Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
Member Company

Question Question of the Week: What is your favorite tool/product for organizing?

Have you ever picked up your craft room so much that you forget where you put things? I know I am constantly doing that. I can never find the button or bling I want until days after I've had to make do.

All those bits of paper that you just can't bear to throw out. What do you do with them.

What is your favorite organizer? And how do you keep organized.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
LSN
Glitter Guru

I'm really happy with how I have all my different dies organized. I have a Martha Stewart binder that has page protectors that I use to organize all of my TCP dies (with the exception of the longer border dies which are kept in a magnetic book). For each pocket insert, I cut a magnet sheet down to size and have the die stuck to the magnet inside the pocket. Everything is nice and secure and I can flip through and easily find what I need.

For my other dies, I have a 7gypsies library card drawer in which I have cut chipboard down to 4x6 and have placed magnet (also cut to the same dimension) onto both sides of the chipboard. Each magnet sheet has an index card divider (that I found at Walmart) in between. I can fit dies on either side and flip through this on my desktop. I just need to buy a label maker so I can label the index divider (on both the front and back, depending on which side I'm flipping through) so I can easily figure out the name of the die being used.

Linda

Last edited by LSN; 03-11-2013 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: correct spelling
Old 03-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
Member Company

I love this magnet tip. It's a great way to keep all those small dies from getting lost
Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Oh boy this is a BIG topic!! I think most of would admit that we have waaaaay more stuff than we have room for - lol!! I am constantly having to shuffle, move stuff (which then I don't remember where to) and rearrange!

My favorite organization tip . . . mmmmm, I think whatever makes you happy is best! What I mean is, you can always find things around the house or stores to organize with but I find that I'm happiest when I find little vintage containers to repurpose because I love stuff like that! Making my space reflect ME makes me happiest.

For example, my Copic markers are all housed in 2 (I need to find a 3rd now - eek!) fabulous wooden boxes - they are square, I think one used to be part of a canister set, and work perfectly layed down on their sides with the marker tops pointing out toward my workspace.

I also have a great little white wire picnic organizer (picked up at a thrift store), that has lots of "compartments". My stamps are mostly housed, by company, in different baskets and vintage boxes.

I have pretty little colored Glassbake mugs that I use to store bling, pearls and small acrylic blocks and a few vintage wooden office trays to store other items. You can find lots of things like this at thrift stores, antique stores and one of my favs- Goodwill! All my Divine Twine is on wooden dowels which have been hotglued into the base of little glass/crystal candlestick holders - each about $1 at Goodwill! With all of them being different styles and heights, it makes it so pretty!

Seeing all my pretties housed in pretties makes me happy! Use what works for you but use things made in a style you love!!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
Splitcoast Team Member

We're in the final stages of a renovation to my office and kitchen this week, so my entire stamp room/home office is sitting in my dining room floor. It's not pretty here, ladies. I see a giant purge coming up this weekend as they finish my floors, and I start moving back into my space.

Huge question... organization, so I'll list a few things that have been particularly helpful to me.

1) Patterned paper - I'm almost exclusively using 6x6 paper pads now, so if I use part of a piece, I try to slip the remainder back in the pad that it came from so I can keep up with what it was.

2) Colored cardstock - I keep a little stack of colored cardstock scraps at my work space, and I periodically cut them all down to 1/4 sheet size. After that I stack them in a little basket where they are sorted ROYGBIV. I always check that bin before cutting a full sheet of cardstock.

3) My Copics are in Color Cubbies, as are my most frequently used ink pads.

4) Stamps and dies are sorted by brand. I don't like my brands co-mingling. I have them in a few different types of containers. My TCP and a few of my other brands are in their own CD storage boxes. My dies are stored on magnetic sheets in binder boxes.

5) Buttons are in flat tackle boxes and sorted by color.

6) Bling is the bane of my stamping existence. Open to suggestions on that.

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Old 03-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I love your tip for cardstock! I tend to keep mine all in their packages but then the plastic rips and there's just a mess! I like the idea of keeping it in rainbow order - great tip Lori!!