Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #81
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Where is everyone today?

Ditto, Joanne, it has been extra lonely here.

How are you feeling... any better?

Siting here with my moist heat on my shoulder and was able to get my appointment moved up to which I am very grateful.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #82
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

No, I'm actually feeling worse. Even a little chilled so I might be starting to run a fever. I'm supposed to go to a baby shower tomorrow, but I'm not going feeling like this. I have other things the next couple of days as well.

Are you taking any pain meds, Cat?
Old 11-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #83
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
No, I'm actually feeling worse. Even a little chilled so I might be starting to run a fever. I'm supposed to go to a baby shower tomorrow, but I'm not going feeling like this. I have other things the next couple of days as well.

Are you taking any pain meds, Cat?

Aww, sorry you are feeling worse... it must be going around because several people are feeling sick, sore throat, etc.

Am unable to take pain meds because of my bowel problems. Any type of pain med will cause my colon to shut down causing more trouble than the pain I am feeling right now. It is what it is, just so grateful for my wonderful yawag husband who took care of Camron & Conrad today.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Joanne- Sorry that you are not feeling well. I have had a cough for about a week. It is only really bad at night. So sleeping is an issue.
Caterina- take care!
Nichole- I pray that the right decisions will be made. I wish work was a better situation for you! A break might be the best answer!

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." - E. B. White

Joan
Old 11-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #85
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Quote:
Morning - Miss Whine-a-lot here today. I have the beginnings of a cold. Scratchy throat, cough, yuck. My head and ears feel all stuffed like I have cotton everywhere. And I have a baby shower to attend tomorrow!!!!

Hedgie - I was wondering how your job is going as well. Since it is all still "new" it can take awhile.

Nikki - I think you need a break. You have been doing so much. With your own school last year, work, etc. I think a change would be good for your mental health!!! But I thought your DH wanted to retire?
Joanne, So sorry you feel yucky. Take a decongestant...When I get like that I either take DayQuil/NyQuil or AlkaSeltzer capsules...Does that sort of thing help you? There are many bugs going around.

Nikki, I can hear your frustration. I know this has been a rough few months for you. I know you will come to a good decision for yourself and your hubby.

I had a rough week #2 last week. I had to discuss some things with a few ppl and clarify my thoughts/their thoughts. It in the end was GOOD, we all got to know each other better and I think they respect me a bit more?

This week went well, but I did not physically feel all that great. I really felt like I hit a wall each day by 3pm. I think it is because I am concentrating so hard, there are so many details to remember and I had quite a few very difficult calls. I had a suicide call, severe abd pain x 3, bleeding x 2....and multiple folks who needed same day appts for less serious but fairly urgent needs.

It is a good job and a good dept. I am happy I made the change. I feel better about things, just am wiped out!

I went to Costco and spent $250. How does a person living alone spend $250 at Costco? I did stock up on TP, etc...and multi paks of food items I always eat...laundry stuff, etc... should reduce my regular grocery store bill for some time!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #86
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Joanne he does want to retire but when they approached him about moving he was all for it lol yes i do wish things were better at work but i dont see it happening anytime soon. it was VERY TENSE there today oh well. Just praying that the right decisions come available.

hope you all have a great weekend DH is off this weekend so we have a few things planned eating dinner with friends tomorrow night going to see leaves etc. cant wait we havent spent time together in a LONG TIME.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #87
Stazon Splitcoast

Nichole, maybe the transfer is God's way of saying it's time to leave that job. When one door closes.... I hope you can find peace in all of this!

Hedgie - wow, that is stressful, but I know you can handle it!

Cat - so sorry you can't have pain meds. I hope tonight finds you pain free!

Joanne - feel better soon! I hope it's just a quick cold!

Joan - hello to you my friend! How are things out by you?!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #88

Jen that is what i am thinking as well. God closed a door on me 2 years ago and brought me here but i believe he has better THINGS waiting for me on the other side. Like you said one chapter closes while the other waits to be opened. Like my fb status Faith in God iincludes Faith in his timing.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #89
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Saturday!

I'm feeling worse - now I have a cough. I was laying down, but that made the cough worse. Will be long day and night, I bet! No baby shwoer for me today and my mom said they won't visit this week. Gee, I wonder why?!?!?!
Old 11-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Saturday to all!
Joanne- I sit up in the recliner to try and sleep. it does seem to help!
Nichole- thinking of you!
Caterina- praying for comfort!
Jen- A little crazy around here. Dh's dad is in the hospital. he has had congestive heart failure for years.. He had a heart attack and has prostate cancer, liver and kidney problems. Dh's niece is back in the hospital in California. She needs more surgery after the 4 wheeler accident. My SIL is undergoing chemo therapy. She has small cell carcinoma and the prognosis is not good. Other than that I guess things are okay. How are you and the boys doing?

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." - E. B. White

Joan
Old 11-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #91
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan - you have a LOT to be dealing with right now. I'm sorry. HUGS to you dear friend.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Wow, Joan, you have so much going on!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #93
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Happy Saturday to all!
Joanne- I sit up in the recliner to try and sleep. it does seem to help!
Nichole- thinking of you!
Caterina- praying for comfort!
Jen- A little crazy around here. Dh's dad is in the hospital. he has had congestive heart failure for years.. He had a heart attack and has prostate cancer, liver and kidney problems. Dh's niece is back in the hospital in California. She needs more surgery after the 4 wheeler accident. My SIL is undergoing chemo therapy. She has small cell carcinoma and the prognosis is not good. Other than that I guess things are okay. How are you and the boys doing?
Joan I am so sorry you are under so much stress. Is the small cell cancer in the lung? It is hard to watch the leaves fall off the trees,see the weather change, and think of all of these folks struggling. You are always the one you really reaches out to us, when we need an ecouraging word. I hope we can do the same for you dear Joan.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #94
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

We are a great group of friends, even if we haven't all met in person. It is always so nice to come here and see the thoughts and encouragement that is shared. You are all special to me!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #95
Stazon Splitcoast

Hedgie- Yes, it is in the lungs. It is the same cancer, my brother, her DH died from about 5 yrs ago. Thanks for your kind words.
Joanne and Caterina- thanks! DH needs thoughts and prayers.
DH just called. He went to the hospital. His dad has not even opened his eyes to look at him. The drs are going to run more tests. He is not responding to them either. I didn't go with him because I have this bad cough and didn't think it was a good idea to expose him to this too! I feel bad that Dh is there alone with his parents.

Joan
Old 11-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #96
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan- am praying for your DH right now.

I got some more sad news about my neighbor. Here is the email I received.

This is written by Karen's dad:

To all,

Last night at her own request Karen was taken to Hospice in Philadelphia. Karen had a difficult 3 days and was increasingly
lethargic. Janie stayed over night and reported that Karen is not doing well. Please pray for Karen, Matthew and Victoria and all of their family. Carol and myself along with Karen's brother David and his two children are going into the city as soon as we can meet at our house.

Dale H
Old 11-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #97

Joan sorry for all of the things you have going on with sickness in your family praying for you.

Joanne sorry about your neighbor
Old 11-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #98
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan - I am so sorry that so many are ill in your life right now! I know it seems hard to stay away if you are sick, but it is best to do just that. I am sure your DH understands! I will say some prayers for strength and healing!

Joanne - I will pray for your neighbor. How very sad. I hope you are feeling better soon! Tis the season, huh?

Hi Cat and Nichole and Hedgie and Liz and Jen (who I know is not here).
Old 11-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #99
Stazon Splitcoast

I've had a pretty good weekend. Last night my friend did my hair and I love it! Love the color and love the cut - it's so fun. I'll have to see if I can get a photo soon!

Today I had a lovely lunch date with a new friend. Yes, it's a guy. Yes it was a first date. He seemed just as nice in person as he has been online/on the phone. He asked to see me again (no kiss since I know you all want to know LOL). I don't feel like sparks flew or anything, but I am looking for something different than that now anyway. We had already agreed that at the very least we'd be good friends. We have SO much in common it's ridiculous.

It's the first decent date I've had in a long time. It was fun.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #100
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen- Congrats
Thanks for the prayers... please keep them coming

Joan
Old 11-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #101

JEN YAY GLAD YOUR DATE WAS GREAT maybe it will turn into something GOOD for you you just never know

heading over friends house for dinner (but we actually are going out to eat). cant wait to see her especialy the kiddos. she has 3 kids. 5, 3, 11mth old.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #102
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
We are a great group of friends, even if we haven't all met in person. It is always so nice to come here and see the thoughts and encouragement that is shared. You are all special to me!

Right back to you Joanne <3
Old 11-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #103
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
I've had a pretty good weekend. Last night my friend did my hair and I love it! Love the color and love the cut - it's so fun. I'll have to see if I can get a photo soon!

Today I had a lovely lunch date with a new friend. Yes, it's a guy. Yes it was a first date. He seemed just as nice in person as he has been online/on the phone. He asked to see me again (no kiss since I know you all want to know LOL). I don't feel like sparks flew or anything, but I am looking for something different than that now anyway. We had already agreed that at the very least we'd be good friends. We have SO much in common it's ridiculous.

Happy for you!!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #104
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
JEN YAY GLAD YOUR DATE WAS GREAT maybe it will turn into something GOOD for you you just never know

heading over friends house for dinner (but we actually are going out to eat). cant wait to see her especialy the kiddos. she has 3 kids. 5, 3, 11mth old.

Enjoy your dinner Nichole and eat something good for me.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #105
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Joan- am praying for your DH right now.

I got some more sad news about my neighbor. Here is the email I received.

This is written by Karen's dad:

To all,

Last night at her own request Karen was taken to Hospice in Philadelphia. Karen had a difficult 3 days and was increasingly
lethargic. Janie stayed over night and reported that Karen is not doing well. Please pray for Karen, Matthew and Victoria and all of their family. Carol and myself along with Karen's brother David and his two children are going into the city as soon as we can meet at our house.

Dale H

Joanne, already saw this about your friend when you posted in on FB and even though I left a message there, just wanted to say once again, how my heart hurts for Karen, her precious children and family - you, too. <3
Old 11-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

Have fun Nichole!

I'm not sure this guy is ready for a LTR, but you never know where friendship ends up!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #107
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:

Happy for you Jen! I emailed x 2 with one man who wants an intelligent woman. I asked him a question and his response was, "That was not an intelligent question" He apparently thinks he is super intelligent and looks down his nose at others. I didn't like him enough to even meet him. Don't think he liked me either!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #108
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
Happy for you Jen! I emailed x 2 with one man who wants an intelligent woman. I asked him a question and his response was, "That was not an intelligent question" He apparently thinks he is super intelligent and looks down his nose at others. I didn't like him enough to even meet him. Don't think he liked me either!
Well, he's going to spend a long time looking for that intelligent woman! Too bad he missed one. Seriously, who only speaks intelligently all the time. ????
Old 11-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #109
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Well, he's going to spend a long time looking for that intelligent woman! Too bad he missed one. Seriously, who only speaks intelligently all the time. ????
I suspect I hit a nerve. It was regarding honesty. He is probably a cheater.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

Hedgie- You are probably right! As I tell the kids at school... he's not good enough for you!
Nichole- Have a fun evening!
DH just came home. his dad woke up briefly and spoke to him. He then went back to sleep. DH's brother, SIL and his son came so he left.

Joan
Old 11-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #111
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello again - I took a nap. I hope I don't regret it, but I needed it.

Jen- glad you had a nice time! Friends first works wonderfully well. Bill and I were friends first. Of course, we were also teenagers!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:54 AM   #112
Stazon Splitcoast

I slept really well last night, though I had weird dreams!

I've been cleaning - so much to do around here! Later on I'll go out and do some Christmas shopping!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:37 AM   #113
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I slept pretty well last night, too. However, I woke up with a cough that is not stopping. I'm drinking and drinking - I'm going to float away! I took a shower, too, hoping that would help.

I hope my Julie doesn't have too much trouble with the kids at Sunday school today.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:50 AM   #114
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
I slept really well last night, though I had weird dreams!

I've been cleaning - so much to do around here! Later on I'll go out and do some Christmas shopping!

Enjoy Christmas shopping!!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:53 AM   #115
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
I slept pretty well last night, too. However, I woke up with a cough that is not stopping. I'm drinking and drinking - I'm going to float away! I took a shower, too, hoping that would help.

I hope my Julie doesn't have too much trouble with the kids at Sunday school today.

BOO-HOO, HISS!!! Sending tons of healing hugs your way!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #116
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne- Sure hope I didn't send that cough via the internet. I have had it for 9 days. My gut and back hurt from coughing.
jen- have fun shopping. Send the cleaning mojo my way.
Caterina- How is your shoulder? I've been thinking about you!

Joan
Old 11-06-2011, 07:46 AM   #117
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

It's funny, Joan. My mom asked where I was that I got it - I figure it had to be the grocery store. I really haven't been out doing much else of late! Oh well. I'm sure it will pass, but it is annoying right now. I think the congestion (which I didn't really know I had) is breaking up. My cough sounds a little more loose - sorry, TMI!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:05 AM   #118
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Joanne- Sure hope I didn't send that cough via the internet. I have had it for 9 days. My gut and back hurt from coughing.
jen- have fun shopping. Send the cleaning mojo my way.
Caterina- How is your shoulder? I've been thinking about you!

Joan, thanks for thinking of me - still have aches and pains but moist heat helps.

Hope you will be feeling better.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #119
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just spoke with Kerry (Sicily's mom), had called when hearing of the earthquake in Oklahoma. Kerry said that the walls were definitely shaking and they all just ran out of the house. They live 50 miles from the epicenter but fortunately, everything is okay for them. PTL!!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:13 AM   #120
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

This is quite scary with all these earthquakes in unusual places!