Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 06-01-2017, 06:49 AM   #1
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado
Default ***Misfit Monday (6-1-17)***

Happy June!

Usually summer seems to take forever to get over with (I'm always ready for Fall!), but with Preston having to go back to school in August, I'm sure it will fly by.

We sold my dad's house yesterday. He had a double wide modular home so we were able to sell it back to the realtor which was a blessing. We didn't have to clean anything (although I did ) and we don't owe anything. We moved all of his furniture and belongings into our garage on Monday. We'll have a garage sale and then donate the rest.

My neighbor is interested in buying my dad's vehicle which would be great! I spent 2 hours cleaning it and it looks really good now. Little by little, things are getting taken care of.
jor, caterinafmig and Gail Russell like this post.
Unread 06-01-2017, 07:23 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for posting for June!

Today is the first day of my summer vacation from work.

Jennifer- happy that things are going well with your dad's estate. have a fun summer with Preston!

Joanne- How are you doing?

Caterina- I am thinking of you and Reynolds. Sure hope things are better. You are such sweet people.

Gail- I know you are always busy.

Happy Summer to all!

A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion..Grantland Rice

"A handmade card is like a hug with a fold in the middle."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Gail Russell likes this post.
Unread 06-01-2017, 07:44 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Wow, June 1st already and the sun is out again today!

Reynold and I continue with various doctors' appointments. His ear is still healing and he is being very careful to keep his head covered.

Have not done anything in my craft room for months and hoping to get some mojo back.

Thanks, Jennifer, for starting the new thread and hope the garage sale will be a success.
Unread 06-04-2017, 10:49 AM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Sunday!

It is hot, hot, hot!

I walked to church early this morning. It was already 75 degrees. My clothes were sticky. Dh met me and drove me home. Oh well! After all it is summer.

I am looking forward to doing some things I have been putting off. I really need to spend about 2 weeks cleaning, straightening and uncluttering my craft areas.

have a good day!

A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion..Grantland Rice

Unread 06-04-2017, 06:36 PM   #5
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all! Bill and I went camping this past weekend. First nice weather weekend in (what seems like) forever. I'm glad we went. I checked weather for the rest of the week - chance of rain ALL week. And mostly cloudy on every day anyway. Thank goodness it is green outside!

Had a wonderful time camping. It was just what I needed. Especially since Bill will be gone most of this week and then he goes to England next Sunday through Saturday. UGH.

Jennifer - glad you were able to sell your dad's house - that is such a relief. Not easy, but a relief. A friend of mine just had an estate sale of her mom's home. Her mom passed away in December but she knew she wouldn't be able to deal with it before this - just because of how busy things were with her. Although she also said the added time made it easier.

Joan - SO glad you are on your summer break. Our schools are done on Friday. I have quite a few teacher friends who are more than ready!

I am with those of you who want to stamp/create. I have so much cleaning to do (and still organizing, decluttering, etc), but I think I will treat myself in my stamp room at least some time this week. With Bill gone, it will cheer me. AND if the weather is lousy.
Unread 06-05-2017, 07:16 AM   #6
New Mommy

Looking forward to spending my birthday with my favorite little man and my mama. We're going out to breakfast at my favorite restaurant (Egg and I) and then we're taking Preston to an 'Alice In Wonderland' park. I keep hearing about it and have never been there - they have really big things and really little things. Robert is getting off work at 3:00 - not sure what we're doing after that.

Thank you all for the FB birthday wishes!
caterinafmig and Gail Russell like this post.
Unread 06-05-2017, 08:12 AM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENNIFER!
jkincolorado and smileyj like this post.
Unread 06-06-2017, 08:06 AM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Was surprised to see the sun out today and am grateful!

My gastro guy called yesterday and wants me to stay on liquids for a couple of days, then call him early next week to see how things are going. I so want to be able to go down to Ft. Benning for Alexander's boot camp graduation and not deal with the gastric stuff. Lord willing, I will be able to be there.
jor and Gail Russell like this post.
Unread 06-06-2017, 08:59 PM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

Finally we are into June but I'm still wearing a jacket! I'm having some ladies over for a luncheon today so I'm getting out the good china. I hope to have some good laughs with everyone. I can't remember when I had my pretty dishes out? Days just blurr with errands to run and I've been neglecting my card room. Time to start on some Christmas cards!
jor and caterinafmig like this post.
Unread 06-07-2017, 04:09 PM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

The lucheon went fine and I'm sharing my table centerpiece. The day was sunny and even warmed up during the day. I'll sleep well tonight.💕💕💕
Attached Thumbnails
img_4519.jpg  
jor, caterinafmig and smileyj like this post.
Unread 06-08-2017, 08:37 AM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Both Reynold and I were up early this morning to get to the doctor's office for Reynold's colonoscopy. The doctor's report was good! PTL!
smileyj likes this post.
Unread 06-08-2017, 11:26 AM   #12
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Some good news, Caterina! Wonderful!

Gail - how lovely! I'll come to your next tea!! I really need to do that at some point!

I've not accomplished much today - did get the bathroom washed and a load of laundry done. Not nearly enough, but at least it was something. Tomorrow is our 33rd anniversary! Not sure we are doing anything as he gets home tomorrow (late) and leaves early Sunday for England and Scotland on business.
jkincolorado likes this post.
Unread 06-09-2017, 11:28 AM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Our phone rings.....
Me: Hello
Caller: May I speak to Mr. Grove
Me: This is his wife, can I help you.
Caller: This is doctor (somebody) office and we wanted to see how Mr. Grove is doing after his procedure.
Me: Well, we were just talking about his neck hurting when he turns it.
Caller: What? His neck hurts when he turns it?
Me: Yes, the doctor said it would take time....
Caller: (Interrupts me, somewhat with a shocked voice) You are telling me that his neck hurts when he turns it?!
.....The light comes on in my head...
Me: Oh, you are calling about the colonoscopy he had? You see, my husband had two procedures this week.
Caller: Guess I should have been more specific regarding the reason I was calling.
Me: (Now trying not to laugh) Oh goodness, he is doing fine with that and happy to be able to eat.
Caller: Happy to hear he is doing well.
Me: Thanks, Bye.

No doubt this gave the caller a chuckle and is being told to all the office staff.

jkincolorado and smileyj like this post.
Unread 06-11-2017, 06:42 PM   #14
Stazon Splitcoast

Great exchange.... Caterina

I am just not excited about much of anything. This HEAT is getting to me in more ways than one. I just can't handle 80's and 90's with high humidity. It makes me cranky and not feeling well. I have an infection that meds doesn't seem to be helping. So that makes me even more crabby. My DGD will be here tomorrow. I should have cleaned the house. But I have no ambition. Good thing my DIL is coming here. She has OCD and drives me crazy with her looks and comments about my housekeeping.

Unread 06-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #15
New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENNIFER!
Thanks Cat! It was a fun day
Unread 06-12-2017, 08:39 AM   #16
New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Was surprised to see the sun out today and am grateful!

My gastro guy called yesterday and wants me to stay on liquids for a couple of days, then call him early next week to see how things are going. I so want to be able to go down to Ft. Benning for Alexander's boot camp graduation and not deal with the gastric stuff. Lord willing, I will be able to be there.
I hope you're able to go!
Unread 06-12-2017, 08:40 AM   #17
New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Some good news, Caterina! Wonderful!

Gail - how lovely! I'll come to your next tea!! I really need to do that at some point!

I've not accomplished much today - did get the bathroom washed and a load of laundry done. Not nearly enough, but at least it was something. Tomorrow is our 33rd anniversary! Not sure we are doing anything as he gets home tomorrow (late) and leaves early Sunday for England and Scotland on business.
Happy Anniversary! Hope you kids were able to go out and enjoy!
smileyj likes this post.
Unread 06-12-2017, 10:13 AM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't believe it's June!

Happy belated birthdays, Jennifer and Caterina! I hope your cards arrived on time.

Very hot here today and tomorrow. I am blessed to work in AC and have AC at home.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless ~ Mother Teresa
caterinafmig and smileyj like this post.
Unread 06-12-2017, 03:32 PM   #19
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm with all of you dealing with the heat and humidity. Saturday was very warm, but not yet too humid. It was a beautiful evening! But now it is HOT. At least the sun is shining!!!

Joan - how old is your granddaughter now? I lose track of time.

Having really bad issues with sleep - as it not sleeping at night at all. I only allow myself to sleep about four or five hours when I do fall asleep. This is not good for me in so many ways. I'm not eating well, getting no exercise (but my knee doesn't help with that). I'm grumpy and frustrated myself. I DID stamp yesterday!!!!!
Unread 06-13-2017, 07:49 AM   #20
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Liz, I did receive your birthday card and so appreciate your card and you for sending it. Thank you.

Joanne, sorry you continue to have problems sleeping. Lack of a good night's sleep can wreck havoc with your body and emotions. Do you take anything to help your sleep? Reynold has been using zzzquill which is helping him sleep better.

It has been warm, however, I am a summer baby so no complaints from me. I am grateful for the AC that removes a lot of the humidity.

Have pretty much stayed on liquids for several days and will try to eat a bit today with the hope that all will go well.
Unread 06-13-2017, 11:31 AM   #21
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina - currently I am not taking anything. Doctor is trying to figure out if the meds were actually causing my daytime fatigue. Well, now I'm not sleeping so - now what?

I am hoping that my cards reached you and Jennifer. I mailed them late (while we were camping) and wasn't sure they would go out the next day. I hope they did.

Julie and I were out today. Went to lunch - the part of the restaurant we were in was freezing. I could have worn a light sweater. when I went to use the rest room, I noticed the other two rooms were much more comfy! Too funny - we're either too hot or too cold. It is hot and humid, but there is a gentle breeze so short times outside weren't bad.
Unread 06-13-2017, 11:42 AM   #22
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joanne, I was having 'hangover' from some of my meds and the doctor had me cut one of them in quarters which seems to be working much better.
Unread 06-13-2017, 11:57 AM   #23
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne- I have been sleeping much better since I am not working. Hope you can get the rest you need. Have you tried any meds.

Caterina- Are you and Reynolds doing better?

Hello to everyone! Another hot humid day in MN. For everyone who thinks MN is always cold, you were wrong!

Unread 06-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #24
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan - Yes, I have tried two meds. One works almost all the time, the other not so much. Unfortunately, the one that works is now more controlled (due to addiction possibility) and my doctor does not want to deal with the added paperwork and detail - she would rather treat patients. Which I completely understand. I am also currently off all meds to see if we can figure out why I'm fatigued all the time. This experiment is obviously a failure since I'm not sleeping but a few hours a day, and usually fall asleep when the sun is coming up. Could be interesting.

You reminded me though - Caterina - what is the amount of melatonin you take?
Unread 06-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #25
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

I take two capsules of melatonin 10 mg each and get Swanson's triple strength melatonin. At first you may have to see what amount will work for you and the doctor may be able to help you with that.

For whatever reasons, Reynold prefers the Zzzquill and he seems happy with that.
Unread 06-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #26
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joan, Reynold continues to do fairly well except for his neck. He has had two procedures on his neck that is hopefully to alleviate pain. He will be seeing the doctor for a follow up.

I have been dealing with gastric/bowel problems and talked with my gastro guy this afternoon. He said I can try to eat a bit of solid food, however, to be sure to take all the meds, including that nasty mag citrate. Just praying I will be healthy enough to drive down to Ft. Benning, GA for Alexander's graduation from boot camp. Truly trusting God to be there next week.
Unread 06-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #27
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Caterina. Marie uses Zzzquill sometimes. It doesn't work for me. I tried 6mg of melatonin the other night (I couldn't take it anymore!). I will ask my doctor about it when I see her in two weeks. I may be a zombie by then!
Unread 06-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #28
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

You might want to call the doctor... waiting two weeks is too long to deal with insomnia.

Both Reynold and I have been reading inspiring and uplifting books before we turn out the lights in the bedroom. It gives both of us good thoughts to sleep on.
Unread 06-15-2017, 11:04 AM   #29
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry gals I've been locked out from SCS. I'm back. Their machine didn't like my carrier. All these techie things - I don't understand it and it is just annoying.

TV situation was finally settled with three TV's on the living room floor. I didn't know how to hook up or program any of them. More techie stuff. We did the big treck to a local town for a new dentist for me. Hubby already goes there. Best thing was a visit to Staples for more envelopes! Working on the first batch of Christmas cards. It is never too early for that!!!
smileyj likes this post.
Unread 06-15-2017, 12:16 PM   #30
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Gail, I hate techie stuff... it is great when it works, however, it is the pits when it doesn't. I am still trying to figure out Netflix
smileyj likes this post.
Unread 06-15-2017, 06:48 PM   #31
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so very grateful for my 2 tech savvy sons. They help me all the time. I like to tease them and tell that is why I helped them to attend college. The oldest son has an IT degree. The youngest has worked in IT since freshmen year of college. He does have a MA in Music Ed.

caterinafmig and Gail Russell like this post.
Unread 06-17-2017, 07:12 AM   #32
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joan, having tech savvy people in the family is a big plus!

It is a very cloudy day here and looks like it may be a rainy weekend. We need the rain so I am grateful.

Will be leaving on Monday to make our way to Ft. Benning, GA for Alexander's graduation. So excited to see him. I am so very proud of my grandson.
redapron, smileyj and Gail Russell like this post.
Unread 06-17-2017, 07:14 PM   #33
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- Safe travels... I too am proud of young people who choose to serve my country!

Unread 06-18-2017, 11:41 AM   #34
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina - definitely prayers for safe travel. Alexander is a gem, too!!

Gail - I have a lot of Christmas cards already made - I have sent out very few handmade cards the last few years. Mostly to all of you and my family.

Question for those of you with sleep issues: have any of you found any Christian tapes to help with sleep. Like a meditation but Bible based?
Unread 06-18-2017, 07:26 PM   #35
Stazon Splitcoast

Default picture

Joanne- No I haven't looked into this!

DH took this picture of me. he thought it was fun! However, he wouldn't let me take one of him!
Attached Thumbnails
joan-2017-pop-corn-box.jpg  

redapron, caterinafmig and Gail Russell like this post.
Unread 06-19-2017, 02:45 PM   #36
Stazon Splitcoast

I spent the weekend playing with my new Stampin Up toys.
redapron, jor and caterinafmig like this post.
Unread 06-20-2017, 05:05 AM   #37
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Got to speak with Alexander on the phone early this morning!!! Tomorrow is Family Day!
Unread 06-20-2017, 12:34 PM   #38
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

You are adorable Joan! You always have a smile on your face. No wonder the kids at school love you so much.

Gail - it is FUN playing with new toys, isn't it? I am anxious to get back again. I did some stamping last week. I do have some cleaning up to do before I start much else.

Caterina - YAY! I know how much you adore your grandchildren!

It is a beautiful day here! Lots of sunshine and blue skies and less humidity! A great day!

AND, I had to go for an ultrasound for cysts in my breast. I have been followed every six months for two years. Since nothing has changed in that time - I am 'free'. I go back to just a yearly mammogram.
Unread Yesterday, 06:35 AM   #39
Stazon Splitcoast

Had to be taken by ambulance to St. Francis Hospital in Columbus, GA yesterday afternoon because of severe gastric pain along with the usual vomiting. Did not get back to our hotel room until 1AM and felt completely wiped. The truly terrible thing was that I was unable to attend Alexander's graduation today.
Unread Yesterday, 01:13 PM   #40
Stazon Splitcoast

Cat so sorry for your health issues and the disappointment of not attending the ceremony. Hugs and prayers for you.
caterinafmig likes this post.