Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2014, 07:18 AM   #1
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado
Default ***Misfit Monday (11-1-14)***

Happy November!!!!!!!!

October was so much fun, but I'm happy to have all the busyness behind us. Between all the Fall fun, our trip to Albuquerque, Preston's birthday and Halloween, I'm ready to just stay home and do crafts and bake and not have to plan anything!

We had a great day yesterday. Went to the gym, took P swimming, got our free pancake at IHOP, took goodies over to our neighbor, had a Halloween themed dinner and spent several hours trick or treating! We went to a different neighborhood and we scored big with all the candy! I also found $15 laying in the street! There were a few scary houses that Preston was apprehensive about, but overall, he was very brave and had a great time. Of course, as soon as he woke up this morning the first thing he asked for was candy.

Who's in for the Secret Santa? We'll get a list of takers and go from there.
nikki1578 likes this post.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

happy November!

I am doing housework. UGH

Success is about enjoying what you have and where you are, while pursuing achievable goals.
Bo Bennett
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

happy November

we had about 16 trick or treators one of my friends came over and we handed out candy. it was fun talking with her and planning her upcoming wedding another one yes......wow......

hope you all have had a great Saturday so far mine has consisted of cleaning cleaning laundry....yay me....haha.

HUGS TO ALL
Old 11-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

nichole- we had about 120 trick-or-treaters.

Success is about enjoying what you have and where you are, while pursuing achievable goals.
Bo Bennett
Old 11-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #5

Joan that's a lot I cant wait to move into a house so I can have that many I love handing out candy to them but living in a condo we don't get that many.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:55 PM   #6
Gallery Gazer

Happy November the month when we can turn our efforts towards indoor activities. Namely making cards. It seems like forever since I did any. Last Saturday I was way too tired and this Saturday I'm at the wrong house. I really need to get my act together.

The painters have finished, the carpenter is coming back in a week or so and the electrician keeps popping in. There is still brown paper on the floor and no flooring in some areas but I'm seeing progress of order. I'm so glad we spread out when we did as we are now into the rainy period. New Brunswick is expecting SNOW and I'm sure we will see it soon.

Poor Joan that is a lot of children. I had 10 and mostly older. I certainly enjoy seeing the little ones. It was my first time in the new place and I was alone which made me a little nervous.

I'm looking forward to decorating for Christmas but to tell you the truth I gave so much away that I'm not sure what I have anymore. Surprisingly everything is in the basement and at least my nightmare didn't materialize. So after 5 months of stress things are going to calm down. Last week I couldn't find clean clothes but that has improved. Now I come home to the farmhouse to find what messes the animals have created for me. Mac ripped apart 20 rolls of toilet paper that didn't get put away, Silver Bell clean off two shelves and had everything on the floor. Thomas threw whatever was stacked on the dryer on the floor.
I haven't even gone upstairs yet to survey that mess. Very upsetting when you are trying to keep your house tidy. At least the urban cottage remains the same.

Delays in the flooring will let the Reno continue well into November. The whole exercise of purging, spreading out and renoing has not been a wonderful but hopefully in time it will be worth all our efforts. At least my children didn't have to do it and everything has been make safe for our senior years and for Mac (who loves to chase cars).
Old 11-02-2014, 05:59 AM   #7
New Mommy

Still feuding with my neighbor and her son. I got a text from her the other day and I want my friend's opinion on what she told me.

"What concerns me is that Darian’s behavior, although grossly unfavorable and absolutely not ok, are extremely age appropriate. Simply put, kids hit. Darian gets hit/kicked daily at school and its addressed and the kids move on. No big deal… as that is how they learn."

Agree???
Old 11-02-2014, 08:01 AM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennifer- I am not okay with kids that are aggressive. I raised three boys. Yes, they need to learn what behavior is appropriate from caring watchful adults. I think you, DS and DH should chat about the best ways to handle the situation!

Gail- I sure hope things get back to usual soon. Notice I didn't say normal!

I am edgy today. I don't know why?

Bo Bennett
Old 11-02-2014, 08:22 AM   #9
Gallery Gazer

EDGY? Is that being on the cutting edge of decorating or too much caffeine? Ha, ha,ha. Yes I know, last night I had a melt down. Too much for one person with no help. So I'm having a time out today.

In regards to your neighbour. Life has been happier without her and her child in your life. Some people are just toxic and best left alone. Your life is very busy and full.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:23 AM   #10
Gallery Gazer

EDGY? Is that being on the cutting edge of decorating or too much caffeine? Ha, ha,ha. Yes I know, last night I had a melt down. Too much for one person with no help. So I'm having a time out today.

In regards to your neighbour. Life has been happier without her and her child in your life. Some people are just toxic and best left alone. Your life is very busy and full.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:53 AM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

I just feel discombobulated and jittery!

Gail- I love the double post. You got the message across!

Bo Bennett
Old 11-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #12
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennifer - I don't think I agree with her comment 'perfectly age appropriate'. I don't remember that being a problem with my kids and their friends. And my girls were in two different play groups. Her comment reminds me of what I remember hearing growing up: boys will be boys. That comment covered everything from fighting to being aggressive with girls and drinking, etc., etc. A way to brush it off - which I don't think should be the case.

I am stitching up a storm! I found a bunch of tea towels and fingertip towels that I had stashed away. They are my 'quick to stitch' things. I'm glad I can do it again. it is perfect to do while watching TV at night. I can't stamp as easily then.
kgostamper likes this post.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #13
Matboard Maniac

Heart

No trick or treaters.. but Joan, then you!! you never forget! I so appreciate.. Love you design and creativity!!

Not sure about the neighbor Jennifer, they do not have to be friends. Given you are in the same neighborhood.. means nothing. Move on to other friends.
Beyond that do not respond.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #14

Jennifer u know as adults and mothers to our children we do not want to see our children being hit on at all. Hitting at any age is not a good thing. I realize that at age 4 and 5 is when alot of it takes place and even 2 and 3 but by the age 4 and 5 you should be old enough to understand that it's not ok . And you do have words to use unlike some 2 and 3s and 1s. I see it everyday in my classroom and I let my kids know that hitting is not the answer we use our words we do. Not hit. I don't like that she said it's age appropriate at all. We as the parents need to control our children and teach them this kind of behavior is not ok. If someone hits you go tell the teacher parent etc. And if her child is being hit everyday maybe this is the kind of behavior she wants and likes for her child. I know we are not all perfect but we as parents have to teach. I know by all means it's hard with boys I have a classroom full and 2 nephews and 3 step sons that are grown now but boy when they were young it wasn't easy. I feel as she is saying this behavior from her child is ok and is not going to punish him for it. I don't like that. When my kids at school hit they know they are in trouble not only from me but from their parents I am glad to have supporting parents.
jor and smileyj like this post.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #15
New Mommy

Thanks for all of the responses!!

I COMPLETELY disagree with what my friend said. I do not think it's 'age appropriate' and none of Preston's other friends have hit him nor has he ever been hit anywhere else including the gym which is full of kids his own age. I think she's using that as an excuse and it explains why she doesn't think any of this is a big deal. I would be horrified if my child was 'hit/kicked' DAILY at school - I can't believe she thinks this is normal especially the way her child takes it out on Preston for no reason whatsoever. If he would have hit HER because he was mad she was telling him it was time to leave, I would have thought that was more 'age appropriate'.

She said some other things that really upset me and I'm not sure what she meant. I took some time to cool off and I'll respond to her because I need some answers. I hate that this has affected our friendship, but we obviously have different parenting viewpoints. Bottom line is her kid caused all of this and I don't have to put up with it.
nikki1578 and smileyj like this post.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:59 AM   #16
Watercolor Wizard

Good afternoon ladies. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday. Hubby and I went to a Trader Joe's for the first time today. Picked up a few things. Came home and took a nice hot bath and will veg for the rest of today.
nikki1578, caterinafmig and smileyj like this post.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:55 PM   #17

Jennifer you "don't" have to be "friends" with that family. I hate that it had came down to that because of her child being the mean one. its really sad....but wish you guys the best. HUGS

Lynn I like Trader Joes I keep forgetting that we have one here.

Joan thanks so much for the Halloween card you always remember.....I keep forgetting but will def do Christmas

hope you all have a great week ahead hope this week is a smooth one last week was NOT.....but my friend "coworker" is back tomorrow after being off for 2 weeks from her wedding. DH and I will be going to Cades Cove this weekend and seeing a show with some friends next Sunday.

Thanksgiving we will be going to Virginia Beach VA for a week I cant wait

HUGS to all
smileyj likes this post.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #18
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Evening friends. It has stayed windy and cold. But it isn't as bad as New England - I hear they are getting the "S" word! No thanks!

Jennifer - I have a 'friend' that I've known since we were 11 years old. When my girls were maybe 8 and 10 we vacationed together. Her girls were 8 and 5. I was told I was a bad parent and that I was not raising Marie right. I was told she was going to do drugs, alcohol, run away and become a delinquent (basically - she didn't use the delinquent word). It changed our relationship immediately. I would have NEVER said that to someone else. Everyone does have different parenting styles but there comes a point! My goodness. If that child is doing this daily - I'm sorry, that is a big problem. This mom is deluding herself.

Anyway - like the others have said - you don't have to be friends with her, but I know that can hurt, too. But I lost a friend of over 20 years - at least you didn't invest quite that much time.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #19
New Mommy

I've been stewing about this situation all day and I'm finally going to reply to her message.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #20
New Mommy

Well, the nasty-gram has been sent and I'm literally shaking. I hate this situation and I hate confrontation. I actually wasn't nasty, but I did want her to hear my take on all of this. We'll see how she responds.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:11 AM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Oh Jennifer, know exactly how you are feeling. Had a situation with my daughter around 11-12 at the time that was most disturbing. The boy who was a few years older kept bullying her and threw stones at her. Eventually, the police were involved and we had a court date to go before a judge. The family then moved. Sadly, the boy had emotional problems and needed help.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:12 AM   #22
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Strange.... when Jennifer started this thread, I was the first to post and now see that it is not there. Well, duh, the post is on October's thread.... Hmmm, definitely getting old.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:14 AM   #23
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hello friends, got a surprise on when Alexander came to visit with not one friend but four. It was so nice to meet the friends he talks about. Now they have faces and they are such sweet boys.
jkincolorado and smileyj like this post.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:10 AM   #24
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzbysmom View Post
Good afternoon ladies. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday. Hubby and I went to a Trader Joe's for the first time today. Picked up a few things. Came home and took a nice hot bath and will veg for the rest of today.
Love Trader Joe's!
Old 11-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #25
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

What a nice treat Caterina! I know you adore your grandkids!

Bright sunny day here today. I am so torn about what to do: stamp or stitch? And I SHOULD be cleaning.

Jennifer - I don't like confrontation either. However, we need to be strong and do what we need to do or stand up for ourselves. I'm slowly learning that.
smileyj likes this post.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:03 AM   #26
New Mommy

She did not like my message - not surprising. I said some pretty strong things. They were all honest opinions on the situation and I do not regret anything I said.

I still have questions about a comment she made and hopefully she responds so I can get some answers.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #27
Gallery Gazer

I woke this morning to our first SNOW fall. Everything was so fresh like a winter wonderland. My goodness it's NOVEMBER. Where have I been for the last five months?
Well I plan to enjoy this month and savour the days.

Jennifer sometimes it's better to just walk away and say nothing. You are not on the same page in parenting and those differences are not going to change. Preston is such a sweet child and your relationship is very special. Enjoy your days together!!!
smileyj likes this post.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #28
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennifer- You are doing what is right for Preston. That is all that matters in the long run! I think she is the kind of person to avoid at all costs. However, I don't have her as a neighbor. I loathe confrontation!

Gail- The first snow! Will it stay? We are expecting a snow/rain mix on Wednesday! Sure hope things are getting better for you and the houses!

Caterina- The fact that A is willing to bring his friends to your house is a great testament to you and Reynold. I know you had a great time.

Joanne- How is the sewing and counted cross stitch projects going?

Hope everyone had a better Monday that I had!

Bo Bennett
Old 11-04-2014, 05:50 AM   #29
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Election Day!
Be sure to vote!
Attached Thumbnails
vote.jpg  

Last edited by caterinafmig; 11-04-2014 at 06:13 AM..
Old 11-04-2014, 06:16 AM   #30
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joan, thanks so much for your kind comment.

Have Camron & Conrad here today since their school is used as a voting poll. Later, hopefully, will take them to McDonald's for lunch and then do our annual Samaritan Christmas shoebox shopping. Camron and Conrad pick out things that they think a boy their age would like. They also like to enclose a picture with a note always hoping to hear back. Guess we need to include 'postage'.
smileyj likes this post.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #31
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

You are such a great grandparent, Caterina! Love the Christmas shopping with the boys. Instilling fabulous values in those boys!
Old 11-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #32
Stazon Splitcoast

Bad day at work!

Bo Bennett
Old 11-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #33
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
Bad day at work!
Hugs Joan! <3
Old 11-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #34
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

JOAN - am so sorry you had a bad day at work. Hugs.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:51 PM   #35
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks ladies.... I just don't get it!

Bo Bennett
Old 11-05-2014, 06:43 AM   #36
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning ladies! They are predicting rain turning to snow later today. Yuk! but I guess it is going to come sooner or later! We had our new snow blower delivered yesterday so we are ready for whatever comes our way. Our old one lasted for at least a dozen or so years so I guess I can't complain about needing the replacement.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #37
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Lynn - I don't envy you with snow. We had temps near 70 yesterday (after temps in the 40s two days ago). We might get stormy weather this weekend, but I hope not snow.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:16 AM   #38
Matboard Maniac

Heart

Thank You Joan! For the darling Halloween card.. I know / we both know/ that we both struggle. I can't tell you how touched I am by your kindness! Even give all struggles, you are sending cheer to friends. I find that .. heroic. On my dining table.. thru Thanksgiving and beyond.

I have been out of commission for a period of time. Work had drained the soul out of my veins. Every day, every shift.. there are major issues.. and nothing ever seems to click.

Jennifer, I remember mother issues. As I look back, I would do it different. I would for sure have only responded as needed. I would not have taken anything personally at all. In the very end, I was blocking calls on my phone. It was that bad... but you know what? They were good ppl, we were good ppl.. our children were in a process of growing up.. which involves lots of ups and downs. Does not mean one parent is better than another. At all.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #39
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen- thanks for the kind words! I am so sorry that you are struggling at work. It does sap energy. I have been picking something positive to cling to every morning when I wake up. I keep bringing it back to mind all day long! It has helped.

The two new co-workers have each asked me why the boss is so mean to me. It seems strange that she doesn't see the obvious. or maybe she does?

It is a cool day dark today. So far no snow!

Bo Bennett
Old 11-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #40
Gallery Gazer

Thank you so much for the halloween card. You are such a kind and caring lady. I certainly appreciate your friendship!!!!