Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado
Default ***Misfit Monday (1-1-13)***

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still calling this 'Misfit Monday' for now. How's that for confusing?!?

We're in full-blown potty training mode today. I found a method that I like that is supposed to take 3 days so we'll see. Brandon and I are like crazy cheerleaders today. Preston probably thinks we're nuts!

So that's how we're spending our New Year's Day - glued to the bathroom!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy 2013!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkincolorado View Post
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still calling this 'Misfit Monday' for now. How's that for confusing?!?

We're in full-blown potty training mode today. I found a method that I like that is supposed to take 3 days so we'll see. Brandon and I are like crazy cheerleaders today. Preston probably thinks we're nuts!

So that's how we're spending our New Year's Day - glued to the bathroom!
Happy New Year Jennifer! I think we should always be 'Misfits', but that's up to you!!!
Good luck on the potty training, I hope it works!!! If this is the one that I think it is, I know several people that have used it, and it worked great!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

happy New year!

Dh talked me into seeing "Skyfall". It was a typical James Bond movie with al the violence and gore. I did enjoy it. The theater was full so we sat n separate rows. Then we went to Applebees. DH hadn't eaten. I love their quesedillas. Wow do they have a lot of calories. I guess I need to renew my resolution for the past 2 years. Maybe, year three. will be the charm.

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’ Audrey Hepburn[

Joan
Old 01-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Send a message via MSN to nikki1578 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1578

Jennifer good luck with the potty training.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #6
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon! I'm working on laundry. So my New Year's day is about as exciting as Jennifer's!

I don't remember what the method was called but it was something like "potty training in a day". A friend had recommended it to me. It really did kind of work. Marie was done in a few days. With Julie I waited until she was almost three before I started training her. I had it in my mind she was going to be difficult. She wasn't - it was about the same amount of time as it had been with Marie. Possibly even easier.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day- no matter what you do!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Jennifer did you have the brie inside of a crust?
Good luck pottie training!

Glad you are feeling better Jo....I am going to have a bowl of soup and take a New Year's nap!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Jennifer, can remember the potty training and how we would applaud to make a big deal of #1 & #2 with my daughter, granddaughter and grandsons.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Reynold and I are visiting dear friends who have an open house every New Year's day. Worked with both Donna (a stamper) & her husband at the law firm 20 years ago and so look forward to seeing them every year. Wasn't sure until this afternoon if I would be able to go.... body was still recuperating from from our family gathering....
Old 01-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

All our decorations and down and put away. The tree is at the curb (they will pick it up and chip it to use it for mulch throughout the township). I left out some snowmen (only a few) so they can smile at me through January.

I have finished almost all the laundry, but I have two more loads that need to dry on drying racks. Until the last stuff is dry I can't do those items. It isnt much so I'm not worried. They can wait until tomorrow with no worries.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello and Happy New Year!

We had a good day. I didn't sleep well - couldn't get to sleep after staying up so late and then was up at 6 am. I did lay in bed for awhile! We hung out this am and then went down to the race.

Jackson did AWESOME! Knocked 1:18 (minute:seconds) off his time in the same race from last year! Drew.....well.....he finished. Quite torturous for both of us! I "ran" with him which meant my time sucked too. LOL Free pizza and Stonyfield yogurt afterwards.

I am having appetizers for dinner tonight. My leftover crab and spanakopita and maybe some cheese. I can't wait to get to bed early!!

Both my boys trained really late. Drew in particular was a nightmare! But once he did it he was done. He wasn't fully trained until 4 1/4...very typical for aspergers kids. He was sooo stubborn! Best of luck Jennifer and Preston!

I love brie in the crust. Even better with some apricots in there or some raspberries. Yum!

I cannot wait to go to bed! 5 am is going to come very early tomorrow! I don't want to go to work! LOL
Old 01-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #12
Mad Swapper

I am so glad that overall, Potty training has changed and lightened up since my kids were little and before. My pediatrician wanted my children weaned from the bottle at 9 months and potty trained by 18 months. If your child was still in diapers past age 2, you were labeled a "Bad mother". My MIL was awful at pressuring and shaming my son. Back then there weren't books to help mothers, and things just got passed down from family. I am so glad that it is so much more civilized now!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 01-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #13
Mad Swapper

I can't believe how bad I still feel! I am having a hard time bouncing back!!! We normally have something special to eat for celebrating New Year's Eve, and New Year Day. I knew I wasn't up to it, but I had some ham that needed fixed or frozen. I decided to make Scalloped Potatoes and Ham. Golly!!! It took me forever, and I am exhausted now!!! My knee hurts from standing and cutting and dicing. I must be getting OLD ! ! !
Don't get the flu!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 01-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #14
New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
Jennifer did you have the brie inside of a crust?
Good luck pottie training!

Glad you are feeling better Jo....I am going to have a bowl of soup and take a New Year's nap!
Yes, the brie was in a crust. I used crescent roll dough this time and it turned out well.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #15
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

A friend of mine bragged that her 15 mo. old daughter was potty-trained. They had a nanny at the time. I don't think my friend did a thing to potty train that kid and I'm not convinced she really was. There are still so many "should haves" with parenting. I think we all need to live and learn. And just because something works great with one kid doesn't mean it will work with another. When we were disciplining Marie we went through every conceiveable thing to get her to understand. With Julie, she just did what we told her suffered the consequence the first time. I realize some of Marie's issues were probably related to her Asperger's or whatever she has (I WISH she would get help). Anywho . . . .

Dinner is done. I had wanted Greek from a local restaurant but they are closed today. Hopefully, I can still get something later in the week. I was really good today and made good food choices saving up for that treat. I did havea yummy dinner with chicken and lots of veggies so it wasn't all bad. But my mouth is watering for moussaka!

Linda - the flu can take awhile to get through you. I remember my doctor telling me to take it easy for quite awhile. I didn't want to hear that and almost ended up really sick again. Hugs!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #16
New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
Hello and Happy New Year!

We had a good day. I didn't sleep well - couldn't get to sleep after staying up so late and then was up at 6 am. I did lay in bed for awhile! We hung out this am and then went down to the race.

Jackson did AWESOME! Knocked 1:18 (minute:seconds) off his time in the same race from last year! Drew.....well.....he finished. Quite torturous for both of us! I "ran" with him which meant my time sucked too. LOL Free pizza and Stonyfield yogurt afterwards.

I am having appetizers for dinner tonight. My leftover crab and spanakopita and maybe some cheese. I can't wait to get to bed early!!

Both my boys trained really late. Drew in particular was a nightmare! But once he did it he was done. He wasn't fully trained until 4 1/4...very typical for aspergers kids. He was sooo stubborn! Best of luck Jennifer and Preston!

I love brie in the crust. Even better with some apricots in there or some raspberries. Yum!

I cannot wait to go to bed! 5 am is going to come very early tomorrow! I don't want to go to work! LOL
I've been feeling very pressured to potty train him - seems like since he turned 2, everybody is asking me when I'm going to do it. I know that's not a good reason to start, but I wanted to wait until he started talking (which has just been recently) and after the holidays so today just happened to work for us. He's done really well - his only 2 accidents were first thing this morning and he's been dry all day and used the potty successfully 7 times! So proud of him!!

I put fig spread on top of the brie before I wrapped it with the dough - it was good!!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #17
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennifer - I'm sorry you are feeling pressured into it. I just realized Marie was at least 2 1/2 before we started training her. Julie and Marie are just a little over 2 years apart. I kept hearing how such a big change, like a new baby!, in the house can cause a relapse and I didn't want to be dealing with that PLUS a newborn. So I waited. And Julie was just about three. If Preston is doing so well, he must be ready himself. And good luck!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #18

its hard potty training, i know at school there are several kids in the 3s that are just want go on the potty so they wear a pull up all day, but then there are about 3 in the 2s that are fully potty trained. i know all children are different and I know sometimes parents either force it or dont force it all. i did have a mother ask me to please help potty train her child i just told her to bring me lots of panties/pants etc and i will help her. i got her potty trained in about 4 days but thats because she was with us 9 to 10 horus a day she was a single mom and I didnt mind helping. but it can be stressful .

my brother trained my nephews OUTSIDE lol good thing they live in the COUNTRY with no one around hahaha.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #19
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
I've been feeling very pressured to potty train him - seems like since he turned 2, everybody is asking me when I'm going to do it. I know that's not a good reason to start, but I wanted to wait until he started talking (which has just been recently) and after the holidays so today just happened to work for us. He's done really well - his only 2 accidents were first thing this morning and he's been dry all day and used the potty successfully 7 times! So proud of him!!

I put fig spread on top of the brie before I wrapped it with the dough - it was good!!

Jennifer, all children are different, especially little boys who usually take longer for the potty and if they are not ready for potty training, there is no sense for any mommy to be pressured. Sounds like Preston is doing well using it seven times successfully. As I tell a lot of young mothers, try to relax and trust that eventually the child WILL give up diapers for the potty before they start college....
Old 01-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #20
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1578 View Post
its hard potty training, i know at school there are several kids in the 3s that are just want go on the potty so they wear a pull up all day, but then there are about 3 in the 2s that are fully potty trained. i know all children are different and I know sometimes parents either force it or dont force it all. i did have a mother ask me to please help potty train her child i just told her to bring me lots of panties/pants etc and i will help her. i got her potty trained in about 4 days but thats because she was with us 9 to 10 horus a day she was a single mom and I didnt mind helping. but it can be stressful .

my brother trained my nephews OUTSIDE lol good thing they live in the COUNTRY with no one around hahaha.
Nichole knew someone who did not put any diapers or panties on their child to train them and within a week, the child was potty trained... not sure I would have tried that method....
Old 01-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

We thoroughly enjoyed going over to our friends for their annual New Year's day open house. Nice talking about working at the law firm we worked at and some fun times. The food was good and was able to eat some of it!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #22

Cat oh no yeah i would want to train that way either. Glad you had a great time at your friends house and that you were able to eat some food.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #23
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina - I know someone who did that, too. If you are HOME, it is one thing. However, unless you are absolutely sure the child is trained you can't go ANYWHERE!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #24
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face

Just got an email from my Dad, he sounded a bit confused. I couldn't tell for sure. I could be over-reacting,but am worried. I did not hear from him for several days, so I already had been concerned.

Last edited by hedgiemama; 01-02-2013 at 06:31 AM..
Old 01-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #25
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Will be praying for you and your dad, Hedgie. He does have friends where he is, right? It might be helpful if you could reach them.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:19 AM   #26
Stazon Splitcoast

I did the naked in the summer potty training. Drew was awful. I had to give up several times. He flat out refused to use the potty and would hold his pee for 8 hours and be screaming in pain. The good news is once he was trained that was it, overnight included. But that's the way he is. Same thing with talking.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:03 AM   #27
Glitter Guru

Good morning, up early getting laundry finished and puttering around the house before work. looking forward to having a full staff in the office again.

I cleaned house yesterday and took a nap, could use another day off to have some fun. the weekend isn't too far off, I think I can make it.

Jennifer, sorry you are feeling pressure to get Preston potty trained. all kids are different and ready in their own time. Some people have to make everything a competition.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #28
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Will be praying for you and your dad, Hedgie. He does have friends where he is, right? It might be helpful if you could reach them.
Thank you Jo. I had been concerned so I possibly read too much into his note. Will just have to stay in tune with him. He has friends, not sure what their phone numbers are. That is a good thing for me to have. TY.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #29
Die Cut Diva

good morning!

I'm still battling this cold, but do feel a little better today!

Jennifer - both my girls were potty trained at 2, I tried with Brendon he just wasn't ready. I was told (don't remember by who) that with boys closer to 3 is easier. so I waited until he turned 3 and in a week he was just about completely potty trained. I think one thing that helped is he hated to be dirty. Please don't let anyone pressure you, he is your son and you what is best for him and what he is ready for!

I did not get Christmas cards out this year, but I have good intentions of getting some "just because" cards out. I bought some new paper at JoAnns, I have a hard time finding unique paper.
Seems like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Joanns all have the same thing. Is there an online place you like to order paper??

I'm off the rest of the week, I hope I get can some mojo going and get some projects made.

Sherry
Old 01-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #30
New Mommy

Hedgie - I hope your dad is ok. Thinking of you both.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #31
New Mommy

Just sent the updated MRAK list out.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #32
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Sherry - last year I remember sending out some New Year's cards. That was the first time I ever made one! I have a few Valentine cards I made last year and never sent out. So I have a start on that - let's hope I send them this year.

Jennifer - I got the MRAK list. So sad to see just how short it has become. BUT we may be a small group, but we're a GOOD group!

Nikki - I feel really stupid because you have probably told me this, but why do I have two different last names for you? Bradley and Ringer.

I am sneezing like crazy again. Don't know what is going on. I've been running a humidifier and everything.

Today I want to STAMP. I've been saying that for a week.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #33
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Thank you for your kind thoughts regarding my Dad and for the list!
It has shortened but a good group we are indeed!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #34
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Thanks Jennifer!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #35
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
Just got an email from my Dad, he sounded a bit confused. I couldn't tell for sure. I could be over-reacting,but am worried. I did not hear from him for several days, so I already had been concerned.

It is difficult, Hedgie... hopefully your Dad was tired. I agree and think it would be a good idea to get a name and phone number you can use.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #36

Joanne will send you a PM

hope you all having a great day today, went back to work but LOTS of the girls called in today so its little crazy there. . I am in my room by myself and my co teacher had to go to the afterschoolers. so its little nuts but its ok its life it happens all the time.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #37
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappincanyon View Post
good morning!
I'm still battling this cold, but do feel a little better today!

I did not get Christmas cards out this year, but I have good intentions of getting some "just because" cards out. I bought some new paper at JoAnns, I have a hard time finding unique paper.
Seems like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Joanns all have the same thing. Is there an online place you like to order paper??

I'm off the rest of the week, I hope I get can some mojo going and get some projects made.

Sherry
Hi Sherry, I'm glad you are feeling better today. I haven't bought paper for quite a while, but there is a scrapbook store that has a good selection close to me. When we travel to MI, to visit our grandchildren, there is a couple of great stores for paper that way. I LOVE to shop for LSS when I travel, and my husband is great at cooperating!!! I used to buy paper on-line at: A Cherry on Top: The Best Online Scrapbooking Supplies Shoppe , I think is the name of it. I haven't looked at it in ages! Of course, it might be low due to end of year inventories.

Enjoy your week off. My husband just called in sick for tomorrow. We can't get rid of this stuff! I'm contemplating going to the doctor. Enough is enough!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #38
New Mommy

I've been coughing a lot the past few days. When I went to bed last night, I was laying on my back and I felt something strange on my stomach. I made Brandon turn the light on and check it out. He thinks I may have an umbilical hernia. Not sure if I should call the dr. or wait it out and see if it goes away.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #39
Mad Swapper

Happy New Year to the Misfits! Joanne sent me a very nice note the other day - thank you! Things are busy, busy here, but I plan to try to be better about posting here. Hoping for all the Misfits to have a wonderful 2013!
As for here, we are extremely cold. Woke up to one bathroom froze up, along with my washing machine. 3 days ago it was both bathrooms, washing machine and even the kitchn sink, which never freezes. Only expecting a high of 20, so starting to wonder if we will thaw out today.
Just a quick note, will check in later.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #40
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I've been coughing a lot the past few days. When I went to bed last night, I was laying on my back and I felt something strange on my stomach. I made Brandon turn the light on and check it out. He thinks I may have an umbilical hernia. Not sure if I should call the dr. or wait it out and see if it goes away.
OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!!!