Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #81
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, got a job at Drew's school so I took it.

No one is going to notice if my house is clean or not so long as the clutter is all hidden. The boys are vacuuming so we'll be OK.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #82
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen - you are right. You are the only one who is going to know if your house isn't spotless. People are there for you and your children. There are times when I remember that, others - not so much. BUT we have had people here often in the past when my place is a DISASTER. Yet, they come back!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #83
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Joanne I like the scarf i dont wear scarfs but my Aunt does. I agree with Jen its so hard teaching and try wearing a scarf. they look nice though. i always wanted to try to wear one but just never got around to do it.

tomorrow i work by myself hopefully we will have a great friday. I am off from Publix on saturday but i have a class for work that i have to go to and its 6 hours long. so anyway hope you all had a great day today think i am going to call it a night early not sure why i am so tired today.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #84
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

If I was a teacher there is no way I'd wear a scarf! Maybe if I taught middle or high school, but doubtful!
Old 10-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #85
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
This is the scarf I got - but in black. That didn't have this one, which is what I originally wanted.

dressbarn

Joanne, the scarf is beautiful! Definitely one I would wear.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
Well, got a job at Drew's school so I took it.

No one is going to notice if my house is clean or not so long as the clutter is all hidden. The boys are vacuuming so we'll be OK.

Congratulations on the job at Drew's school! How are the boys doing?
Old 10-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #87
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Joanne, the scarf is beautiful! Definitely one I would wear.
Then I chose well - you are a classy lady!
Old 10-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #88
Mad Swapper

Smile

The people are coming to see YOU, not your house!!! That's what I tell myself when I have company coming. Otherwise I panic, and don't enjoy myself.

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #89
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Then I chose well - you are a classy lady!

Aawww you are so kind.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalaskowski View Post
The people are coming to see YOU, not your house!!! That's what I tell myself when I have company coming. Otherwise I panic, and don't enjoy myself.

Great way to look at it Linda
Old 10-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #91
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen- Wahoo on getting a job. I agree with the others about the house.

Joanne- I love the scarf. I have a few and wear them with outfits during the winter.

Nichole- Good luck at work tomorrow and with the work class.

Jennifer- Have fun with Preston's party. I am happy that you get to spend so much time with your mom. I truly miss those opportunities.

We had snow today. Of course, it was coming down after a thunderstorm with lightening and all the noise. I love storm as long as they are not destructive. I was singing.... "oh the weather outside is frightful.." at work. got the picture. My coworkers were saying unkind things about me.

I am tired but can't fall asleep.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #92
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

We're getting more and more bad news about Hurricane Sandy (my best friend's name and my mom's name, by the way). I want to do some baking this weekend and have to have eggs - I hope they'll be in the stores!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #93
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I found out this am in my exit interview, I had to use my flex spending by midnight tonight.. my insurance goes for a while, but the flex ends....$300

So I made an emergency eye appt ...as I was going to do that next week any how. I got the chk up and picked out glasses...still ran to walgreens and the grocery...

I am as tired as an old woman can be. I honestly don't even care I left a job today. Have been racing for so many hours...I just want to sink into my bed!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #94
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

I just finished painting the downstairs - it was a spur of the moment thing.

I painted it when we first moved in and last summer, Brandon did some touch ups with what he *thought* was the same paint color, but it was a tad lighter. Apparently we didn't have any more of the original color. So, our wall had polka-dots on it and it looked ridiculous!! It's not that big of a wall and I found some paint in the garage that would work. It's a much lighter color but it works for now. I actually like the old color much better. Oh well, it's better than the polka-dots!!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #95
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennifer - you amaze me. No other words!

Hedgie - oh my! You better take some time for just you this week. My orders! LOL
Old 10-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #96
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I am sick and beyond sad. The 12 y/o NJ girl was found murdered the other day. By two teenaged brothers, no less. Now the other missing child case in our area has found the 10 mo/old baby girl found dead as well. The girl's grandmother was murdered in the apartment on Monday. What is wrong with people? WHY is this happening? It is horrible and disgusting. Oh, and let's not forget about Jessice Ridgeway in CO last week or the week before. It's AWFUL. Praying for all those families.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #97
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
I am sick and beyond sad. The 12 y/o NJ girl was found murdered the other day. By two teenaged brothers, no less. Now the other missing child case in our area has found the 10 mo/old baby girl found dead as well. The girl's grandmother was murdered in the apartment on Monday. What is wrong with people? WHY is this happening? It is horrible and disgusting. Oh, and let's not forget about Jessice Ridgeway in CO last week or the week before. It's AWFUL. Praying for all those families.

There are no words, Joanne.... My personal belief is that morals, values and responsibility has been dying in our culture for a very long time. Am extremely upset daily of what I read and hear - cannot believe how far down our culture is going. We need to get back to the basics of God, family and country for that is what provided the American dream for everyone.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #98
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
I found out this am in my exit interview, I had to use my flex spending by midnight tonight.. my insurance goes for a while, but the flex ends....$300

So I made an emergency eye appt ...as I was going to do that next week any how. I got the chk up and picked out glasses...still ran to walgreens and the grocery...

I am as tired as an old woman can be. I honestly don't even care I left a job today. Have been racing for so many hours...I just want to sink into my bed!
My dear friend, please take extra good care of yourself! <3
Old 10-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #99
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Well our governor has already claimed a state of emergency here with Sandy on the way - guess we better batten down the hatches. Hope everyone stays safe.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #100
Mad Swapper

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Well our governor has already claimed a state of emergency here with Sandy on the way - guess we better batten down the hatches. Hope everyone stays safe.
I pray that you and Reynold are safe and Sandy weakens, missing populated land. Please take care! <3

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 10-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #101
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina - I couldn't agree more. We are in such a sorry state in this country these days.

We are going to batten down the hatches tomorrow. I went to the grocery store today (NOT because of the hurricane prediction, but because I needed to). One of the stores is completely out of water already. The store I was in had plenty and were restocking as I was there.

Tomorrow Bill will get gas in both cars, check that the generator (that we bought after last year's storm fiasco) is working and we'll clear off the deck, clear up anything that might take off (chairs, grilling supplies). I really hope this isn't going to be as bad as they are predicting. It is so scary to hear about.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #102
Stazon Splitcoast

They are predicting things to get bad here too. I just hope it doesn't get cold enough to ice. I will need to go get gas for the generator too.

I didn't get a real job, just a one day sub job but thanks anyway! It was a fun day.

I slept horribly and had nightmares. I am beyond exhausted. I have so much to do for this party too! At this point I am going to focus on getting a good night sleep and deal with stuff in the morning. Sunday will be batten down the hatches day for me.

I have the turkey in the oven for the party and it smells soooo good! I want to eat it tonight! But this way all I have to do is warm everything up tomorrow.

Boys are doing good! Drew has neurology on Monday and Jack has endocrinology on Weds. Then we have cardio for Drew mid-November. Switching doctors to Boston Children's. Hoping for a good experience for both of us.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #103
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Reynold and I went to Lowe's but no generator. Lowe's said they may get some in tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #104
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen - I love the smell of roasting turkey, too! Hope you get a good night's sleep. But enjoy the party, too!!!

Cat - apparently, most of the stores around here were out of generators this morning as well. I'm so very thankful we got one last year. HOPEFULLY, that means we won't lose power.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #105
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
They are predicting things to get bad here too. I just hope it doesn't get cold enough to ice. I will need to go get gas for the generator too.

I didn't get a real job, just a one day sub job but thanks anyway! It was a fun day.

I slept horribly and had nightmares. I am beyond exhausted. I have so much to do for this party too! At this point I am going to focus on getting a good night sleep and deal with stuff in the morning. Sunday will be batten down the hatches day for me.

I have the turkey in the oven for the party and it smells soooo good! I want to eat it tonight! But this way all I have to do is warm everything up tomorrow.

Boys are doing good! Drew has neurology on Monday and Jack has endocrinology on Weds. Then we have cardio for Drew mid-November. Switching doctors to Boston Children's. Hoping for a good experience for both of us.

Jen, Boston Children's is a good hospital; please be sure to give an update when you can on Cole's pages.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

Cat - you also need the electrical hook up stuff plus the time to do it, so wait until after the storm. You will be able to find a deal, hopefully!

I got my generator last year. The hardest part was finding all the electrical switches, as there was a big run on them. We have a saying here that once you buy a generator you are good for a year and won't need it. I think my year is about up!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #107

everyone stay safe from the storms. hope you all have a great weekend as well. today was busy but was fun working by myself tomorrow is my class for work but found out today its for directors, assitant directors or owners. I said I am not one of those she said well we send teachers to these classes that have potentinal to be a director or assitant director i said OH OK lol . I use to be a Assitant Director in GA. but anyway the class should be good cause its Positive Displine.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #108

man i am really MAD i just got called the "B" word by someone i have never met or dont even know. its my EX SIL baby's daddy. WOW i was on Facebook and seen that I had a message it was from him and it said dont be talking to my baby cause you nun to him "B" i am like WOW first of all i dont know who you are 2nd I dont believe I asked you about your "child" i do believe i asked the "mother". I am so irritated and MAD I can just drive to GA lol. So of course his butt is blocked from ever coming on my Facebook page. I just got a strange phone number on my phone too that just called I didnt answer. I dont know whats going on. I text my EX SIL she said she had no clue. WHATEVER!!!!!! Ok venting is over I am OK now
Old 10-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #109
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
man i am really MAD i just got called the "B" word by someone i have never met or dont even know. its my EX SIL baby's daddy. WOW i was on Facebook and seen that I had a message it was from him and it said dont be talking to my baby cause you nun to him "B" i am like WOW first of all i dont know who you are 2nd I dont believe I asked you about your "child" i do believe i asked the "mother". I am so irritated and MAD I can just drive to GA lol. So of course his butt is blocked from ever coming on my Facebook page. I just got a strange phone number on my phone too that just called I didnt answer. I dont know whats going on. I text my EX SIL she said she had no clue. WHATEVER!!!!!! Ok venting is over I am OK now

Nichole, so so so sorry... this person clearly has major problems so just put your teflon on and let it all slide off.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #110
Mad Swapper

Heart

Jen and Joanne,
I wasn't aware that you two were possibly on Sandy's path. Please be ready and take care!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 10-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #111

i did Cat feel much better now. I am just like WOW what in the world. I dont even know who he is. thats the sad thing.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #112
Mad Swapper

Heart

My Granddaughter, Alexys (Lexy) is at her 1st Homecoming dance tonight. My Daughter doesn't let me post pictures of her children, but, she allowed me to post some on FaceBook. So, please take a look at my sweet Sunshine. The lighting is off for some reason, she isn't really that red, with raging eyes!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 10-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #113
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne, Caterina and Jen- please take care and prepare as best you can!

Jennifer- I hate the smell of new paint and DH hates painting. The last thing painted was the bathroom 4 yrs ago. Nothing else has been touched since 2000.

Nichole- I am sorry that people can be so very rude and hurtful. I hope the class tomorrow is uplifting!

I need a new printer. DS took me to look today. Any of you have ones you love. I want one that scans, copies and prints on 110 lb card stock!

Linda- how precious!

Hedgie- My dear friend. get some rest this weekend. Today was very productive for you!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #114
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Here is the latest on Sandy for our area...

Maryland residents warned to prepare for Hurricane Sandy to cause power outages - baltimoresun.com
Old 10-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #115
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

I'm so sleepy, so exhausted and so stressed out!

I know I need to relax and not worry so much - this is why I don't enjoy entertaining!!

Most of the food is done - I just have to finish the cake and the hippo. The house is all clean, just need a final vacuum. Brandon will pick up the balloons in the morning.

EVERYONE I invited is coming - that's 32 people! My sister called today and will be here - my mama's never met her. That's kind of an awkward situation!!

It's officially Preston's birthday!!!!!!!! I've officially been a mommy for 2 years ♥
Old 10-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #116
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, busy day over here too!

Cleaning and cooking!! I need to figure out how to make gravy! I've never made it before!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #117
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

You are all so busy cooking and such....

I have just started to relax from leaving the job on Thurs. It sure is an emotional thing. Happy yet sad... Today, a few chores and a bit of relaxation from being so strung out for too many days.

My phone is not working! My Dad has been trying to reach me! I have to get a landline. This is scary to depend on cell service.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #118
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning. This storm situation is really scary. I don't know if I should listen to the media, which often tends to exaggerate, but I'm also listening to news conferences from NJ governor and more. We are almost to expect being without power for 2 days. I have to say I look forward to NJ Gov Christie's news conferences. I LOVED his comments last year. People weren't leaving the beaches during Hurricane Irene. He blatently told people: "Your tan is good enough. GET THE HELL OFF THE BEACH." There are mandatory evacuations for 4 p.m. tomorrow for certain parts of lower Jersey.

Oh great. Now they are saving we might be without power for SEVEN TO TEN DAYS.

I guess what is bothering me the most is that Bill is concerned. He never worries about these things and just blows them off.

Jennifer - I was like you for a long time. Thinking everything had to be perfect to entertain. I've become a lot more relaxed (whether that is good or bad, I don't know - LOL). My main reason for not entertaining more often is the three annoying dogs. And I do worry about what "mood" Marie is in. Isn't that sad? To have to think of that?
Old 10-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #119
Mad Swapper

Joanne, Better safe than sorry!!! It worries me, and I'm not anywhere close to the area. I just worry that some day it will be WORSE THAN THEY PREDICT!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 10-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #120
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

We are filling bags with water to freeze them hoping that will help. Lowe's generators were all scooped up this morning so trusting God to just keep us and everyone safe.