Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Here we are to continue the fun started way back when by Jeanette in the Forest!! I am happy to be this round’s hostess and hope that I haven't been too tardy in getting this thread started!
This is a closed swap so we will not be adding any new participants. Those who are listed below have indicated that they wish to move forward with this round. (If you do not convey that you wish to move forward with the next round, or do not send in your swap from the previous round, you will forfeit your opportunity to participate in the swap.)
Please post your intent to move on to Round 9 in this swap by December 15, 2011. Linda (Gimmeahaller) will want to know how many images to prepare for the next round. I will put *** next to your name to show that you want to participate in Round 9.
Details: (in case you're like me & need to refer back to make sure you have all the bases covered )
- Make 3+1 cards (+1 is for me, hooray!!)
- You will be getting 3 cards back. You will not get one of your own back…so if you want one for yourself, make an extra and keep it.
- Standard (4¼ x 5½) cards. No envelopes necessary. If you make a different size card, please include envelopes.
- Please use good quality cardstock (like SU, PTI, Gina K) & at least 2 layers.
- Designer Papers are suggested, but not required
- Please use 1 embellishment. If your card could benefit from more, feel free to use as many as you would like.
** Please sign the back of your cards (or adhere a post-it note with your name) so we know whose work to admire!!**
It’s a mystery … or surprise … so please don’t spill the beans about the image until everyone has it. Please post once you receive your image so we can begin chatting about it.
Please wait to post your card to your gallery or your blog until January 18th. I will take pictures of all the cards as they come in and I will create an album in my gallery with all of the cards. If there is a card you love and just have to have, send me a PM and I will try to honor all requests.
Place your cards in a large ziplock bag for waterproofing. Include a card/paper with your name and SCS username. Include a SASE with the same amount of postage that it took to mail to me along with a couple of extra postage stamps. Remember: you will be receiving a package of images in your return envie that will probably weigh more than the extra hostess card you sent, so maybe add 2 or 3 additional stamps. Unused extra postage will be returned. Please do not use metered postage on your return envelope. The post office will not accept it.
Cards must be in my hands no later than January 18, 2012.
Please send your cards to:
14 Lorri Road
Derry, NH 03038
Swappers and other Hostess Info will be posted in Post 2.
HOSTESS LIST: Let's hear it for each of our prior Hostesses!! Woot woot!!
1. Jeanette – Due October 18, 2010 – COMPLETED
2. April – Due December 18, 2010 – COMPLETED
3. Gael – Due February 18, 2011 – COMPLETED
4. Tami – Due April 18, 2011 – COMPLETED
5. Paola – Due July 18, 2011 – COMPLETED
6. Karly - Due September 18, 2011 - COMPLETED
7. Barb - Due November 18, 2011 - COMPLETED
Thank you for making this so much fun. Hope that I can do the same!
8. Darlene (luvcardmaking) – Due January 18, 2012--CURRENT HOSTESS
9. Linda (gimmeahaller) – Due March 18, 2012
10. Linda (ljhart) – Due May 18, 2012
11. Kate (valleygirl1129) – Due July 18, 2012
12. Samantha (way2cute) – Due September 18, 2012
13. Joan (ms.earlgrey) – Due November 18, 2012
14. Terry (Terry0926) – Due January 18, 2013
Glad that you like the images April! I kept wondering if everyone might want a picture of the colored image on the back of the wood mount stamp. But I didn't want to include it because it may influence how a person might color it, KWIM?
If someone is really stuck I can PM the picture to them. However, knowing the talent in this group, I seriously doubt that anyone will need it!
Dar, I will admit I googled it to see what others have done.....
And I must admit that mine don't really look like any I saw.......
GOOD!!!! I want some fresh takes on this stamp!! Does this mean you are finished ALREADY???????
Where oh where did our Procraftinator go? Will we have to find someone else (like me ahh-hem) to take on that role? LOL
No, they are quite done.....I decided that I needed to get the image part done just in case I needed to ask you to send me more....lol. In fact, I am looking for a neat card design as we speak....
Well, I really want a new camera...an SLR kind but there are still none in my price range even with Cyber discounts! LOL
I need some new cookware and there's a 22 qt. roaster for a great price. I told DH that these two things were needs and not Christmas gifts! hahahaha
I'm really tame when it comes to my shopping this year. We already have most of it done just thought I'd look online today to see what was out there.
__________________ ~ Melina ~ My Blog ~ QFTD104 ~ Spring 2013 CAS DT 2016 Scrappy Goal ~ (Feb 0/5) /150 pages