Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Of course, there are people like me who spent all of her Christmas money one year to buy that set off of ebay!! LOL
I would have done the same thing but could never find it on ebay. I LOVE that set and had a few images sent to me through WRAK so I have made cards but I really want that stamp set.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #42
Gallery Gazer

Cardmaking Likes:
1. 6x6 papers are a new addiction.
2. Sentiments
3. Embossing folders

Cardmaking Dislikes:
1. The usual suspects - eyelets and stickers
2. Realistic Fantasy images - wait, is there such a thing? What I mean is, I adore cute dragons and the occasional cute fairy, but "serious" fantasy art isn't my cup of tea.

Birthdate: April 15th

What is your favorite color? Blue, generally. Favorite stamping colors are the bold colors and practically anything named after a fruit (Razzleberry, Melon, Kiwi).

Favorite holiday? Christmas.

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try? I like SU, Riley & Co, The Greeting Farm, CC Designs, Penny Black. I would like to try more MFT, Krafty Kimmie and Whipper Snapper.

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat? licorice, root beer flavored candies, chocolate.

Hobbies? Reading, crafting, movies, camping.

Any special info your Sis should know? Can't think of anything!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #43
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to SizzixQueen

This is my 1st round - is there a "secret" name/login we can use?
Old 04-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

Please fill out the following questionnaire and post to the thread in order to help your Sis get to know you:

Cardmaking Likes:
Matchy-matchy
2. Fun embellies...brads, flowers, pretty ribbons
3.. Small scale DP...florals, stripes, ditzy dots, text prints, numbers, etc
4. Glitter! Love it...loose, glitter paper, glitter brads, Stickles! My favorite glitter that I've tried is (Barbara Trombley's) Art Glitter...amazing, gorgeous colors!

Cardmaking Dislikes:

Birthdate: March 10

What is your favorite color? PINK---I am wearing some today!

Favorite holiday? I enjoy making cards for Christmas and Halloween.

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try? I tend to go hog wild and buy a lot of my favorites. I have most of the Stampendous Changitos (love him!), a lot of MFT PI and a' la Modes, The Cat's Pajamas, and Stamping Bella.
I like digi images too...Mo Manning, Tiddly Inks, Some Odd Girl.
Lili of the Valley...I love these and have a couple of the older ones. Flourishes Fruits (Susanne gave me the lemons...luscious!) I have seen a lot of cute There She Goes Images too.

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat? Hershey's Nuggets Extra Creamy Milk Chocolate with Toffee and Almonds, Salted Caramel Chocolate (thanks to Kathleen!), Crystal Light Wild Strawberry.

Hobbies? Baking, cardmaking, reading, my kids' activities, outdoor things in the summer...walking, biking, boating.

Any special info your Sis should know? I guess I would call my style "cutesy", but I really like vintage and shabby-chic too, even though I am not so good at it. I am amazed by people who color well...wish I could go to a class sometime...I think that would be fun. I love the way some people layer their diecuts...which I could come up with ideas like that. I would like to try scrapbooking.
We are getting a puppy in 3 weeks; plan to make mini scrapbooks for the kids...wish me luck with that! LOL

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Doodle Pantry, From the Heart Stamps, Sketch Saturday, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 04-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a couple more questions:

Do you have any stamping goals?

Is there anything special you would like to try? Such as a product or technique?

I design for: Bugaboo, Doodle Pantry, From the Heart Stamps, Sketch Saturday, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 04-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #46
Die Cut Diva

I'm so excited - I got my secret sister and can't wait to get started. What "kind" of recycling do you mean?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #47
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzixQueen View Post
This is my 1st round - is there a "secret" name/login we can use?
Nope. We just openly chat here in the forum amongst ourselves and don't spill the beans if you do figure out your sister, she figures out you or you know someone else's sister. Occasionally, we find out our SS because of mailing complications (coming and going between countries), so in that case you may "chat" with your sis in packages, but don't tell the others on the thread.

If you need to ask your sister something, just message Jessica and she'll be intermediary.

We did get an email with our info, but I think that was because in a previous round, someone surprised their SIS with a digi image...but I could be wrong.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #48
Hardware Hotshot

Not really. I'd love to be on the DT of a major stamp or die manufacturing company someday but this goal is certainly not immediate! In the meantime, I'm just having fun

Is there anything special you would like to try? Such as a product or technique?
Hmmm, I can't think of anything off the top of my head but I know as people answer this question, I will think, "me too!"

I have a question for everyone that really helped me last round.

#1 what stamp stores are near you (I'm thinking chains, not LSS). There is no point in me buying from a store if you can get the same stuff in YOUR store!

{my answers} Archivers, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and Joanne

DT: Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
MyBlog /Gallery
Old 04-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #49
Insane Embellisher

Thank you for answering me so quickly! I appreciate it

Anyone have weekend plans? Our son is at baseball tonight 8pm-10pm game, and its freezing. DH was nice enough to go so my youngest and I could stay home!

Saturday its baseball again and swimming lessons for the kids, plus were going to try to go to a carnival tomorrow night. Gotta squeeze in some fun
Old 04-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #50
Stampin' Fool

I just returned home from Redding. My Father in law passed away on Wednesday. I am exhausted and will get my answers up tomorrow! Will be traveling back there in 2 weeks for the memorial.

Thanks Jess for hosting!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #51
Insane Embellisher

Leslie I'm so sorry to hear about your father, your in my thoughts
Old 04-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #52
Gallery Gazer

For 2012? Find time to keep stamping!!! But, I'm also going to try scrapbooking, although I"m going to go digital with that.

Distress inks are starting to intrigue me.

#1 what stamp stores are near you (I'm thinking chains, not LSS).
Micheals. I don't think Hobby Lobby or Archivers are in Canada.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #53
Die Cut Diva

I hope my sister posts her survey soon. I can't wait to get started!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #54
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Denise, I am so sorry about your FIL. He's been sick hasn't he? Please know that you are in my thoughts.

Heather: I need to scrapbook more too. The last party that I put in the book was TJ's third birthday. He'll be 7 in July. I just can NOT get into it like before.

DT: Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
MyBlog /Gallery
Old 04-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #55
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Heather: I need to scrapbook more too. The last party that I put in the book was TJ's third birthday. He'll be 7 in July. I just can NOT get into it like before.
I tried digi scrapbooking before, but wanted something to get me off the computer. Took to cardmaking instead. I find traditional scrapbooking too overwhelming. I like to "play", so cutting or cropping pictures that you can't "undo" makes me crazy. Now that I have my non-computer hobby, I figure I can get back to scrapbooking digi and not feel so bad about it.

Plus, now I need to do something with the thousands of pictures we've taken and still will take of the Claire-bear.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:15 AM   #56
Stampin' Fool

Cardmaking Likes:
1. small printed DP that matches, love the 6x6 pads
2. Flowers, dies, ribbon
3. any kind of bling

Cardmaking Dislikes:
1. stickers
2. twine, buttons
3. Vintage
4. Eyelets

Birthdate: July 11

What is your favorite color? Pink and brown, pastels

Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try? I have several stamp companies, I love Magnolias, Mo Manning, Lily of the Valley, Kraftin Kimmie, Stampavia

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat? Anything chocolate and carmel

Hobbies? Scrapbooking, cardmaking, reading and spending time with my family. I have 8 grandchilden and 6 step grandkids

Any special info your Sis should know? I am not picky at all.

For 2012? Start making cards again, get all my stamping stuff unpacked and a new stamping area together; start both new babies their baby books I am doing for the girls instead of them buying baby books

#1 what stamp stores are near you (I'm thinking chains, not LSS). I have a Michael's and JoAnns BUT I DO HAVE AN AWESOME LSS!

Last edited by leslie0090; 04-28-2012 at 04:04 PM..
Old 04-28-2012, 02:24 AM   #57
Stampin' Fool

[QUOTE=Queenbee Jo;19388114]Oh Denise, I am so sorry about your FIL. He's been sick hasn't he? Please know that you are in my thoughts.

Heather: I need to scrapbook more too. The last party that I put in the book was TJ's third birthday. He'll be 7 in July. I just can NOT get into it like before.[/QUOTE

Joanna,
Thank you and yes my FIL has been sick for along time. He suffered for along time. My MIL is having a really hard time because they were married for 65 years. She is sleeping on her couch right now because she says she can't sleep in her bed room. My MIL has Alzheimer it is bad enough that she can't live on her own so my SIL is staying with her.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:10 AM   #58
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Cardmaking Likes:
1. 6 x 6 paper pads - totally addicted to them
2. dies (memory box, sizzix, spellbinders, MFT, PTI, like vickie - love them all)
3. stamps or stamped images where I can use my copics to color

Cardmaking Dislikes:
1. flat stickers (it’s not that I dislike them, I don’t use them)
2. eyelets (Although would like the big ones if I could figure out how to use them)

Birthdate: May23

What is your favorite color? Right now it is peach or blue but love all colors

Favorite holiday? Love all holidays - Maybe valentine because I love hearts

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try? JustRite stamps and dies to match, MFT stamps and dies, PTI stamps and dies, Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies, Hero Arts stamps and dies, Our Daily Bread stamps and dies, Our Cats Pajamas stamps and dies; actually, I LOVE ALL stamps from any company! (Sorry Vicky - just copied yours because I would love all these - also Prickley Pear)

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat? Chocolate with mint, Bit O Honey - Actually I have quite the sweet tooth - Haven't met a candy I didn't like.

Hobbies? Cardmaking, quilting and shopping

Any special info your Sis should know? I would love anything my sister would send me. I have alot of SU product and wouldn't need that.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas
Old 04-28-2012, 04:14 AM   #59
SCS BRAK Coordinator

For 2012? Not really - just keep doing wht |I love

I love trying new techniques and I am always a sucker for anything new that comes out.

#1 what stamp stores are near you (I'm thinking chains, not LSS).
Micheals, Hobby Lobby, Joann fabrics, Archivers (very lucky to have them all)

Old 04-28-2012, 04:37 AM   #60
Gabfest Goddess

Good Saturday morning! Just got home from working 7 outta 8 nights; now off for 4 in a row. I am beyond excited, especially since I think I will be getting some crafting time in...

Denise, I am so sorry to hear about your FIL . It must be hard for your MIL after 65 years of marriage! How is your DH handling it? Sounds like you are still gonna be one busy lady, traveling back and forth again! My sympathies.

WELCOME to Angie and Danielle!! It will be so much fun getting to know you....and hopefully our crazy bunch will not scare you away! Seriously, these ladies are awesome, you will have a blast in this group!

Thought I'd answer Angela's questions, and also Jo's about the LSS (great idea!)

Do you have any stamping goals? I recently straightened up my craft cave and found that I have dozens of stamps and stamp sets that have never seen ink! So, my goal is to make some cards with at least 10 new stamps in the next 3 months.

I just took an online course by Tim Holtz called "Creative Chemistry" and he taught about all different types of mediums for crafting. I did buy a few of his distress inks to try, so I'm going to work on that.

What stamp stores are near you (I'm thinking chains, not LSS)? There is no point in me buying from a store if you can get the same stuff in YOUR store Michael's, JoAnn's, and Archiver's are all less than 10 miles from me. I tend to go to Mike's or Jo's for "basics" and Archiver's for the newest stuff out there.

And with that, my friends, I am off to bed for a few hours. It is chilly (40ish degrees today) and grey outside, so it's a great day for sleeping. But I don't want to waste all my time sleeping, I have stuff to do! Wishing you all a great weekend!
Old 04-28-2012, 05:51 AM   #61
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Do you have any stamping goals?After I retire (yay! 45 more working days!), I plan to do more SCS and Blog challenges.

Is there anything special you would like to try? Such as a product or technique?(Just like Tracie! LOL) I too, am a sucker for anything new that comes out!

#1 what stamp stores are near you (I'm thinking chains, not LSS).My area is very limited; there are no LSS close; my only stamp store shopping choices are from Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joanns; once in a while I take the 2 hour one-way drive to Archivers.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #62
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Denise - So sorry to hear about your FIL. I know he has been sick for a while. I will be thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #63
Hardware Hotshot

Cardmaking Likes:
1. Like Angela I have really gotten into matchy matchy stuff. I guess thats why I like PTI so much...it all matches.
2. Love 6x6 paper pads (especially Prima's Sun Kissed)
3. I love dies and die cut images...so easy to just pull them from an envelope and used them.
4. Can't seem to get enough adhesive pearls and gems...love them!!

Cardmaking Dislikes:
1. Not crazy about Greeting Farm type images. Some are a little scary.

Birthdate: October 15th

What is your favorite color? I use a lot of PTI's Aqua Mist and Teal colors also. They go well with so many other colors.

Favorite holiday? Halloween and Fourth of July

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try? I love Lockhart stamps and Penny Black, Flourishes. My favorite right now are the Lilly of the Valley stamps, so darling.

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat? trail mix and chocolate.

Hobbies? Reading, crafting, movies! Especially older movies.

Any special info your Sis should know? I love to color with Copics and make lots of cards...not hard to please.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #64
Hardware Hotshot

Do you have any stamping goals? I think it would be so much easier to create if my craft room was more organized. Going to work on it.

Is there anything special you would like to try? Such as a product or technique? I am very curious about the distress inks, but haven't bought any yet.

#1 what stamp stores are near you (I'm thinking chains, not LSS). We have a Michaels, Hobby Lobby and JoAnnes close by. Love Archivers but the closest is about 2 hours away.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #65
Stazon Splitcoast

Cardmaking Likes:
1. Images that are fun to color with Copics
2. DPs of all types -- it really borders on obsession!
3. Ribbon, see comment above!
4. Sentiments: funny, profound, and everything in between (except mean)

Cardmaking Dislikes:
1. Images that are too intricate to color with Copics (at least for me!)

Birthdate: 9/11

What is your favorite color? Blue, but in cardmaking I use 'em all!

Favorite holiday? Christmas, when I am not feeling overwhelmed.

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try? Love Pure Innocence, a la modes, Papertrey, sentiments

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat? Chocolate in all its forms. Fave candy is Reeses, but I always get the pull-apart Twizzlers for movies. Coffee is a daily treat.

Hobbies?
Gardening, reading, homesteading (love those DIYs!)

Any special info your Sis should know?
Our family (DH and three DDs) all love animals and the great outdoors
Old 04-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #66
Stazon Splitcoast

Do you have any stamping goals? Like Joanna, someday I would like to be on a big companies DT but for now am happy with what I am doing. Trying to improve with my Copics.

Is there anything special you would like to try? Such as a product or technique? I can't think of anything right now.

#1 what stamp stores are near you (I'm thinking chains, not LSS). All I have is Hobby Lobby! I have what I call a LSS an hour a way and several Michaels about 1 1/2 hrs away but don't go to Michaels or Joanns because I hate driving in Tulsa. I have to wait for Denise to come home and then we do go often.
Pat, I love matchy matchy too. I love SU old colors that they got rid of and PTI colors and ribbons etc. Hope you are having fun at all the crops this weekend. I swear someday I am going to sneak in on you and go with you someday.

Jess, I hope Kara is better. She is in our prayers.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 04-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #67
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
I have a couple more questions:

I'm with Pat -- I SO want to organize my craft room. Wouldn't it be wonderful to actually find items you know you have??

I am fascinated by all new products and techniques! Older ones, too.

We are very lucky as far as scrapbook stores go in this area. We have Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Archivers, and a really nice LSS.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #68
Stazon Splitcoast

Denise --so sorry to hear about your FIL. Best wishes and hugs to you and your MIL.

Kara is staying stable, but I would really like it if she would go back to not needing to be on oxygen.

Our big excitement tonight is all the tornado sirens. So far it has just been nasty hail that covered our deck. Hope everyone else is out of the path of these storms!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #69
Stampin' Fool

I want to thank everyone for the nice thoughts about my FIL and MIL. It was expected and we are glad he no longer suffering, but still always hard to say goodbye to a loved one. I don't know how my MIL will be? I do know that my SIL is planning on taking her up to Oregon after the service in a few weeks so that will be great for her. She still has a sister living there and she hasn't seen her in a long time. It will be good for her. She will probably come and stay here with us for alittle bit too. We just aren't sure how we are going to work it out yet but had discussed in past that we would share care of my MIL.

I updated my questionnaire, just wanted to let my SS know...I did it in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep and forgot a few things.

I have been having some muscle spasms in my left shoulder and side of my neck from my MS, while we were in Redding Jen went with my SIL and MIL to get ice cream and I kept Annamarie and John, she was sleeping. John jumped off the couch onto the airbed and woke her up, well she cried for 45 minutes straight, so not only have my spasms continued it is sore from carting her around the other night. DH tried to help me but she just screamed louder, funny thing, soon as momma walked in the door she just stopped. It was so funny, the big crocodile tears stopped and everything. I guess I will have to stop teasing Annamarie's daddy because she does that everytime Jen leaves her with him. DH told Jen until she stops nursing she cant leave her anymore, of course he was teasing, but OMG, I was ready to pull my hair out. Jen drove a car home from Redding that my MIL had given her (yea!!! I do not have to taxi her and kids) awhile ago and Annamarie cried most of the way home. A 3 hour drive took 4 to 4 and 1/2 because we had to stop so much because Jen said she just couldn't take the screaming, Annamarie doesn't like traveling so much!!!!! We followed to make sure the car was ok. It hadn't been driven for several years, but was kept up and ran until the day they just parked it and bought a new one. It is a 1988 Honda but it runs great. She is very happy. Beats walking!!!!

Jess, I sure am praying that Kara is able to get off of oxygen soon. I am so glad she is better though! It's like I told Kathy, I don't know how you do what you do, with your DT duties, working, and your family, you are a busy lady too.

NOT that I am saying the rest of you ladies aren't busy because I know everyone is!!!!!

Welcome to Angie and Danielle, just so you guys know, Linda is my Mom and I go by Denise or you can call me Leslie. Long story there, I do answer to both.......You can ask my MOTHER why I have to go by different names.....LOL HAHAHAHA I love ya Mom!!!!!
I am sure we won't scare ya off, we aren't scary at all!!!!!!

Our renter moved in and we didn't finish painting. UHG, so know we have to paint the kitchen with her in there. GRRRRR, Oh well. We did get everything else done. So, I am happy. It will get a new roof this summer and a paint on the outside this summer when we are for sure out of our rainy season. So, glad that DH was a contractor before becoming a nurse. Sorry Jess, not rubbing it in really!!!!!!! I still have to finish painting my living room. I know I know, I was supposed to have it done before my Mom even got here, well that didn't happen. It will get done though because I want my pictures on the wall.

I did make my first card in a long time the other day for my reveal package!!!!! I am now officially back to card making...............YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA and I even started 1 of the girls baby scrap books.

Patricia I am glad you have 3 nights off. I hope you do get to craft and enjoy your days/nights off!

DH is not feeling very good, I think he has a sinus infection. It was so funny because I was pushing below his eyes and asking if it hurt and he says what are you doing???? I told him I'm just checking below your eyes, does it hurt. He said you are not a doctor, I said, No but I'm a nurse too!!! And you are always trying to diagnose me so why can't I do the same......He just laughed at me........hmmmmmm.

Nickie and Baby J will be back tomorrow. She has been in Redding visiting with friends. I saw him when we over there and OMG he s getting so big.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #70
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Okay girls - I have a totally off the wall question for all you knowledgeable people. I went on a little weekend trip with a friend and my sister. I came home to find that my vacuum cleaner had quit working. Burnt up the motor - must of been the shock of DH doing the vacuuming before I came home. LOL! No, really he is a big help. I have had this vacuum for 28 years. I love upright - What does everyone recommend?

See I told you it was off the wall. Trying to put together my kits for my new SS this weekend. Can't wait to get it in the mail.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #71
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everybody! I love to read everyone's answers to the questions!

No track today, but I will post a picture of Ivy highjumping on Thursday. The shot was taken before she went over the bar...it was a good jump, but hard to time the shot. I need a camera that is better for action shots.

We got to see the puppies today; they are huge! Even the smallest one is large. We were there before 8 a.m. which was a good time because they were very active...up wagging their tails, playing with each other, growling and even some little barks. Here's a picture of one of the charcoal females. She was sweet and her mama was okay with us handling her.
Attached Thumbnails
ivy-04-26-12.jpg   ivy-4-wk.-old-puppy-04-28-12.jpg   davis-4-wk.-old-puppy-04-28-12.jpg  

Old 04-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #72
Forum Fanatic

OH my gosh....it happened again..Thanks Jess for sending the linkiepoo! Haha...It's like I don't even know where to find you people w/o a personal invitation! DER!

OK, I am going to think, and work on my profile list and possibly watch "Something's Gotta Give" while playing with my NEW stuff from the CK convention!!!

Welcome newbies! Angie and Danielle....Welcome back Tanja..and thanks so much Jess for keepin' us in line!!!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 04-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #73
Forum Fanatic

SCS is actin' a lil' wonky with me---looked like I was dumped and my last note appeared on page -2- out of the blue!

Angela...awwwwwwwwww so cute...wow on IVY's high jump track move OUCH! Ahhh..to be young and flexy again!!! haha

OK, must go fill out my form...have a good night everyone!

Old 04-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #74
Forum Fanatic

Tracie, We own a good ol' fashion Hoover that needs bags! It weights 4,000 pounds and I just despise it! I liked out old light weight Hoover with the removable canister--all the dirt gets thrown away with every vacuum is my kinda cleanin'! However, darlin' Hubs (who is our resident vacuum guy) likes this one!

My SIL has one of those yellow--"D" twirly kinds (expensive, but can whip through around furniture like there is no tomorrow)...Swedish brand D something...see I despise vacuuming so much-I cannot even recall the name! Good luck-do your on-line vs in store research--one usually knocks down the price of the other! If you buy from Sears-have them ship it to a store (no shipping costs)...good luck--OH,,,make sure your vacuum bags are a standard style or you'll be sending away to the North Pole for replacement bags!!!

Old 04-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #75
Forum Fanatic

Tracie, We own a good ol' fashion Hoover that needs bags! It weights 4,000 pounds and I just despise it! I liked out old light weight Hoover with the removable canister--all the dirt gets thrown away with every vacuum is my kinda cleanin'! However, darlin' Hubs (who is our resident vacuum guy) likes this one!

My SIL has one of those yellow--"D" twirly kinds (expensive, but can whip through around furniture like there is no tomorrow)...Swedish brand D something...see I despise vacuuming so much-I cannot even recall the name! Good luck-do your on-line vs in store research--one usually knocks down the price of the other! If you buy from Sears-have them ship it to a store (no shipping costs)...good luck--OH,,,make sure your vacuum bags are a standard style or you'll be sending away to the North Pole for replacement bags!!!

Old 04-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #76
Forum Fanatic

Card making Likes:
1. Fun & Squirrely things you can glue to a card or alternative art item
2. Stamps, punches, dies, humorous stamps/sentiments
3. New crafts/ideas/concepts to incorporate onto a card
4. Templates-I teach classes so always look for NEW ideas to share!

Card making Dislikes:
1. Not big on brown, lemon yellow, dull/neon colors
2. Not a "grunge gal"

Birthdate: May 27th

What are your favorite color? Blues, greens, raspberries, periwinkle, golden yellows, very light pink and black.

Favorite holiday? BIRTHDAYS-covers every season! (I send cards for no reason too…it must be the Gemini communicator in me!) I am going to leave this wide open!

Favorite stamp company I want to try: Kraftin’ Kimmie Lulu and Flower girls, Rubbernecker funny fish, Whippersnapper-cute “goofy” and maybe venture into digital? (I have never used a digi images— on the learning curve with this format!

Favorite snack or treat? Mike n Ike’s, Chewy Lifesavers, Peppermints

Hobbies? Quilling, Loom knitting in fall/winter, alternative art projects, baking, trying new recipes-just bought my first set of Wilton decorating tools!

Any special info your Sis should know? Married 27 years this June 2nd, Mom of (3 TEENS!!!), dog lover, feeds left over salad to neighbor’s chickens!!! Ha-ha, I teach monthly card classes on my own, want so badly to grow this business to my basement ‘headquarters’. Pen-pals w/ friends & sister overseas –Sheepishly horse around writing humorous short stories. I am one of (6) in my family—I am the main communicator and write, text, email, send cards—keep us all on track! I listen to music (alternative rock, blues,) NPR radio; watch TV and movies on my computer while I work…I stay up late and get up early!

Do you have any stamping goals? To be able to make a large amount of cards in one setting! I get carried-away in details-have to tell a story with my cards!

Is there anything special you would like to try? Such as a product or technique? I have never tried any mists sprays-thinking...which color should I buy first?

What stamp stores are near you (I'm thinking chains, not LSS). I have Michaels, ACMoore, and Joann's. Hobby Lobby is close enough but not opened on Sunday's-so I need to get there one of these day's!

Last edited by Susanne527; 04-28-2012 at 07:53 PM..
Old 04-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #77
Forum Fanatic

Ahhh...my homework is done for the evening!!! hahaha

One of these rounds I'll be able to color/bold my profile w/o 92 edits!!! hahahaha

Old 04-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #78
Stampin' Fool

As promised some updated pictures of the new grandbabies!!!! I know that those of you I am friends with on facebook see them, sorry.

Have any of you used the Heartfelt Creations stamps??? I was looking at them because they have some new western ones and wondering if you have used the brand.

I know I already wrote a book today but wanted to get some pics on. Baby J has grown so much. Boy, once he decided to start gaining weight he hasn't stopped. I have to tell you Nickie (Baby J's Momma) an DH and I are very very staunch SF Giants fans!!!! You will see why I say this!!!!!

I know we ask this question last round but it helped me some and so I want to put it out.
Is there something that you use alot and run out of, or always could use?

Ok now for the pictures.............

So the first 2 of Baby J : the first one is from last week and the second is from just 2 days ago. Can you see how much he grew in just a week????

The 2 of Annamarie, first from Easter and the other from Wednesday when she was mad at her Momma from putting her in her car seat again so we could get in the car again.

Then of course John! I just love his curls, his Momma used to have curls like that when she was little. John is helping his Papa plant flowers for me!!!!

Anyway I hope you enjoy, I am headed to bed because I have to drive half way to Redding in the morning to meet Nickie and Baby J, her girlfriend's car broke down so someone else is bring her and we are meeting them part way.
Attached Thumbnails
4-16.jpg   little-sf-giants-fan.jpg   baby-j-2.jpg   annamarie-easter-dress.jpg   annamarie-mad-put-back-her-carseat-wednesday.jpg  

john-helping-papa.jpg  
Old 04-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #79
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
A Dyson. I've heard really great things about them.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #80
Gallery Gazer

Denise, those babies are cute!! I love the look an Annamarie's face in the carseat. I get that look from Claire occasionally.
Closed Thread