Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Round 9 Secret Sister Card Kit Swap: Closed/Chatting/Mailing

Welcome to Round 9 of the Secret Sister Card Kit Swap!

***Special thanks to Jessica (jlazarski) for her awesome job hosting Round 8!

***We will run from August through November/December. This round we will mix it up a bit and break into 3 groups, "showering" 1 person in our group each month. Limit of $15-20.

Card Kit Contents:
1. 2-3 stamped images---please use Copic-friendly ink and leave room for cropping.

2. Two 6"x6" pieces of DP

3. Minimum of 12 inches of ribbon, cord, fiber, trim, etc.

4. Set of embellishments: Examples are brads, eyelets, charms, hardware, gems, flowers, etc.

5. Last, but not least, the EXTRAS!!! These are the things that make a good kit great: Examples are CS for card base, envelopes, punched or die cut shapes, picture of a finished card using the supplies, extra paper (images, ribbon, or embellies) etc. Think of a kit you have gotten in a swap that made you say "Wow"---that's the idea!

Special Hints:
***Please coordinate the contents of your kit.

***Please stamp with a juicy pad to ensure your images are dark, crisp, and clean.

***As always, please feel free to contact me anytime with questions or concerns.

***If you upload a card made with a kit, could you please use the code SSCKS9? Thanks, that way they will all be in the same gallery!

Group 1:
Denise <--- Shower in August
Susanne <--- Shower in September
Pat <--- Shower in October
Vickie <--- Shower in November
Imke <--- Shower in December

Group 2:
Heather <--- Shower in August
Kathleen <--- Shower in September
Tracie <--- Shower in October
Patti <--- Shower in November
Angela <---Shower in December

Group 3:
Jessica <--- Shower in August
Joanna <--- Shower in September
Angie <--- Shower in October
Linda <--- Shower in November
Angela <---Shower in December

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow

Last edited by monkeymama; 08-01-2012 at 05:21 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome friends!

We have 14 players this round, so group 3 only has 4 players; I had to switch a couple of names to divide the international players, 1 to a group.

Please fill out the following questionnaire and post to the thread in order to help your Sis get to know you:

Cardmaking Likes:

Cardmaking Dislikes:

Birthdate:

What is your favorite color?

Favorite holiday?

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try?

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat?

Hobbies?

Any special info your Sis should know?

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 07-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks, Angela for getting this round together. Just wondering:

Do we start with the first person in each group for August, then the next person the next month? For example, I am in group 2, so we send to Heather in August, Kathleen in September, Tracie in October, me in November, and Angela in December?

Thanks! I'm off to work on my questionnaire...
Old 07-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Gabfest Goddess

Cardmaking Likes:
1. Self stick (adhesive) gems, pearls, etc
2. Metal charms to attach to ribbons
3. Ribbon, fibers, twine

My biggest "like" is that everything coordinates! There’s not a whole lot that I dislike. If I can’t use it in card making, I can usually use it when I scrapbook.

Cardmaking Dislikes:
I really can't think of anything I dislike.

Birthdate: October 4

What is your favorite color? I tend to like cool blues, greens, and purples. I wear lots of greens because it complements my complexion and red hair. But I use any color when I make cards or scrap.

Favorite holiday? My birthday is my favorite holiday and one I usually celebrate all week! I love Christmas Eve for all the tradition our family has, and 4th of July for the huge family picnic. I don't usually send 4th of July, or Halloween cards, tho!

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try? I can usually find something I like from most any stamp company. There are so many companies out there now, and such a huge variety, that I really don't have a favorite. I am willing to try images from any company that my sis really likes (or happens to design for!)

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat? Love red Twizzlers and “SIMPLY CARAMEL” bars by Milky Way

Hobbies? Stampin’, Scrapbooking, reading, spending time with my grandson, Daniel. And I do a great job at napping!!

Ok, editing to add: Ladies, please do not send me any stamps. I would much prefer to receive some of your favorite stamped images. Please don't think me ungrateful for your generosity, but I have more stamps that have not yet seen ink, and would like the variety you'd be able to send with 2 or 3 stamped images. Thanks!!

Last edited by MommaPatti; 07-29-2012 at 09:37 AM..
Old 07-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #5
Forum Fanatic

Wow Angela---you are organized! This looks like fun!

Patti hit the nail on the head....except the last group is short a month/person?

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 07-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
Die Cut Diva

Hooray!!! Off to work on my questionaire!!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello, Ladies!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #8
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Thanks Angela for getting this posted. The fun continues.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Meljen's Designs
Old 07-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

Patti, good tip about the stamps vs. images...that's the kind of things we need to know! Also, I think what you suggested about going in order the way the groups are listed sounds good. That way we can refer back to the first post. What do you all think, ladies?

Susanne, I know there is an uneven number and Group 3 is missing a person. I would be happy to step in and round the group out if it is okay with the ladies in that group. Let me know if that is what you all would like to do.

We just gave my Dad a tour of the upstairs. He hasn't seen all of the finish work or the furniture. This house was his parents retirement house when they moved off the farm. We still need to install the baseboards, doorknobs, lighting fixtures, and railing; waiting for our contractor to recover from his defibrillator placement. It is getting closer to being done! How come it always takes so much longer than planned?

Old 07-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
Forum Fanatic

Round #9
Card making Likes:

1. Charms and mini button shapes
2. Coordinated DP patterns
3. Spellbinder/MemoryBox dies

Card making Dislikes:
1. Brown, lemon yellow, neon, grunge or steampunk!

Birthdate: May 27th

What are your favorite colorsss? Blues, greens, rosy-red, deep raspberry, periwinkle, purples golden yellows, silver and black. Stripes/polka dots patterns too!

Favorite holiday? Birthday’s, Halloween & Christmas (I send “Just B’Cuz” cards too!)

Favorite stamp company I want to try: Kraftin’ Kimmie; Lulu/Flower girls and their fun round sentiments, Too Much Fun Stamps, for the more serious side of me; Quickfire Designs-calligraphy sentiments, Verve Sentiments (the above are all new to me) and I always love SU (Thanks to Patti!)

Favorite snack or treat? Chewy, salty, minty—

Hobbies? Quilling in 2 & 3 dimensionally, Loom knitting in fall/winter, alternative art projects, baking, trying new recipes-

Any special info your Sis should know? Married 27 years, Mom of (3 TEENS!!!), dog lover, I teach monthly card classes on my own, want so badly to grow this business to my basement ‘headquarters’. I love my Pen-pals w/ friends & sister overseas –Attempt to write humorous short stories. I am one of (6) in my family—I am the main communicator and write, text, email, send cards—keep us all on track! I listen to music (alternative rock, blues,) NPR radio; watch TV and movies on my computer while I work…I stay up late and get up early! Love to watch/learn new techniques from creative videos.

Last edited by Susanne527; 07-30-2012 at 10:16 AM..
Old 07-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Hooray!!! Off to work on my questionaire!!
Pat..I just finished mine..copied edited and pasted from #8, added a dash of color (finally figured out an easier way to do this bold/color bit) duh for me...highlight and click! I was doing it half backwards before!

Old 07-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #12
Forum Fanatic

<---I'll take Patti's stamps!!! hahahahahaha Just haddah say that! Someone feel Patti's forehead...is she OKay...OOOomgosh, she has "no-stamps-itis"...quick, get her a cool clothe...find a soft pillow...STAT! Gather up some coordinated papers, wave them over her....stick some adhesive gems to her eyebrows...pull-hard!!! Is she conscious? Turn on the craft channel and blast the volume....

Old 07-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #13
Die Cut Diva

I just wanted to check that by "Angie" in Group 3 that you mean Angie1974. Would this be correct? Sorry if it's a stupid question!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #14
Hardware Hotshot

Please fill out the following questionnaire and post to the thread in order to help your Sis get to know you:

Cardmaking Likes:

1. Matchy matchy papers with coordinating embellies send me to the moon
2. bling, buttons, brads
3. Ribbon

Cardmaking Dislikes:
1. neon
2. DP with large patterns
3. earth-tones: (browns, yellow, beige, orange)

Birthdate: February 22

What is your favorite color? Blues, greens, pink, purple

Favorite holiday? Halloween or Christmas

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try? Whippersnapper, MFT, High Hopes, Kraftin Kimmie, Bugaboo, pretty much anything cute ... not too into floral

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat? Cashews

Hobbies? Besides making cards, I like to read, bake and quilt.

Any special info your Sis should know? I have been married for 12 years, living with two small boys (9 and 7), a dog, cat and fish. I just started up a long-arm quilting business called Unity Quilting and I hate cleaning and putting away toys
Old 07-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #15
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1974 View Post
I just wanted to check that by "Angie" in Group 3 that you mean Angie1974. Would this be correct? Sorry if it's a stupid question!
Hi Angie...itsa' notta' stupid question...we call Angela "Angela" so it must be you!

Old 07-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #16
Glitter Guru

Just popped over here, thanks for hosting Angela! Angie, I'm sure that is you, because Angela is in group 2, so glad you are back for another round with this fun swap!

I LOOOOOOVVVVVVE reading everyone's questionnaires, I must be very nosy or something, lol! Love to see what people like and don't like, so much fun.

Angela, that is so cool that your house has been in the family for so long. That's really neat.

Off to fold some laundry and get the kids bathed. Hubby cooked dinner in the smoker, ribs and chicken, so I had a nice break tonight!

I'll fill out my questionnaire later or tomorrow.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #17
Gabfest Goddess

well, the family just left, and we really pigged out over chicken paprikash, pierogies, and leftover pulled pork. i'm ready to roll on up to bed, but had to stop in for a minute...

Jo, love, love, loved your #1 answer to cardmaking likes. You said it, sistah!!

Kathy, i must be nosy, too, because I love to read the questionnaire answers...so don't make us wait tooooooo long for yours

Good night, ladies!! (isn't that a song?)
Old 07-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

Birds of a feather flock together.... I love reading the questionnaires too!

Yep, Angie, you are in Group 3! (I think I am too...will fill in to make 5.)

Patti and Kathleen, your suppers sound delicious!

Yay! Ivy is home! She had a great time...needed a shower...made new friends...needed a shower...took lots of pictures...needed a shower...is ready to go back again! Did I mention she needed a shower? LOL I can't imagine showering at the Y for 1 week...hauling your gear...no privacy...I'll bet she really appreciates her new bathroom now! It's so good to have her home! She saw Paisley and said "she's huge" and also "she's chunky"...both are true. Paisley was so wound up when she saw her too!

Off to bed, I need to be to work by 6:30.... Good night all!

Old 07-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #19
Die Cut Diva

I can't wait for the round to begin! I had SO much fun in Round 8!!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #20
Glitter Guru

"Angie" why are you Angie? LOL.

To everyone else, I happen to know that "Angie's" real name is quite different. I won't share what it is unless she wants to, but I've always been curious to know why she picked the SCS name she did.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #21
Glitter Guru

Cardmaking Likes:
1. Self stick pearls, gems or smaller flourishes.
2. Buttons is emerging as a like these days.
3. Versatile sentiments

Cardmaking Dislikes:
1. The usual suspects - eyelets, chipboard

Birthdate: April 15th

What is your favorite color? Anytime? Blue. Stamping? Rich or bright colors...Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Summer Sun, Kiwi Kiss, Marina Mist

Favorite holiday? Christmas!!!

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try? Favorites are Riley & Company and MFT right now. I would like to try some Verve and Amuse (since they aren't in Canada yet) and Krafty Kimmie. For some reason, I don't like House Mouse very much.

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat? Root beer candies, licorice, lattes, teas.

Hobbies? Playing with Claire, rocking Claire, feeding Claire and trying to make time to craft...oh yes, and actually crafting, if I still have time leftover after doing all those other things. In truth, reading is probably the only other hobby I have right now. But I have a Kobo and am enjoying it. It's so much easier to handle with the baby.

Any special info your Sis should know? I'm up to my EARS in paper right now!! I LOVE it so much, but need to get using some of it rather than collecting more. I struggle with masculine images sometimes.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #22
Stampin' Fool

Cardmaking Likes:
1. BLING any self adhesive kind
2. Coordinating Paper with small print
3. Ribbon/charms/dies

Cardmaking Dislikes:
1. stickers
2. buttons
3. chipboard

Birthdate: July 11

What is your favorite color? Hmm, I like pinks and browns together, blues, just about anything really except NEON!

Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try? I am not picky, I like western, and cutesy (magnolias, LOTV, like that). I would like to try some PTI but haven't yet.

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat? Just about anything chocolate/caramel but with the heat here not sure that is a good idea. I like the lifesaver gummy things, caramel popcorn, ect.

Hobbies? I love to scrapbooking, photography, reading and being with my family

Any special info your Sis should know? Please mail my kits to my Mom's (Linda Palmer) I will be here until the end of Sept.

Last edited by leslie0090; 07-30-2012 at 09:11 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #23
Stampin' Fool

Angela thanks for hosting!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:49 AM   #24
Forum Fanatic

I love reading everyone's likes/dislikes too and since this swap is a lil' different, we'll all get to know more about more people in one fell swoop! So far not alotta "neon" lovers here! haha

Kathleen--I want good ribs so badly--I have done the boneless in the crockpot (doesn't do it for me)...I need the messy kind with bones and super delish taste!

Funny: I got up around 5:45am, watched our Boston news at least 5 times (you know how they just keep on going over the same hot spots over and over) Well, Randy Price is the only male am news anchor here and they were showing the dust storms in AZ...then the camera was on him with his (3) co anchor women; weather, traffic and side kick...ladies looking all perky and pretty...then he say's 'talking about AZ's dust storms are called "Haboob's" and that's a handful of "Haboob's" as all three women are in the shot! Haha...I just thought that sounded funny...too much coffee ya think? <Smiles>

All night kitchen here...last night K could not sleep so she was up really late. I noticed that Shane left his lunch in the fridge for work and texted him about midnight that he best not come home and get it...get Muddy barking...yadayada...When I got up this morning I noticed it was not in the fridge...saw a text that came into my phone at 2 that said...'coming home...I am starved!'...I guess K was still up at 2:30 when he arrived, ate his lunch, and went back to work at Walmart! Not a peep out of Muddy (some watch dog huh?) He was curled up on my side of the bed! No wonder--it's cozy up there!

Old 07-30-2012, 04:54 AM   #25
Forum Fanatic

Angela--I copied/pasted/sent you an email of our addy's...passed it on to a few emails I have in this group...Denise-will you be at your mom's during the month of August? I think group three needs Angie's addy...Lots of b-day's this round--which is always fun!

Old 07-30-2012, 04:55 AM   #26
Forum Fanatic

Ooops..just read Denise's info...Yes, you'll be at your mom's!

Old 07-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #27
Forum Fanatic

Patti---lovely-fabulous 6x6 page! Great pictures--very creative abc list! You have officially inspired me <wheels in motion>!

Imke--I received your image--I think this is going to be a challenge for me--it's so pretty and frail...we shall see?!

Old 07-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #28
Hardware Hotshot

Sus: Could be worse about Muddy, he could bark all the time when he gets startled (which apparently, when you are deaf, is quite a lot). Poor Argus. Love him despite his disabilities.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #29
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Sus: Could be worse about Muddy, he could bark all the time when he gets startled (which apparently, when you are deaf, is quite a lot). Poor Argus. Love him despite his disabilities.
Oh I know...poor Argus! Dontchya just love our dogs? I think I am going to have Tom drop Muddy off this Wednesday--he was giving me such a problem last time--walking the other way-past the entrance in the parking lot...I cannot bribe him with "cookie-bones" either...since his tummy has to be empty for surgery. I cannot say that word w/o my eyes tearing up...poor ol' goat!<--me not Muddy! haha..I am sure he'll do fine-at least I keep telling myself this!

Farmer Sharon's #3 dog who was 16 yrs old was blind and deaf--poor thing would walk into walks and you had to stomp your feet to let him know you were there...sad but funny too--

Old 07-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #30
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for organizing and hosting Angela.

Here is my info!
Cardmaking Likes:
1.matchy matchy papers, ribbons etc.

2.bling of all kinds
3.dies of all kinds

Cardmaking Dislikes:
1. eyelets
2. chipboard

Birthdate: Oct.20

What is your favorite color? blue, red, pink, yellow, aquas and browns. I actually love most all colors.

Favorite holiday? Christmas and Easter

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try? Anything you want to send me. Love most all stamp companies and western images. I love Magnolia, LOTV.PTI,SU,Saturated Canary, Kraftin Kimmie, GinaK, WhipperSnapper, High Hopes, Inky Antics, Art Institute

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat? Simply Caramel Milky Way Bar or Rollo or Gummy Fruit rings

Hobbies? Stamping, Scrapbooking, reading and beading

Any special info your Sis should know? Married to Glenn for 20 yrs, 4 kids, 17 Grandkids and 21 Greats and one step-daughter. I am retired and loving it. Love Country music and 50's rock.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member

Last edited by Linda Palmer; 07-30-2012 at 11:03 AM..
Old 07-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #31
Stazon Splitcoast

I also love reading everyone's likes and dislikes too. I always go back and read everyone's and then I print my SS and keep it with me so if I am out and see something I think she might like I can look it up on the printout.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 07-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #32
Gallery Gazer

Yeah- iīm finally here !!!

Angela- Thanks for hosting the next round !

Horray to my group. Waving to Pat, Susanne, Denise and Vickie ! I am particularly pleased that i will be showered in December. I have birthday in December - that means lots of birthday gifts

Denise- Sure, your package goes to Linda.

Angela- Great that Ivy has arrived safely at home and that she had so much fun !

I fill out the questions later- there is some time till December.... LOL Donīt worry, i will do it the next few days....
Old 07-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #33
Die Cut Diva

subscribing so I can pop in and say hi once in a while - hope that is okay??!!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #34
Die Cut Diva

Better than okay Wiggy!!! We love to "see" you here!! Glad you had a great vacation now I bet you are ready to make some cards!!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #35
Die Cut Diva

Imke I am waving at you and all in our group!! My birthday is in October and thats my month to get showered...mmmm. Denise is there some particular theme or color you would like for your kits!!! I'll be sure to send it to your mom's home.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #36
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I need to fill out the questionnaire. Thinking about it right now. HA!

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Meljen's Designs
Old 07-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #37
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Imke I am waving at you and all in our group!! My birthday is in October and thats my month to get showered...mmmm. Denise is there some particular theme or color you would like for your kits!!! I'll be sure to send it to your mom's home.

I love surprises, SO SURPRISE ME!!!!!!! I am not picky at all and will love whatever I receive.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #38
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Cardmaking Likes:
1. Flowers, Butterflies
2. self-adhesive pearls, gems, flourishy pearls & gems
3. Textured cardstock, patterned paper

Cardmaking Dislikes:
1. flat stickers (have lots of these and don't use them)
2. eyelets (have lots and don't use them)

Birthdate: November 12

What is your favorite color? Pink is my favorite, but I LOVE ALL colors when it comes to cardmaking / crafting

Favorite holiday? Halloween, Christmas, actually, I love ALL holidays 'cause there's always a reason to celebrate

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try? Any stamps or images from any of the SCS member companies

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat? I've been on an M&M Peanut kick lately! Flavored coffees (with caffeine!)

Hobbies? Other than papercrafting, I love to create beaded stick pins; hope to learn some basic beaded jewelry making and anything that uses beads!

Any special info your Sis should know? Love to have fun!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #39
Forum Fanatic

Vickie---I decorate my mail with my ol' flat stickers sometimes....just a lil' cluster here and there---or give them a school art dept....gave a ton of mine along with all my old fabric and split it between (3) schools!

Old 07-31-2012, 09:24 AM   #40
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
I also love reading everyone's likes and dislikes too. I always go back and read everyone's and then I print my SS and keep it with me so if I am out and see something I think she might like I can look it up on the printout.
Me too! Right next to my Michaels/AcMoore/Joann coupons in my purse!

Closed Thread