Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #121
Glitter Guru

I forget who stubbed/broke their little toe ....how quickly did it heal/stop hurting?
The black and blue is gone but toe still painful to touch. Hurts to wear dress shoes, thank goodness for dress boots! I need this pain to be gone within in 2 weeks, really want to wear nicer shoes. Hedgie, any magic medical cures? lol
Old 02-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #122
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Oh Marie! I am sorry! It was Nikki who thought she had broken her little toe. She taped it to the next toe to stabilize. I think it hurt her for a good week?

I wish I had a magic cure for you. Advil will help keep some inflammation down. And help with the pain.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #123
Glitter Guru

Thanks Hedgie. Dinner this evening with friends and since we are meeting another couple at The Grove DD suggested we spend the night at her place (across the street from Grove). Comfy shoes as there will be plenty of stores calling our names! Only shopping for the economy. One has to think of store owners. Rodeo Drive stores are on their own.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:31 AM   #124
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Marie - you are so funny. Enjoy your evening out!!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #125
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkin View Post
Thanks Hedgie. Dinner this evening with friends and since we are meeting another couple at The Grove DD suggested we spend the night at her place (across the street from Grove). Comfy shoes as there will be plenty of stores calling our names! Only shopping for the economy. One has to think of store owners. Rodeo Drive stores are on their own.
My DD and I shopped at The Grove when we were on a college search. It is beautiful there and yes, the shops are fantastic! Have a great time! Comfy shoes for sure! If you have a second, poke your head into the American Girl Place there, would you? Just wondering how it is doing. I had heard it didn't take off like they had hoped out in LA.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #126
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
Jennifer, if you get up and eat a yogurt or toast....is it relieved?
Nope.

It hurt all day yesterday and then got really bad last night. It's just a sharp stinging pain that gives me goosebumps and makes me double over. No other symptoms though. Today I woke up and I was back to normal....until around 11:30 when the pain started again. I took a nap and it's fine now. So frustrating!
Old 02-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #127
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkincolorado View Post
Thanks for the info Joan!

I was having horrible stomach pain about 2 weeks ago. It would happen every morning and then go away a few hours after I woke up. It's back today This time it's been constant since 5:00am. The dr. can't see me until Monday.

So sorry Jennifer, is the pain more on one side than the other of generally all around? Do you feel nausea with it? Sending much love and hugs.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #128
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkincolorado View Post
Nope.

It hurt all day yesterday and then got really bad last night. It's just a sharp stinging pain that gives me goosebumps and makes me double over. No other symptoms though. Today I woke up and I was back to normal....until around 11:30 when the pain started again. I took a nap and it's fine now. So frustrating!

Do you still have your appendix? Gee, sure do hope you get to see a doctor soon. Please don't hesitate to go to the ER if necessary.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #129
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Marie it was me and my toe is still hurting some, the black and blue is gone, but the redness and tenderness is still there, it hurt for a week or so i was only able to wear flip flops, now i am to wear my other shoes but when i get home, i am so relieved to take my shoes OFF. I hope it does get better for you.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #130
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennifer- Have you ever had pain like this before? Do you have a nurse line that you can call? I know that my insurance has one. They are even open on weekends. Please take care!
Nichole- Are you feeling better? Are you safe through all the storms?
Caterina- You are the kindest person. I bet you can't wait for Magda and the boys to get home!
Heather- How are things going for you? Has work quieted down?

Ladies- I am still in awe. My boss surprised me the other day. The school had a pep fest for the girls hockey team before they left for the state tournament. My boss asked me to go to the pep fest. I knew that she, the cook and the chef were going. The kids would not be coming into the cafeteria. Wow! Of course, I went. I had to hurry to finish my work but this was a first in 13 yrs. Maybe Denise's whammy finally hit her. Will wonders never cease?
Old 02-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #131

Joan i am doing some better thanks we are safe from the storms but the surrounding counties and places are really bad, i went to Hendersonville to visit a friend today and I have to pass through this city called Old Hickory WOW is all I can say, so much damage. BTW i got your LOVELY cards today for the birthday swap. I LOVE the purple set. Purple is my favorite color.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #132
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan- maybe she FINALLY realizes what an assest and wonderfully person (not to mention employee) you are!!!

I'm having a very lazy day. Did work on laundry but not even half of it is done. I was working on some cards and cleaning up my craft room. I don't have a lot of energy.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #133
Die Cut Diva

Hi everyone!

Nikki - please watch those storms!

Jennifer - I hope you are feeling better!

Joan - I'm happy for you that you got to go to the pep rally! Always fun!

We had a little going away party for a friend at work last night! We had a great time! Today, I have just really hung out here at home and worked on some laundry! the wind has picked up and tomorrow it is supposed to blow in excess of 60 MPH! Yuck! Extra benadryl for me and I will stay in!

Jen - I hope you had a good trip home!

Heather - nice to see you!

Sherry
Old 02-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #134
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Sherry - we had those horrible gusts of 60 mph, too. It's awful!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #135
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!

Our trip home was fine. Good news was that there was hardly any traffic. Bad news is it poured from Greenwich, CT all the way home. It was rough. The boys went old school for some reason and did not play their DS or watch videos. I think we were all exhausted!

I went to bed early last night and took a 3 hour nap today. Catching up on all the sleep I missed with the crying baby who apparently slept last night after they moved him to his own room. They told me it was too much for him for us to be there. Guess so. No one told them to switch his schedule for us. Whatever. My bro is a giant turd.

I am hoping to break out some stamps today/tomorrow. I haven't done a thing except relax and sleep. I made some garlic crusted haddock for dinner with zucchini risotto - going to eat and enjoy it!
Old 02-27-2011, 03:32 AM   #136
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Sunday to you all.
  • Marie - it will take longer than you think. Keep it taped together as much as possible.
  • Joanne - I was feeling lazy yesterday too.
  • Nikki - hope things are working out for you
  • Joan - so cool that you were able to attend the Pep Rally!
  • Jennifer - are you feeling better today
  • Jen - glad you made it home safely
  • Hedgie - how are you feeling today?
  • Hi to Sherry, Cat and anyone I missed!
Went shopping yesterday after picking A up from her theater workshop. She needed a dress for her class trip to NYC. Found a really cute dress, shrug and DAD found the shoes at Kohls! I also found the coral shoes I was looking for ALL LAST SUMMER to go with one of my dresses. So picked them up for ME. Also picked up the birthday gifts for our God daughter at the jewelers and Hallmark. A is giving her a recorded story book and K & I are giving her birthstone earrings. She turns 1 on Friday!

A cantors this morning at 9 am Mass. One of the songs the children's choir is singing is

YouTube - You Are My Hiding Place ( With Lyrics )

It is A's favorite hymn and so beautiful.

M is in his first TKD competition with the RU club team at Princeton. We thought about going but he'll only spar for 4 mins and even if he wins, he won't spar again. So I think we'll stay home after Mass and work on homework...

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless ~ Mother Teresa
Old 02-27-2011, 06:31 AM   #137
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning! Sun is shining and I'm headed out to church. Numbers have been low all the way around, we'll see what today brings.

Bill and I have some errands to run. Kohl's may be one fo then. Liz, is that where you found the shoes?

I was cleaning/organizing again in my craft room. I think I asked you this before, Liz, but I can't remember so I'll ask again. I have some 12x12 and some 6x6 papers that I could send for your scrapbook group. Are you still doing that? Interested in those size papers?
Old 02-27-2011, 07:12 AM   #138
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning... I am spending the day finishing some cards I started yesterday. I worked all day. No one else is home again. Seems like all I do is make a mess!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #139
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Good Morning! It may reach near 40 today. Heat wave!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #140

morning ladies hope you all have a great week
Old 02-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #141
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, I have decided that I was too stressed about going to the gym. I have been depressed, anxious and not happy. I decided that I would much rather do "Sweating to the Oldies" and/or a step workout. So, we went and got a step fitness kit with step and DVD workout. I also stopped at KMart and got shorts and tshirts to work out in - only $5 and I'm feeling much happier and more relieved than I have in days. Honestly, yesterday I just felt like crying. SO, this is my new plan!
Old 02-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #142
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Morning! Sun is shining and I'm headed out to church. Numbers have been low all the way around, we'll see what today brings.

Bill and I have some errands to run. Kohl's may be one fo then. Liz, is that where you found the shoes?

I was cleaning/organizing again in my craft room. I think I asked you this before, Liz, but I can't remember so I'll ask again. I have some 12x12 and some 6x6 papers that I could send for your scrapbook group. Are you still doing that? Interested in those size papers?
We had a pretty good turnout at 9 am for Mass. The kids sounded so good.

Yes, the shoes were from Kohls -

And Yes, I'm still doing the club this year, but we've been so fortunate in donations! We're all set for papers, tools, etc. Thanks for the offer.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless ~ Mother Teresa
Old 02-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #143
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Okay, I have decided that I was too stressed about going to the gym. I have been depressed, anxious and not happy. I decided that I would much rather do "Sweating to the Oldies" and/or a step workout. So, we went and got a step fitness kit with step and DVD workout. I also stopped at KMart and got shorts and tshirts to work out in - only $5 and I'm feeling much happier and more relieved than I have in days. Honestly, yesterday I just felt like crying. SO, this is my new plan!

Sounds like an excellent plan. I might suggest that you set aside a specific time in the morning to do this - like an appointment with yourself. Don't wait until 'later' cuz 'later' will get away from you!

Old 02-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #144
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I do plan to exercise early in the day - like 9. I'll take Julie to school, have breakfast and then exercise after checking emails. I was just feeling so uncomfortable about going to the gym. If it was Curves (all women) it might not bother me quite as much, but I was not comfortable with all those men - and some of them young guys.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #145
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne - I'm glad that you found a plan for yourself! Once you are into it a little more I highly recommend a sweat-wicking t-shirt instead of a regular cotton one - you'll feel better/cooler in it. It'll be a nice treat/reward for you! I am so happy you are going to do something! Keep us posted how it's going!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #146
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I will invest in one of those t-shirts, but I would like to lose a little weight first. That will be the goal and treat!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #147
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Joanne, I feel that same pressure you do about going to a gym. I get nervous/anxious, break out into a sweat, just thinking about it. I get this exact same feeling when I think about ever dating again, by the way!

It does not matter how you exercise. All it really is about, is moving. So if that is at home, great! If one day you decide to walk the mall. Great. The pressure to do this gym thing has a reverse effect on ppl like you and me. We then retreat and do nothing. But NOW, you are doing something! And I am still doing nothing!!

Let me know how you like your kit! I may have to get one for me!!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #148
Stazon Splitcoast

I usually buy the mens ones btw...I like them a little big and long and the women's shirts don't do that - they are so short - I need something covering my butt! LOL
Old 02-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #149
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I will most likely do the same thing for exactly the same reasons!
Old 02-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #150
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Where do you find these wicking tshirts? Target?
Old 02-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #151
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, Target is a great choice - even WM has them - I think! Sports Authority/Modells. Look for a sale. I got two of my favorites at Sam's Club!
The other must is a good sportsbra.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #152
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

OK! Thanks! I sweat so much during the night I may start sleeping in these! I know, TMI, but I hate being sweaty and am that way, from 3-4 am onward. Drenched. Anything to be more comfortable.

Then,"maybe" I will exercise. I avoid that sweaty feeling at all cost, currently.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #153
Stazon Splitcoast

Did you see the recent report that hot flashes are good for your heart? It means your body is working properly. I am going to remember that when it's my time!

The only thing is I do find that they stain easily, but whatever - it's workout wear!

You can amass a great amount of "free" shirts if you start walking 5ks.

How's this for a challenge - every one of us signs up to walk/run a 5K this summer!!!! it's only 3 miles!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #154
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hedgie - I hate to sweat, that is one reason I've never been into exercise. However, if I exercise here at home, I can have the fan blowing on me full blast if I need it!!! I'm really looking forward to this now.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #155
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

My DD did an 18 K this am in San Fran.
Can not even believe how one does that?
Old 02-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #156
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
My DD did an 18 K this am in San Fran.
Can not even believe how one does that?
Wow.....that's a lot. Did a half mary and thought I was going to die. LOL. But then again, I love the short tris -to each his own!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #157
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Bill ran a marathon a few years ago. He has been sticking to half marathons lately. He doesn't have the time to train for the full.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:22 AM   #158
Stazon Splitcoast

New thread:

*** Misfit Monday (02-28-11) ***