Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #81
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

THANKS LINDA but we shall see a very stressful week this has been and its not over till after MONDAY we have our evaluation on MONDAY 3*. We have to WORK ON SATURDAY TOO and I am going in on SUNDAY as well (because i am considrered part of the OFFICE STAFF) to do some last minute office stuff as well. SO....................with that being said I do hope tomorrow goes smooth though.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-07-2011, 05:28 AM   #82
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
THANKS LINDA but we shall see a very stressful week this has been and its not over till after MONDAY we have our evaluation on MONDAY 3*. We have to WORK ON SATURDAY TOO and I am going in on SUNDAY as well (because i am considrered part of the OFFICE STAFF) to do some last minute office stuff as well. SO....................with that being said I do hope tomorrow goes smooth though.

Thinking of you Nichole, trusting you will get through all of this super smoothly!! HUGS
Old 10-07-2011, 05:31 AM   #83
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalaskowski View Post
I WANT A BLT ! ! !

I'll make you one...just come on over.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalaskowski View Post
My Ex-husband refused to go to church. When I was growing up, we went to church. In the church that we attended the longest, my father was very involved. He was a Deacon, and later studied to be a Minister. All this time, he was a very abusive man. He dropped out of school, left that church to go to another, and another. I hated it, because I was painfully shy, and just as I got comfortable in a church, we left to start over in another one. As I got older, I wasn't made to go anymore. Later, after my parents divorced, my mother told me that the reasons we changed churches so often was because my father always got into arguments at church, and was basically TOLD to leave. I still feel out of place in churches. I hope I can find one that I feel comfortable in!!!

Gee, Linda, sorry for your negative experience. Sure wish you could come to our small house church gathering. Our group really care about one another and are so supportive. It is very unconventional but we have learned so much... plus we always have good food.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:37 AM   #85
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Can picture one of my grandsons doing this...

Pizza Delivery

I deliver pizza to help cover my college tuition. Once I
called on customers who sent their seven-year-old son to pay
me. As he approached the screen door, I noticed he was
carrying a check in one hand and two dollars in the other,
which I assumed was my tip.

To my dismay, he pocketed the bills before handing me the
check, which was for the exact cost of the pizza.

"Could that have been a tip?" I asked, trying not to sound
accusatory.

"Yep," he replied proudly. "Not bad for just a walk from the
living room and back!"
Old 10-07-2011, 05:48 AM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Today is our sweet beautiful granddaughter, Athena's 21st birthday. Cannot even believe that much time has past already.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:50 AM   #87
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank goodness we are off today and Monday! I really needed the break and the sleep! My oldest woke me up at 8:48, just ten minutes before he had to be at soccer practice! LOL
Old 10-07-2011, 05:59 AM   #88
Mad Swapper

Smile

Well, I'm feeling a bit better today, so I think we will have BLT's today!!!

Cat, your little church sounds ideal. It is almost impossible to find one like that though!!! Many years ago, we lived in another town, shortly after my divorce. I found an old very small church that a friend of mine went to. What made it better, at that time, was that the pastor was a woman. I really loved it, but the pastor was basically "just passing by" to bigger and better things". What came next wasn't all that great, unfortunately!!!

I hope everyone has a good Friday!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:47 AM   #89
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning - it is bright and sunny but I think we had frost last night! I need to get motivated to do some things. Any thing really. I SHOULD wash the windows in two of the bedrooms. They were ignored the last time I did them and they really, really need it. They are the most difficult because I have to move furniture to get to the windows. But if I get them done, I may (I hope) be more motivated to do the others.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Reynold is on his way back home!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #91
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay Cat!

Let's see: I slept in and my oldest had a 2 hour soccer practicee. Then we went to the Scout store to get his new shirt and some other items. Back home for lunch.

I just got out of the shower and then we are headed off to the dentist for the boys, then soccer for youngest, then they go to their dad's and I have 2 events to attend tonight!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #92
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW - Jen you have a busy Friday!

It is beautiful and sunny but still a little chilly. I am extremely happy about one thing: the Yankees ARE DONE!!!! I greatly dislike that team so I'm glad they are finished for the season. It would be nice if the Phillies can win today. But it is more important that the Yanks are DONE!!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #93
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne- you made me chuckle about the Yankees. I have a friend who grew up in NYC. She loves the Yankees. I am a Twins fan. I sure wish the owner would spend money on the players. We are the team with the lowest salary in the majors.
Jen- I hope the meetings tonight are at least fun. Will the boys be gone for the weekend?
Caterina- Your church sounds wonderful! The pizza delivery story is great!
Nichole- Hope the weekend isn't too stressful for you!
Linda- Enjoy the BLT for me too!
I am watching DGD tonight and going out to lunch with a friend and her husband from Ohio. I haven't seen them since 1996. He is the coroner that James Patterson consults for the Women's Murder Mystery series. He is a riot.

Joan
Old 10-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #94
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

Cleaning and organizing again today. Putting my Fall sheets on and Fall curtains up in our bedroom. One of the two times of year I iron.

I had to turn on the heater against my will. Preston's room is the coldest in the house and I can't have my baby freeze. His hands were cold when he woke up from his nap
Old 10-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #95
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I created some this afternoon. I'm trying to use up some DSP and still have quite a bit left. However, most of my Christmas cards this year are in Old Olive. I like the color, but seeing mainly that color in my stash of Christmas cards is a little annoying. I LOVE blues for Christmas and this year, most are green. I have to use up this DSP. It is SU's Dashin' and I must have ordered two packs instead of just one. I have so much left!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #96
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
I created some this afternoon. I'm trying to use up some DSP and still have quite a bit left. However, most of my Christmas cards this year are in Old Olive. I like the color, but seeing mainly that color in my stash of Christmas cards is a little annoying. I LOVE blues for Christmas and this year, most are green. I have to use up this DSP. It is SU's Dashin' and I must have ordered two packs instead of just one. I have so much left!

I so admire you and anyone who makes Christmas - I barely am able to do ones for my husband, children and grandchildren.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #97
New Mommy

Joanne - you are a good influence on me!!

I was putting up my new curtains and decided to wash the windows first. I also took down the blinds and cleaned them too. I'm having cleaning ADD - I'm running from room to room cleaning little things. I'm getting a lot done though! I'm going to go clean the big living room window next. Since I hacked down the bushes that were outside, I can get to the window much easier. Now I just have to find the extension pole.

Thanks for motivating me
Old 10-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #98
Stazon Splitcoast

Dashing is my most favorite SU paper EVER!!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #99
New Mommy

I just bought a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Anyone use one? I'm hoping it will 'WOW' me.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #100
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkincolorado View Post
I just bought a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Anyone use one? I'm hoping it will 'WOW' me.
Please don't use it on anything Preston touches. It's full of nasty chemicals. You do know it's also a very fine abrasive, so it will take off the shine of things eventually.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #101

we use them at preschool only for crayon, marker things like that. we dont clean with them though as in using them like soap and water LOL LOL

hope you all had a good day today mine was BUSY busy like i said it will be until AFTER MONDAY just pray that things go well and that i am NOT PICKED ON MONDAY.............. THANKS
Old 10-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #102
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
Please don't use it on anything Preston touches. It's full of nasty chemicals. You do know it's also a very fine abrasive, so it will take off the shine of things eventually.
I did not know this Jen, thanks. I have some for the bathroom that I have used once or twice. There were chemicals in them and they worked super well. Will only use them now, on serious built up lime/dirt.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #103
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
we use them at preschool only for crayon, marker things like that. we dont clean with them though as in using them like soap and water LOL LOL

hope you all had a good day today mine was BUSY busy like i said it will be until AFTER MONDAY just pray that things go well and that i am NOT PICKED ON MONDAY.............. THANKS
Nikki, I pray you are not picked on Monday! What does that mean?
Old 10-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #104

Hedgie it means that a person comes in my room and stays about 4 hours observing what we do and looks at all of our things we have in our room and each center to make sure everything is done the right way (which we DO) its just very stressful kids can do anything they want as in the centers so its like a mess. BUT i have been evaluated before in the past i just dont like it. So they will draw names from a hat 2 classes they are broken up in an ITERS and ECKERS. ITters is younger ages and Eckers is 3 and up. Everything in the room has to be labeled its JUST A LOT OF STUFF crazy stuff. But its the State of TN not sure what other states have it. But your center can have 3stars down to no stars. We have 2 stars right now. And the center gets money for having 3 stars. SO to sum it all up in a nut shell its a stressful day period, and I dont want to be PICKED. I will have a 1 out of 3 chance to get picked......................
Old 10-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #105
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Hedgie it means that a person comes in my room and stays about 4 hours observing what we do and looks at all of our things we have in our room and each center to make sure everything is done the right way (which we DO) its just very stressful kids can do anything they want as in the centers so its like a mess. BUT i have been evaluated before in the past i just dont like it. So they will draw names from a hat 2 classes they are broken up in an ITERS and ECKERS. ITters is younger ages and Eckers is 3 and up. Everything in the room has to be labeled its JUST A LOT OF STUFF crazy stuff. But its the State of TN not sure what other states have it. But your center can have 3stars down to no stars. We have 2 stars right now. And the center gets money for having 3 stars. SO to sum it all up in a nut shell its a stressful day period, and I dont want to be PICKED. I will have a 1 out of 3 chance to get picked......................

You are an excellent teacher. We all know that. So if they pick you...all will be fine. Trust me...

I honestly worry more about --another person? What if they are chosen and do the wrong things?
Old 10-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #106

well there are a few that dont like change there and are nervous so it does make me nervous if they do get picked. they are good teachers but they dont do well under pressure you know...............SO the owners are praying that my room and my "friends" room gets picked shes in the infant room but we are the two that they really want there can really handle things. OUR ROOMS have been READY for a while now. We have to work tomorrow to HELP other TEACHERS ROOMS get ready. but like i said i am A TEAM PLAYER..................
Old 10-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #107
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Oh my, I get it....just be sure you take care of yourself.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #108

Hedgie I will I just need for MONDAY to be over with then I can REST until NEXT YEAR about this SAME TIME LOL
Old 10-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #109
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Nikki, you will be ok....and if things do take a downward turn..ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with YOU! Love you!
Old 10-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

Hiyas!

OMG - another horrible date. Seriously guys. Stop using photos from 20 years ago!! I didn't like his personality either, and usually I pick up on that sooner. Just met for a drink thank goodness, did not include dinner. I'm not sure he liked me either, which is FINE! P.S. - That's the nice, edited version!! LOL

I went to the breast cancer fundraiser and now I have a pink hair extension. AND a girl was doing eyebrow waxes for $5 donation and she was good!! So, it ended up being a fun evening, but now I am starving since I never ate dinner!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #111
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face

jen...you are the life of our group! do not worry about a bad date or whatever...?? we are here ...no matter what.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #112
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Hedgie I will I just need for MONDAY to be over with then I can REST until NEXT YEAR about this SAME TIME LOL

You will do great!!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #113
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Reynold and I went to see the movie, Courageous and it was so good. Several parts made me cry, so touching and well worth seeing.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #114
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Jen, Nikki, and all... You are in my prayers.

Last edited by hedgiemama; 10-08-2011 at 03:07 AM..
Old 10-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #115

thanks Hedgie love you too

Thanks Cat

Jen sorry about your date MEN.............LOL
Old 10-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #116
Stazon Splitcoast

Nikki - please know that I will say some prayers for your kids on Mon. You too, but I'm pretty sure you don't need them. You are ready. I'll pray for your nerves.

I hate being observed as a teacher. Sucks.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #117

yes Jen it does THANKS though pray for the kiddos to be on their best behavior. I can remove 1 child from my room if i want too. I have 1 that i would LOVE TO MOVE
Old 10-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #118
Stazon Splitcoast

Move him!

I'm suppossed to let a kid crash and burn next week. Frontload him and then let him get in trouble and written up.

His mom took him off meds, but since he has a para I am his behavior plan and the mom doesn't realize how bad it is because myself and the other para pull him before he melts down. Guess what? He's losing the para in Nov. He passed the testing (on meds). The classroom teacher is freaking out.

He's going to crash and burn in intermediate school. I know the issue is to get off IEPs but they are there for a reason and middle school years are the hardest of all!

Pretty sure I'll be out of a job come Feb. 2 kids off IEPs since I started.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #119
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
Jen, Nikki, and all... You are in my prayers..I take Gaviscon-- I am thankful esp. for those with tummy issues...It is making a huge difference in my life...

I now can go out without worry...what a huge change!

Glad the Gaviscon is helpful.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #120
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Love this....

GRANDPARENTS ANSWERING MACHINE

Good morning . . . At present we are not at home but, please Leave your message after you hear the beep. beeeeeppp ...
If you are one of our children, dial 1 and then select the option from 1 to 5 in order of "arrival" so we know who it is.
If you need us to stay with the children, press 2
If you want to borrow the car, press 3
If you want us to wash your clothes and ironing, press 4
If you want the grandchildren to sleep here tonight, press 5
If you want us to pick up the kids at school, press 6
If you want us to prepare a meal for Sunday or to have it delivered to your home, press 7
If you want to come to eat here, press 8
If you need money, press 9
If you are going to invite us to dinner or taking us to the theater start talking we are listening !!!!!!!!!!!"