Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 04:34 AM   #81
Pearl-ExPert

There, I think I fixed the link for Jan 27th. If someone else could just test it and let me know!

Thanks for letting me know there was a problem so I could fix it!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-31-2011, 04:41 AM   #82
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggydl View Post
Wow Leslie, another card up ... I'm going to go check it out!
It looks a little bit too "St. Paddy's Day" with all the green but I kind of like the results. I might try something similar in red or maybe do that same green on a light brown or craft background.

Quote:
The rod idea for punches sounds like a good one ... I just throw mine into a few plastic bins on a shelf! Sheesh, I'm terrible at this whole organize your craft supply thing *rolleyes* I do use a dowl or rod to hold my nestabilities .. maybe it's just priorities for me LOL!
I bought one large and one small rod when I visited Ikea in Mass back in October after seeing some of the awesome pictures here on SCS and on Pinterest. Can't wait until I get back there again to add to my collection! I'd like to see how you use a rod for holding your nesties. I kept the cardboard that they came on and used large pieces of magnets mounted to the sheets where the tape used to hold them on. With the magnet, they stay pretty firm on the cardboard and they can be flipped through easily.

Quote:
Yes, DH pays the $300 cover charge for Costco ... I purposefully don't carry a membership ... then I can only go with DH .. who keeps an eye on me!! I've never heard of Sams Club.
Is that what it costs to join Costco these days? I let my membership lapse about two years ago. Our biggest savings there that made the membership pay for itself was on propane refills for our BBQ tank but then Rona opened in the area and matched their pricing. I found I could never get out of that store without spending at least $75 on a good day and it was more likely I'd spend $100 LOL! Sam's Club is Walmart's equivalent to Costco and they're in the USA. I've been in a few while in New England. I think there were a couple trial stores in Canada, at least one in Ontario if I recall correctly.

Quote:
Leslie, I used to be on the Design Team for smARTworks a few years ago so I have a ton of their stamps. They do have lots of great stamps. Say hi to Susan (the owner) for me if you decide to buy!
Will do ... might have to wait a bit but I did see some things I liked
Old 12-31-2011, 05:42 PM   #83
Pearl-ExPert

Okay - got another card completed this afternoon - for Patti's challenge. I had the idea swirling around in the noggin' so had to get it on paper.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:44 PM   #84
Pearl-ExPert

Okay ... I have a problem ... LOL ... I started working on Jessica's challenge this afternoon ... and then the card started to take on a life of it's own!! Instead of being a CAS card that would not require any additional postage .. it has 3 layers, a large ribbon that is pleated and a huge button and twine bow! LOL - so not my typical style ... but now it doesn't belong in any of the categories!! And it is too pretty to leave out .. so, I am going to create a challenge to fit it later in the weeks that are not taken ..... LOL!! Sheesh!!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:31 AM   #85
Glitter Guru

Happy New Year to everyone !!

Donelda and Leslie- Your cards are fabulous !
Old 01-01-2012, 03:51 AM   #86
Gabfest Goddess

[QUOTE=wiggydl;19042065]Okay ... I have a problem ... LOL ... I started working on Jessica's challenge this afternoon ... and then the card started to take on a life of it's own!! Instead of being a CAS card that would not require any additional postage .. it has 3 layers, a large ribbon that is pleated and a huge button and twine bow! LOL - so not my typical style ... but now it doesn't belong in any of the categories!! And it is too pretty to leave out .. so, I am going to create a challenge to fit it later in the weeks that are not taken ..... LOL!!

I have a suggestion: How about January 13? WCCCJAN13--you made a cool card, but it doesn't fit any specific category?

I made a Christmas card from a 2011 calendar that a friend here on Splitcoast made for me last year. She did such a beautiful job on the 6x6 calendar, not only with her stamping, but the coloring of images and the embellies she used. Each month was on heavy 6x6 cardstock and sealed in one of those clear envies and she sent me a plate holder that held each month. I know she put lots of work into each month, and I hated throwing it away, but since it was 2011, I couldn't really use it as a calendar anymore. So I "cannabilized" each month, taking the image and whatever embellies I could salvage, and made a card from most months. You should see the Christmas card--gorgeous! (and I can't take credit for it, because it was all Tammi's work!) That card sure would fit it the WCCCJAN13 category!

JMHO....
Old 01-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #87
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

I just visited the January 20 gallery; Leslie and Donelda your cards are gorgeous.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #88
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaPatti View Post
I have a suggestion: How about January 13? WCCCJAN13--you made a cool card, but it doesn't fit any specific category?

I made a Christmas card from a 2011 calendar that a friend here on Splitcoast made for me last year. She did such a beautiful job on the 6x6 calendar, not only with her stamping, but the coloring of images and the embellies she used. Each month was on heavy 6x6 cardstock and sealed in one of those clear envies and she sent me a plate holder that held each month. I know she put lots of work into each month, and I hated throwing it away, but since it was 2011, I couldn't really use it as a calendar anymore. So I "cannabilized" each month, taking the image and whatever embellies I could salvage, and made a card from most months. You should see the Christmas card--gorgeous! (and I can't take credit for it, because it was all Tammi's work!) That card sure would fit it the WCCCJAN13 category!

JMHO....
Love this idea Patti ... so your wish is my command and I have created this Optional challenge for Jan 13 .... link up girl!!! Mine will be linked up shortly as well!! Thanks for the idea ... one of the reasons this group is so awesome ... great ideas from great minds!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #89
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy New year!

OMG you girls are go getters! I haven't made a card in a couple of weeks it's been crazy for me! Hopefully I'll be able to set down and catch up soon!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #90
Pearl-ExPert

no worries Lena ... some of us are just "keeners"!! LOL!! The actual date on the first challenge isn't until Jan 20 ... but I have some extra time right now so figure I should try to get some cards done now while I can. Once I get back to work my time will be more limited.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #91
Glitter Guru

Happy Monday morning !

Donelda- I'll upload the cards near the due date, because I want to post on my blog. Perhaps i can also join some other challenges The first 3 are done.

Have a great day everyone !
Old 01-02-2012, 05:12 AM   #92
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I hope I get to work on these today. Hopefully DH doesn't have other plans. I am hoping he will want to watch football all day and I can be in my crafts room.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 01-02-2012, 07:20 AM   #93
Gabfest Goddess

Ahhh, back to "normal" (whatever that is!) Happy Monday and happy 2012!

Finally got photos uploaded of my first 4 challenges...five cards total since I did two cards for Donelda's first challenge. Hope they show up ok--I was having trouble with my links.

Off to Michael's and Walmart in the cold and snow. Heard we are gonna get hit hard tonight with heavy snow, so maybe I'd better stop at the grocery store, too...

have a great day!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #94
Gabfest Goddess

oops! Forgot to upload my card for the Jan13 optional challenge! Will have to do it when I get home!

ps...I did upload challenge cards for WCCCFeb3 and WCCCFeb10--Wiggy, can you make your magic on the first post so the links work? thanks!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #95
Pearl-ExPert

I might seem like a keener but I'm sure I'll fall behind sooner or later. I'm making hay while the sun shines and I'm still off on vacation. Back to the grind tomorrow
Old 01-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #96
Pearl-ExPert

Okay, I will link up the challenges for you Patti! Nice going!! I have also completed one card for Leslie's challenge and have a second card in mid-completion for it as well! They will be great christmas cards for my family and friends back home.

Imke, you can upload your cards whenever you are ready. I have decided to upload the Christmas cards here on SCS now and I will save them in my blog folder and upload them to my blog next year nearer christmas.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #97
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Donelda - I am loving this challenge. I sat down today and made 4 cards. I just love making Christmas cards and feel so guilty when I have to put all my holiday stamps away. Now I get to play all year long.

Now I need to stop and take pictures to post.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 01-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #98
Stazon Splitcoast

I got the first challenge done, now to work on Valentines and design team stuff. Gotta get busy on that one. I'll post my cards later today.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 01-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #99
Watercolor Wizard

I have been makin' cards like crazy here---need to upload them..finishing 2 more tonight! I am thinking--I will have a "schlew" of cards if I keep this up...haha wishful thinking!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 01-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #100
Stazon Splitcoast

Woo hoo -- just finished the first challenge! It wasn't what I first visualized because I could NOT find the embellie I know I have (somewhere), but the card is still a keeper. Now for some sunshine so I can photo it.

Did I miss something? What is a 'keener'??
Old 01-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #101
Pearl-ExPert

hehe, Jessica a keener is someone who gets things done early ... like the kid in school who always sat in the front row, always had her hand up, and always finished assignments 4 days before they were due .... maybe it is a Canadian term, or an east coast term??!!

Wow, you guys are rocking the challenges. Off to see any cards that have been uploaded to the galleries!!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #102
Glitter Guru

Donelda- You are right, i can make the upload here. Iīm waiting for a better light to take the pictures.

Patti- Wow 4 cards already done ?? They are fabulous. I have to comment them later.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #103
Pearl-ExPert

Just checked out all the cards posted to date. I'm in awe of all the great work. I'm so glad I joined in
Old 01-03-2012, 02:57 AM   #104

Great job everyone! It will be weekend before I begin creating for the first challenge week; if all goes well, maybe can complete a couple weeks at a time!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:14 AM   #105

I have a card for the January 13 challenge but the challenge link isn't *hot* yet.

Need to finish getting ready for work.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:18 AM   #106
Pearl-ExPert

Hey Vickie, if you could edit your upload and add the appropriate KEYWORD in, then I can open the link for the Jan 13 gallery. I just need someone to post a card with it.

That goes for all of the challenges that are not already opened. If any of you create a card that fits into a challenge, just add the right keyword and then let me know here on a post. Once I see that I will go into your gallery and can use your card to open up the link for the gallery on post 1. Thanks for your help
Old 01-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #107
Pearl-ExPert

Okay, I've just uploaded another lighthouse card ... that challenge is a hard one but for some reason, 2 great ideas just popped into my head! Maybe the harder the challenge is the easier it is for me??!! LOL!!

I've also uploaded a card that did not fit any other of the challenges currently listed so, with Patti's great suggestion, have added it to the Jan 13th optional challenge. Once the moderators approve it I can open that gallery as well.

Just 2 more days of holidays for me .... I think I'll try to get a few more cards done between now and "back to work".
Old 01-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #108

Donelda, I didn't have time to upload the January 13 card this morning before heading to work. Will let you know when (maybe weekend though); too much going on this week so may not be on SCS as much at home...helping DS each evening to get his house ready to sell...lots of work to be done there!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #109
Gabfest Goddess

Seems not sleeping all night increases my productivity--at least in the short term! (I'm sure I'll crash and burn soon!) But I did upload that "cannibalized" card I mentioned earler under the Jan13, and made a very simple card for Lena's Feb 17 challenge. Hey, I gotta work when the ideas come to me, right!! Once I lose the mojo, there won't be many uploads!

Keeping warm in the craft room...

Last edited by MommaPatti; 01-03-2012 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: wrong date on Lena's challenge!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #110
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggydl View Post
Okay, I've just uploaded another lighthouse card ... that challenge is a hard one but for some reason, 2 great ideas just popped into my head! Maybe the harder the challenge is the easier it is for me??!! LOL!!

I've also uploaded a card that did not fit any other of the challenges currently listed so, with Patti's great suggestion, have added it to the Jan 13th optional challenge. Once the moderators approve it I can open that gallery as well.

Just 2 more days of holidays for me .... I think I'll try to get a few more cards done between now and "back to work".
I love both cards. Is that an actual lighthouse stamp or a digi? Just curious as there aren't a whole lot of lighthouse stamps out there, at least not many that I've found.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #111
Glitter Guru

I receivde an awesome birthday card from Linda today !!

Linda- Thank you so much- itīs such an amazing 6x6 card. I really fell in love with it. Itīs a little (big) work of art !!! In real life it looks so much better !!!

Linda's Stamping Blog: Anyone for Ice Cream!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #112
Pearl-ExPert

leslie, my lighthouse is a stamp - an old one from Cornish Heritage Farm (Cat Dancing Design Line) and is called CDD-1612G Yaquina Head, OR. I know that CHF has started back up but I don't know if they still carry the same stamps they used to have or if they have all new stock. Just in case you wanted to track it down. I'd be happy to send some stamped images to you and anyone else who needs one for the lighthouse/nautical challenge. Just let me know.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #113
Pearl-ExPert

Way to go with all your cards Patti! You are knocking them out of the park!! I love your recycled card. A bunch of us here were in a House Mouse calendar swap a few years ago and when that year was done I couldn't bare to throw it all away and recycled some of the images, I still have Jessica's Oct. image and will make it into a halloween card.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #114
Hardware Hotshot

Wiggy: I would love some nautical images. I never saw the need for them living in Arizona and Colorado, two severely landlocked states.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #115
Glitter Guru

Good morning,

i have uploaded my cards for Doneldaīs, Pattiīs and Jessicaīs challenge. Yeah !!!

Joanna- I also have a little problem with the Lighthouse challenge. I have no lighthouse !!LOL. Well, i have to ask Tanja . I think she has one from Whipper Snapper. Wish me luck !

Off to chech the gallery............
Old 01-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #116
Pearl-ExPert

The lighthouse/nautical challenge doesn't have to be lighthouse exclusive ... anything that combines Christmas and the sea. While Nova Scotia isn't a tropical climate, Santa on a nice warm beach enjoying a much needed break after December 25 would be good too (I have seen some Aussie stamps like this in my google searches). I've also seen a couple of nautical Christmas cards which involved a wreath with things like shells and starfish on it. See, I'm giving away all my ideas. I'll probably end up with the worst card of all for my own challenge LOL!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #117
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
I receivde an awesome birthday card from Linda today !!

Linda- Thank you so much- itīs such an amazing 6x6 card. I really fell in love with it. Itīs a little (big) work of art !!! In real life it looks so much better !!!

Linda's Stamping Blog: Anyone for Ice Cream!
You are very welcome!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #118
Stazon Splitcoast

I used to love shopping at CHF. I think their new site is all digital, but could and probably am wrong.

I still haven't got my cards uploaded. Sometime in the night I pulled a muscle in my back, don't know how I did it sleeping but I did, then I had to babysit Jevin today and he is such a chunk, had a hard time lifting him up and down. I would put him in the floor to play and he would crawl right back up to me and hold his arms up and smile great big and of course I HAD to pick him up again, then he would want right back down. The little stinker. He was 1 yr. old Christmas Eve. He is having a birthday party on Jan. 15 or near then.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #119
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Wiggy: I would love some nautical images. I never saw the need for them living in Arizona and Colorado, two severely landlocked states.
I will stamp them up tonight and get them in the mail as soon as I can!!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #120
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Good morning,

i have uploaded my cards for Doneldaīs, Pattiīs and Jessicaīs challenge. Yeah !!!

Joanna- I also have a little problem with the Lighthouse challenge. I have no lighthouse !!LOL. Well, i have to ask Tanja . I think she has one from Whipper Snapper. Wish me luck !

Off to chech the gallery............
I will stamp up some lighthouses for you too Imke!!
Closed Thread