Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Question Warm Weather!

Oh my goodness it's currently 63 degrees here in Maine today - unheard of weather for March!!! Simply insane!!

So what I want to know is, how do I craft when it's nice out?? I have such a hard time pulling things together if I'm not sitting right at my desk with all my supplies handy. Anyone have some great tips for crafting away from your desk?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Polyshrink Goddess

My space is right in front of the window! I have all the doors and windows open. So, I go out and rake for half an hour and then come in and craft for an hour. That seems about right!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Crimping Master

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
My space is right in front of the window! I have all the doors and windows open. So, I go out and rake for half an hour and then come in and craft for an hour. That seems about right!

I could have written this! I would be outside now except we are in the 3rd day of scattered thunderstorms..so for me today has gone like this..run hang clothes out..run bring clothes in LOL..run and weed..run back in out of the lightning..HA! I have a coffee date with a new neighbor tomorrow morning and am hoping maybe just maybe she is a little crafty or would like to be so I can have the ocassional friend to stamp with once in a while..if not that is ok..I can kinda zone out while coloring LOL

But to answer you Julie..I just make the time to do it..or I don't even bother trying for that day. LOL..probably NOT the solution you were looking for huh? My studio is right in the hub of the house..with two rather large windows so that does help..and feeling the ocssional breeze ( I am in a coastal town so it can get pretty breezy at times)..but knowing that stamping is what I am *chosing* to do at that moment helps..if that makes sense?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:06 AM   #4

You ladies are lucky to have windows near your desk! My space is upstairs at one end of my bedroom (aka, school room, play room, tv room, etc., etc. - lol!) There is a small window nearby but it's not ideal. I like to be out watching my children when they are playing so I need to get better at traveling with some crafty supplies and learning to color away from my desk. Some people I know are great at it!
Old 03-26-2012, 06:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmasse View Post
You ladies are lucky to have windows near your desk! My space is upstairs at one end of my bedroom (aka, school room, play room, tv room, etc., etc. - lol!) There is a small window nearby but it's not ideal. I like to be out watching my children when they are playing so I need to get better at traveling with some crafty supplies and learning to color away from my desk. Some people I know are great at it!
shoot, I have friends that pack a bunch of images with them to color while waiting at the doctors office, the line to pick up kiddos from school etc... SO not me.... I have moved into my room now... EEEEE.... so I have a window smack dab in front of me, and since it's NOT warm here, it's a Faux Summer Day... heater going but can SEE the "sunshine" although sometimes LIQUID... LOL
Old 03-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #6
Matboard Maniac

Julie, I am with you, I prefer to be outside as well. My craft room in in the basement, with only small basement windows and limited natural light. I was thinking on the same lines as you...how can I do some of my crafting outside when everything I need is inside in my basement??? I hope we can get some answers here, thanks for posing the questiion.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
Stamp'n In The Light

I'll stamp some images and take them with me to the doctor's office with a clipb oard to color on and my markers in a "bag" I bought at a rubber stamp convention years ago. That way when I need an image in a pinch, they're colored, just slap it on a card. Otherwise, the bag stays packed with clipboard & images, only the markers get pulled out and put back on my stamp desk. Haven't done it recently with all of my migraines, but I have taken over the couch/coffee table with images/pencils/etc.

My Blog - Stamping In The Light
Sr. Design Team Member Mark's Finest Papers,
Old 03-29-2012, 05:32 AM   #8

Interesting! See, usually if I try to color an image when I'm out then I find when I go to make a card I can't find papers to match? Do you decide what colors to use ahead of time, or just wing it??? Guess I'm not good at the "winging"- lol!

I do have a nice plastic tote that I could put my markers in and take them outside with me. I suppose I could just bring down a few 6x6 pads and decide as I go. I'm going to give it a try next time we have a nice day - we're back to 40's here.

Any others with ideas? I'm loving hearing how you craft!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #9
Pearl-ExPert

Julie, I have a portable OTT light and I set it up on the end table next to the sofa and color at night while watching tv. Generally speaking if I know I have something I need to work on, I will pick out my papers sometime during the day and stamp my images, then wait til that evening to color. No kids here but it makes the hubster happy that I am in there with him.