Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Unread 06-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
Watercolor Wizard

Default CLOSED~~~~ DO A GOOD DEED #2 ~ baby tags/blankets~Due Feb. 14th, 2012

Baby Love - good deed tag (& maybe a blanket) swap due Feb. 14th, 2012. This swap is for tags. If you wish to send a blanket or two, or more even to donate to the program that's great, but you do not have to.

Special Delivery Baby Baskets is an amazing program. They give a basket of goodies to new Mommys for their little one. My daughter received a basket when my granddaughter Kaylee was born and it was wonderful. She had a small fleece blanket that was sewn around the edges a few inches in and then clipped into fringes the whole way around. It looks similar to a knotted fleece blanket with no knots. I’m hosting this swap for baby gift tags for them to put on their baskets. This will be a 3+1 with the +1 going to their program. They are in need of Handmade baby blankets for in their baskets, and I really hope that you will join me in supporting this program. They have no size requirements except that they be suitable for a baby (boy, girl, or neutral accepted). There is also no requirement for the type of blanket. They will be glad to receive crocheted, knitted, fleece, cotton, etc. I am going to drop them off from “some wonderful multitalented scrappers”.

This is a 3+1 swap. So you make 4 baby tags, and you'll get back 3 tags. The extra tag will be donated to Special Delivery Baby Baskets.

Due Date (must be to me by): February 14, 2012.

Send to: Barb Rapp, 16030 Rte 208, Marble, PA 16334
Baby Love Swap

Please join me in the fun of creating and doing a good deed all in one! Extras are welcome if you would like to send more as well, or I encourage you to search for local groups collecting and using them in your area too!

The standard mailing rules apply: Send items in a waterproof bag. Be sure to include your SCS ID. Send a self-addressed label and enough postage to get them back to you. No prepaid/metered postage stickers, only stamps or cash please. I will reuse packaging if possible. If you wish to donate all tags you do not need to send a return postage envelope.

Hope to have you join!!

1.dropped
2.StampinGoodDeeds - Susan - donate all
3.LibbyWaterman - donate all
4.LibbyWaterman - donate all

5.drop per mods
6.BethKinder - donate all
7.klb1082 - Kari - donate all
8.galet1 - Toni - donate all
9.dropped
10.Spatton09 - Sherri - donate all
11.gingersnap6 - Bethany - donate all
12. nhagen - Nancy - donate all
13.doorknocker3 - Dorlene - donate all
14.mybugandi45 - Lori - donate all
15.sheila_827 - donate all - postal
16.mamaws29 - donate all
17.tinawallace - donate all
18.terrie.mcnulty - donate all

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm

Last edited by ducki; 02-26-2012 at 02:36 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 06-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
Hardware Hotshot

Ok ducki, since we have plenty of time and I really need to learn to use my sewing machine I will go all in for one spot. and I'll have you know I really don't like tags. so donate all of mine. if you find any links to patterns for baby blankets, would you please post. Please and thank you.....I'm just now, thanks to you and susan, venturing into to world of fabric. I made a quilt in 6th grade and tinkered around on my grandmother sewing machine, but doing one as a gift. well that's all new. Glad you put the due date so far off!! good deed number 2-check....
Unread 06-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtofindtime View Post
Ok ducki, since we have plenty of time and I really need to learn to use my sewing machine I will go all in for one spot. and I'll have you know I really don't like tags. so donate all of mine. if you find any links to patterns for baby blankets, would you please post. Please and thank you.....I'm just now, thanks to you and susan, venturing into to world of fabric. I made a quilt in 6th grade and tinkered around on my grandmother sewing machine, but doing one as a gift. well that's all new. Glad you put the due date so far off!! good deed number 2-check....
Thanks for joining! They will take any baby blankets at all that are handmade. You can even buy a baby quilt panel and put a back on it and knot it. If you knot a quilt please use full strand of embroidery floss. Yarn sometimes comes untied, but I've never known the floss to. You can make one out of a cute allover print and use a solid color for the back or a coordinating print. There's always my simple quilt of just cutting 3 or 4 in. squares and laying them out in a cute pattern and stitching them all together. As Nike would say...just do it! Anything made with love will be fine!!

Unread 06-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
Watercolor Wizard

Got you added, and it's nappy time for me! Thanks!

Unread 06-29-2011, 04:51 AM   #5
Swapper of the Month March 2012

OH THANK YOU!!!!!

I have a BIG container of fleece fabric that I bought over the last SEVERAL years on sales, and never ended up using, but is still tucked away waiting to be made into blankets and be cuddled by the right little one!!!!

SIGN ME UP!!! You can list me for one spot, but I suspect by the time February comes around there will be more... and of course DONATE all!!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE A GOOD DEED!!!! WOOHOO!!!!
Unread 06-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #6
Hardware Hotshot

well I spent a little time looking up baby blankets. Lots of options out there! I found a nice flannel and jersey material one that looks easy to make. not a lot of cutting and a simple straight stitch.....I think this might be the one. directions say you can do it from start to finish in 2 hours. sounds like a good one to me....I think I will try that one first and if it is easy I can make more.

so just to be clear. we make one blanket and 4 tags. or 4 blankets and 4 tags?
Unread 06-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #7
Gallery Gazer

Location: Crazyville USA, but I wouldnt have it any other way !!

Well Ducki.......you are an angel.....this sounds fun......sign me up for 2 spots and donate all mine!! I will also knit 2 blankets!! LOVE THIS ONE!!!!
As for me & my house, we will serve the Lord Joshua 24:15
Unread 06-29-2011, 06:03 PM   #8
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
well I spent a little time looking up baby blankets. Lots of options out there! I found a nice flannel and jersey material one that looks easy to make. not a lot of cutting and a simple straight stitch.....I think this might be the one. directions say you can do it from start to finish in 2 hours. sounds like a good one to me....I think I will try that one first and if it is easy I can make more.

so just to be clear. we make one blanket and 4 tags. or 4 blankets and 4 tags?
You make 4 tags for the swap and you can make as many or no blankets at all to donate. A blanket for each tag would be awesome!

Unread 06-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #9
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks for joining Susan and Libby. I'm excited to have blankets already being donated on the 2nd day of the swap!!!!!!

I sewed 2 fleece baby blankets together and cut the corners and a bit of fringe on each so I could put a pic. I cut out 4 of each color/design so I will make a total of 8 out of the 4 pieces of fleece I had bought to make baby blankets out of. Kaylee's was 28X33 and a perfect size for over carseat and in stroller, but I made mine just a little bigger. I had 2yds of each fleece and just cut it into 4 pieces. I thought if I could get the rest sewn together I'd take them to camp and leave them there to cut the fringes there if I get bored this summer. I may make some bigger ones and knot them around the edges, and make some cotton patch type quilts.
Attached Thumbnails
sew1.jpg   sew-2.jpg  

Unread 06-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #10
Hardware Hotshot

those are cute. they look easy too. I think I could even do one of those. Oh I'm getting excited!!

Lois-Where are you?!?! I think we have our christmas project!!!
Unread 06-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #11
Watercolor Wizard

All I did was sew a square with the right sides together 1 1/2 inches from the edge. Cut the very corners out in to the stitching then just cut fringes..mine are about 1/2" wide...very simple.

I love it that you do a Christmas project. Every year except last year, because I quit my job so close to Christmas, and had to put my family first, we do a project too. We started out picking names off of the trees in different stores and letting the kids shop for other kids that were in need. (funny note here: I recall one year when Charli was very little the one tag she picked said underwear and the size. She felt bad and said "this poor little kid only wants underwear for Christmas" I explained to her that each kid had shoes, pants, shirt, socks, underwear, and one toy on seperate tags...my favorite Christmas moment!!!) Anyways, I found out a few families that had their kid's names on the tree that were very foolish in how they spent their money, and the kids had plenty for Christmas already. That was when we decided that we would pick someone our selves to Secret Santa from now on. The school nurse was a big help, as when I'd call her and say "does this family truly need for Christmas" she would tell me. One year we even picked one of the young guys at the feed store. I overheard him talking when I went in and he was saying he was glad his little one wasn't old enough to know what Christmas was because they had a few emergencies and he wasn't going to be able to put much under the tree. I waited until I had a chance to talk to the owner alone and once I did that became our project that year. The next few times I was there for feed he was still talking about how someone that didn't even know him had made their Christmas. Of course I told the owner not to tell him who did it, and it made me feel good to hear how appreciative and amazed he was. My kids have found families that weren't going to have a Christmas as well and we went with their choices. Several years ago they were babysitting for a family that the dad was in an accident and in hospital in another state. They were not going to have Christmas so the kids adopted them that year. We also asked at work if anyone was looking for a Christmas project this family was in need. My kids were so happy to deliver 2 pickup truck loads - of toys, clothes, and food to the family!! Charli called that their "jackpot Christmas project"

I love to hear others do little projects too!!!

Unread 06-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #12
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to Scrap2bhappynnc

I would like one spot please. Thanks

Evelyn
Unread 06-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #13
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by msscrappyr View Post
I would like one spot please. Thanks

Evelyn
Thanks for joining! I'll get you added!!

Unread 06-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #14
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
those are cute. they look easy too. I think I could even do one of those. Oh I'm getting excited!!

Lois-Where are you?!?! I think we have our christmas project!!!

I'm here! Sign me up for one spot for now please and donate all. Not sure I want to wait for Christmas to start on these, Kristyn. But we can certainly do some together then. I was thinking about crocheting one because I can do that while I'm at work!!

Cards Kits for Everyting Swap
Unread 06-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #15
Watercolor Wizard

I'm not sure when we are leaving for camp tomorrow, but I know we will be gone until Monday unless weather gets too crappy. So if anyone wants to give a little bump that's fine, but not necessary. However, if anyone joins and you notice it please welcome them to the swap for me and I will get everything updated when we get back. Thanks!!!!

I hope you all have a happy & safe 4th of July!!

Unread 07-01-2011, 05:33 AM   #16

Oh I have lots of yarn I could crochet too... this could become a pile by then and may have to drive up to deliver them to Barb... haha
Unread 07-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #17
Hardware Hotshot

I found a nice BIG flat rate box I was thinking of using! it was about 11wide x 22long and about 5" deep. very odd side but worked for something else I was shipping and thought It'd fit a blanket or two in there.....

Ducki-I have been googleing blankets....soooo many options...

Lois-you don't have to wait till christmas to START making....I got my material for one yesterday. so I'll see how that goes and I think it may make two. i really didn't pay attention to the width only length.
Unread 07-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #18

I started crocheting one last night out of boredom while watching a movie (Lord of the Rings series, for the umteenth million time -- DH and the twins love it). On a roll now!
Unread 07-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #19
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to Scrap2bhappynnc

I would like to donate all for my spot. Forgot to tell you that when I signed up. Thanks so much.
Unread 07-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #20
Mad Swapper

Hi Barb.....sign me up for a spot for now. Donate all of mine also.
Unread 07-04-2011, 12:56 AM   #21
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
I started crocheting one last night out of boredom while watching a movie (Lord of the Rings series, for the umteenth million time -- DH and the twins love it). On a roll now!

Unread 07-04-2011, 12:59 AM   #22
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by msscrappyr View Post
I would like to donate all for my spot. Forgot to tell you that when I signed up. Thanks so much.
Thanks!!

Unread 07-04-2011, 01:00 AM   #23
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethKinder View Post
Hi Barb.....sign me up for a spot for now. Donate all of mine also.
Thanks for joining Beth!!!!

Unread 07-04-2011, 01:04 AM   #24
Watercolor Wizard

I will update the main thread for changes while I was away. I'm so excited to see everyone's work!

If you are donating all you can make them all different, or the same. I'm planning on using up some spare swap pieces, and ATC's for tags I make.

Unread 07-05-2011, 05:39 AM   #25

First one is done... raspberry yarn with a lime green ruffle edge since I ran out of the raspberry...
I didn't ask, is there a size requirement on these? I assumed since they are for newborns mostly that they could be small...

Started another during the third Lord of the Rings movie...
Unread 07-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #26
Pearl-ExPert

What fun and for a wonderful cause too!! Please sign me up for 1 spot and donate all.
Fun, fun, fun!
Unread 07-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #27
Mad Swapper

Hi Barb....with Susan's blessings I posted a thread for Round 3 to keep the giving going.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...a-t532268.html
Unread 07-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #28
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
First one is done... raspberry yarn with a lime green ruffle edge since I ran out of the raspberry...
I didn't ask, is there a size requirement on these? I assumed since they are for newborns mostly that they could be small...

Started another during the third Lord of the Rings movie...
Sounds cute!! There is no size requirement. They just have to be good for a baby!

Unread 07-06-2011, 07:17 AM   #29
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by klb1082 View Post
What fun and for a wonderful cause too!! Please sign me up for 1 spot and donate all.
Fun, fun, fun!
Glad to add you to the do a good deeders list for round 2!!

Unread 07-06-2011, 08:09 AM   #30
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethKinder View Post
Hi Barb....with Susan's blessings I posted a thread for Round 3 to keep the giving going.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...a-t532268.html
Awesome idea Beth!!!! This is great that we are finding such great organizations to make simple things for!!!

Great idea to start these good deeds swaps Susan!!!!!

Unread 07-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #31

Hi Everyone! If you have Facebook, look here at my grandson's pic and vote for him please! It is so cute!!! Of course, I'm partial, but this is a super cute pic!
The 2011 Gerber Generation Photo Search on Facebook | Facebook
Unread 07-07-2011, 04:42 AM   #32
Pearl-ExPert

Susan - look what you started! Saw the link to this swap in your siggy on the Crochet thread and now I want to play!

I'm 9 weeks pregnant as of yesterday, so I'm definitely in the mood to make baby blankets! Since I'll be all fat and heavy over the winter, what a perfect time to join since these aren't due until Feb! (my due date is actually Feb. 8th, so I get to share the love with all the rest of the girls having babies at the same time - how cool is that?!)

Ducki - can I have one spot for now and please donate all the tags from me as well! I plan to do a blanket for each tag...hmmmm...wonder if I could match the tag to the blanket?? I'll see how fast I get these done and may have time for another spot...
Unread 07-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #33
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by galet1 View Post
Susan - look what you started! Saw the link to this swap in your siggy on the Crochet thread and now I want to play!

I'm 9 weeks pregnant as of yesterday, so I'm definitely in the mood to make baby blankets! Since I'll be all fat and heavy over the winter, what a perfect time to join since these aren't due until Feb! (my due date is actually Feb. 8th, so I get to share the love with all the rest of the girls having babies at the same time - how cool is that?!)

Ducki - can I have one spot for now and please donate all the tags from me as well! I plan to do a blanket for each tag...hmmmm...wonder if I could match the tag to the blanket?? I'll see how fast I get these done and may have time for another spot...
Welcome Aboard and thanks for joining!!!!

bad Susan, bad....look what you've done....(great job )

There really isn't any need to take additional spots. You can send as many blankets with tags that you want!!

Congratulations on the new baby due to arrive in February!! My first grandchild Kaylee was born on my birthday last November, and she is expecting a baby brother and a cousin in October. I was excited to have my daughters, but grandbabies are a whole new ballgame and so exciting too!! Every baby is a blessing!!!

Unread 07-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #34

Congrats, Toni!! How awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galet1 View Post

Unread 07-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #35
Watercolor Wizard

A little bump for swappers....

Unread 07-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #36
Watercolor Wizard

Susan I put a note about the good deeds swaps in the RAK group so maybe we will get some new participants!

Unread 07-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #37
Watercolor Wizard

What a long hot weekend in the hayfield!

Unread 07-11-2011, 06:22 AM   #38
Watercolor Wizard

Good Deed update~~~I have decided to cut all my fleece I bought to size for the blankets. My girlfriend wants a couple for the 23rd so I thought I'd get them cut to size and make hers and tuck the ready to go pieces back in the plastic tote for now. I have bought more material for caps and for pillowcases. I'm so bad I gotta stay out of the fabric dept. I now have more material than I gave my cousin a while back! bad girl, bad

Unread 07-11-2011, 06:59 AM   #39

Woohoo, you go girl!

I finished crocheting the second one... orange and blue, good for a baby boy.

Planning to use fleece or quilting for the rest... who knows how many by February!
Unread 07-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #40
Hardware Hotshot

Thumbs up Bump 4 a Spot

OK Susan... I'll take a spot here too!!!
(Donating all)

FYI... for those on a budget I saw some pretty cute little fleece blankets this week at the $1.00 store!!! (in the baby section)
Closed Thread