Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 06:06 AM   #1
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado
Default ***Misfit Monday (10-8-12)***

Happy Columbus Day!

We had a busy day yesterday. My neighbor came over in the morning and cut my hair. It's been 2 months and it feels so much better!

We went out to breakfast at one of our favorite restaurants and then over to the new Starbucks that just opened - got the Salted Caramel Mocha and it was delicious!!

Then we drove up to a farm North of Denver. I got one of their fliers at the farmer's market. They had a bunch of things to do and I've never ever been on a farm. We took a hayride and they stop in the fields and you can pick as much produce as you want! We have a lot of food that I need to start cooking!! We counted 17 different things including more pumpkins. We ate dinner up there and didn't get home until 9:00pm. We were all exhausted but had a blast. My nose is driving me nuts today though!!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning Jennifer and Happy Columbus Day back to you!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
Mad Swapper

Smile

Happy Columbus Day!
When my kids were growing up, we always went camping this weekend with my best friend and her family. It was always cold and rainy, and the last camping trip of the year. Some good old memories.

I can't put it off any longer! When we were on vacation a couple weeks ago, In the bathroom of the hotel, they had one of those shower curtains rods that curve outward. Well, I decided to get one. So, I am tearing my bathroom apart today, working on a little mold, and deep cleaning. I've been putting it off, because it will be hard since I can't get down on my knee. I had to order the shower curtain, and it should be here today. So here I GO ! ! !

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
New Mommy

Linda - I've thought about getting one of those shower rods too. I was at the store the other day and forgot to look at them!

Old 10-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
New Mommy

Pictures from the farm:
Attached Thumbnails
miller-farms-pumpkin-pile.jpg   miller-farms-pumpkin-patch.jpg   miller-farms-family-pic.jpg   miller-farms-hayride.jpg   miller-farms-driving-tractor.jpg  

Old 10-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #6
New Mommy

More farm pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
miller-farms-tractor-ride-daddy.jpg   miller-farms-towmater.jpg   miller-farms-big-chair.jpg   miller-farms-cactus.jpg  

Old 10-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Great pictures, Jennifer!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #8
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennifer - as always, great pics! I can't believe you'd never been to a farm before! You were deprived! LOL

It is chilly here today. The house reads 62 degrees. I really, really, really don't want to turn on the heat yet. I really don't want to. I'm wearing a sweater and everything!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #9
Mad Swapper

Smile

Love the pictures Jennifer!
Preston just gets getting bigger and cuter!
I couldn't go to the Pumpkin Patch last year because my knee hurt too bad, and this year we will wait and see.

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 10-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

Bought another secret santa gift!

Closed on the house refinance today! The ex is officially off of the house. He'd been off the deed/ownership for awhile but I had extra time to get him off the mortgage.

Then we went shopping for a couple of things. I made low fat tuna melts for lunch and we're going out to dinner tonight to celebrate.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Jennifer love the pics

Jen congrats on closing on your house refi i am sure its relief to get your ex off. have fun celebrating tonight

its little chilly today. we are going to go to a friends house tonight for dinner she is cooking chilli so i cant wait, well back to work i go. dreary and rainy and cold day i need to stay in bed.

check in tonight.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #12
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkincolorado View Post
Linda - I've thought about getting one of those shower rods too. I was at the store the other day and forgot to look at them!
The Hotel had these "Easy on and off" Shower curtains too. They looked like cloth, and they were all you needed, no other shower curtain. There was a strip at face level that #1 semi let you see out, and #2 let more light in. I really liked them, and remember seeing something similar on QVC before. I searched, and found them, and they come in an extra long size. I decided the longer length is probably essential for those curved rods. Hopefully, mine will be here today or tomorrow.

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 10-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon! I would say fall is in the air. It is 61 degrees inside and outside. I am enjoying it. It was hard to go back to work after being off since last Wednesday! I really could be an at home person. My heel is killing me. There was a big meeting at work. WOW did we get a tongue lashing.

I have not tried copics. They seem pricey for me. I know that others love them. I am used to coloring with my Bics and sharpies.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
Bought another secret santa gift!

Closed on the house refinance today! The ex is officially off of the house. He'd been off the deed/ownership for awhile but I had extra time to get him off the mortgage.

Then we went shopping for a couple of things. I made low fat tuna melts for lunch and we're going out to dinner tonight to celebrate.
Congrats! Enjoy your dinner out - you deserve it!

Old 10-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #15
New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalaskowski View Post
The Hotel had these "Easy on and off" Shower curtains too. They looked like cloth, and they were all you needed, no other shower curtain. There was a strip at face level that #1 semi let you see out, and #2 let more light in. I really liked them, and remember seeing something similar on QVC before. I searched, and found them, and they come in an extra long size. I decided the longer length is probably essential for those curved rods. Hopefully, mine will be here today or tomorrow.
I've seen those curtains too - they're probably pretty standard in hotels. Not sure if I like the clear top though!!

Old 10-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #16
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Good afternoon! I would say fall is in the air. It is 61 degrees inside and outside. I am enjoying it. It was hard to go back to work after being off since last Wednesday! I really could be an at home person. My heel is killing me. There was a big meeting at work. WOW did we get a tongue lashing.

I have not tried copics. They seem pricey for me. I know that others love them. I am used to coloring with my Bics and sharpies.
Sorry you heel is hurting so much.... sending healing hugs your way.

Copics are a bit pricey, that's why I only had a few until my local craft store offer 36 of them at a good price and allowed installments.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #17
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Good afternoon! I would say fall is in the air. It is 61 degrees inside and outside. I am enjoying it. It was hard to go back to work after being off since last Wednesday! I really could be an at home person. My heel is killing me.
Joan, I do feel sorry for you! I lived with it longer than I should have. It was terrible! If you don't have any relief in the next day or so, I'd say the Cortisone is not going to help. What did your doctor say for a backup plan?

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 10-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #18
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon - I have been sneezing, sniffling, blowing my nose, scratchy throat all afternoon. This is with allergy meds. I have two different OTC - they obviously aren't cutting it. If I am upright, I am sneezing, runny-nosed. I am going to run out of tissues again! LOL It's just a nuisance more than anything.

Joan - I really wish you did not have to work. I am sorry for your heel pain and even more so for the situation at work. When you DO decide to leave they are going to realize just how much you have done all these years. Then they will be sorry. Or your boss will start yelling at even more people - either way, everyone loses. I am so sorry, dear friend.

Did I tell you that Julie's room is painted (it is a green, but darker than I would have chosen) her trim is white and her furniture is white so it will look nice when it is all together. Her carpet gets installed tomorrow. That means we can start moving her back in over the next few days. We have lots and lots of bags to sort through. I hope she is in a "get rid of" mood.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #19
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Copics are very expensive! I started buying mine years ago, a little here, a little there. I almost always got them on sale. I love art, but CAN'T draw! I have loved to color all my life, and I love being able to shade and blend colors with Copics. They are a big expense, but you never have to purchase them again! I have the Sketch Copics, but they make a smaller, less expensive, one to. Before I had Copics, I used colored pencils and watercolor.

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 10-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #20
Die Cut Diva

on the homepage of splitcoast they are advertising a new alcohol marker. Looks to run about $2 each. they sell them in sets. I watched the you tube video and they look to color and blend just about like copics. I'm thinking about asking for some for my birthday to try them out!

Sherry
Old 10-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I have never really been able to blend colors well or watercolor. I've attempted more in the last few years, but I am not usually happy with the way it turns out.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #22
New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Afternoon - I have been sneezing, sniffling, blowing my nose, scratchy throat all afternoon. This is with allergy meds. I have two different OTC - they obviously aren't cutting it. If I am upright, I am sneezing, runny-nosed. I am going to run out of tissues again! LOL It's just a nuisance more than anything.
Same here Joanne! My nose is very itchy too. I'm sure it's from being on the farm yesterday - all that hay and grass and weeds.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #23

had a great dinner with the friend, she cooked chilli she had out plates set out fixed our bowls drinks and all. we were the guests. i tried to help her clean up but she refused so DH left and then her and I went to home depot, Academy Sports, Burkes Outlet, JoAnns I am going to decopage a Letter R for the wall in my living room she has one in hers and i love it. its the BIG ones you see at JoAnns. Then i came home and now about to go get in my warm bed. it is cold out there today.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #24
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

We have Conrad tonight and he was really tired... he will be up as soon as the sun comes up.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #25
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope you all have a great night's rest. I know that many have trouble sleeping. Coloring is not my forte. Even as a little girl I wasn't as good as others.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #26
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm up to go to the bathroom and then started sneezing my head off! Hope it stops so I can go back to sleep.

Joan - you color beautiful images! You do a lot of that in your cards. My mom likes to color, too. Sure would be nice to get all of us together (my mom included) to have a weekend (notice I didn't say just a day) to create and chat and have fun!

Okay, back to bed. Hopefully, the sneezing is done!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:49 AM   #27
New Mommy

I woke up at 3:45 and laid in bed for awhile and finally decided to get up. I have so much I need to do and I'm feeling very overwhelmed. I need to just take things one at a time and not focus on the big picture. I'm trying to plan Preston's birthday party and get ready for our trip to NM - we leave on Thursday.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:59 AM   #28
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Joan, your images are beautiful. Tell me what sharpies and other things you use? What size and types of points?

I just assumed you used copics....

If one were to buy copics do you buy three complimenting colors? Is that how you start? Maybe I could try them at archivers?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:25 AM   #29
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Hope you all have a great night's rest. I know that many have trouble sleeping. Coloring is not my forte. Even as a little girl I wasn't as good as others.
Joan, your cards are beautiful!!! You color beautifully!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 10-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #30
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
If one were to buy copics do you buy three complimenting colors? Is that how you start? Maybe I could try them at archivers?
Karen, When I started buying Copics, I did just that,...bought 3 complimenting colors. Then, I watched some videos on "YOUTUBE", and learned a lot about how to buy them. I'm sure someone at Archivers can help you too. You're lucky to live close to one!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 10-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #31
New Mommy

I need to stop procrastinating!! I tried to get our car in for an oil change before our trip and they don't have any openings until October 23rd!! Seriously?!? They transferred me to the dealer across town and luckily they can do it today. It's my own fault that I bring on this unnecessary stress. The first location is closer to our house and we can easily go for a walk while we wait, the other one is on a busy road. Anyone available to babysit Preston while I get my oil changed?

Old 10-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #32
Die Cut Diva

Happy Tuesday!

At work today, not as bad as Tuesday's after a holiday usually are. Thank goodness!

Jennifer - I'll watch Preston! I would love to have him for a little while! I would spoil him and then give him back!

Sherry
Old 10-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #33
New Mommy

Oil change - DONE!!!

It actually wasn't too bad. We ended up staying in the waiting room - they have a separate room with toys and Preston had a blast and was such a good boy! They even washed my car which we were going to do on our way home. Score!!

On our way there, I decided to try Dutch Bros coffee. The guy was super friendly and gave me my drink for FREE! It was really good - I'll definitely be going back!

Old 10-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #34
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hello all! Got a much needed hair cut/color today. Goodness, my hair grows fast.

Did some SS shopping yesterday - it was fun to take a look around at all the neat stuff.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #35
Mad Swapper

Smile

I went to my Chiropractor today to try Acupressure. I could have sworn my insurance paid for it. After my session, They said that it doesn't. They have those pillows with water in them, to keep them cool, and adjust their firmness. Has any of you seen or tried them?

I went to Target afterward, and bought some nail polish to feed my addiction , that I'm having right now. I never thought I would wear blue nail polish, and I did today. It's fun,...if I don't like it, I can give it to one of my 2 older granddaughters, Lexy or Adranna. It's good that I don't live closer to a Sephora!

Then, it was a final stop to Starbucks. I had to see if The Pumpkin Spice Latte was all that everyone was talking about. It was pretty yummy!!!

Then, all that wore me out, so had to take a little nap. Now it's "Dancing With The Stars".

Busy day, but I didn't get anything done at home, and I have LOTS tho get done!!! TOMORROW ! ! !

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 10-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #36

hope you all had a good day today. it was a pretty good day today. Tomorrow have drs appt that dreaded one OBGYN pap test . but hopefully we can figure out whats going on with my monthly crap too. its driving me nuts last month was on it for almost 3 weeks then stop now i started again today. crazy. so we shall see.

i bought something for my SS (Not crafty) but thought it was cute on Sunday when I was in Pigeon Forge. i forgot that i got that until i unpacked my bags from Sunday today. it was in there. well hope you all have a great day tomorrow. HUGS TO ALL
Old 10-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #37
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning!

I think I'm going to get started on my Secret Santa this weekend! Can't wait!

My poor daughter is growing so fast I cannot keep her in shoes and clothes. so yesterday I went to payless and bought her 4 pairs of shoes. I would really like to buy her a nicer pair, but the way she grows, I just cannot afford it! She'll be done one day!

It is feeling like Fall around here! Love it! I think fall is my favorite season and so many times, Texas just runs right past it! ha ha, but this year looks like we will have a really nice one!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Sherry
Old 10-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #38
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Wednesday!

Sounds like everyone is really getting into the secret santa - it is going to be difficult to wait until December!

Magda will be bringing Conrad over soon and Reynold will be taking Conrad with him to do his vending machine. Am sure Conrad will get a treat as "Pop" fills the machine.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #39
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon!

Finally got some sunshine today. I just finished cleaning up the kitchen. Bill and the girls made their own dinner last night and I believe they used every pot and pan available. I cheated and put some in the dishwasher, but everything is now cleaned up. I have to put away all my Rubbermaid containers tho. They have to go in "just so" or they don't fit. I obviously have too much of it as most of it stays in the pantry. Time to purge.

I want to stamp this afternoon. I want to make some Halloween cards to send out to a few college students. Would love to send to all my friends and family but I doubt I'll get that many made!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #40
Mad Swapper

Smile

I woke up with pain in-between my shoulder blades. It must be from the acupuncture. I called our Insurance Co, and it SHOULD pay for the acupuncture in full, if they bill it right. I'm not going to go again until that happens. I'm questioning if I should find someone that practices acupuncture as their #1 practice. Mine is a Chiropractor.

I got my flu shot this morning, and in return, let them have some of my blood to check my cholestorol. Then Bob and I went out for breakfast. I have to finish up in the bathroom. I checked with QVC, and they never sent my shower curtain. I ordered it on line, and somehow, it thought I was sending a check??? So, they are sending it out today! Sure glad I called!!!

~~~LINDA~~~