Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 06:24 AM   #1
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado
Default ***Misfit Monday (10-10-11)***

Happy Columbus Day!!

We're celebrating by going to Grandma's house to help her move furniture.

We had some excitement in our neighborhood last night. A firetruck and 2 ambulances were at my neighbors house. Someone was taken out on a stretcher - not sure if it was the man or woman. They are both in their 70's. I didn't want to be in the way and go over last night, but I'll go over today to find out what happened.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

“You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
― Christopher Columbus

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:46 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

Wondering how Nikki is doing today!!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:13 AM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
“You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
― Christopher Columbus

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY!!
This is so true isn't it? No wonder I have difficulty adjusting to change!

I am thinking about Nikki too! Hoping she has a good day and has much relief this evening when it is all over.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
Wondering how Nikki is doing today!!

Double ditto
Old 10-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #6
Mad Swapper

Thumbs up

SENDING POSITIVE THOUGHTS NICHOLE'S WAY ! ! !

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon - hopefully, Nikki will not be too tired and will check in later. Hope it was a good day.

Jennifer - hope it wasn't anything too horrible at your neighbor's house. That is always scary. I actually slept through firetrucks at our next door neighbor's last year. And their house is right next to my bedroom window. I don't think they came with sirens blaring! They had a chimney fire - more of a smoldering, but scary nonetheless.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

Like the rest of you... I am thinking of Nichole.
I am so glad today is over....... It was a bad day!

Joan
Old 10-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry it was a bad day Joan!

I had a blah day - didn't get much done at all. But just got the kiddos back so I'm happy!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #10
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry for the blah days - you know I all feel for you!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hope one of these will tickle your funny bone...

New Office Slang

1. 404 - Someone who is clueless. From the Web error message, "404 Not Found," which means the document requested couldn't be located. "Don't bother asking John. He's 404."

2. Adminisphere - The rarified organizational layers above the rank and file that makes decisions that are often profoundly inappropriate or irrelevant.

3. Alpha Geek - The most knowledgeable, technically proficient person in an office or work group. "I dunno, ask Rick. He's our alpha geek."

4. Batmobiling - putting up emotional shields. Refers to the retracting armor that covers the Batmobile as in "she started talking marriage and he started batmobiling"

5. Beepilepsy - The brief siezure people sometimes suffer when their beepers or cell-phones go off, especially in vibrator mode. Characterized by physical spasms, goofy facial expressions, and stopping speech in mid-sentence.

6. Betamaxed - When a technology is overtaken in the market by inferior but better marketed competition as in "Microsoft betamaxed Apple right out of the market"

7. Blamestorming - A group discussion of why a deadline was missed or a project failed and who was responsible.

8. Body Nazis - Hard-core exercise and weight-lifting fanatics who look down on anyone who doesn't work out obsessively.

9. Bookmark - To take note of a person for future reference. "After seeing his cool demo at Siggraph, I bookmarked him."

10. CGI Joe - A hard-core CGI script programmer with all the social skills and charisma of a plastic action figure.

11. Chainsaw Consultant - An outside expert brought in to reduce the employee head count, leaving the top brass with clean hands.

12. Chip Jewelry - Old computers destined to be scrapped or turned into decoration. "I paid three grand for that Mac and now it's nothing but chip jewelry."

13. Chips and Salsa - Chips = hardware, salsa = software. "First we gotta figure out if the problem's in your chips or your salsa."

14. CLM (Career Limiting Move)- Used by microserfs to describe an ill-advised activity. "Trashing your boss while he or she is within earshot is a serious CLM."

15. Cobweb - A WWW site that never changes.

16. Cube Farm - An office filled with cubicles.

17. Dead Tree Edition - The paper version of a publication available in both paper and electronic forms.

18. Dilberted - To be exploited and oppressed by your boss, as is Dilbert, the comic strip character. "Man, I've been dilberted again! The old man revised the specs for the fourth time this week."

19. Egosurfing - Scanning the Net, databases, etc., for one's own name.

20. Elvis Year - The peak year of popularity as in "1993 was Barney the dinosaur's Elvis year"

21. Flight Risk - Used to describe employees who are suspected of planning to leave a company or department soon.

22. Glazing - Corporate-speak for sleeping with your eyes open; a popular pastime at conferences and early-morning meetings. "Didn't he notice that by the second session half the room was glazing?"

23. GOOD job - A "Get-Out-Of-Debt" job. A well-paying job people take in order to pay off their debts, one that they will quit as soon as they are solvent again.

24. Gray Matter - Older, experienced business people hired by young entrepreneurial firms trying to appear more professional and established.

25. Idea Hamsters - People whose idea generators are always running.

26. Irritainment - Entertainment and media spectacles that are annoying, but you find yourself unable to stop watching them. The O.J. trials were a prime example.

27. Keyboard Plaque - The disgusting buildup of dirt and crud found on some people's computer keyboards.

28. Link Rot - The process by which web page's links become obsolete as the sites they're connected to change or die.

29. Mouse Potato - The online generation's answer to the couch potato.

30. Open-Collar Workers - People who work at home or telecommute.

31. Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of whacking the dickens out of an electronic device to get it to work again.

32. Perot - To quit unexpectedly. "My cellular phone just perot'ed."

33. Plug-and-Play - A new hire who doesn't require training. "That new guy is totally plug-and-play."

34. Salmon Day - The experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream only to get caught in the end.

35. Stress Puppy - A person who thrives on being stressed-out and whiny.

36. Swiped Out - An ATM or credit card that has been used so much its magnetic strip is worn away.

37. Tourists - Those who take training classes just to take a vacation from their jobs. "There were only three serious students in the class; the rest were just tourists."

38. Under Mouse Arrest - Getting busted for violating an online service's rule of conduct. "Sorry I couldn't get back to you. AOL put me under mouse arrest."

39. Uninstalled - Euphemism for being fired. Also: decruitment.

40. WOOFYS - Well Off Older Folks.

41. World Wide Wait - The real meaning of WWW.

42. Xerox Subsidy - Euphemism for swiping free photocopies from one's workplace.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #12
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Can we say AMEN PRAISE THE LORD i didnt GET PICKED LOL thanks for all of the thoughts prayers, for me today, you ladies mean the world to me REALLY. Part of my online family and friends . The 2 classes that did get picked were good teachers one of them being my "friend" . But I was ready, just was waiting on to see if was picked had my stuff ready dressed up for "hollywood" week and then one of owners came down and told me that
my friend got picked and I said who else, she said dont know yet so i go peek out the door and see that they are going in the 3 year old room So you can ONLY IMIGINE how I was MUCH RELIEVED but sorda sad that i was so ready. I got a good nights rest and was thinking so positive. But thats ok, i am just so glad its OVER and I want have to deal with it TILL NEXT YEAR around this time again. Again thanks ladies for all of your thoughts for me. I really appreciate it.

DH didnt work today but I came home and I was like you look sick, he told me he didnt feel well. He just looks so sick i touched him and hes burning up, he said Nichole i dont feel good. I said whats wrong he said I dont know, all I know is hes so hot, his body is hot. Took temp but doesnt have one. So not sure whats wrong not sure if hes getting a cold, flue, pneomonia or whats wrong. His back is feeling some better.

But I must say I Am TIRED and WORN OUT just because of it being such a LONG DAY. We sent home the 2 classrooms teachers that got picked early. Just because its such a stressful day. Oh yea as soon as the acessor comes in a child bit another child and one child to escape out of the room and another child all day kept saying NO and spit and hit at one of the teachers. But they handled it really good. The scoring that you get mainly focus on how THE TEACHER REACTS to situations. But they both just kept working and redirected.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

HUGS Nikki!! Glad the day is over! Hope your DH feels better! I was stalking all day to make sure you were ok!!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #14
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Hugs from me too, Nikki!! So happy itis over and that you didn't get picked. I hope DH is doing ok and feels better quickly.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #15
Stazon Splitcoast

Nichole- thanks for letting us know about your day. I have been thinking about you all day! I hope DH is feeling better already. Take care my friend.

Joan
Old 10-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #16
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Nikki - I'm glad your day went well. Will your DH let you call the doctor or go to the ER again? I feel so badly for him. HUGS to you both.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #17

thanks Jen Hedgie, Joan, Joanne sweet of you ladies,

Joanne DH said he will be fine he just doesnt feel good, i wonder if its the medicine hes on for his back? on a muscle relaxer and steroid ????
Old 10-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Nichole, sooooo grateful it went well and is over - bet you are too. Hugs to you and DH.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #19
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Cinda who was in the Navy, sent some pics from Fleet week and got to see the Blue Angels. There are some nice pictures. If you would like to see, click on the link.

Just returned home from a few days in San Francisco to celebrate Fleet Week. Each year as Fleet Week rolls around I always say I want to go but it never seems to fall on my "off" weekend. So this year, I took time off from work and made it happen. Highlights of the trip included the air show, headlined by none other than our Blue Angels (GO NAVY!), the parade of ships (under the Golden Gate and into the bay) led by the USS Carl Vinson, as well as other sites from the city including a visit to the conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park. Here are the pics... Enjoy!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0QaNHLVu5aMWKs

Cinda
Old 10-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #20

Cat thanks i am glad its over, till next YEAR LOL
Old 10-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #21
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post

Joanne DH said he will be fine he just doesnt feel good, i wonder if its the medicine hes on for his back? on a muscle relaxer and steroid ????
I was wondering if the meds might be part of the problem too.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #22

Joanne i am wondering that too, i laid down with him when he went to bed he said i just dont feel good. so i dont know hes still HOT too. but no fever he said he doesnt feel like he has a fever. so it may be the medicine
Old 10-11-2011, 03:02 AM   #23
Stazon Splitcoast

Steroids are very powerful drugs that make you feel horrible! Make sure he doesn't stop them cold turkey!
Old 10-11-2011, 04:11 AM   #24
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Joanne i am wondering that too, i laid down with him when he went to bed he said i just dont feel good. so i dont know hes still HOT too. but no fever he said he doesnt feel like he has a fever. so it may be the medicine
He should call and report his symptoms today Nikki. Prednisone can make you feel weird...
Old 10-11-2011, 05:10 AM   #25
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Nichole, so many of my sweet wonderful kids have to take steroids and it really does cause them many side effects. It is a terrific drug in many ways but has its drawbacks. Have been on them myself a few times, am grateful for how they help but also grateful when I get off them.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:11 AM   #26
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
He should call and report his symptoms today Nikki. Prednisone can make you feel weird...

You got that right...
Old 10-11-2011, 05:15 AM   #27
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This joke has been around but hope it still makes you smile.

The Psychiatrist & The Proctologist

Best friends graduated from medical school at the same time and decided
that, in spite of two different specialties, they would open a practice
together to share office space and personnel.
Dr. Smith was the psychiatrist and Dr. Jones was the proctologist; they put up a sign reading:

"Dr. Smith and Dr. Jones: Hysterias and Posteriors".
The town council was livid and insisted they change it.

So, the docs changed it to read: "Schizoids and Hemorrhoids".
This was also not acceptable, so they again changed the sign.
"Catatonics and High Colonics" - No go.
Next, they tried "Manic Depressives and **** Retentives" - thumbs down again..

Then came "Minds and Behinds" - still no good.
Another attempt resulted in "Lost Souls and Butt Holes" - unacceptable
again!
So they tried "Analysis and **** Cysts" - not a chance.

"Nuts and Butts" - no way.
"Freaks and Cheeks" - still no good.
"Loons and Moons" - forget it.

Almost at their wit's end, the docs finally came up with: (scroll down)

"Dr. Smith and Dr. Jones - Specializing in Odds and Ends". Everyone loved it.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #28
New Mommy

Still don't know what happened to my neighbor. I went over yesterday, but nobody was home.

I stopped over at my other neighbor's new house. They moved across town a year ago and I haven't gone over to see them. They enjoyed seeing Preston and they gave us some wild raspberries from their garden and 4 big pumpkin looking squash. Their house next door to us finally sold!! It's a young (24), single guy that bought it. We'll go introduce ourselves soon. I'm so happy the house isn't vacant anymore!!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #29
New Mommy

Nikki - glad everything worked out for you yesterday! We were all on your side Worried about your hubby though. Any new news?
Old 10-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #30
New Mommy

Joanne - are things better with Marie?

Cat - love the funny!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #31
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

No, things aren't really better with Marie. Honestly, I'm just trying to avoid her. I truly believe she has many things going on - Opposition Defiance Order would suit her, too. If she would just accept help . . .

I'm so lazy, tired, lacking motivation and just want to SLEEP. I feel like I can never have enough sleep!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #32
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- great chuckle. I needed that!
Nichole- I agree with the others steroids made me act very strange. All right my family would say I was always strange. Please have dh call the dr.
Joanne- I am worried about you! Please take care of yourself.
I had a miserable day at work

Joan
Old 10-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #33
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I just took a shower since I thought I'd need to go to the grocery store for dinner items. After talking to the girls, I find we have everything I need here and I don't have to go. Woo hoo!!!

Joan - I am sorry you had such a bad day at work. HUGS.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #34
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I did big grocery shopping this am. This afternoon had some returns of a couple of things I changed my mind on, and bought a couple of other things instead.

The clinic is offering this Diet Free plan. It is a 10 week program, you don't diet you just learn tips to eat healthier, how to read labels, etc... The first week is to focus on drinking more water, less caffeine and to cut out pop. I decided to give it a go....I was weighed and measured, etc...I am doing the online videos, cause at the meetings they just show the video anyway. There is a book to read along with it, exercise DVD, etc....

I know I won't lose any weight. My expectations are low. But, I am going to try it for the information.

Joan, sorry it was a rough day.
Joanne, you do need some sort of distraction right now. A part time seasonal job might be good? It depends on how you are feeling. Whatever it is you can try and always change your mind.

I have to make dinner then I have a knitting class tonight.
Have a good evening everyone!
Old 10-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #35
Stazon Splitcoast

It was a long day and I slept terribly last night, so it looks like I'll be in bed soon!
Old 10-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #36

ok ladies dh said he felt better today than yesterday but his back still hurts, but he wants to have a long sit down "husband to wife" talk. I know what this is about. He is wanting to retire so bad. And I think this is making him make his decision even quicker because of his health. So not sure though. we want get to talk until later though cause I am meeting up with 2 of my friends (one of my coworkers) the one that got picked yesterday and another friend for dinner tonight. Just a girls night out, I CANT WAIT. I will be leaving shortly.

I have to close tomorrow I am going to the dr tomorrow for a fasting sugar test. so i switched hours with my co worker so she works 9-6. And then on Thursday I close anyway. Its almost the WEEKEND........................is all i can say.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #37
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Will continue to be praying for you and your DH, Nikki.

Hedgie- I was wondering if I would even be able to handle a job right now. There are so many days I can barely get out of bed, I can't even imagine having to go to a job. I do have the church stuff to keep me busy. I don't have to do quite as much as I did in the past (since I have all the lesson plans and such) but it is still enough. And I am starting to enjoy it again - I was ready to quit last year. We have some new kids and two especially lovely young ladies (2nd and 4th grade) that are enthusiastic and FUN. It makes all the difference.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #38

ok back from my girls night out it FELT so good to get out I really had a good time, hadnt seen my friend in a very long time, schedules conflict. We became friends when I worked at the preschool the first time i lived here in Nashville. we became really good friends, stayed in contact when i moved for 4 years then came back to nashville and still are friends. we try to get together when we can. she left the preschool that i work at and never thought she would leave. the day she called me i was in total shock. i figured she would always be there. but she went to teach in PUblic School. then my friend that i work with now was able to come and i am glad she got to cause she was one that got picked yesterday for the assement.

hope you all have a great WEDNESDAY .
Old 10-12-2011, 04:23 AM   #39
Stazon Splitcoast

I am off today! So could I sleep in? No way... I have been awake since 5AM. I am going to make cards today. Then I want to clean the house. I have been putting off the house for weeks. I can't start cleaning until DH leaves for work. I want him to sleep as long as possible.
Hedgie- I believe knowledge is a great way to start anything. I hope you learn some valuable info.
Joanne- Sometimes having a reason to get up helps. I know it encourages me to get out of bed and do something. Hoping today is better.
Nichole- So happy you had a night out! Thinking of you and DH.
Have a great day!

Joan
Old 10-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #40
New Mommy

I'm planning Preston's birthday party (you're all invited if you want to come!) and need some ideas for snack foods.