their garage. he doesn't know where to go or what to do? I am so very sad right now. His wife has asked for a separation. They have my only grandchild. His wife has never liked me or for that matter the rest of our family. So I rarely get to see my dgd as it is. My DS has a physical disability. I have wondered if she could handle this for a lifetime! Please pray!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #113
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
My ds just called me. He called from their garage. he doesn't know where to go or what to do? I am so very sad right now. His wife has asked for a separation. They have my only grandchild. His wife has never liked me or for that matter the rest of our family. So I rarely get to see my dgd as it is. My DS has a physical disability. I have wondered if she could handle this for a lifetime! Please pray!

Joan, can truly understand your distress about this. Please know you can call me anytime to talk. Sending much love and hugs.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #114

Joan sending prayers for your Son and for you. SO sorry to hear about his situation.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #115
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
Both of my girls have the flu!

So sorry sending healing hugs. <3
Old 11-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #116
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Hi all! It got COLD here! We knew it was coming and if it wasn't so windy, it wouldn't feel so bad. Our 60-degree days are probably gone for awhile!

Went and did some shopping for Christmas goodies and treats. Julie has some things she wants to make for friends and I needed a few things. We spent more than I expected, but got a roast, stew meat and hamburger as well as other things. My parents are coming on Tuesday so I'll probably do the roast one night and maybe meatloaf another night of their visit.

Unfortunately, I developed a bit of a headache as we were checking out. I came home and had something to eat. I might make a cup of tea and just watch some tv. I have to clean the bathroom and work on laundry.

Also, Marie is being difficult and demanding again. It is stressing Julie and I out. I know a lot of this is part of her issues, but Bill always gives in and that does not help the rest of us.

It is super cold and windy here, too, wanted to get out but.... my sweet YAWAG husband did get out to buy the Hess trucks that I give every year to our grandsons. Alexander still keeps his collection here on the shelving in my craft room.

Sorry about Marie, Joanne, again can truly understand your stressful situation as well and it is a difficult one. <3
Old 11-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #117
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan. I am so sorry to hear the news. Tell your son not to leave!!!!! She can claim abandonment. He or you can call me tomorrow if you want. Other tips would be to keep a running journal of how much time he spends with DD, copies of bank statements,etc.

I will pray for you all!
Old 11-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #118
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan - I am so very sorry. I'm sure you are beside yourself. Please call me if you want/need to talk. Call collect if you need to! I will add him and YOU to my prayer list.

Hedgie - how yucky for your poor girls. My neighbor is sick too. When I was out last week I heard four people coughing. One was at the pharmacy - behind the counter! UGH.

Jen - glad you are home safe and sound. Bill and Julie love cereal for dinner. Marie and I = not so much! The girls had pizza for dinner. I had two little bites.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:12 AM   #119
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Up bright and early! We are doing the tree today and decorating!

I did get on the scale this am. Gained exactly one pound since Weds am. Not bad for all that I ate! I am sure that pound will come right off once I get back to healthy eating.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #120

good morning. hope you all have a great Sunday. mine is a lazy one for sure. i wanted to start wrapping some gifts but i dont have any paper lol. I thought i had some left over from last year. I guess not. oh well i guess i will grab some this week.

Joan still thinking about you and your Son.

Jen enjoy decorating today, I want to get some more things for the outside. so we shall see.

Hello to all and hope you all have a great week ahead as well.