Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #81
Stazon Splitcoast

I think everyone is too tired to post!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #82
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Today seems to be a little stressful/depressing for me. I did a little bit of raking yesterday to clean the little sticks and leaves that had fallen from the storm. Last night my back and shoulder were very painful. I slept with two heating pads and took Advil every time I could. Kept up with the Advil today. My parents still don't have power. I just read on their power company website it could be another week or more. My mom's cousin called because she was worried about my mom.

Now I saw on facebook that looting has begun. I knew that was going to happen, but was hoping the good in people was going to hold out. A friend's daughter lives in NJ and her apartment was flooded an uninhabitable. They were going to go in by boat tomorrow to get out a few things. The police are armed with GUNS at gas stations because of problems and now the waterways are closed, too. Because of the looting, so she can't get in to her home.

I knew this was going to happen. I knew it. So why am I feeling so sad about it right now?
Old 11-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #83
Stazon Splitcoast

Ladies- I too am distressed over people's actions in a crisis. I just hope that no one else is hurt.

Thinking of Paul!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-02-2012, 06:35 AM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning, I think the sun is trying to peek through for the first time in nearly a week.

We have Conrad here today!
Old 11-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #85
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Chuckle for today

Stuffed Pockets

A small boy stunned his parents after church one Sunday when
he began to empty his pockets of nickels, dimes, and
quarters.

Finally his mother asked the obvious question: "Where did
you get all that money?"

"At Sunday school," the boy replied nonchalantly. "They have
bowls of it."
Old 11-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Sorry you feel blue Jo and all. It has been a rough week.

Our local television station is having a telethon this am for the East Coasters.
I saw a heart wrenching bit on the news of ppl so scared, begging FEMA for help. It is just so emotional....
Old 11-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #87
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

After watching the news, I'm just so thankful that my East Coast friends are ok. Has anyone heard from Denise or about the area she's in?

The stories and pictures are unbelievable!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #88
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkincolorado View Post
After watching the news, I'm just so thankful that my East Coast friends are ok. Has anyone heard from Denise or about the area she's in?

The stories and pictures are unbelievable!

Have not seen Denise on fb so am thinking she may not have power - her area was hit really hard.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #89
Mad Swapper

I can't imagine loosing my home, but it can be rebuilt. It is the things inside that would be devastating to me. All the pictures, my computer, things that I have kept over the years that my children and grandchildren have made are irreplaceable. I would be SICK if I lost my kitties!!!I just couldn't imagine!!!
Then to see strangers going through my property? I would be livid!!!
Those poor, poor people without insurance!!! I can't believe how many people that don't realize that if you RENT, you STILL have to insure your belongings!!!
My SIL is still in Connecticut, working. All the states affected are asking for more linemen. Jeff says it's quite a mess!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #90
Glitter Guru

We got an update on our customer from yesterday, she did have a stroke and is in the ICU. She's already made improvements and they are hoping to have her moved out of ICU in a couple of days. A family friend of her's found out from paramedics who called it in and he called to thank Cami and I and to tell us how she's doing. Once she's out of ICU we are going to send flowers. So grateful that she is okay.

Paul's interview is less than 3 hours away, hurry up clock
Old 11-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #91
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
We got an update on our customer from yesterday, she did have a stroke and is in the ICU. She's already made improvements and they are hoping to have her moved out of ICU in a couple of days. A family friend of her's found out from paramedics who called it in and he called to thank Cami and I and to tell us how she's doing. Once she's out of ICU we are going to send flowers. So grateful that she is okay.

Heather, It sounds like you and Cami saved that lady's life! What good and quick thinking!

I am having positive thoughts and praying that Paul's interview goes GREAT ! Make sure you check in and let us know how everything goes!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 11-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #92
Mad Swapper

I just said Good-bye to my old Grand Am. It was such a good ol' car, the years I drove it. But, we had a bad storm one weekend several years ago, and It has never been the same. We were out of town, and when we got home, there was a large tree limb laying, smashing the windshield and front of the hood. Another huge limb on our garage roof and the corner of our house. This is the third tree that has fallen on our house in the 20 years I have lived here. It has been VERY costly having repairs living in an area that is heavily treed.

In Illinois, you are liable for the damage from any tree, NOT the people that the trees belong to. The tree can be in terrible condition. Now, the first tree, we could see it slowly leaning toward our house. Bob went to our neighbor and informed her. He asked if she had a chain saw, he would help trim her tree. She wasn't concerned. A few weeks later, it felt like an earthquake hit! Insurance paid, after the deductible. Several months later our basement started leaking in our basement, in the corner the tree fell. Anyway, it was coming from our fireplace! We had to pay out of pocket--$6300-!!!

I don't know how I got carried on!!! I will miss my Grand Am!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 11-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #93
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Ladies- WAHOO it is Friday. I need a few days off!

Thinking of all of you!
Old 11-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #94
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post

God had you and Cami at the right place at the right time! How wonderful!

Sending my best for Paul.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #95
New Mommy

Just had a huge scare!!!

My dad had a heart procedure last Friday and he called me on Sunday and said he was in terrible pain. His follow up appt. was yesterday. I got a phone call today that rang up as 'Cardiovascular' and it had an Arizona area code. It was a nurse from my dad's dr's office. When he went in yesterday, he was covered in bruises and his blood was 5 times too thin. They were afraid he might have internal bleeding and told him to go straight to the ER. Well, they called the hospital today to check on him and they had no record of him being there. The dr. called my dad and kept getting his voice mail. I called him and he answered. What a relief!! He said he did go to the ER and was there for 3 1/2 hours and was released. They took him off of his blood thinning meds for now.

I'm emotionally exhausted!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #96
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Just had a huge scare!!!

My dad had a heart procedure last Friday and he called me on Sunday and said he was in terrible pain. His follow up appt. was yesterday. I got a phone call today that rang up as 'Cardiovascular' and it had an Arizona area code. It was a nurse from my dad's dr's office. When he went in yesterday, he was covered in bruises and his blood was 5 times too thin. They were afraid he might have internal bleeding and told him to go straight to the ER. Well, they called the hospital today to check on him and they had no record of him being there. The dr. called my dad and kept getting his voice mail. I called him and he answered. What a relief!! He said he did go to the ER and was there for 3 1/2 hours and was released. They took him off of his blood thinning meds for now.

I'm emotionally exhausted!

Oh Jennifer how scary - praying all will get better in the days ahead.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #97
Mad Swapper

Smile

[QUOTE=jkincolorado;19798206]Just had a huge scare!!!

I'm emotionally exhausted![/QUOTE
Jennifer, Praying for your Father, that his blood thickens, and he gets to feeling better!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 11-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #98
Stazon Splitcoast

jennifer- I would have freaked out! Sure hope everything is alright! take care!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #99
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Jen, would you be my adult education partner? I have to to an RN to BSN for my new position..I got the class list this week and am overwhelmed, scared, etc..

I know if I plug along I can do it, but I am 55. Am I too old? I guess no cuz ppl in their 80's go back to school to be lawyers!! I just have to stay positive and plug along.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #100
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

hope you all had a great Saturday. DH and I went up to Cades Cove today and rode around and looked at homes again. Still trying to find that perfect one
Old 11-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #101
Stazon Splitcoast

We spent the day with my MIL. She tries so hard to be nice but fails miserably. I wrote out 14 of her favorite recipes on 8x11 paper with a thick magic marker s she can read them. Her eye sight has been going the past few years due to glaucoma. We went to church in her little town. WOW everyone was grey haired. While we were gone middle DS called and wanted to bring our grand daughter for a visit. He has only brought her here a handful of times on the over the past 33 months. I am disappointed.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #102
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
hope you all had a great Saturday. DH and I went up to Cades Cove today and rode around and looked at homes again. Still trying to find that perfect one

Hope you find that special place soon!
Old 11-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #103
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
We spent the day with my MIL. She tries so hard to be nice but fails miserably. I wrote out 14 of her favorite recipes on 8x11 paper with a thick magic marker s she can read them. Her eye sight has been going the past few years due to glaucoma. We went to church in her little town. WOW everyone was grey haired. While we were gone middle DS called and wanted to bring our grand daughter for a visit. He has only brought her here a handful of times on the over the past 33 months. I am disappointed.

Joan, how sweet of you to do that for your MIL. You are such a nice lady. Speaking of sweet & nice, wanted to thank you for the lovely Halloween card. You are so faithful in sending out cards.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #104
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all! Having a lovely time in NY with Bill's sisters. We saw long gas lines in NJ on our way up. Just heartbreaking to see those long lines with police at the stations to keep people from going nuts. We also saw LOTS of power service crew trucks (LOTS) from Quebec and several army trucks, some loaded with cases of water, heading south as well.

My parents called tonight and they FINALLY have power. It was five days they were without.

We're heading home tomorrow so I'll catch up.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:22 PM   #105
New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Joan, how sweet of you to do that for your MIL. You are such a nice lady. Speaking of sweet & nice, wanted to thank you for the lovely Halloween card. You are so faithful in sending out cards.
I agree!!

Thanks Joan!!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Joan, you know how to make me smile even when I am exhausted and done in. I go to get the mail...and there will be a card from you! I am sad that personal mail has turned into emailing so much, because there is something very special about getting a letter or card!

Jennifer, that sure was a scare with your Dad. I hope his INR level gets back to normal!

Joanne, that must have been something to see the workers in action. Long lines are enough to make ppl go crazy, along with several days of grief. I'll bet those folks are ready to pop....glad your family got their electricity back!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:13 AM   #107
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina, Jennifer and Karen- thanks for the uplifting post. A friend told me yesterday that because I am so nice I get taken advantage and get dumped on at work. I think this is true. Just never thought of it that way.

I need to clean this pig sty I call home. With three people working different schedules it is hard to make noise. The only time no one is sleeping is two hours after I get home from work. Unfortunately, I am too exhausted mentally, physically and emotionally to clean then. Sorry to be such a downer.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #108
New Mommy

I'll come help you clean, Joan!!

In fact, that's what we're doing today - I'm working on Preston's room. I need to get his warm clothes out and get rid of the ones that don't fit.

Brandon's in Denver all weekend, but comes home tonight!! I'm in the mood to clean and cook and play outside and do laundry and take a nap Not sure why I'm so wired this morning, but I like it!!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #109
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
I'll come help you clean, Joan!!

In fact, that's what we're doing today - I'm working on Preston's room. I need to get his warm clothes out and get rid of the ones that don't fit.

Brandon's in Denver all weekend, but comes home tonight!! I'm in the mood to clean and cook and play outside and do laundry and take a nap Not sure why I'm so wired this morning, but I like it!!

After you clean Joan's home, you are welcome to come here! Our home sure could use a thorough cleaning - at this stage of life, we do light cleaning (mostly my yawag husband).

Bet you will be happy to have Brandon back home.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

I wish sure wish some of my Misfit friends could come and visit... cleaning would be a plus! However, I might have to work for weeks cleaning before I would be comfortable having any of you come and help me clean. it is that BAD!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #111

hope you all are enjoying your Sunday my friend that has been so sick came over to visit today but on her way over here she felt this tingly feeling and burning she looked in mirror and she has shingles on her neck so she still came over to visit and just left to go to ER. I swear this child can not catch a break. .

just been enjoying this lazy sunday watching football later tonight when falcons come on.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #112
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi friends! We're home - no traffic on the ride home. NJ now has gas rationing. Only cars with even numbered plates can get gas today. We filled up in NY before we left so we could make it all the way home. We saw lines today at the rest stops but not nearly as long as on Friday. Probably because of the new restrictions.

Joan - I would come visit no matter what your house looks like. I would want to see YOU!

We are home, everything is unpacked and I just need to get the suitcases in the attic. Now, I also have four baskets of clean laundry that needs to be folded and put away. I'll deal with that tomorrow!
Old 11-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #113

Joanne glad you made it back home safely.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #114
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi friends!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much!! I spent the weekend writing a paper. It was suppossed to be 5 pages. It's at 12 and will probably be 13-14 once I'm done! Yikes! A lot of work. I meet with my professor tomorrow. I am working at the high school so should have time to work on my paper if I bring my computer.

This afternoon I needed a break so I met a friend for some Christmas shopping and lunch. It was fun! We went to TGIF for lunch (their 2 items for $10 is unbeatable - I brought home enough food for 2 more meals!) and walked around the mall a couple of times and then went to Five Below. I got a couple of cute things for the boys. I got stuck in traffic because Pres. Obama and Clinton were in town but it wasn't too long before the roads were open. A lot of friends went to hear them speak. No matter what you think of his politics, I have to say, Clinton is an amazing speaker. When I saw him 4 years ago I was astounded. Best public speaker I've ever seen.

Also got some great deals at Stop n Shop today. I don't go there often but they are facing a lot of competition right now.

Happy to have my boys home!
Old 11-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #115
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennifer - have you ever made homemade graham crackers and/or homemade marshmallows? A friend of Bill's sister made them to give out with a small Hershey bar at Halloween. The homemade graham cracker was heavenly. I pinned a recipe for both the graham crackers and the marshmallows. The girls ate the marshmallows, but didn't tell me whether they were any better or not.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #116
Die Cut Diva

Hi!

Joanne - glad you had a good trip!

Jennifer - I need some of your energy and mojo!!!

Joan - my house needs a deep cleaning too. I hit the high spots and keep it picked up, but is really in need of a good cleaning. Guess I need to watch a hoarders to find my inspiration. Those shows make me want to throw away something.

I'm dreading work tomorrow. the 2 ladies I work with are not getting along and I'm in the middle as hard as I try NOT to be!

Please say a little prayer for my mom.........she is having shoulder surgery on Tuesday!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Sherry
Old 11-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #117
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappincanyon View Post
Hi!

I'm dreading work tomorrow. the 2 ladies I work with are not getting along and I'm in the middle as hard as I try NOT to be!

Please say a little prayer for my mom.........she is having shoulder surgery on Tuesday!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Sherry

Sherry hope your mom's shoulder surgery will go smoothly. If you provide an address, would be happy to send her a card.

Also, hope your dread about tomorrow will not materialize.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #118
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Sherry - will definitely be praying for your mom!

My house needs a good cleaning, too. I came home motivated, let's hope I wake up in the morning feeling the same way. Doubtful!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #119
New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Jennifer - have you ever made homemade graham crackers and/or homemade marshmallows? A friend of Bill's sister made them to give out with a small Hershey bar at Halloween. The homemade graham cracker was heavenly. I pinned a recipe for both the graham crackers and the marshmallows. The girls ate the marshmallows, but didn't tell me whether they were any better or not.
I haven't made either one. I do have a recipe saved for homemade graham crackers but just haven't tried it yet. I've never had a homemade marshmallow - they look like a lot of work and store bought ones are cheap and I like them. However, if my Secret Santa wants to make some and send them to me, I'd be happy to eat them
Old 11-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #120
New Mommy

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...l#post19804034