Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree362Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 04:42 AM   #1
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado
Default ***Misfit Monday (4-1-14)***

Happy April! Woke up with a Charley horse in my calf so I thought I'd post the new thread since I was up.

This has been a very emotional trip. We fly home late tonight. I am so ready to leave.

We have a meeting this afternoon with my dad's treatment team. Curious what they have to say. I still don't think he realizes how bad things are.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:47 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

So sorry Jennifer
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-01-2014, 08:00 AM   #3
Die Cut Diva

Jennifer - good thoughts and prayers for you and your family!

Sherry
Old 04-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Sherry, you asked me a question about our trip on the old thread and I answered you, however, thought to post here as well...

When I went in 1987, my mother cried begging me not to go because of the 'danger' there. I assured her I would be fine and truly begged her to go with me. When I called my mother from Jerusalem, she cried saying she was foolish and wished she went with me.

Let me say this, in 1987 I felt safer in Israel than I did in my own neighborhood. The Israeli soldiers are very vigilant, patrolling the streets and patrolling on the old wall around Jerusalem. There has always been turmoil because of the surrounding arab countries - they do not recognize Israel as a sovereign state. In fact, most tourists are encouraged not to have their passport stamped when entering Israel because of those surrounding countries - so they gave me a piece of paper to have them stamp that instead. This time I will have them stamp my passport since I have no intentions of traveling to Egypt as I did in 1987.

I already prayed the same prayer from 1987... if something should happen, please make sure it is at the end of our visit and not at the beginning.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:59 AM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

So sorry jennifer- Take care of yourself!

Caterina- I wish I could go with you! Too bad I am tooooo big to fit in your carry on bag.

I thought it was an April Fool's jone when it was snowy this morning!

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them." -John C. Maxwell

Joan
Old 04-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #6
Mad Swapper

Heart

So, So sorry, Jennifer!!! Safe travels home! {{HUGS}}

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:23 PM   #7
Mad Swapper

I am dragging today!!! I couldn't sleep a wink last night. I feel so alone and feel like whenever I think things are going to get better, I just get kicked back down the big back hole of depression!!! I'm tired of taking medications that are supposed to make the depression and anxiety better, though I feel like things can't feel much worse. I know all of you get tired of listening to the same broken record of my life. I don't know what I'd do without you!!! I would be totally alone!!! I don't DARE to say anything to my daughter, and I don't want to worry my son. I don't tell Bob, as he wouldn't truly listen to ME.

THANK YOU MY FRIENDS ! ! ! I feel like such a failure!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 04-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #8
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

hello friends had a great weekend spent time with family had 2 friends from work go with me it was a good time. then on Sunday I got sick with a cold/sinus pressure coughing /sneezing etc did that all night and all day on Monday. I decided to go to dr today gave me antibiotic and an inhaler he heard me wheezing.....

have some sad news my nephews (mother) Her mother got hit by a car on Monday morning around 3am. Her and her boyfriend got into a fight so she left and walked out in front of a car . Such a sad situation . So the boys mother is taking this really hard I just talked to her on Sunday for a few mins on the phone when I was in GA. Its so hard to realize she is gone. Such a shock to our family. If you wouldn't mind could you all just keep our family in your prayers.

hope you all are doing good. HUGS to all
Old 04-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalaskowski View Post
I am dragging today!!! I couldn't sleep a wink last night. I feel so alone and feel like whenever I think things are going to get better, I just get kicked back down the big back hole of depression!!! I'm tired of taking medications that are supposed to make the depression and anxiety better, though I feel like things can't feel much worse. I know all of you get tired of listening to the same broken record of my life. I don't know what I'd do without you!!! I would be totally alone!!! I don't DARE to say anything to my daughter, and I don't want to worry my son. I don't tell Bob, as he wouldn't truly listen to ME.

THANK YOU MY FRIENDS ! ! ! I feel like such a failure!!!

Repeat after me You are NOT a failure. You are a beautiful caring lady. Hard as it may be at times, change the negative thoughts about yourself. Just because someone mistreats you, doesn't mean you are the problem or have done anything wrong. If someone says negative things about you,it doesn't make it true. If I called you a pink horse, would that make you a pink horse? I use that line because of a wonderful therapist who used it on me over 35 years ago.

You are valuable and important!
jor, smileyj and kgostamper like this post.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:22 PM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
hello friends had a great weekend spent time with family had 2 friends from work go with me it was a good time. then on Sunday I got sick with a cold/sinus pressure coughing /sneezing etc did that all night and all day on Monday. I decided to go to dr today gave me antibiotic and an inhaler he heard me wheezing.....

have some sad news my nephews (mother) Her mother got hit by a car on Monday morning around 3am. Her and her boyfriend got into a fight so she left and walked out in front of a car . Such a sad situation . So the boys mother is taking this really hard I just talked to her on Sunday for a few mins on the phone when I was in GA. Its so hard to realize she is gone. Such a shock to our family. If you wouldn't mind could you all just keep our family in your prayers.

hope you all are doing good. HUGS to all
Oh Nichole, how terrible and a horrible shock. So very sorry, sending much love and prayers.
nikki1578 likes this post.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:30 PM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda- I so agree with caterina! You are not a failure in anyway! You are a wonderful friend. I think your daughter must feel very poorly of herself. So she is pushing it on you! Please know that I think of you as a friend! HUGS

Nichole- How awful! yes, I will keep your family in my prayers.

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them." -John C. Maxwell

Joan
Old 04-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

We are finally packing!!!! Yes, we always wait until the night before. Tried to do it early a few years back and forgot too many things.

Gosh, wish I could take all of you with us!
Old 04-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #13
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Cat hope you have a safe and fun trip enjoy yourselves
Old 04-01-2014, 05:39 PM   #14
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda - you are loved. You are cared about. I am sorry you are feeling down. We ARE here for you. Always.

Nikki - I am so sorry - will keep the family in my prayers.

Jennifer - thinking of you and praying for safe travels home. I know a lot of people who don't recognize how serious their illnesses are - they are in denial. I hope your father can realize soon what he has/needs to do.

Bill and I spent the day driving around and doing a little shopping. While we were out he found out he needs to go to the UK again - leaving Saturday I will be happy when this project is done. As it is he has to be in DC tomorrow night through Friday. He'll be gone a week at this rate.

Also got some sad news. A woman I went to Bible study with has a daughter with cancer. The girl is only 15 or 16. Her cancer was in remission -it is back. The girl is planning her own funeral. Interestingly, this family is also friends with one of our old pediatrician's - I know his wife as well. I'm just so sad right now.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #15
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- I am sure it will be an awesome trip. Have fun and truly enjoy the history.

Joanne- I feel bad for your friends.

Joan
Old 04-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #16
Die Cut Diva

Jor - THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP

Cat - have a wonderful trip!

Joanne - sorry for the sad news. Some days a person wonders where life is going.

Nichole - very sorry for your family!

Jennifer - it is a very difficult thing to deal with aging parents. My Mom turns 89 this month and she has had me upset. When you are far away you feel helpless at times.

Linda - you have to value yourself! Not every day can be perfect but it can be perfect for You!!!

Sherry - Hope you had a better day. Trust me the days get better!

Misfit Monday (plus 1) - We experienced freezing rain and sleet all night and then topped with a layer of snow. Schools were closed and no-one went any where. I slept in and played with cards. I have a class that I give on Friday so I was preparing kits for everyone. Who knows if I'll get out of here tomorrow. You plan and then you cancel. Looks like Thursday and Friday are going to be warmer days. So I'm hopeful that I'll be able to go with the Red Hat Ladies. It is always good to get out with the girls and have lunch out and hit some of the stores without our DH, who are always in a hurry to get home. I really need a day like that once a month.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:26 PM   #17
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

We had a wonderful, spring-like day here. The rest of the week looks like rain. Ugh. That means muddy dogs. *sigh*

Gail - where does your mom live?
Old 04-01-2014, 08:02 PM   #18
Die Cut Diva

Joanne - My Mom is up in Ontario (2000 miles from Nova Scotia) and in good health and pretty good mentality. A few weeks back a lawyer came to the retirement home for seniors and gave a little chat to the seniors about their estates and what would happen on their death. His talk was called 5 things the government doesn't want you to know. After an hour session my Mom was changing lawyers, changing her will and was in a state of chaos. Older folks become so trusting and are easily upset. I think it was a slow winter for the lawyer and he wanted to drum up business. Mom went into a tizzy and I was crying. Between my brother and I no drastic changes have taken place. Thank goodness. It is the kind of story that movies are made.

place.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #19
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sorry to hear that, Gail. And you are so right - there are scare tactics involved. It is a shame!
smileyj likes this post.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:53 AM   #20
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning!

Cat - thank you for the info. I'm glad you will be safe! You have to come back!

Linda - hang in there! you are a great person! don't let anyone or yourself tell you any different!

Gail - thanks for the encouragment! Each day is a little easier! I'm going to do this, it will all be ok!

Nikki - I'm so sorry you are so sick! Please take care of yourself!

Joanne - thought about you.....I've been watching all the old law and orders on sundance channel! Love it!

hedgie - How are you feeling???

Jennifer - thinking about you!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Sherry
Old 04-02-2014, 08:50 AM   #21
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

We made it home at 2am. It was a loooong day!!
Old 04-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #22
Rubber Obsessor

Hi all,

Just checking in. Here in MN it is a beautiful, sunny day...tomorrow then are saying we will get snow late evening into Friday. Could be 6 inches or more. Ugh! So over winter.

Cat - have a wonderful trip. Will keep you in my prayers.

Linda - so sorry you are having a bad day. Depression sucks! I know sometimes I felt like my meds were not working. The depression was always worse when I was having sleep issues. I hope you get a good nights sleep tonight and that your world appears a bit brighter tomorrow.

Got to go back to work now. Have a good afternoon all.

Robinlyn K
Old 04-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #23
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Sleep issues - yep - got them! Had another night of trouble falling asleep. I do have an appointment with my sleep doctor coming up soon. I think I'm going to have to ask about a sleep aid again. Even if it is an anti-anxiety, I think that would help.

Sherry - I DO LOVE Law & Order!

It actually cleared up a little bit today. More rain for the rest of the week, however. I had a few errands to run and I did that. Although I'm sure a grocery store trip will be in the works. Maybe Julie and Marie will go for me!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #24
Stazon Splitcoast

jennifer- happy that you arrived home safely!

Gail- it upsets me when people feel it is okay to worry older people by scaring them.

Joanne- I have been having trouble sleeping.too! Mine is from stress!

Robinlyn- the weather in Mn is so predictable. My dad used to say,"just wait until tomorrow. it'll be different."

I am home alone and enjoying the quiet.

Joan
Old 04-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #25
Die Cut Diva

Misfit Monday (plus2) More snow and icy roads. Tomorrow I'm going to Red Hats and spending some time away. Michaels here I come!!! Last time I was there I invested in some of those cube storage system. I have to say I'm very happy with them and it's helping me to organize better. Anyhow a fun day ahead!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #26
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Enjoy your day tomorrow, Gail!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:51 AM   #27
Mad Swapper

I have been having bad headaches again. Yesterday I realized why, and maybe why my mood has been so bad. I found an empty prescription bottle of Topamax yesterday. Seems that I've been out of it for a month or more. This morning I woke up with a BAD migraine. At least I know why!!! It will take quite awhile to start working. My memory is terrible when I am under STRESS!!!

The depression should get better once it gets built up in my system.
I talked to my SIL in AZ yesterday. She is having the same type of problems with her mother that I am having with my daughter. We both agreed not to expect anything from them at this point. I know that will be hard, but hopefully I can stay busier and not let it bother me as much. It is out of my control!!!

I got an email from my sister yesterday. Her Daughter, Jessica is my niece that had children taken away from her. I thought I'd update you on that mess. When Jessica overdosed, it was with Opiates of some sort and Meth. It seems that she has a drug problem. I think it has been going on for quite awhile. My sister got her in a short-term rehab here. However, Jessica thinks she doesn't need any other help. Her 2 children are now living with their father in Illinois, altho they are still in the judicial system in Missouri.

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 04-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #28
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post

HUGS to all
Nichole, I'm sorry that I haven't responded to this, but want you to know that Your family have been in my prayers. This is so, so sad!

I hope you are feeling better by now. This has been a terrible year for so many viruses and bugs! You have had more than your share of being sick!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 04-03-2014, 10:05 AM   #29
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda - You reminded me that I have to call to renew a prescription! See, our Misfits friends help us in many ways!

Is Jessica the niece that you were having trouble connecting with? She had only wanted contact with you for awhile? I hope that being in the rehab will open her eyes. Such a scary situation!

I am trying to muster the energy to go to the grocery store. We're having tacos for dinner and I need the ground beef (although with a bunch other items).
Old 04-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #30
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinlynk View Post
Hi all,

Just checking in. Here in MN it is a beautiful, sunny day...tomorrow then are saying we will get snow late evening into Friday. Could be 6 inches or more. Ugh! So over winter.

Linda - so sorry you are having a bad day. Depression sucks! I know sometimes I felt like my meds were not working. The depression was always worse when I was having sleep issues. I hope you get a good nights sleep tonight and that your world appears a bit brighter tomorrow.
Robinlyn K
Robin, I hope you didn't get all that snow!!! We had LOTS of rain and thunder all night. It is expected all day today through tomorrow, with possible bad storms. They even used that word, "TORNADOS"!!!

I DID sleep better last night. Joanne, I hope you did too!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 04-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #31
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Is Jessica the niece that you were having trouble connecting with? She had only wanted contact with you for awhile? I hope that being in the rehab will open her eyes. Such a scary situation!.
Yes, Joanne, Jessica was the one that attempted suicide. She's the one that called me after getting home from the hospital. I found out when I was in AZ that she had also called my SIL. She wanted to come to stay with them. Luckily, Stacy already knew that Jessica was on drugs and told her that if she came there, she would find her a place to get help with her addiction. Of course, Jessica didn't want any part of that.

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 04-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #32
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Russell View Post
Misfit Monday (plus2) More snow and icy roads. Tomorrow I'm going to Red Hats and spending some time away. Michaels here I come!!! Last time I was there I invested in some of those cube storage system. I have to say I'm very happy with them and it's helping me to organize better. Anyhow a fun day ahead!!!
Gail, I hope you are having better weather today, and you are having a FUN-FILLED Day!!! Even if it rains, having a fun day makes you not mind so much!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 04-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #33
Mad Swapper

Jennifer, how are you doing today? My thoughts and prayers are with you still. Have you heard anymore about your Dad? I love the picture you posted on FB, with you and your dad!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 04-03-2014, 10:35 AM   #34
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quick drive by to say...

WE ARE ISRAEL!!! We have a fantastic view of the Sea of Galilee from our hotel window.

Limited internet so nite-nite.
redapron, jkincolorado and kgostamper like this post.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #35
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you arrived and are having fun, Caterina!!!!
Old 04-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #36
Mad Swapper

Caterina, Glad you made it safely!!! Enjoy your vacation!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 04-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #37
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- WAHOO!

Linda- I am using the daily pill keepers to set up my allergy and High blood pressure pills. Otherwise, I would forget. I pray it gets you back on track quickly. Family- you can't live with them and you can't live without them. For me family can be a struggle.

Joanne- getting a refill for my meds has become a cumbersome process. The last time it took 6 weeks. Sure hope you have a better experience.

Jennifer- Have you been able to get some rest? I am thinking of you and your family.

Sherry- Know that I am praying for you!

Robin- So far we have only seen sleet on the east side! I hope we don't get the projected 6-10 inches of that 4 letter word.

Joan
Old 04-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #38
Mad Swapper

Smile

Joan, I use those pill-reminder containers too. My problem is that I take too many pills, and I have no memory right now! Unfortunately, I won't get the medication until next week because I get them through the mail. I did find an old prescribed medication for migraines, and took one. My headache is about gone!!! Unfortunately, I only have one more pill. They are only 3 years old!!! All I care about is it still works!!!

My next challenge is that Bob wants to go to his Daughter's house Saturday and Sunday. He had to cancel the trip last weekend because of me, so I am hoping that I feel up to it this weekend. Maybe I will save the last Migraine pill for then. It is so hard for me to plan ahead. It was real hard for me to pull off my trip to Phoenix last month. I did a lot of praying. My anxiety was high a lot BEFORE I went, but when I got to the first airport, everything went smoothly. Looking back, I didn't even have anxiety on any of the planes. I sat by very nice people on all my planes,....maybe they were angels in disguise!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 04-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #39
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Linda- I am using the daily pill keepers to set up my allergy and High blood pressure pills. Otherwise, I would forget. I pray it gets you back on track quickly. Family- you can't live with them and you can't live without them. For me family can be a struggle.

Joanne- getting a refill for my meds has become a cumbersome process. The last time it took 6 weeks. Sure hope you have a better experience.

Sometimes that really is true!

That is crazy! Why did it take so long? We actually have to do our stuff through mail order now. I don't like it at all, but I would pay $25 plus the cost of prescription each time I refilled at the pharmacy. If I need the sleep med again, it will be over $100 a month (but that would last me several months anyway - I don't take it every night).
Old 04-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #40
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda - those people around you were definitely angels! I have a friend who gets horrible migraines. Nothing is helping her and she's tried everything and anything. She's been to specialist after specialist, Mayo clinic, etc., etc. She said the worst thing is she can't plan anything either. She literally has to let it pass and it can take awhile. She had found something that worked for a short while (I can't remember what it was- something very unconventional) and that stopped after only a few weeks.