Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #121
Pearl-ExPert

Okay - here are my responses!!
Cardmaking Likes:
1. Masculine2. Flowers3. Naturals - colours and elements (feathers, hemp, etc)
Cardmaking Dislikes:

Birthdate: Dec 14
What is your favorite color? browns and greens
Favorite holiday? st. patty's day LOL
Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try? Mint Motif and Lawn Fawn
Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat? I am a choco-holic
Hobbies? card making, and making mini albums
Any special info your Sis should know? I really don't need anything LOL!! So, just have fun
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #122
Glitter Guru

Jo, yes the storms started much earlier this year. Ours started end of March and still coming. A town about 20 mi. from us got hit by a tornado last night and they said someone lost a roof north of town. We are safe. So far no flooding here but it is happening in Tulsa and Coffeyville, KS which is 40mi. NE of us.

Tanja, Kathy, Imke and anyone else I may have missed, thanks for good thought for our youngest DD. So far she is safe.

The price of education is just going out of site. Good luck to all of you. I am hoping some of the Grandkids will get to go. Lindsey went without much help from her family all of it on scholarships and her working. Megan went on a few loans and lots of scholarships and help from her Dad. It is tough but they can do it if they want the education bad enough. Neither of the girls had a lot of financial help or a savings. Lindsey got help because she was the first in her family to go to college, her Mom and Dad did not go, went to work right out of highschool. That gave her some pretty good financial help and they both got help from the Osage Indians. They got $3,500.00 a semester from them and that helped them with car insurance and their books.

I hope things work out Kathy and you get to go to the Cape. In the 80's I went and visited or vacationed there and it really is beautiful.

Joanna, if you are driving your friends Mom's car out to her, how are you all getting back? It sound like fun to me to be going with friends.

I had my trip for the year so will be here at home this year. No more trips for awhile unless I win the lottery...gotta remember to play first.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #123
Glitter Guru

Hi Donelda. We were typing at the same time. Good to see you!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Unread 05-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #124
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey all! I am catching up on all the posts....

Linda, I hope your daughter remains safe...very scary.

Kathleen, I cleaned out my PM box!

Thank you for the nice comments about Davis...I was thinking he needs a haircut! LOL I snapped a photo of him tonight before his band concert; he was all excited because DH took him to get new clothes...khakis and a shirt. He had a long speaking part before one of the songs; he was very proud of that.

Imke, I think the puppy will be named Paisley. Today I suggested Peta (after the dancer on Dancing with the Stars) to Davis but he wasn't very impressed. It will be hard to pick one when the time comes...just 2 1/2 weeks! A friend from work has offered to let me use her small kennel until the puppy gets bigger; she has also been giving me a lot of tips. Her lab is 11!

Thanks for your input, Jessica. I would have never thought of that, so we appreciate it.

Time for bed. I had an all day meeting, then a class. I came home and had something to eat, then went to the kids concert, and out for ice cream. I must be getting old because I am worn out!

Have a good night everybody!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Doodle Pantry, From the Heart Stamps, Sketch Saturday, Ruby's Rainbow
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #125
Stazon Splitcoast

QueenieJo---Not even "Ivy League" schools...Purdue was $40K a year...Harvard is $120K a year I think...State schools (as long as you stay IN your state) are the cheapest! Of course some state schools are impossible and highly competitive...and you cannot use a relatives address to go to their state school!

It's the lil' things; books, food plans, private/shared dorms...of course they are not lil' but this stuff is EXTRA! We saved over $500 on Shane's books because he 'rented' them on line and in hard copy--you get a cost break and return them at the end of the year undamaged! For instance; on the kitchen counter is a Merriam Webster Dictionary rented book notification--if he doesn't return it by X date...we will be charged the retail price of $20! Of course we have dictionaries at home and he has one built into his computer--but he needed one in a flash and this was the cheapest way to go! He's returning the book when he goes back to take his final. College is so-so different then when we used to go...Seriously...Shane had to take an on line course because it didn't fit into his schedule (dual days/times)...how sweet is that? I remember buying a huge huge pile of hardcover books and lugging them around campus---AAACK! Back!

A huge idea that is getting hot is to take your 'requirement classes' at your local community college--then transfer to the college of your dreams your Junior year--tuition cut in half! Plus, you are way ahead of the ball game in school and less student loans! This works especially well if your child KNOWS what they want to be when they grow up--even still...get rid of the requirements first! Plus, by the time you get to college you are all that more prepared and 1/2 done! All our local community colleges are packed and their prices are even going UP to accommodate this new college trend.

Kathy--thanks to whomever that pre-existing health issues are covered and our situation is a lil' different...the doctor does NOT bill insurance companies and the insurance company will NOT reimburse us! Stupid isn't it?...It's a huge out of pocket amount every month...

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:43 AM   #126
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning!!! Almost half way through the work week!!
Linda glad you and yours are safe...we've had some thunderstorms but nothing damaging yet.
Kathy I know you'll have a wonderful family vacation!!
Unread 05-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #127
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Hey Susanne! If you are sending one of your offspring to PU, let me know when you come to visit and we can make arrangements to meet maybe! PU is just down the road about 40 miles from my house! (I've only read the few posts on this page, so not really sure what the college talk has been about!) That's just a good reason to send one of yours to Purdue...so you and I can meet and have lunch!! LOL
Unread 05-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #128

Oh, and I'll even buy our lunch! LOL
Unread 05-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #129
Glitter Guru

Lunch at Vickie's? I'm in!!

We started our morning off with a little drama. My oldest was dressed and ready to go when I went in to wake him. I was so pleased (because he is soooo the dawdler in the morning) that I let him watch a few minutes of morning cartoons (something we NEVER do) while the rest of us got ready. Of course the youngest started with a hissy fit immediately making me sorry that I had even turned on the TV. "Caleb gets ALL the good stuff; you love him more than me" and on (and on) it went ...

I hate when our mornings start with such drama. No wonder God didn't give me a girl. I don't think we could handle any more princesses.
Unread 05-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #130
Glitter Guru

Awesome! I can start shopping!
Unread 05-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #131
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post

I hate when our mornings start with such drama. No wonder God didn't give me a girl. I don't think we could handle any more princesses.
Unread 05-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #132
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

This made me laugh...and a little fearful.
Unread 05-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #133
Stampin' Fool

JCI

I was down in bed all day yesterday with a migraine, YUK

Nickie was sick on Monday and most of yesterday, so I took care of baby J. No big deal there, but I have a ton of laundry to do know.

Gotta go! Later

I had to paint some in the bathroom, touch up really, DH installed our new toilet so I had to paint behind it.
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #134
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to SizzixQueen

JCI
Unread 05-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #135
Gabfest Goddess

Denise, sorry to hear that. I am very lucky to not get many headaches and no migraines. From what I hear others say about them, this is a good thing.

Angela, I like the new dog name. Well, potential name.
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #136
Die Cut Diva

Angela I like Paisley too!
Unread 05-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #137
Stazon Splitcoast

Farmer Sharon and I took a ride to an antiques shop today--she bought one of those ornate standing clocks (it worked and it matches her decor)...I never knew she was into antiques...I thought she just bought older furniture for a good price!!! Anyway, on our way back home she wanted to stop off at the animal rescue place and she was like a kid...(said her DH never lets her go because she brings home more animals!!!) Cute...

But today, I fell in love with a big (large) Yellow Lab "Maximus" 4 years old and looked just like my old Kippy (only taller)...he was busy playing and looked very very healthy--like muscles in his chest from running...seemed to have a good spirit--but there is no way Muddy would go for this--ever since his leg accident he doesn't like other dogs around him...too bad...Plus, maybe Jess can answer this...if you bring in another dog into the house--doesn't it have to be the opposite sex and /or smaller than your present dog? Pecking order type of thing? Is that a wives tail? Anyway, I am praying Max finds a good home soon...such a great dog!

Room Question: Favorite Summer fragrances? and Favorite Flowers this time of year?

Have a good night all--I rented "We Bought a Zoo" and working on cards here!

Unread 05-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #138
Glitter Guru

Oooh wow Susanne. Going to a dog shelter is NOT a good idea for me. It's like me going into a paper store or fabric store and saying that I'm "just looking". Fat chance. I have no self control AT ALL!
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #139
Stampin' Fool

Susanne's Room Question: Favorite Summer fragrances? and Favorite Flowers this time of year?

Not into fragrances at all, due to my migraines! I do love flowers though, all kinds. Not sure I have a favorite, but I did just plant some dahlias last week. They are beautiful, yellow and pink ones!
Unread 05-03-2012, 02:36 AM   #140
Watercolor Wizard

Angela- Paisley is a sweet name for the dog. Davis has a great taste (?)

Denise- I hope you are feeling better today. Before, I had a lot of migraines and can understand it. Since I do not smoke anymore, it's gone.

Joanna- I really like your "morning stories". For you it is certainly not so funny - but in any case for me

Susanne- My favorite flowers in summer are SUNFLOWERS.

Have a great day !!!
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:47 AM   #141
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning everyone!

Susanne and Joanna, I used to love to visit the Humane Society but I would usually just look at the cats. Over the years I have brought home 2 of them; very interesting because they were very devoted, loving animals. It's like they knew you rescued them and were grateful. Would love for myself and the kids to volunteer there, but it's such a long drive.

Denise, I agree that migraines are "yuck"! Have had headaches for over 30 years.

Susanne's Room Question: Favorite Summer fragrances? and Favorite Flowers this time of year?
I love Coach Poppy...it is yummy! Ivy and I also share some lotion and spray that are vanilla/lemon scented and vanilla/apricot scented...nice and light. Note I said we "share" them...that means I have to go into her room to find them! LOL
Right now I enjoy the lilacs, but my favorite flower of all time is gardenias... I had some in my wedding bouquet.

I need to get the kids off to school and then myself off to my P.T. appt. My neck has been worse for the past week or so. I hope she can work magic with her "soft tissue massage".

I design for: Bugaboo, Doodle Pantry, From the Heart Stamps, Sketch Saturday, Ruby's Rainbow
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #142
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Oooh wow Susanne. Going to a dog shelter is NOT a good idea for me. It's like me going into a paper store or fabric store and saying that I'm "just looking". Fat chance. I have no self control AT ALL!
Same here with the animal shelter. I would LOVE to have a dog - I was raised with dogs to it seems so naturally for me to have one. But with DH working fulltime and me working part time I don't know how to do it. Maybe when the kids are a little older ... I planned on going to the shelter and walk the dogs there with them just to get used to dogs. But I'm afraid that I end up falling n love with one .... *sigh*
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:55 AM   #143
Die Cut Diva

Oh, and for the room question: favorite flowers are jasmine and lilacs.I like their fragrances too plus all lemon-y
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #144
Watercolor Wizard

Good Morning!

thought i'd check in before heading up to bed...

i have been spending much of my free time studying for my NRP testing (Neonatal Resuscitation)...it's kind of like CPR, except for newborns. We have to recertify every two years; then on the opposite years we recertify in Adult/Pediatric CPR. The NPR test is in two parts...one part is a written exam, grueling, 2 hours, very detailed. the other is a skills demonstration where we have to show that we can start IVs, intubate a baby (manikin), calculate medications, and do a mock code. It's stuff that we do every day, almost without thinking about it, but when you have to test under the watchful eye of an instructor, and verbalize the reason for every little thing you do, it's almost more stressful than resuscitating a real baby!

glad to hear everyone is safe from storms so far...Linda, will keep praying that your daughter and her family stay safe. And will keep Glenn in prayer, too, that he will get some pain relief soon!

lunch at Vickie's? i'm in!! (actually, you probably are within a day's driving distance from me...but i'd have to make it an overnighter...no sense in all that driving in one day! and of course, we'd have to visit your LSS while visiting! )

Angela, I like the name Paisley, also, it's a cute name for a girl puppy. But I think I like Peta better, especially since it's named after a Dancing with the Stars dancer. I love that show! And you can nickname her "Petey"! Those puppy pictures are so cute, bet you can't wait to have that little ball of fur cuddled in your arms! I am like you with shelter animals, we rescued our Peeka, the calico, and she is the sweetest little thing ever! BTW, sorry to hear your neck is bothering you...hope PT gives you some relief!

Jo, love your avatar! So, was that your older "little" guy in the photo with the eyeglasses? I think he looks like you! Both boys are adorable! Hard to believe that they get into any mischief. I am like you, I can't even go into an animal shelter. I want to take every one of them home with me!

Imke, I am amazed that your migraines disappeared when you stopped smoking. Mine got worse after I stopped (and I gained pounds when I quit smoking, too). Hmmmm, maybe i should not have given that nasty habit up?? Nooooo! I know it was a good thing for my health.

Seems like quite a few of us suffer from migraines...not a fun thing to have!

Speaking of the nasty headaches, Denise, I hope yours is GONE!!

Sus, what did you think of "We Bought a Zoo"? Most people I know who saw it seemed to like it. I have trouble sitting still long enough to watch a movie.

Hello to all you other lovely ladies that I may have missed! Need to get caught up on my zzzzzzzzzz's now. Wishing all a great day!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #145
Watercolor Wizard

Oh yeah, the room questions! I don't do fragrance, other than my usual soaps and shampoo . I've gotten used to not being able to wear fragrance to work. As for flowers, my very favorite is carnations...they smell nice and last a long time!

ok, good night....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Unread 05-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #146
Glitter Guru

To answer the room question, my favorite scents are baking smells: vanilla, or lemon or spice. I don't typically wear perfume. I had to stop the two years we were doing in-vitro and I just never started back up again. I DO love scented lotions tho.

Angela: I like Paisley. Peta reminds me too much of Peeta (from the Hunger Games)

Tanja: Yep, I'd have a dog in the car before the ink could dry on the paperwork!

Patti: The dude with the glasses is my YOUNGEST! Doesn't he look all grown up with his glasses? Kinda makes me sad And yes, he is a clone of me, I think it frustrates my DH sometimes.
Unread 05-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #147
Stazon Splitcoast

Did I ever tell you the story of DH and my trip to the animal shelter when we first were married and moved here? To make a long story short...

There was this adorable Golden Retriever puppy in the shelter. Omgosh, I fell in love instantly. When we went to talk to one of the counselors who worked there--she asked if we both worked F/T...when we answered "Yes"...She said I could NOT have a dog! This just shocked me so much--we left and I started to cry! Tom didn't know I was crying (hiding my face) and I hop into our car and yelled; "America works f/t and has dogs--Blah blah...all jibberish and crying! Tom started to laugh--You are crying? Ah..we'll get you a dog--we don't need that dog!!! (It was like he was trying to console a 4 year old!) I was soooooo mad!

Kippy was my 1st wedded year Christmas surprise! The rest is history!

But, I gotta tell ya...I so want to go back and visit Maximus today--I gotta thing for him!!! hahaha But, I cannot disturb the apple cart here with Muddy...oh well>..

PS. I usually cry or clean with a vengence--> or both...if I ever get mad/frustrated (usually at home only) hahahaha.. I don't do this in public!!! hahahaha

Unread 05-03-2012, 07:09 AM   #148
Stazon Splitcoast

Except when some MEAN counselor at an animal shelter won't let me have a dog!!! hahaha

Unread 05-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #149
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, a girl that worked on my floor applied to adopt a dog at the shelter and was turned down. She found out at work and I just happened to be in the conference room and witnessed her er...breakdown...shall we say. Oh my gosh, she was so nasty! She called the shelter in a rage and gave them a piece of her mind. Then she was ranting and calling the lady filthy, vile names. I had always thought she was a little dramatic and off, but after witnessing that...oh my word, she is definitely unbalanced. I think I've only witnessed that kind of behavior twice in a public setting...the first time it was my wacky neighbor. Scary!

Heather, girls are indeed interesting.... The other day I was driving Ivy home from track and the sunlight was highlighting the blond hair on her legs. I said, "Maybe you should shave your legs." Her reply was, "Boys can have hairy legs, so why can't I?" Well, alrighty then! Hairy legs it is! Funny thing, she has been shaving her legs for a few years, but obviously didn't like my gentle reminder. LOL

Patti, do you have the computerized mannequins? We have those now and they are really hard. Too fast, too slow, just right...etc. The infant stuff you do sounds hard...glad I don't have to do that.

Unread 05-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #150
Stazon Splitcoast

My favorite summer flower is lavender which also happens to be my favorite fragrance. I am too sensitive for perfumes, but love, love natural lavender. Rosemary is a close second -- I keep both plants around just so I can 'pet' them and release the scent!
Unread 05-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #151
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne -- as far as bringing in a second dog, it doesn't have to be one of the opposite sex. You just have to be sure both don't expect to be alpha dogs. Our new dog is a 80# lab, but he lets the 35# cocker boss him around. Most Labs are fairly laid back in the dominance game once they are neutered.

All decent shelters will let you bring in your dog for a sniff-n-greet session. Ours even let us bring Bolt home for a few days!
Unread 05-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #152
Gabfest Goddess

Room Question: Favorite Summer fragrances? and Favorite Flowers this time of year? Lilacs!! They're not quite out here in the neighborhood, but I'm going to enjoy taking Claire for walks when they are.

We'd love a dog, but the cats fit our lifestyle right now. And now with a young baby, I don't have time for a dog. I imagine when she's older we'll get a family dog. DH has had soft-coated wheaton terrier's growing up and we both love boxers and boston terriers too.

Patti, did you see the story last week about baby Avery, the little girl with SMA. Your resuscitation story reminded me of her story.

Joanna, I like the new avatar....I'm still waiting for the pic of Susanne's new haircut!!

Angela, I like Ivy's attitude! On one hand, shaving is good. On the other hand, she can do anything any boy can do!! (Just telll her that I'd recommend staying away from the moustaches).
Unread 05-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #153
Stampin' Fool

I love the smell of most flowers just can't handle them. I have had migraines for years, both my DD's have them and my DS too. Austin my DGS who is 11 also has them. So far he is the only grandchild that has them.

We are on our way into town, had to be home all day waiting to have our cable and internet hooked back up. I had gone with AT&T for internet and we were just using our antenna for tv. We decided we wanted cable back. So, now have it in all 3 rooms!!!!
DH says he never gets to watch anything he wants in the livingroom with our big flat screen so didn't want the DVR in there, he was out voted!!! LOL

Later ladies!
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #154

Hello everyone!

JCI to say hi and hope everyone has a good evening!

In answer to Susanne's room question....yep, I'm another one who has migraines so I don't do fragrances; I've had some teachers and staff come into my office that I've had to ask to leave because their fragrances make my throat start to close, then I can't breath, and I start to lose my voice, then bam! headache! OMGosh, the worse was the person whose mother passed away and this person found a bottle of white shoulders perfume (cologn or whatever it would be called) that had to be at least 40 years old...and she wore it to work...instant headache and sick to my stomach! Okay, enough fragrance talk on my part! LOL I know, TMI (too much info!)

I do have a favorite flower though! my fave flowers are daisies!

Yay! Lunch at my house! I love to plan and fix party food!

Patti, I'm going to visit my DD in Canton sometime this summer, whenever summer session classes break is scheduled...maybe we'll be able to meet and have lunch, dinner, breakfast, whatever works...and find a LSS to "browse"

So, talkin' about a meet-up...in Tracie's neck of the woods in October (I think) there will be the CKC convention in Kansas City...I am planning to go...maybe a few others can fly in, drive in, choo-choo in, and we'll have a big ole partay!

I need to create a few more scrapbook pages tonight for DGD graduation gift...I've created about 45 pages so far and have lots more to do...this is going to take at least two 12x12 books! And, I HAVE to have it completed by May 20. YIKES! I know I've got some late, late nights ahead of me!
Unread 05-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #155
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Boy do I have a lot of catching up to do. Life has been busy here. I went on a shopping weekend last weekend and just trying to get caught up. Work is crazy. Sure wish I was counting down like Vickie. I have lost my mojo and really need to find it because I have projects all over my craft room.

In answer to Susanne's question. How could I pick a favorite flower? I love them all lilacs, roses, sunflowers, Morning Glories, I could go on forever. Also not much of a fragrance person. Perfumes give me headaches but I do like natural scents like lavendar and eucalypsis (I know I didn't spell that right).

I am so glad to be off work tomorrow. Hope to get something done. Would be great if I could box up my first kit to go to my SS.

Angela - I love the name Paisley but then I like Brad Paisley so of course I would like that name. LOL!

Vickie - I sure hope everything works out in October. It will be here before you know it.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas
Unread 05-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #156
Die Cut Diva

Gosh favorite flowers...I guess like Tracie I love them all. Violets have always been my favorite but no scent. My mom had a lilac bush that turned into a tree. Every spring the branches were loaded with blooms and when mom opened her bedroom window the entire house would smell like lilacs. Loved them but they were a bit strong when you had a lot of them!! I like the smell of honeysuckle or jasmine but don't wear much perfume either.
Unread 05-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #157
Watercolor Wizard

Patti- Yes, my headaches are really gone. I used to have weekly headaches and migraines. After not smoking, I've gained weight too. Thanks to Weight Watchers, I had it removed in a year. Since then, I hold my weight....more or less.....

Susanne- I forgot my summer flagrance. I like fresh fragrance like apple, lemon, poppy and lilacs. These are just starting to bloom here.

Vickie- If I could, I would immediately get on the plane. I would love to meet you all. Unfortunately it's not but I still wish you a lot of fun !!! How many days you'll have to work until retirement ? It may not be long now, right?

Have a great Friday !!
Unread 05-04-2012, 04:51 AM   #158
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Hey Susanne! If you are sending one of your offspring to PU, let me know when you come to visit and we can make arrangements to meet maybe! PU is just down the road about 40 miles from my house! (I've only read the few posts on this page, so not really sure what the college talk has been about!) That's just a good reason to send one of yours to Purdue...so you and I can meet and have lunch!! LOL
Haha..I wish Vickie! No, we were just talking shop (how outrageous the costs are about college tuition's)-my nephew graduated from PU...I have been there a couple of times (when I grew up in Palos Heights, IL)...My SIL graduated from there as well...I went there for 'lil' sister' weekends with her--she was a sorority girl!

Unread 05-04-2012, 04:56 AM   #159
Stazon Splitcoast

I forgot to answer my own question!!! hahah

Favorite flower: Daisy
Fragrance: I only wear "Anias Anias" (very light airy floral scent) because I too get wicked headaches from heavy cologne/perfume. I love the smell of fresh Lilac-Lavender (we have a bush right next to our garage wall)--not crazy about any citrus smells but if I had to pick one..it would be LIME! Of course I love Margarita's...that has citrus in em!!! hahahahahahaha Gosh, I cannot remember my last Margarita-I should put that on my bucket list for this summer huh?

Unread 05-04-2012, 06:34 AM   #160
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hey ladies,
LOL Angela, that is too funny about Ivy, got to agree with her! Girls are dramatic! This morning Lilah is sporting make up (powder, blush and lip gloss), it was the ONLY way I could get her to let me wash her face without pinning her down. Can't have makeup on a dirty face. She's going to be trouble! It is very light, no one at the bus stop noticed it, lol. After she got her "face on" she yelled TA-DA and was spinning in circles. Toddlers and Tiara here we come, just kidding!

Joanna, your little guy does look like you. Does your older one look like your dh? They are both too cute!

I get headaches sometimes, too. More recently though, I think my pregnancies triggered them?? Don't know for sure. And I'm such a nut that every time I have one I fear I'm dying, because my mom died very suddenly from a cerebral aneurism. The migraines are awful, you don't feel right for days after.

Denise hope you are on the mend. Your DDS are so lucky to have you near by.

Linda is Glenn OK? I saw your post on Facebook that you were at the hospital with him.

I'm probably the only one who would go to an animal shelter and not take one home. LOL, I like dogs and cats, but never feel like I'd want one. I've had cats in the past and enjoyed them, but not a real animal person. I think the kiddos would love a dog, but don't think I'd like the work involved at this point.

Lunch with Vickie, lets all go! Susanne, you can have your margarita!

As for flowers, I love them all too. Especially roses, pansies, violets, hydrangea, hibiscus, lavender, daffodils...... So pretty, wish I had a greener thumb! My mom used to have an incredible rose garden.

Fragrances, I don't wear perfume often, gives me a headache, too. Susanne, I used to wear Anais Anais all through HS and college, love that scent, so light and pretty. I also find that Estee Lauder perfumes don't bother me, so I wear them sometimes. I also wear the Philosophy lines of Pure Grace and Falling in Love, it's a whole regimen, lol, body wash, lotion and light body spray. Very light scents.

Heather, I saw that story about baby Avery on f/b last week. Really sweet little baby. Her parents seem to have such a great attitude, too.

Angela, hope the therapy helps your neck, sorry it's still bothering you.

Patti, good luck on your recertifications. The testing is so stressful, especially the mannequins, don't know why, but when someone is watching/testing you it is so hard, even though it is stuff you do every day. I'm sure you will do well!

Anyone use the Shabby blog backgrounds? I was getting a malware alert about them this morning, that their site had malware content. I took my background off, didn't want to take a chance. I know a lot of people use them, so it will probably be fixed quickly.

Hope everyone has a great Friday! Hoping to get a card done today. I was busy making tags for two candy buffet tables for this weekend. My friend owns a candy store and does candy tables for weddings, birthdays, communions, etc.
Closed Thread