Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree220Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado
Default ***Misfit Monday (11-1-13)***

New month, new thread!!!

Yesterday was such a busy day. I always feel like I need to do as much as possible on these holidays to make them fun for Preston. It's worth it to make him happy, but it wears me out!

We went to my mama's work to trick or treat, out to lunch with a friend and her kids, met another friend and her son at the Air Force Base for their Halloween celebration (goodies, treats, animals, bounce house), came home and fixed dinner and we went trick or treating with Daddy and Grandma and our neighbors. We got home at 9:30pm. I made treats to send to work with Robert, took treats to my mama's work, made goodie bags for all the kids and special foods for Preston for breakfast and lunch. He really 'got' Halloween this year and had a blast - that's all that matters.
nikki1578 and smileyj like this post.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Sherry = that is a great way to use up your Halloween candy! Awesome idea. You do so much for so many.

Jennifer - you do a lot, too. Glad Preston had a good time.

Julie, Marie and some of their friends handed out candy for us last night so I have no idea how many kids we had. We did not have much candy left over. They probably gave quite a bit to each kid - which is fine. We've had enough in the house anyway. We've gone through some bags of candy in the last few weeks. Not good.

My back feels fine. I decided I'm done with what I'm making. I just have to package up the cards I made yesterday - so not much.

Julie is getting ready to bake - she's going to do a variety of cookies and package them in small boxes or bags. We should be good!
jkincolorado and smileyj like this post.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
New Mommy

Dunkin Donuts gets an A+ from me!

I ordered donut holes (for a project). I went to pick them up and they couldn't find my order. The guy gave me extra holes since I had to wait (which was no big deal) and then they found my order and gave me that box too!! I only needed 14 for my project and now I have 50+! Very nice of them - I love great customer service!

(And a pumpkin latte accidentally came home with me)
smileyj and kgostamper like this post.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

A pumpkin latte would have come home with me, too. They are sooooooo good.

It is WARM here today. We had some storms roll through early this morning. I guess by the end of the weekend, it will be chilly again.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hello from New Jersey.... we sat on the NJ turnpike for over an hour due to an accident. It must have been pretty bad.

Thanks Jennifer for starting the new thread.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

hope you all had a great Friday my day was pretty good, you can tell the kids were hyped up on chocolate.

DH and I may go on a road trip to see some leaves............
smileyj likes this post.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

WAHOO it is Friday evening!
Dh and I went to MC Donald's for dinner. That is a treat. I love their southwest salad with grilled chicken, and no salad dressing. I just didn't feel like cooking.
we had a meeting at work. The boss reminded me that I only have a 15 minute paid break. if I need longer, I have to punch in and out. I guess the 15 includes a bathroom break.
we had 147 pieces of candy... all of it was gone before 7PM. We still had kids knocking at the door after that!

Joan
Old 11-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #8
Mad Swapper

Thank you Joan for the awesome Halloween card! It helped brighten my day. I haven't been posting lately, and probably won't be for a while. October, through the Winter are the worst for my depression, and this Fall is starting out pretty bad. I don't want to say things that come out wrong, so I'd rather not say anything. I'm not sure if I'm seeing the right counselor or doctor. My meds haven't been changed or adjusted in quite a few years. My husband and I got into a big argument yesterday when I mentioned changing psychologists. He thinks he is next to God. Well, he doesn't know the Hell I go through!!!
My alcoholic father died in a 1 car accident in October. Of course he was drunk. He passed out and went off the highway, and into a recently cut cornfield. His car caught on fire, and he died from smoke inhalation. At least he didn't kill anyone!
God Bless all of YOU for being here for me!!! I love all of you. Sometimes I think I am unlovable, and now is one of those times. Take care!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 11-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #9

HUGS for you Linda

hope you all are having a great Saturday, DH and I got up at 630 this morning. we drove up to cades cove to look at the leaves, came back home and now we are just hanging out. he leaves again on MONDAY for a week so he wanted to just hang out this weekend before he leaves again.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #10
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, sweet, dear, Linda - you are very loved. I hope you post even every once in awhile -otherwise, we'll worry about you! I understand the seasonal depression - that is for sure. It was awful last year. I'm sorry your DH isn't being supportive of a change. Will be praying for you.

Went to the bazaar today. I had such fun chatting with people. I got to talk to a lot of people I don't get to visit with and met some 'new friends'! I have a Tastefully Simply order coming and might get some Thirty-one bags for Christmas gifts. I also bought a really cute 2 1/2 foot angel holding a candle that will light. I love it for my foyer! I'll show my cousin when she comes because I'm sure she'll want to trace the pattern and make them for her craft fairs. I think I made about $50, but honestly, it was for the fun and fellowship, not the money!
Old 11-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #11
Matboard Maniac

Wink

Oh Linda, please check in with us. We love you and I also have the SAD problem. It is frustrating isn't it?

I listened to a program about pre-diabetes in America, how common it is. Guess what the doctor suggested as a good way to lose weight and watch the carbs, Nutrisystem. That did work for me at one time....IDK, I'd like to think I can do this on my own. But if I don't see results within a few weeks, I just may have to do that again. Guess I'd need to stay on it forever if I can't figure out how to eat.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalaskowski View Post
Thank you Joan for the awesome Halloween card! It helped brighten my day. I haven't been posting lately, and probably won't be for a while. October, through the Winter are the worst for my depression, and this Fall is starting out pretty bad. I don't want to say things that come out wrong, so I'd rather not say anything. I'm not sure if I'm seeing the right counselor or doctor. My meds haven't been changed or adjusted in quite a few years. My husband and I got into a big argument yesterday when I mentioned changing psychologists. He thinks he is next to God. Well, he doesn't know the Hell I go through!!!
My alcoholic father died in a 1 car accident in October. Of course he was drunk. He passed out and went off the highway, and into a recently cut cornfield. His car caught on fire, and he died from smoke inhalation. At least he didn't kill anyone!
God Bless all of YOU for being here for me!!! I love all of you. Sometimes I think I am unlovable, and now is one of those times. Take care!!!
<3 ((((( Linda ))))) <3
Old 11-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

We are back in Reisterstown and have already unpacked - short trip and so worth going!
Old 11-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #14
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgostamper View Post
Oh Linda, please check in with us. We love you and I also have the SAD problem. It is frustrating isn't it?

I listened to a program about pre-diabetes in America, how common it is. Guess what the doctor suggested as a good way to lose weight and watch the carbs, Nutrisystem. That did work for me at one time....IDK, I'd like to think I can do this on my own. But if I don't see results within a few weeks, I just may have to do that again. Guess I'd need to stay on it forever if I can't figure out how to eat.
Really? That makes me feel good about my choice - now, if I only could stick with it. I'm back to square one.
kgostamper likes this post.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #15
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina - I am very, VERY embarrassed to say - I STILL have things I didn't unpack from our trip to NY two weeks ago. I'm beyond lazy at this point.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #16
Matboard Maniac

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Really? That makes me feel good about my choice - now, if I only could stick with it. I'm back to square one.
Yes. I don't have a choice so I am going back on the plan. I have to get my wt down and get my sugars down. Plus with the holidays coming up, it will help me keep on track.

You were right Jo... apparently this is the best plan. I selected the diabetic plan.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #17
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I think WW is a GREAT plan, too. But I just can't follow it like I should. Of course, I can't seem to follow NS either. I AM planning to get back on track. I think Monday will be a good start date.
kgostamper likes this post.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda- {{{HUGS}}} I am thinking of you! I too am having a very tough fall! Please take care.

Karen- I have tried lots of diets. For me t is more the exercise than the food. I need to do a lot of moving to even think about losing. Be sure you are eating healthy.

Joanne- happy to hear that you had fun!

Caterina- So glad the trip was fun and interesting.

I am tired. I ran around after a 3 yr old. My precious grand daughter. DS has agreed to bring her over at least twice a month for a few hours. Still not over night but it is a great!

Joan
jor likes this post.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:57 AM   #19

happy Sunday hope you all have a great day today
Old 11-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #20

Turkey Breast, Collards, Devil Eggs, Dressing is whats for dinner today
jor and jenguin like this post.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Sunday! Funny thing I always wake up by 7AM at the very latest. I slept until 7AM DST. I got an extra hour of sleep. Seems odd!

Joan
jenguin and nikki1578 like this post.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #22
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Nikki - what time should I be there? LOL

Joan - glad you got an extra hour of sleep. You must have needed it!
nikki1578 likes this post.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #23
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy November! Where did October go?

Linda and Sherry - keeping you in my prayers.

Joan - Thank you so much for the Halloween card! Sure did brighten my day

I need to go back to the October thread and catch up! Miss you all.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless ~ Mother Teresa
Old 11-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #24
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Liz, where has the year gone? They keep flying by faster and faster....
jor likes this post.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #25
Matboard Maniac

Wink

It is a fresh sunny day here. Perfect. Windows are open. I did three errands, which is all I could do. I shopped some sales on essential household things.

I came home in some discomfort but not extremely severe pain. YAY!
I see progress!

Enjoying the day as best I can doing basically boring things... just glad to be off of work for the day.
jor, jenguin and caterinafmig like this post.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #26
Stazon Splitcoast

I just watched Monster University. It puts many parts of Monster Inc in perspective. It is a fun movie.

Joan
Old 11-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #27
Matboard Maniac

Wink

I am itching to start my SS shopping....
Old 11-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #28
Stazon Splitcoast

Me too Karen! I will need to get this done soon. December gets sooo crazy!! And I like shopping for you gals. So much more fun than regular shopping!

I have a million ideas of what to get DBF for Christams! I think I know which way I am going to go but we'll see.

We worked through the issue we were having (my insecurities) and things are going well. The thing I love about him (well, besides a lot of other things) is if we're talking about something he'll say something like, "In the spring maybe we can......" I just appreciate and love the fact that he wants to make plans for the future and sees me as part of that future. I never thought I'd fall in love again. It's great and scary at the same time!
jor, nikki1578, caterinafmig and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #29

I am ready to start my gifts for my SS too was there a wish list? did I miss it? or did we decide not to do one?

dinner was great

Jen that is great that you guys have worked out your problems HUGS

Hedgie HUGS

Hope you all have a great week DH leaves in the morning will be GONE till SATURDAY . I will MISS him like always...........

I did manage to clean my craft room today one of my friends was going to throw away a desk and I took it from her so I managed to rearrange everything now I need to get in there and work on some swaps and Christmas cards
jenguin and kgostamper like this post.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #30
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Liz, where has the year gone? They keep flying by faster and faster....
Truly, I lost track of October 1983. It hasn't been the same since!
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #31
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Had a wonderful luncheon at church. I love catching up with my church friends. I have to find a way to see them more often.

Came home and actually took a nap. The earpiece on my glasses is bothering me. It ends up giving me a headache - which you all know I DON'T need. I so wish I didn't need to wear glasses. I may try contacts again after I see him next (which I think I'm due this month).
jenguin and kgostamper like this post.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #32
Stazon Splitcoast

Liking the luncheon, not the headache.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #33
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I figured as much. It was just so nice to chat.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #34

happy Monday hope you all are having a good day, mine has been good so far............tonight going out to dinner with some coworkers/friends to the cheesecake factory cant wait............YUM......
Old 11-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #35
Stazon Splitcoast

Work was interesting as usual. One of our more mellow girls (though man, she can have an attitude) threw a chair at a girl so she got suspended. And they took my friend's new student out in handcuffs he was so out of control (autism, ADHD, and who knows what else).

It didn't seem to affect me as much as usual. I guess my good weekend vibes are continuing and I am getting used to the totally ridiculous behavior. Sadly, I've had to put up a wall to caring so much. Yes, I still care but I really need to leave it at work and focus on my happiness and my health. I, too, have gained 3 pounds (not the end of the world) but with the holidays approaching I sure don't need those 3 to become 10.

I still need to find a solution to how disgusting my house is. These kids are going to need to do more. I'm exhausted when I get home and just can't keep up with picking up after them.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #36
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Alexander's 15th birthday will be on Veterans Day, usually do patriotic/military cards but thought to try something different.... It started off one way, used lots of masking tape, white/black pigment, pearl ex, smooch and who knows what.
Attached Thumbnails
alexanders-15th-birthday-card.jpg  
jenguin and nikki1578 like this post.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #37
New Mommy

SS Questionnaire :

1. Wish list items:
2. Favorite snack:
3. Favorite drink:
4. Not a fan of:
5. My style is:
6: Favorite stamp company:
7. Name of spouse, children, pets:
8. Favorite colors:
9. Any allergies?
10. Stamped images I would like:
nikki1578, caterinafmig and kgostamper like this post.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #38
New Mommy

I figured we could all fill out the questionnaire and it might be fun to see what everyone posts (as apposed to sending the list only to your SS).

I FINALLY feel like I can breathe again! I've been so wrapped up in P's birthday, Halloween, my jewelry party and a bunch of little things. Now I'm ready to have FUN!!!
nikki1578, caterinafmig and kgostamper like this post.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #39
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thanks bunches, Jennifer....

SS Questionnaire :

1. Wish list items: white cardstock, large monkey stamp, large butterfly punch, spellbinders (only have scallop cirlces)
2. Favorite snack: dark chocolate
3. Favorite drink: coffee
4. Not a fan of: milk chocolate (although in a pinch will eat it
5. My style is: I have a style?
6: Favorite stamp company: Penny Black, Stamping Bella,
7. Name of spouse, children, pets: YAWAG Reynold, daughters Janine & Cinda & son Danny, no pets (except YAWAG husband)
8. Favorite colors: Like most colors, especially bold and earth tones
9. Any allergies? Nope
10. Stamped images I would like: fun ones

I will be happy with anything!
Old 11-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #40

SS Questionnaire :

1. Wish list items: colored ink pads from SU and any card stock from SU or any stamps from SU
2. Favorite snack: sweet and salty chex mix, anything CHOCOLATE,
3. Favorite drink: sweet tea, coffee
4. Not a fan of:
5. My style is: anything usually not a particular style.
6: Favorite stamp company: any company I don't have a really favorite one I usually buy all my stamps at hobby lobby or Michaels
7. Name of spouse, children, pets: Tony
8. Favorite colors: purple is my fav color but like teal and brown combo and pink and brown combo
9. Any allergies? none
10. Stamped images I would like: anything really,

I DO LOVE OWLS so anything with OWLS I would love. I am not picky, I will take anything and will love it