Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #1881
Stazon Splitcoast

Lena, just in case you haven't found the new thread for # 10 SS swap it is Round 10 Secret Sister Card Kit Swap: Closed/Chatting/Mailing

I figured you haven't had time to catch up on all the chatter here and on WRAK so wanted you to see it.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #1882
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Lena, just in case you haven't found the new thread for # 10 SS swap it is Round 10 Secret Sister Card Kit Swap: Closed/Chatting/Mailing

I figured you haven't had time to catch up on all the chatter here and on WRAK so wanted you to see it.

Thank you Linda
Old 12-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #1883
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
me too!!
We got seven inches of snow last night and still coming down...sure glad I have today off work. Blizzard conditions until noon or so today but temp is staying around 32. Tomorrow that is changing though and it will be much colder. Then all this snow will be ice...great!!
Pat...we have 1 storm coming in tomorrow all day through Friday (mostly rain they say)...but another on its tail for Sunday (snow)! Our weather has been warmish...today it feels colder than usual.

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 12-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #1884
Glitter Guru

Nope, but the last 2 days were holidays here and the post has not worked. Starting today, back to work. Let's see, maybe even this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Imke--still no padded envy from me?
Old 12-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #1885
Stazon Splitcoast

We are desperate for rain or snow. Do not have either so far but it is cold. Was 18 when I got up with some heavy winds so the windchill must be very low.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and stays dry and warm.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #1886
Die Cut Diva

I don't know how I've managed to do it again, but I have lost Angela's (monkeymama) mailing addy. If anyone has it, could they please supply it? Thank you so much. Thanks to my stupidity, her already late kit is going to be even later. Ha. Maybe someone can give me a new brain to go along with the new year.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #1887
Glitter Guru

Iīve sent it to you via PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1974 View Post
I don't know how I've managed to do it again, but I have lost Angela's (monkeymama) mailing addy. If anyone has it, could they please supply it? Thank you so much. Thanks to my stupidity, her already late kit is going to be even later. Ha. Maybe someone can give me a new brain to go along with the new year.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #1888
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for the info Susie. I suppose what I SHOULD have said is .... what do people do NOW to celebrate it? Or is it just another day off (which is a good thing too)

I found out about a local tradition at our new house. On Christmas and New Year's Day, the street I live on is closed off for two hours in the morning and the kids go sledding down it (you can imagine how steep it is!) It looked like a ton of fun. The kids and I are going to take advantage of it on New Years since we missed Christmas.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #1889
Stazon Splitcoast

That sounds like fun Joanna. Send us some photos.

Thinking about coloring Imke's image now that I have finished Lena's.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #1890
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Thank you, Heather!

Here are some photos of the wonderful kit Heather sent. Have not seen those star Nesties...they look like fun! Ivy loved the cupcake decorations...she thanks you for your thoughtfulness. Loved the Fluffles card too! Sincere thanks to you, Heather; I love it all!

P.S.
Great scrapbook page...love, love, loved the facts about you and Miss Claire on the back...so creative and fun!
Attached Thumbnails
heather.jpg   heathers-card.jpg  

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #1891
Stazon Splitcoast

Heather, I forgot to ask where the little chick images are from...I love chicks! They are really cute and I didn't recognize them.

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #1892
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everybody!

Will post more photos tomorrow....

I am on vacation, until the weekend. Today I get a call from my boss asking if I will come to work...ack! It seems like this happens whenever I take vacation; not just me, one of my friends has had it happen to her too. I feel frustrated because vacation should mean time away to rejuvenate. I went in for a few hours and of course the kids didn't like that...guests and sledding were on the agenda today. The kids are playing Just Dance 4 on the Wii...they asked me to play along. You all know why, don't you? They just want to laugh at my moves! LOL I really don't blame them, because I would laugh at my moves too....

Old 12-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #1893
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Thanks for the info Susie. I suppose what I SHOULD have said is .... what do people do NOW to celebrate it? Or is it just another day off (which is a good thing too)

I found out about a local tradition at our new house. On Christmas and New Year's Day, the street I live on is closed off for two hours in the morning and the kids go sledding down it (you can imagine how steep it is!) It looked like a ton of fun. The kids and I are going to take advantage of it on New Years since we missed Christmas.
Having visions of my childhood when we lived in Palos Heights, IL (south burb of Chicago)...we had a wide cement drive-way that had a good incline. My older brother closest to my age (Ray) decided to yank out the hose, on a very cold, snowy winter night, ice it up a bit, have all the kids in the neighborhood including his friends come over and sled/ski down our drive-way! Mind you, mom was at work...well she pulls into the street and sees 50 kids having a ball on our driveway--and she cannot pull her car into the garage (big NO-NO) Boy, did he get into trouble! BTW: back then, we'd get a box (as our makeshift sled) and slide on it or ski on cereal boxes...no fancy equipment...ingenuity!!! Wow was my mom mad! We still laugh about it today!

So QueenieJO...after your sledding escapades, does the neighborhood salt/sand your street?

Old 12-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #1894
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Love your kits Angela. I know how it is with getting called in to work. They usually try and pull nurses from our Education department because they are so desperate for help.

It sure is strange having the holiday in the middle of the week. I am going to our local LSS store tomorrow because everything in the store is 40% off. I am stocking up on all my Memory Box dies. Does anyone need any? Such great prices.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 12-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #1895
Watercolor Wizard

Adorable kit Angela/Heather! Love the "Pupcake" decorations too! I have seen those cute chick stamps--AI or Whippersnapper? Whippersnapper Designs is famous for piling up animals on top of each other!

I think you should not have answered your phone Angela--you are right your out of the picture--VACATION! Just leave your phone off! That is totally unfair--didn't she know you were out...did she apologize? Not fair..sorry..just not fair!

Old 12-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #1896
Watercolor Wizard

Funny: Imke--remember me telling you I have a second small envy for you? Well, it made its way to England inside a bunch of loose odds & ends I sent to Ali (my pal over there)!!! DUH! I vaguely remember mailing all the packages--I must have put it inside her pile to bring upstairs--but just tossed it in with her stuff! She thanked me and asked "Who's Imke"? hahaha I lost the color in my face!!! hahaha <slapping forehead>...At least I know I mailed your BIG package--I found the receipt for that...so #2 package is being "re-done" tonight--just something small... Is this old age or do I need to put in for a new brain line Lynne?!!! <smiles> It will get mailed this week-I have a car tomorrow first thing!

Old 12-28-2012, 05:27 AM   #1897
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Thank you, Joanna!

Here are some pics of the wonderful package I received from Joanna. There was a masculine themed kit with funny Bugaboo images...love them! Next was a pink get well themed kit with the cutest little tissue box stamp/sentiment, along with some fun images (I wonder if that's how I look to the patients when I come in with an injection? LOL) Last were some Penney Black stamps and a great MFT set for the teen crowd. Thank you, Joanna, I love it all...it's amazing to me that you were able to do all this in the midst of a move...wow!
Attached Thumbnails
joanna-1.jpg   joanna-2.jpg   joanna-3.jpg  

Old 12-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #1898
Hardware Hotshot

Sus: I got a chuckle out of your story of your brother! Our driveway is pretty steep too. Ken barely gets the Prius in when it snows. When we were house hunting, the views sold us on the house but I don't think that either of us thought about how we achieved those great views (ie: living on a hill with REALLY steep driveways!)

And yep, the HOA pays to have a guy sand the hill after every snow. In Colorado, we don't use salt because it damages the roads ... they spray some sort of lime green stuff on the roads which is supposed to do the same thing. Who knows what it is but 20 years from now we will probably determine that it's carcinogenic.

We just had snow last night. It's the glittery kind that sparkles and can be just swept away with a broom. Great powder. I'll bet the ski places are in hog heaven.

I'm glad that you liked your package Angela. You make such beautiful kits that I always feel pressure to make it extra beautiful.

Heather: what a GREAT idea to include cupcake stuff to Angela. (slapping head) Why didn't I think of that?!!
Old 12-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #1899
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Thank you, Kathleen!

Here are some pics of the awesome kit sent by Kathleen...it had some Carta Bella DP (I have been hoarding the pad I have...how did you know?! LOL), cute snow critter stamps, and lots of embellies to go along with them...glitter (can't wait to try the loose one...have never tried that kind), snowflakes, jingle bells, a bow maker template (cool!), and some cool twine. There was also a beautiful card and some chocolate (which I am saving...for now, anyway). Thank you so much, Kathleen, I love it all!

You all have the best taste in crafting goodies!
Attached Thumbnails
kathleen.jpg   kathleens-card.jpg  

Old 12-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #1900
Glitter Guru

Angela- Fabulous kits from Jo, Kathy and Heather. Wow a lot of new crafting stuff. Have fun creating !

Susanne- Thatīs really a funny story that "my" envelope makes it to England. Iīm sure Ali loved your stuff LOL

Fo all who have lots of snow and ice : Stay safe !!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:03 AM   #1901
Gabfest Goddess

Hi, my name is Patti...

Just got home from work, worked 3 nights before Christmas, had Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off, then worked next three nights. Glad to have a couple off now. When I went into work last night, the roads were clear. (We got about 6-8" of snow Christmas Eve and day of Christmas). It starting snowing around 3 am, and on my way home this morning, it looked like the road crews hadn't been out yet. Even the interstate was a mess!! My DH is supposed to go to his mom's today to start packing up boxes to help her move. She lives about 25 miles from here, and even though he drives well in any weather, I wish he wouldn't go, at least while it's still bad out. MIL isn't moving for a week yet, and really doesn't have a whole lot of stuff that will be going to the new apartment. But I'm sure he won't listen to me!

Angela, what awesome kits! Looks like (if you don't get called into work) you can have some fun in the craft room on this vacation!!

Jo, when I looked at the picture of your new house with the fabulous view, I didn't think about the snow/steep driveway. Here's hoping the snow doesn't turn out to be the slippery and/or heavy kind that gets you stuck!!

Sus, loved your story about brother Ray icing up the driveway! What fun!!

Well, has everyone received all of their 2012 kits?? Are we about to move across the hall to the new Round 10 thread?? I think I'll probably unsub here, and just keep on reading and posting over there....See you all across the hall!!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:19 AM   #1902
Hardware Hotshot

Yes, I suppose that I'll unsub from here too. I don't know why but it always makes me sad to leave. I'm such a dork ... everyone will be there across the hall!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #1903
Watercolor Wizard

Poor Imke...still waiting for my silly package--Imke...there yet? This has got me worried now--seems like an awful super long time December 6th I sent it--almost a month? Come on PO...deliver it already! I forgot what I sent its been so long..not unsubbin' until Imke gets the goods here!

Angela--another "mothah load" of goodies--what a blast of wonder kits! Have fun with that--if you ever have a full day off of work!

I guess everyone went across the hall---I'll stay until we're all gone...turn the lights out!

Old 12-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #1904
Die Cut Diva

I'm still here Susie Q, I'll keep you company until Imke gets her package and you turn out the lights!!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #1905
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Heather, I forgot to ask where the little chick images are from...I love chicks! They are really cute and I didn't recognize them.
Hambo! And, a relatively new purchase. I haven't tried them yet.

Glad you liked the cupcake decorations. I thought of you and Ivy (of course) when I saw them.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:46 AM   #1906
Glitter Guru

Susanne and Pat- You are too sweet.
Yes, iīm still waiting Susanne. But the longer I wait, the faster it will arrive. Itīs so long on the road- it just has to arrive soon . AND you are not alone. The "Card Kit Shower " from Denise has not arrived yet either. I know she has other problems at the moment and I do not know if it's on the way ?
We also had many holidays. The 25th and 26 Dec. On Jan 01, is again a holiday and the post office does not work. So, let's see what happens the next few days.

We can unsubscribe here and I report in Round # 10 ? ! For me - no problem.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:50 AM   #1907
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Susanne and Pat- You are too sweet.
Yes, iīm still waiting Susanne. But the longer I wait, the faster it will arrive. Itīs so long on the road- it just has to arrive soon . AND you are not alone. The "Card Kit Shower " from Denise has not arrived yet either. I know she has other problems at the moment and I do not know if it's on the way ?
We also had many holidays. The 25th and 26 Dec. On Jan 01, is again a holiday and the post office does not work. So, let's see what happens the next few days.

We can unsubscribe here and I report in Round # 10 ? ! For me - no problem.
Okay..see you over in Round 10...please keep me posted about the kit--Gosh, I hope it didn't get lost---Also, I heard /read that Denise's has been mailed already--I think Linda mentioned it a while back! See you over in Round 10...unsubbing here!

Old 12-31-2012, 05:50 AM   #1908
Watercolor Wizard

unsubbing... Waving bye-bye to 2012....off to 2013!

Old 12-31-2012, 06:18 AM   #1909
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

I'm still here too! I don't ever unsub from "our" forum threads!

I hope Susanne's package arrives to Imke soon.

Wishing everyone who remains here in #9 a fabulous day!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:21 AM   #1910
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

I LOVE seeing the kits! I want to thank everyone for posting the pictures and/or descriptions of the kits you receive!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #1911
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to drop in to say hi and Happy New Year!! I hope you don't mind. I am going to try to get back into the blogging/crafting/commenting world again! I have missed you all very much. I have missed crafting very much. I will hopefully be able to drop in and say hi once in a while.

Take care everyone!!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:55 AM   #1912
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Thank you, Lynne!

I have some pictures to share from the pink package I received from Lynne! There is a beautiful selection of papers, along with every kind of pink embellishment you an imagine...flowers, square tile gems (cool!), ribbons, and bling. Also a lovely card, along with some emery boards and a fancy pen! Thank you so very much, Lynne, I love the pink!
Attached Thumbnails
card-lynne.jpg   lynnes-goodies.jpg  

Old 01-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #1913
Glitter Guru

Mail Call !!!

Susanneīs card kit shower arrived yesterday after 6 weeks on the road !! HORRAY !!

I get a wonderful christmas stocking with lots of great things. Graphic45 paper and stamp. That challenges me to make vintage card LOL
A christmas tree die, Ribbon, Bells and Buttons, Sticker and Rhinestones. For my birthday ear rings and a selfmade bracelet with a scrabble part. Oh, and delicious peanut butter candies. Thanks Susanne !!!
Closed Thread