Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #161
Forum Fanatic

Este Lauder and I don't get along! hahaha That is one company (besides all AXE brands that make me choke!) I don't know if the sprayer is too large or women bathe in it or if its just the scent-----my eyes have literally watered in close proximity to anyone wearing EL!

My daughter has this stuff...by Philosophy...thought it had a # for a name...but again..very light fresh scent...I don't wear cologne everyday--just a hint when I am going OUT somewhere...

Mind you, hair spray, house freshener sprays, OFF, other bug sprays..all make me gag...so I am ultra sensitive when it comes to that stuff. One of my SIL's wears her cologne--you know she was in the room after she left 15 minutes ago! I don't get how people pour it on--too much of anytheeeng is not a good theeeng!!!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #162
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Patti- Yes, my headaches are really gone. I used to have weekly headaches and migraines. After not smoking, I've gained weight too. Thanks to Weight Watchers, I had it removed in a year. Since then, I hold my weight....more or less.....

Susanne- I forgot my summer flagrance. I like fresh fragrance like apple, lemon, poppy and lilacs. These are just starting to bloom here.

Vickie- If I could, I would immediately get on the plane. I would love to meet you all. Unfortunately it's not but I still wish you a lot of fun !!! How many days you'll have to work until retirement ? It may not be long now, right?

Have a great Friday !!
I have 40 more working days! I cannot wait to leave my job! I will miss most of the administrators, faculty and staff from all 11 school districts, but I just can't take the stress of my job anymore.

Wow! Can't wait until all of you show up for lunch! LOL Don't we all wish we could do actually get to meet! I know that Tracie, Linda and Deborah have met at a Suzanne Dean workshop a while back. Any others from this group had an opportunity to actually meet in person?

Well, duty calls; have an email from the state about student testing. Will go for now!

Wishing everyone a fabulous Friday!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #163
Hardware Hotshot

It's 9:40 and I can't stop watching the clock. DH is coming home at noon and I am off for a girl's weekend. We are going to go to the Denver Quilt show (to price out machines and buy fabulous fabric), go antiquing, and (drum roll please) get spa treatments. I am sooooo excited. See you all Sunday. Yippee!

Kath: Yep, oldest is a clone of DH. I wish we could have had a third just to see who HE (cause you know it would be another boy) would resemble. Loved the Lilah story.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:00 AM   #164
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Any others from this group had an opportunity to actually meet in person?
Lynne (Angie1974) and I met for the first time last week. We were in a couple other secret sister swaps together and tried to meet before Claire got here, but the weather wouldn't cooperate. We finally met up for coffee last week and then visited a couple of LSS. Lynne needed help emptying her wallet.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #165
Glitter Guru

That's so fun that you and Lynne met each other, Heather.

Are any of you going to the Outlawz weekend? I'm guessing not, cause it's in MD. I couldn't swing it because of baseball games and lacrosse, but it sounded fun and Susanne Dean was doing a class there.

Joanna, have fun, that sounds like a blast! They have a big quilt show in Lancaster PA every year, that my MIL loves to go to. That's cool, that the kids each look like one of you!

I used to go to some of the Scrapper's Dream Vacation weekends when they were nearish, but haven't gone in years. It was funny some ladies flew from all over to go to them.

The count down is on Vickie! How exciting for you!
Old 05-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #166
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, yes Glenn was in the hospital. I was so mad at the hospital. We went in on Wed.. and it took them 5 hrs to see him find out what was wrong give him a prescription and send him home. Loratab did not help him, he had a big kidney stone so at 1:00 AM I took him back and they admitted him. I didn't get home until 3 or 3:30. Glenn called me at 8:00AM thurs. morning and said the DR. had been in and said they would work him into surgery schedule soon so I had better get up there. I sit there until 4:00PM and they did take him to surgery. They could not take care of the stone, the machine (laser) that bust the kidney stones up is only here on Wednesdays so they pushed the stone into his kidney, put a stint in and at 7:30 last night sent us home. He is not in pain but they left strings hanging out that are attached to the stint so he is leaking urine constantly....and he has to go back next Wed. while they have the machine and have the surgery again!!! We were both so tired but I am thankful that he is not in pain.

Joanna, have a blast. I think you probably will and it will be good for you to have a weekend away.

Angela, I love the name Paisley. Can't wait to see which puppy you choose and what name.

Susanne, I think I need a margarita! We went out to eat a couple of weeks ago and I had one then but after yesterday and Wed. I could use another.

Heather it is so fun to meet up with a SCS friend. Tracie and Debra and I did have a lot of fun.

Kathy, I chose going to see Denise over the Outlawz Baltimore trip. I couldn't swing both and only been on their DT for a couple of weeks when they planned the trip. I would rather meet up with all of you at Vickie's.

Vickie, we will be counting down with you.

Pat, Someday I am coming your way too and going to all those LSS shopping with you. lol!!!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 05-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #167
Die Cut Diva

Can't wait Linda!!!! We will have soooo much fun!!
Old 05-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #168
Hardware Hotshot

Angela, we're all so excited about that puppy, that you're going to have to tell Davis we've named "our" puppy "Secret". LOL.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #169
Forum Fanatic

Vickie--40 Days WOW! Each of those 40 days--put $10 bucks in a piggy bank and on the 40th day--go out and CELEBRATE!!! Seriously..we'll all send you some confetti...dance on your desk...get on the loud speaker...be a bad mama jama!!! hahahahaha (oops..I think I had too much coffee after pizza dinner tonight!) You GOGIRL!!!

Old 05-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #170
Forum Fanatic

Heck Linda...sounds like you need a couple of Marg's! I would have been so upset--the rushing /waiting/then nothing? How is Glenn now? Better? You know what always amazes me--I took a friend to the ER@ 10pm one night (she was in excruciating lower back pain) completely and totally unable to move. I sat and sat...they drugged her up with something powerful and sent us on our way! No notice so I could call someone earlier and get some support to carry her... Now, I am not a small person, and have had plenty of back issues in my day--she is not a small person and I had to practically carry her into her house! That's it...she was a big wet noodle--I stayed until she fell asleep and drove home at 4am! This, after a 3 minute DOC ER visit at 1am! Nightmare! Then, what do you do with the patient? She managed and was a bit better the next day--brought a few meals to her...

Old 05-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #171
Forum Fanatic

Angela...congratulations on Paisley (I personally LOVE this name) Very classic! You will fall in love with her...warning...she'll be you third child!!! Remember, get silver bowls for food and drink..then her nose won't turn PINK! Muddy's nose is still brown And, Each "cookie bone" is equivalent to us eating a Snickers Bar (a vet told me this once) so choose tiny snacks for potty training... and final advice; consistency (same door, same spot in lawn-go out every 1/2 hour then stretch it to 45 mins..then an hour for potty training) she'll catch on quickly! Muddy only had a few mistakes...gosh he was so tiny when we got him...I'll have to find that picture Best of luck with your new addition!

Old 05-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #172
Forum Fanatic

I am so chatty today--need to move on to other things me thinks!!!

One stupid question...MAY's package...is it ALL supposed to be "recycled" or just bits/pieces and keeping with the recycled theme...so if I re-purpose or as the cool people say...."UPCYCLE" something to include with my package...that counts too? PLUS, keeping in mind what my SS has on her profile likes/list...anybody..anybody?

Old 05-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #173
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
I am so chatty today--need to move on to other things me thinks!!!

One stupid question...MAY's package...is it ALL supposed to be "recycled" or just bits/pieces and keeping with the recycled theme...so if I re-purpose or as the cool people say...."UPCYCLE" something to include with my package...that counts too? PLUS, keeping in mind what my SS has on her profile likes/list...anybody..anybody?
We decided that one of the kits should be 'recycled' and you may interpret that in any way you like. I am very excited to see this clever crew's various interpretations!

The other kit is free choice .
Old 05-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #174
Forum Fanatic

Thanks Jess.........this will be fun!

Old 05-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #175
Glitter Guru

I have sent my May kit. Yesterday, I get it back. I had too little postage on it. Can you you believe it ? LOL Anyway, now it's the second time on the road.

Vickie- 40 days? This is in sight - I'm happy for you!

Linda- You are in my thougths ! I hope Glenn is feeling betters soon. You should take a break and treat yourself to rest.

Joanna- Have a fabulous weekend !!!!

Heather- I've been thinking about whether you and Lynne knows you. Glad you had this opportunity to meet you.

Kathy- The BBQ Smoker has already beeb testet ? My husband is waiting for delicious recipes
Old 05-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #176
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathleen, I got a pop-up when I went to my blog too...same thing you mentioned, but it is good now. The pop-up came up with Google Chrome, but not Internet Explorer.

Too funny about Lilah and her make-up! Ivy already liked Lip Smackers by that age...she would carry them and the little packages of "Sniffs" tissues in her purse. Now I can hardly get her to comb her hair! Oh well, she will when she wants too. About the Toddlers and Tiaras...Ivy came home early last week and told me her friend was going to be in a pageant; "Mom, it's like Toddlers and Tiaras!" Maddie had been spray tanning all week and her mom bought her a $1,500 dress! Yikes! I don't really hear of girls around here doing pageants. She placed 24th out of 108.

Okay, time to go find a movie and tune in....

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 05-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #177
Forum Fanatic

I still need to update my avatar don't I! Tomorrow I am going to have K take my picture (best remember to paste on some make-up and get some good sunlight)...before my hair grows out!!! I have thought to do this 19 times already--but for some reason it zips out of my head or I have no makeup on and don't want to scare you all!

I bought a Cuddlebug die (Quilling flower) today with my Joanns coupon at my favorite LSS....I am having some fun with it tonight--flowers galore here! Even though I make these flowers with my "bare hands"...it's fun to use a die plate for this style...Why don't Spellbinders and MemoryBox have these dies? Talk about a simple die to whip up a flower in no time--plus they can design a bunch of diff sizes in one packet! Oh well...off on a tangent here>...Making thank you cards for a couple of people here....laundry almost done! AMEN! We have an entire closet in this house completely and totally full of sweatshirts! Imagine that--how many sweatshirts can you wear at ONE time?<--that's something my Mom used to say...too many clothes! Boston teams, Chicago, London, Ohio, you name it...I may wrap my SS goodies in sweatshirt fabric!!! Kidding sister..don't worry, not sending you recycled rags!

Have a fabulous week everyone!

Old 05-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #178
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope you remember Suzanne, we want to see your haircut.

Glenn is feeling better. We are just waiting for Wednesday to get here so we can get this overwith.

I colored several images but at least will be getting one graduation card finished. I also have one kit finished for my SS.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 05-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #179
Forum Fanatic

Angela--Kala has had (2) pricey dresses in her life...Communion gown, with matching bow and jacket ($400) but this will be handed down to future generations. And her prom dress was ($500) which is pretty much the going rate if you don't want a twin at the same dance you are at (we bought it out of the PROM Magazine from NYC)...other than that--if she ever gets married....

The Communion dress got a lot of play though, K was the last to walk up the church aisle at that mass and her partner (boy) had a lil' white suit on (second graders-8 years old)..They looked like cake toppers! K's dress had the prettiest lace and bow in the back...then she was so petite, she's in the front of the entire class photo! Oh she loved dressing up in frillz back then...she still likes girly-girl clothes--high heels and pretty stuff...but she buys her own clothes now..my job is done!

Old 05-07-2012, 03:16 AM   #180
Glitter Guru

Happy Monday !!

Susanne- The only dies i have are Spellbinders, PTI and MFT. I've recently bought a MFT swirl die in a german shop and am totally disappointed. It does not realy punch correctly - not even dp which is thinner than CS. Poor quality- i was pleased so far....

Linda- Great to hear that Glenn is feeling better !
Old 05-07-2012, 03:57 AM   #181
Die Cut Diva

Good morning,

jci after a busy weekend - and gone to catch up
Old 05-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #182
Hardware Hotshot

Imke: Really? There is only one MFT die that I have trouble with and it's their doily. Getting the sandwich straight can be a problem. Sometimes I have problems with Memory Box dies. I actually bent one Yikes. I am SUCH a sucker for dies of all kinds!

Woke up to snow this morning. It's not sticking but it IS a downer on a Monday morning (especially since it was almost a 100 degrees in Denver this weekend)

Although we didn't get a chance to "spa" we still had a great time. We got to talk to a lot of people who are doing exactly what we plan to do and it's starting to feel like we might be able to actually be able to DO this. Deep breath, I think we're going to start in July. We'll do the quilting out of our house for now and are looking to have a store front with fabric in late 2013, early 2014.

So, while we were in the hotel, I saw The Descendents with George Clooney. Did anyone see it? I liked it but I don't think he deserved the Best Actor for it.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #183
Glitter Guru

Joanna- I have several MFT dies and they all work great. Perhaps the swirl has simply a material error-that can happen. Just annoying that I no longer have receipt for exchange. What the heck - it's like it is.
Great news about your business. I wish you much luck and success in your store !!!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #184
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Happy nurses Day/week to all you wonderful nurses in this group. We had quite the scare here yesterday. Crazy weather day. I am attaching a picture of the hospital I work at and the tornado that luckily did not touch down. Scary.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 05-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #185
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, cool picture. Thank heavens that it DIDN'T touch down.

And yes, I meant to post that this morning but forgot ...
HAPPY NURSES WEEK TO MY FAVORITE NURSES
Old 05-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #186
Stazon Splitcoast

I heard that on the news about your tornado NOT touching down. I said thank goodnes, Tracie is safe.

HAPPY NURSES WEEK TO ALL OF OUR NURSES!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 05-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #187
Glitter Guru

Tracie- Stunning picture and luckily nothing happened !
Old 05-08-2012, 04:24 AM   #188
Forum Fanatic

Wow Tracie...very close...amazing photo too!

We had gorgeous weather yesterday and today it's all wet and gloomy! I blame my sister in England--they had this weather and sent it over! haha!

Unsubbed Round 7...Fabulous Round of course **Patti

...I have been picking up odds and ends for this round-- getting into RECYCLE mode which is taking shape!

I received (4) HS grad announcement cards in the mail yesterday--all neices and one nephew--So I am using their school Logo's to create special cards for them!

Oh wanted to share--if you are ever looking for pretty paper for letter writing/announcements/informal invites--ck out Idea Art dot com...very reasonable and every season/theme/occasion decorative paper you could imagine. I always set up our neighborhood BBQ gathering--type up a cute something on decorative stationary...and put it in everyone's mailbox...I need to get the ball rolling on this for this summer.

Hope everyone is having a good day/week!

Happy NURSES WEEK!

Old 05-08-2012, 04:27 AM   #189
Forum Fanatic

Queenie Jo....I didn't see that movie however, George Clooney, although he is very handsome does absolutely NOTHING for me! I know right--like what's all the hooplah about with him? I see him on shows and he is such a dud to me! haha

I guess I am more of a Robin Williams/Bobby DiNiro fan...what can I say...?

Old 05-08-2012, 04:32 AM   #190
Forum Fanatic

Do you all have the silver colored "shimmy" to use with your dies? I think they mention it on the memorybox site demos on line. My LSS suggested it a long time ago and when using this shimmy it gets all the nooks and crannies out of the more decorative dies....<looking in my die stash to see who makes it>Of course I cannot find it...but I think it had a picture of a lil' girl doll type image on it...I want to say it cost me about $14? (not cheap)...but it helps with the dollie dies ...darn..I'll look for it today

Old 05-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #191
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to SizzixQueen

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I have this issue. Anyone use Darice Embossing folders? I cant get them to work in my bigshot. With the plates its too thick, if I take one out (the thin one) its too thin

Oh well. I'm working on my kits, sorry if I dont chat much during the week. Our kids are overbooked this season (as is hubby!)
Old 05-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #192
Hardware Hotshot

I have the gray shimmy and I haven't found that it helps. It makes my machine make a terrible crunching sound, the plate bends horrifically and then I don't like how the paper looks when it comes out. It seems like I need something a tad skinnier.

Sus: I'm not a Clooney fan either. He's OK. Reminds me of Robert Mitchum; this is my sad expression, my happy expression, my surprised ... and they are all the same. KWIM?

I think we plan to take the boys to The Avengers this weekend. They have been begging to go.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #193
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Linda -I finally got my Vagabond out and have been using it. Love it like you said I would. Joanna - hope you had a good girls weekend. We are having a Machine quilting show next weekend. They always have such gorgeous quilts. Can't wait to go. Bought a new car over the weekend. Got a Honda CRV. My car was showing it's age and had several things wrong with it. It takes so much time to look at cars. Now I can put that all behind me and focus on my card making. Need to work on my Mother's Day card.

Vickie - I am counting with you.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 05-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #194
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

OMGoodness Tracie! What a scary picture of the funnel cloud so close to your workplace.

Susanne, I have that metal shim in 2 different sizes and rarely use it!

Danielle, I have a Darice embossing folder and have not had a problem getting it to emboss; actually, the last card I uploaded to my gallery I used the Darice "butterflies in corner" embossing and was in a hurry so used my little Sizzix Texture Embossing machine (of which I cannot get the spellbinders M-bossabilities to go through it), back to the texture machine - it did a great impression with the Darice. If using BigShot with emobssing folders I usually use tab 1, a cutting plate, the embossing folder, and a cutting plate on top and have not had a problem. If I'm using an M-Bossability folder I use tab 2, the embossing folder, and a cutting plate on top and get a good impression.

Need to get back to the scrapbook...kinda, almost, done - in about a week.

Happy Nurses Day to all of our nurses here on this thread. You are all awesome!

See how I get side-tracked....my ATG gun ran out of tape, came over to the cabinet to get another roll and thought I'd just check email etc....so I've been sitting at my computer for at least 30 minutes...really do need to finish the page I've been working on this evening!

Wishing everyone a terrific Tuesday evening and a wonderful tomorrow!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #195
Forum Fanatic

Vickie---QueenieJo...My LSS was all about this shim when it came to intricate dies--so I bought one---guess its not too popular with me either since i still cannot find it..OH..there it is...it's curve like a watermelon on the bottom rack there..see it..yeah...so much for my flat metal shim!!! hahaha Guess I need to sit on it to get it back to shape--no wonder I couldn't find it and YES...it makes noise like a machine is cracking apart! I have also used card board shims...but tinkering around with that can take 1/2 a night!

OH...now that my SS has her goodies..go ck out your TJMAX ladies...I bought AdTech glue runners for cheap cheap!!! 4 in a pack for notta-allot dough! Marshalls didn't have them-

Danielle--I know what you mean with the embossing folders--some work great in my big shot and others don't fit into my Grand Calibur--I always keep the back cardboard of all my pads so I have extra shims-depending on what machine I use...My DH went to grab a pc of this cardboard once and I LEAPED across the basement--yelling NOOOOOOOOOOOO you can't have that!!!! hahaha He looked at me like he was stealing the chair I was sitting in! Got the ol eye roll when I explained those shims are priceless to me..here take this old card stock(he was going to scrap a bucket of old paint with it..how dare he!!!

Old 05-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #196
Stampin' Fool

Been a crazy day here for me! Nickie took Baby J to get his first immunizations today, he got 1 shot in one leg and 2 in the other. I have never seen a baby who has had an adverse reaction to immunizations before. I know that it happens, well Baby J had one to the leg that he was given the one injection in. Poor baby, the area swelled bigger than an egg, was so hot to touch and so red! She took him back to the doc to be checked out, about 3 out of how many have a reaction??? Oh well, he is ok!

Now asking for prayers for my sister Sherrill! I am sure Mom will get on here, she hates to go to the doctor so lets just say that no matter how much anyone tells her she should. She has a cyst that has gotten bigger on her ovary. She did go to the doc in Dec but did not follow up. GRRRR! So, now, she went to the doc and has to have a full cancer screening done on Friday, Mom is going to go with her. She is so scared! She is 4 years younger than me and I so wish I could be there for her!!!!!! So, please keep her in your prayers!

I will be praying for Glenn, he is having surgery Wednesday at 2:30 CST for his kidney stone.
I am not sure what is up with all my families health issues an all, seems like it is always something.

I have been working on my first box!

I wish I had vagabond, I loved Moms. Gonna try to talk my DH into one in the near future I hope. I have a cuttlebug but the hand crank is really killing my shoulders, have been having lots of muscle spasms the last week. GRRRR, need to go back to the doc for increase of my baclofen but when they have tried to adjust it in the past it has really made me sick, it is spread over 4x a day but still. I am taking stronger stuff right now too, but it makes me really groggy! So, story of MS....sorry!!!

I'm not sure if I am gonna get to go to Mom's this summer, we are supposed to start helping with my DMIL. I am still trying to work it out! I not only wanted to go so I could see all my family but end of May would have been my 30th year class reunion. We moved my sophomore year but I went from K-10th, and was so looking forward to seeing everyone. Oh well, maybe later in the summer.

Tracie, glad that tornado missed the hospital, glad your safe!

Happy Nurses week to all of the nurses on here, and thanks for those who wished us all a happy day.

DH has a doc appt in the morning and then he has to go and look at my DD Jennifer's electrical issues. Prob replace a breaker.

Better go, I am helping with Baby J!

Last edited by leslie0090; 05-09-2012 at 12:11 AM..
Old 05-09-2012, 06:39 AM   #197
Hardware Hotshot

Hey everyone!! I'm having an "ohmm" morning...you know, that sound they make on tv when someone is meditating? "Ohmmmmm, Ohmmmm".

I woke up early this morning and had a good feeding with Claire. There's something very peaceful about a baby eating, especially on an early morning when you can watch out the window at the birds in the tree. And the sounds of happiness Claire makes are so satisfying.

She sleeps very well in the mornings and usually I crawl back in bed with her. This morning, I've been energized by my "ohm" and decided to come down to my craft room with a tea and donut. I've quickly discovered that while the sound of your happy child is heavenly, almost as wonderful is the sound of a mother having a few quiet minutes to herself...."ohmmmmm".

PLUS...today my aunt and uncle are arriving from out of province and get to meet Claire and I get to treat myself to an appointment at the salon.

Like I said, it's a very "ohm" day around here!!

Denise, I hope you and your family are feeling better. Your story about J's immunizations don't make me happy. Claire is due for hers and I've delayed it a bit...not much....I'm just so afraid of a poor reaction. I have a friend whose had bad reactions amongst her kids and as a new mom, I just don't think I'm ready for that!!! Let Linda know we're thinking of her and Glenn.

Danielle, I haven't used the Darice folders, sorry. The only thing I could think of was adding a cardboard/cardstock shim to see if that helped.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #198
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to SizzixQueen

Joanne how was the movie? I've heard alot about it, my kids have asked to see it too!

Susanne - thanks for the advice. I'll try it. I was so disapointed because its the wood grain one and I've wanted that forever.

I got a kit today from here - my first kit!! So thank you to my SS, I have never worked with anything distressed before so the paper pack will be a nice challenge for me! I'm up for it I love the die and the stamps and the buttons. *swoon* dies and buttons make me crazy

Heather how did the appt go? I love going to the salon, I feel so pampered!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #199
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everybody!

Linda, I hope everything goes well for Glenn.

Imke, I have never had any troubles with my MFT dies. I keep a couple of pieces of CS between my plates all of the time. When I use the Spellbinders dies, it helps to emboss them so I only have to make one pass through the Cuttlebug.

Wow, Danielle, someone is on the ball!

Davis went to Avengers, with a friend, and really liked it; he said the theatre was packed.

I just returned from taking Ivy to the Dr. (again! ) She now has a bad cold and an ear infection. I think her body was so compromised from the bronchitis, she just couldn't fight anything else off. Since her eardrum ruptured 4 years ago, I get her to the Dr. ASAP if she tells me her ear hurts. To compound it all, she has to start allergy medication too. Poor kid.

Denise, scary about the vaccination reaction! How is Baby J today?

Heather, we only let our kids receive 1/2 of the scheduled shots at a time. We would go back in a week or so to get the rest. Sometimes there were so many scheduled. We were not comfortable injecting an infant with everything at once. Our Dr. was very understanding about it.

My brother is bringing 2 chocolate labs over for me to photograph; will post some pics if I get any good ones. You never know, because they are always on the move. I might take them over to my neighbors; she lost her lab quite awhile ago. She was excited when she heard we were getting one...I bet she will get another too.

Am hoping to get crafty this afternoon...after laundry and all that fun stuff!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow

Last edited by monkeymama; 05-09-2012 at 09:09 AM..
Old 05-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #200
Glitter Guru

Tracie, that is scary, glad you were safe and it didn't touch down.

Angela, can't wait to see some pics of the pups. Sorry Ivy is still under the weather. Hopefully she can kick this cold quickly and feel better.

Denise, wow, you guys are hopping all the time. Sorry to hear about baby J's leg, that stinks. My ds3 always gets a big egg size swelling after every immunization, but it doesn't seem to cause any more than a bit of discomfort. Your poor little guy is so small, he is probably miserable. Your dd is so lucky to have your help. Hoping everything works out well for your sister, too and it isn't serious. Glad your mom can go to the Dr. with her.

Heather, sounds like a great morning! I agree, nothing like the sound of a sleeping baby, lol! Gives mama a little free time. Enjoy your salon time!

I must be the only one who loves that metal shim. I find the Cherry Lynn doily and border dies don't cut all the way through with out using it.

Imke, sorry your MFT die isn't cutting well, I wonder if you emailed Kim at MFT and offered to send it back, it they would replace it. It sounds like something might be wrong with it.

Hope you are all doing well today. It's rainy and dreary here today, and I pulled my back somehow. I think it was yesterday wrestling Lilah into the stroller. I couldn't stand the pain last night, I had to take Aleve and use the heating pad. Today it's only really bad if I'm sitting or trying to go up the stairs, ugh! I don't have time for a back pull, lol! I'll keep popping the Aleve!
Closed Thread