Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 09:54 AM   #41
Mad Swapper

Smile

Joan,
Thank you for your darling card!!! I appriciate all the work and time you put into your work!!! I worked on my craft room all day yesterday. I still have a long way to go. I got side tracked, and cleaned out closets. A lot of stuff got dumped in that room. I have to take a lot of breaks due to my back, and now my knee. It SHOULD be done by now!!! I feel like crying,....I want to stamp and make cards so bad!!! I ordered some things from SU the other day when they were 15% off. This is the 3rd order that I have ordered and not taken out of the boxes! Thanks again!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #42
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Linda, my heart goes out to you and can imagine how upset you must be. Please please please call the doctor asap! Wish I were there, I would go with you. <3
Old 10-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #43
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, a friend of mine just had her knee replaced and scar tissue built up around the knee so she had to go back in and have something done and she is 100% better and her second procedure was only yesterday! Go to the doctor! That's an order (said with a caring hug !

Last edited by jenguin; 10-31-2012 at 12:30 PM..
Old 10-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #44
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda - we aren't nagging you, just wanting you to feel better. I started cleaning my craft room a few weeks ago. I ended up pulling stuff out of the closet, drawers, etc. That is my dumping ground as well. It took me several days and then ONE project and it is a mess again already!
Old 10-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, my post sounds harsh! It's not meant to be! Sorry! I am on overload here.

Busy day. Oldest had endocrinology first thing this am. He is 4' 11.85 inches tall! He so wanted to be 5 feet exactly! I told him he will, in about 2 weeks the way he is growing! LOL

Then I had to set up and run Drew's class party. No parents came to help set up! But I did have helpers to run the stations so I cannot complain too much! Then clean up of course!

Took the kids to the local ice cream place that was offering $1 kid cups with candy corn topping if you came in costume. They were also having a contest for best costume to win a free t-shirt. Not sure if we were the only ones that went, but they gave BOTH my boys free shirts for their costumes. (And they even got the sizes right!)

Now, trick or treating starts in half an hour. I don't normally drink during the week but I just poured myself a glass of wine so I can sit and relax for half an hour before I take them out t or treating. I asked their father if he could come home early and do it so I could pass out candy but he said no. Which is fine. I do love being with them and it IS exercise considering how much crap I ate today. We'll probably walk 2 miles tonight.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #46
Glitter Guru

Jen, sounds like you had a busy day and now a busy night. Your boys will have great memories to look back on as adults because of the time, effort and love you put into everything you do for them. It's too bad that "dad " cant be bothered to come home early one night out of the year to help out. This is why ex's get such a bad rap.

Hope you had a chance to relax before round 2
Old 10-31-2012, 03:04 PM   #47
Glitter Guru

Jen, just curious, were any of the parents that came to help at the Halloween party men? I was room mom when Savannah was little and I never had one dad volunteer to help in any way.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #48
Glitter Guru

Linda, I love to procrastinate, especially when it comes to going to the DR, but I am trying to be better about that because I have realized that it never just goes away on its own. Their is no point in making yourself suffer, the sooner you call them, the sooner you will know what is wrong and before you know it, you'll be back in the craft room.

Call the DR, said in my best non bossy only concerned for a friend voice
Old 10-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #49
Mad Swapper

Smile

What would I do without my Misfit Friends? I DO take your advise very seriously!!! I took a nap with Saleen (my little 4 lb. cat), and laid in bed until 5pm. Bob was off today, so he fixed chili in the Crockpot, and is answering the door to all the kids that are trick or treating this evening. I think the Dr is in surgery tomorrow, but I'll call in the morning anyway. Maybe I can see him on Friday. Darn thing is throbbing too, now. Maybe if they have to do surgery, they will have to just make a small incision. It's just my luck!
But, I REALLY do appreciate all your feedback and concern!!!
Thanks again!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank goodness Halloween happens just once a year.

Poor little guy really struggled. I am so sad. He just can't keep up.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:13 PM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
Thank goodness Halloween happens just once a year.

Poor little guy really struggled. I am so sad. He just can't keep up.

Oh Jen, so sorry for your sweet brave little guy! Give him a big hug from me and say he is awesome!
Old 10-31-2012, 04:14 PM   #52
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Goodness we hardly had any kids come by this evening... so love when the babies and little kids come by with their adorable little faces. Our bowl of candy is still full!
Old 10-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #53
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I get zero trick or treaters.. the young ones here. go to their friends neighborhoods. I did not even buy candy.

A very huge change from running out of candy and having to dig in the
cupboards like Mother Hubbard!

Oh how times change....
Old 10-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #54
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

DH was able to pass out some candy today i thought he had to close tonight and i was going to dinner with a friend from work so i stuck suckers in a pumpkin and put the candy bowl outside and turned the light on when I go home i have 3 suckers left and i had over 30 in there and all the candy but the whoppers are gone . SO I am home now will turn the light off here shortly so i can go to bed but tonight is church night and I want to get rid of the rest of the candy If i have one more come I will just dump it all in there.

I do have something funny the neighbor beside me has had her porch light on for i dont know how many days i keep saying to myself I wish she would just turn it off its crazy well guess what tonight she has finally turned it OFF hahahaha. I guess shes tired of hearing the door bell ring hahaha.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #55
Stazon Splitcoast

Goodness Cat! People spent $80 and were out of candy in 50 minutes!!! Our neighborhood gets slammed with people. They park all over and it's a real zoo. I don't mind for the little ones but the teenagers come here in droves too. Without costumes. Something needs to be done. I know the next town over that has a "town center Halloween" gives the residents the candy to pass out. Our town is very rural so people come here because it's easy. Next year I might write a letter to the paper. I always let people park in my driveway for the donation of a bag of candy.

There is someone very wealthy around the corner who was handing out $2 bills wrapped around a full size candy bar. Attached was a sticker. If the sticker is still attached to the money you can trade in the $2 for a $5 next year and on and on to $20!!! Apparently he is in the promotions/PR business...this may be one of his companies (the stickers or website??). My friend lives behind them and knows him professionally. My kids were super excited and tacked the bills on their bulletin boards. No way are they spending that!

Halloween here is exhausting!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #56
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen - Wow! I'm speechless. We used to get over 200 kids here when we first moved in. It has slowed over the years. This year we hardly had any kids. We didn't even go through one big bag of candy. The stuff that is left the girls will probably eat. I think there is a bag of mixed stuff that no one really cares for. I'll probably send that to work with Bill.

My neighbor and a friend came over tonight. Neither of them like Halloween. My neighbor is alone so she didn't want to be there by herself tonight. We threw together a dinner and enjoyed a quiet evening. They said next year we'll do a potluck!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #57
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies- Happy Halloween!

This year I bought 200 pieces of candy.. we ran out of by 7:30. I hate turning away kids. It is getting expensive.
You are welcome for the cards. I love making them.

jen- when I was teaching I really depended on parents who could come and help. Thanks for doing this. too bad your little one is struggling to keep up. I used to have to take my middle son all by himself. he couldn't run like the others.

Linda- please call the dr. I am the epitome of procrastinators. But please call!

Glad that all of you are safe.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
Goodness Cat! People spent $80 and were out of candy in 50 minutes!!! Our neighborhood gets slammed with people. They park all over and it's a real zoo. I don't mind for the little ones but the teenagers come here in droves too. Without costumes. Something needs to be done. I know the next town over that has a "town center Halloween" gives the residents the candy to pass out. Our town is very rural so people come here because it's easy. Next year I might write a letter to the paper. I always let people park in my driveway for the donation of a bag of candy.

There is someone very wealthy around the corner who was handing out $2 bills wrapped around a full size candy bar. Attached was a sticker. If the sticker is still attached to the money you can trade in the $2 for a $5 next year and on and on to $20!!! Apparently he is in the promotions/PR business...this may be one of his companies (the stickers or website??). My friend lives behind them and knows him professionally. My kids were super excited and tacked the bills on their bulletin boards. No way are they spending that!

Halloween here is exhausting!

Good business lesson for the kids - Reynold taught his children and our grandchildren various ways to make and save money.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:42 AM   #59
Glitter Guru

Morning, Paul has a job interview today at 2! He's excited, hoping that he gets the job. After handing out candy last night I helped him put together clothes and we talked for awhile. I don't think either of us got much sleep

Old 11-01-2012, 03:45 AM   #60
Glitter Guru

Jen and Joan, that's a lot of Halloween candy to buy. I had candy left over but its all miniature candy bars and after the kids get theirs I plan on making cookies with the leftovers.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:52 AM   #61
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
Morning, Paul has a job interview today at 2! He's excited, hoping that he gets the job. After handing out candy last night I helped him put together clothes and we talked for awhile. I don't think either of us got much sleep

Heather, hoping the interview at 2 today will go great and Paul will be given favor for the job so both of you will get a good night's sleep. <3
Old 11-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #62
Die Cut Diva

I have tons of candy left. I did not have any trick or treaters. I was so disappointed. I love seeing the little kids!

DH works at the mall and he said it was crazy....I should have sent my candy with him!

heather - prayers and positive thoughts for your DH.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Sherry
Old 11-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #63
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

We had a good Halloween. I put Preston's costume on him in the morning and it was WAY too big - I guess I didn't realize that when I bought it. He was supposed to go to Daddy and Grandma's work in costume, but he wore his pumpkin jammies instead. I found a box of costumes I bought last year and one fit - so, instead of a monkey, he was a half devil/half angel. Which was pretty fitting for him

We went around to the neighbors houses and then went to a church - they had games and were giving out candy. Then we drove to our old neighbors house across town. They came to his birthday party and wanted to see him in costume - they are like sweet grandparents. Preston had fun playing with their Pomeranian dog and the dog liked playing with him!

He only took one 20 minute nap earlier in the day and was exhausted. He fell asleep on the way home.

I'm glad Halloween is over!!!!! We're going to hit a few stores this morning and see what kind of markdowns we can find, then to the gym and then we're watching the neighbor boy today while his mama sits at the poles for the election.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #64
New Mommy

Halloween pics:
Attached Thumbnails
halloween-church.jpg   halloween-ball-pit.jpg   halloween-fishing.jpg   halloween-all-done.jpg  
Old 11-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #65
New Mommy

Brain and spiderweb cupcakes:
Attached Thumbnails
halloween-cupcakes.jpg  
Old 11-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #66
Glitter Guru

Feeling very sick to my stomach, I had to call 911 for one of my customers and I am very worried about her.

One of my co-workers had called the customer to discuss a business matter and the woman wasn't forming words when she answered the phone just sounds. My co worker got worried and upset and came to ask me if I knew anything about the customer. My poor co worker was so upset by the conversation she was crying to hard to dial 911.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #67
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Feeling very sick to my stomach, I had to call 911 for one of my customers and I am very worried about her.

One of my co-workers had called the customer to discuss a business matter and the woman wasn't forming words when she answered the phone just sounds. My co worker got worried and upset and came to ask me if I knew anything about the customer. My poor co worker was so upset by the conversation she was crying to hard to dial 911.

Oh Heather so sorry - how very upsetting.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #68
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkincolorado View Post
Halloween pics:
Cute pictures as always
Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #69
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Heather thinking of you and Paul's interview. <3
Old 11-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #70
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Oh Heather so sorry - how very upsetting.
The fire department called me back to find out if I knew anything about her medical history, they think she has had a stroke or a heart attack. I don't know anything personal about this woman, I've only spoken to her on the phone but I feel like I should be doing something more.

Thanks Cat
Old 11-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #71
Die Cut Diva

Heather - y'all did a great job, picking up that she wasn't right! Y'all saved her life! Yea!

Sherry
Old 11-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #72
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Heather - I'm glad you called 9-1-1. You so did the right thing!

Jennifer - Preston looked so cute!!!! I LOVE the picture of him asleep in the stroller! Adorable!!!!

Talked to my mom and they are still without power. She said there are just so many trees down. They were supposed to come down for a visit next week - they were heading here as soon as they finished voting. I wonder how voting, in general, in those areas are going to be affected, I'm so worried that is going to be another big hassle/problem. What a mess!
Old 11-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #73
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I hope Paul's interview went well!!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #74
New Mommy

Heather - your customer is very lucky to be alive. You and your co-worker did the right thing!

Sending Paul lots of good luck wishes!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #75
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow - you saved a life today! How awesome! Hoping the job offer for your DH comes through!!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #76
Stazon Splitcoast

Between the hurricane stress and Halloween I am exhausted. I can barely keep my eyes open. We're going to have an early dinner. Early to bed for all of us.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #77
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quiet day here! I was on the web all day comparing and contrasting my new health, dental, etc...benefits. It was/is mindboggling. I need a National Plan, due to DD. But don't want the huge deductibles some of those plans have!

I think I have made a decision for both health and dental. There is a fair next week where all the reps will be there so I can get all of my questions answered.

Chilly but nice here. Rain expected this weekend....

I am so sad about the news I hear re: the storm.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #78
Glitter Guru

Thanks ladies. Paul's interview has been postponed until tomorrow at 2, poor guy. The mgr called about 1 and apologized that his day had just gotten away from him and could they do it tomorrow. I'm hoping that he gets the job.

The medic who called me back told me to make sure to tell Cami ( my co-worker) that calling for help was the right thing to do. This lady might not have gotten the medical attention she needed without her. When Cami was talking to the lady she thought she heard her crying and told her that she would send help before the line went dead. I'm hoping that gave the lady some comfort as she laid there waiting for help to arrive. That she wasnt alone. I dont think I will ever laugh at a lifealert commercial again.

If only we could find out how she was doing now.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #79
Glitter Guru

Hedgie, I need to stop reading the news too about the storm. It just breaks my heart that so many are suffering and yet nothing has changed in my world. I still go to work, I have power, a home still standing and not full of water. Lots of things to be thankful for.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #80
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Quote:
Thanks ladies. Paul's interview has been postponed until tomorrow at 2, poor guy. The mgr called about 1 and apologized that his day had just gotten away from him and could they do it tomorrow. I'm hoping that he gets the job.

The medic who called me back told me to make sure to tell Cami ( my co-worker) that calling for help was the right thing to do. This lady might not have gotten the medical attention she needed without her. When Cami was talking to the lady she thought she heard her crying and told her that she would send help before the line went dead. I'm hoping that gave the lady some comfort as she laid there waiting for help to arrive. That she wasnt alone. I dont think I will ever laugh at a lifealert commercial again.

If only we could find out how she was doing now.
I know things can happen at any moment. You did such a good job!

I was out of cell phone service for 2 days last week. I have now installed a landline. I am alone...no one to chk on me. Those two days, no one expected me at work or anywhere else!!