Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 05:29 AM   #1801
Forum Fanatic

Patti/Imke--Me, being 100% Lithuanian, we ate "Galunkies" (SP) which are Pierogies! Mom used to buy them from a Lithuanian delicatessen in Chicago--some filled with meat (a real tender ground beef) and other with cheese. We'd boil them and eat them with sour cream. One of those things where your eyes are bigger than your stomach--oh so tasty and good--very filling. I have recipes for them-but have never made them. Now I have a reason!!!

Funny part-Kala, who is vegetarian and a fussy eater--won't touch an apple or have a bowl of cereal for breakfast....but has to have onion, green pep, black olives on pizza--lives on pasta and eats way too much prefab food from freezer boxes...requested Pierogies this week from the store --out of the blue! Last night, she wanted them sauteed in butter and onion (I was out of onion) so I boiled them for her. {It must be in her gene pool that she likes these--she'll try food at other peoples houses but not here!!!?}

Patti, so happy you had a good time with your kinfolk--It must have been a whirlwind working and entertaining all week-don't know if you noticed, but back in a few posts I wished you "super human female powers" to get through...I guess it worked! I love having family here--but the prep and work on tap is a huge undertaking---especially when people are staying in the house with you. Good thing Boston has lots of sight seeing things to do--I usually kick them out for part of a day to catch up on things-keep the ball rolling so to speak.

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:00 AM   #1802
Stazon Splitcoast

My heart goes out to Lena and her family, at this horrible time. I was shocked to hear the news....

Linda, give Denise my best when you talk to her next. We will miss her here.

Went to the Dr. so I could get a refill on my prescription yesterday. The nurse, a friend of mine, gave me 2 injections in my backside. There is a glitch with insurance and I'm having trouble getting my prescription refilled. Red tape...ack! Anyway, the injections made me sleep, but I still have a headache today.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #1803
Forum Fanatic

Angela...I hope you are feeling better soon--come on...it's Christmas week they tell me!!! I am waiting for Tom's car--had a flat on the highway yesterday--due for 2 new tires (not the tire that was flat)...Hoping he got (4) new tires--this car is little over a year old and has 73,000 miles on it!

Old 12-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #1804
Hardware Hotshot

Utterly saddened by the news of Lena and Tina. What a terrible time for them right now.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #1805
Stampin' Fool

Thoughts and Prayers for Lena, Tina and family! Lena is an awesome person!!!!! Lots of Love and Hugs coming your way!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #1806
Gallery Gazer

I have a Question room:
I love, love, love macaroni and cheese ! Yesterday in the Adam Richman "Man vs. Food" show I saw my American favorite dish again. Every time I see this cheese sauce, I get hungry LOL

Can someone tell me how this cheese sauce is made ? I need a recipe, please !
Old 12-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #1807
Stampin' Fool

Imke my favorite mac an cheese recipe is from Pioneer Woman, you can look her web page up online an get it!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:55 AM   #1808
Forum Fanatic

Imke---I emailed you "chef John's" version-video included.

Can you get Velveeta in Germany (Kraft product "cheese food"--kind of a fake cheese to add to other cheeses--makes it creamier...

We also can get a boxed version (cheap) in stores--the kids make it for snacks here all the time...I will look for my "5 cheese Mac& Cheese" recipe--

Recipes.com

Allrecipes - Recipes and cooking confidence for home cooks everywhere

Food Network - Easy Recipes, Healthy Eating Ideas and Chef Recipe Videos

Old 12-19-2012, 04:56 AM   #1809
Forum Fanatic

I have Lena's addy right here on my desk, if anyone needs it quickly.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #1810
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Good morning everyone!

Confession ~ the Christmas cards I meant to mail are still on my craft table....my bad! I am determined to get them mailed though, a tad late, but, as my mom would say, better late than never!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #1811

Imke, here's a link to Food Network's Paula Deen's mac and cheese recipes/videos. I LOVE Paula and have used many of her recipes over the years.

paula dean mac and cheese : Food Network
Old 12-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #1812
Hardware Hotshot

Vickie, I don't know if I will mail my Christmas cards at all. I still haven't found which box they are packing into!

It is SUCH an icky cold day that I just want to curl up on the couch with a coffee and read. I just finished an amusing book. It was "Where'd You Go, Bernadette?" I found it on the GoodReads website. I'm trying to get into Suzanna Dean's latest recommendation but ... it didn't grab me. After I read something that I REALLY liked, I always have trouble getting into the next one. Does anyone else do that too?

It took me an hour and 45 minutes to get the kids to school and then back again. I told them that they could finish the year at their old school but it's going to be a tough winter. The school districts around the new house were closed due to snow but their current school didn't even have a 2 hour delay. Crazy. Kinda dreading the trip back to pick them up.

Our pre-lit Christmas tree won't light. My first inclination was to pull off the lights and just string it with other working lights. After two days of ripping lights off the tree, I'm starting to think that just buying a new Christmas tree might be the answer! Ugh.

Hope everyone's day is going well.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #1813
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Good morning everyone!

Confession ~ the Christmas cards I meant to mail are still on my craft table....my bad! I am determined to get them mailed though, a tad late, but, as my mom would say, better late than never!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday!
I'm worse...I just bought a couple of boxes of cards from Home Goods! Bad cardmaker!!! Too busy! But its the thought that counts right?

Old 12-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #1814
Forum Fanatic

Imke--good news...Janice/England received her package from me today--and yours went before hers! I am wishin' real hard its on your doorstep by Saturday!

Old 12-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #1815
Forum Fanatic

QueenieJO...I think you are officially 'off the hook' on Christmas cards--we get it sweetie (spoken from a person who just ran out and bought 2 boxes of store bought cards <shaking head> tsk tsk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Vickie, I don't know if I will mail my Christmas cards at all. I still haven't found which box they are packing into!

It is SUCH an icky cold day that I just want to curl up on the couch with a coffee and read. I just finished an amusing book. It was "Where'd You Go, Bernadette?" I found it on the GoodReads website. I'm trying to get into Suzanna Dean's latest recommendation but ... it didn't grab me. After I read something that I REALLY liked, I always have trouble getting into the next one. Does anyone else do that too?

It took me an hour and 45 minutes to get the kids to school and then back again. I told them that they could finish the year at their old school but it's going to be a tough winter. The school districts around the new house were closed due to snow but their current school didn't even have a 2 hour delay. Crazy. Kinda dreading the trip back to pick them up.

Our pre-lit Christmas tree won't light. My first inclination was to pull off the lights and just string it with other working lights. After two days of ripping lights off the tree, I'm starting to think that just buying a new Christmas tree might be the answer! Ugh.

Hope everyone's day is going well.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #1816
Stazon Splitcoast

I had a whole long post written and it disappeared and my hands won't take writing it again.

Girls, don't stress over handmade cards. There is too much stress this time of year so quit it and just say next year. I don't want you stressing over sending me a hand made card, I know you all still like me anyway..lol!! Really don't stress over it. We all understand!

Gauge Alan Smith was born yesterday at about 3:50 PM. He weighed 7 lbs 4oz and was 20"long. Photo of him and then one of his big brother Hunter who is so proud.
No more grandkids or spouces are pregnant....we do need a break.
Attached Thumbnails
img_0030.jpg   img_0027.jpg   img_0026.jpg  

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 12-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #1817
Gallery Gazer

Ladies, thanks for all these recipes tipps. It helped me a lot. I thought to myself that it's done something like this, but I was not sure.

Susanne- Got your mail and saw the video. You're right, the voice is very pleasant and quiet. Stephan always looks You Tube videos from the "Pit Boys" (BBQ), which are also quite good. They have great recipes too. Thanks for letting me know about your sis package. The packages to England always go faster, who knows why....

Linda- Congrats and welcome to your new family member. Hunter looks really proud !

No stress because of Christmas cards! For you I had my done because of Donelda's christmas card swap. I tried to send each the card of its own challenge. Whether you will notice it ?

One more day to work and then I'm on vacation until 06 January ! Horray !
Old 12-20-2012, 04:15 AM   #1818
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies

Thank you for all your Love, thoughts and prayers. We made it to MN with no problems going home may be another thing. Today is Tina's birthday going to try and do something not sure what? We said our goodbyes yesterday (very tough day) and the services are going to be on Saturday. I think it's Saturday anyway. My mind is GONE!!!!!

I'm sorry I've been MIA but I haven't been on here for several days. So I hope I don't miss anything I'll try and catch up when I can.

Hugs to you all and I will let Tina know you all sent your love and prayers.

Last edited by tackertwosome; 12-20-2012 at 04:23 AM..
Old 12-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #1819
Glitter Guru

Good to see you here, Lena. Take care...
Old 12-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #1820
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is a link that Lena put on fb where you can go and sign in and leave Lena and Tina a message.

Ryan Celvin LOCKHART Obituary: View Ryan LOCKHART's Obituary by Pioneer Press

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #1821
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been lazy this morning and now it is time to get some work finished. Glenn is still not feeling well and in bed so have to work around him and try not to wake him up. He had a horrid night coughing.

I need to run some errands so off to do that and will check in on everyone later today.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #1822

Linda, thank you for posting the link to send a message to Tina and Lena and families.

Went shopping today with youngest DD. That's about all I've done with the day and all I intend to do! Tomorrow is another day!

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!
Old 12-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #1823
Forum Fanatic

Lena--so sweet of you to stop in--we miss you.

Linda-thanks for the link and your message is very sweet. Also more baby pictures-precious.

Imke--did you open it yet or are you waiting? Did the video help--love Chef John's voice--he could teach me how to do laundry with that voice!!! haha <smiles> But his videos are sweet and casual--no high strung measurements or directions...just throw a lil' of this in...a lil' of that..YUM! Anyway, glad my package made it to you! YAHOO!

Old 12-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #1824
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Vickie and Susanne. I thought some would want to leave a message and evidently from what I read they are checking it out.

Can't wait to see what Imke got!!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #1825
Forum Fanatic

This is totally ridiculous--as my family would say...But I have a bone to pick with Dunkin' Donuts. Evidently the store where I drive thru day in and day out has a new manager--and they don't know how to make Dark Roast Iced Coffee! All week--I have received brown water they call coffee! The girl at the window tonight said...I think they add too much water! BINGO! (You have to make the coffee strong if it is going on ice-common sense thing right--it will get watered down when the customer orders ICED COFFEE!) I know there a zillions of problems in this world we live in--I just hate paying for something that is garbage. So off I went to another Dunkies (the girl that gave me the coffee there said..."The new manager at their other location is an idiot and doesn't know anything"..wOW well, now we know!! hahahaha (sorry, no solution...just yapping about a coworker!) Why can't they follow the recipe to make the coffee good?

Old 12-21-2012, 01:50 AM   #1826
Gallery Gazer

So we have to hang a new calendar, the Earth continues to rotate

Lena- Nice that you look in. I wish you all much strength for the funeral tomorrow.

Susanne- You misunderstood me. My package has not arrived yet. I just wanted to say that the packages to England goes faster than to Germany. Donīt know why but there it is. PLEASE, donīt worry!
Guess what we cook tomorrow ? MAC and CHEESE ! Yeah- i look forward.
In Germany, you pay a drink and you can not refill it for free. That's why I always order without ice. For one, the drink is cold enough anyway, and otherwise I pay almost only for ice. And the ice diluted similar to your iced coffee.

My last day at work today. Horray. Wish you all a happy Friday !!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:09 AM   #1827
Forum Fanatic

OH Imke..you are right...I did misunderstand you--I thought you said you "got your mail"..but it was only email! darn! Glad you are making the Mac & Chez--yummy!

I am goofy about my coffee-it's got to be good! Stickler for when I pay for something I want it to be right-what can I say?! Fair is fair--my Tom never returns anything-if he has a bad meal--he'll ignore it..Me..no way, I will (nicely) ask for a new one or rectify the situation--he's always afraid that they'll spit on his meal if he causes any hassles!!! hahahahahaha (joking) but he has said this before! Too funny.

My kids will say; Ma please don't ask the McDonald's people if their fries are fresh and hot? Please-don't ask? Oh this is another one of my pet-peeves--cold drive up food--but what can I say...If you don't ask, you don't get it! Picky Mom's choose Jiff! (I tell my kids--don't worry, they don't know who we are--just asking!!!) haha

Have a fabulous weekend-don't work too hard everyone--We are getting that midwest storm in RAIN and 50mph winds starting in a bit until 3pm--hoping not to lose power here so I can keep moving--unseasonable warm (40s) and doesn't feel like Christmas yet!

So MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! <--Just in case I get kicked off the computer today!

Old 12-21-2012, 05:53 AM   #1828
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Linda - Another cute baby for the family. Thanks for posting the FB link.

I have done it. I have posted the next round HERE . Since this is my first time posting, please let me know if I left anyone out.

Happy holiday to everyone. Today is my day off so helping my sister pack. She is moving to Texas. Also need to finish up a project for a class and make my mom a pillow for Christmas.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 12-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #1829
Forum Fanatic

Tracie...very cool...I have my B-day month!!! How fun will that be?!!! Thanks for all your efforts on this swap! Nice that we get a lil' January break and then start up in Feb! Gotta start thinking about Vickie--she's our #1 in group 3!

Old 12-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #1830

Thank you for hostessing Round 10, Tracie. I've started working on the questionnaire!

Linda, another cutie welcomed into your family. Thanks for sharing him with us!

Going to finish the last minute shopping today for family. My DH is the most difficult to shop for; no hobbies to speak of; he says family is his hobby.

We have a dusting of snow on the ground today.

Tracie, the sister that's moving...the one I met or the one I didn't meet? What part of Texas?

I need to go out and help DH "fix" our mailbox...it somehow looks like to got knocked off its post and ready to fall to the ground.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #1831
Forum Fanatic

Host Tracie and room question: Can we all put 1 or 2 "creative goals" on our wishlists? Something different you are going to teach yourself this year? Example: My personal challenge is watercolor coloring and sewing on a card...I'd love to see what you all wish to challenge yourself with--

Old 12-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #1832
Stazon Splitcoast

Good idea Susanne. I want to learn to watercolor with the SU crayons I've had for 7 years and never used and also with distress inks but already know nothing will beat the copics for me. I do sew sometimes, just don't have room in my craft room to keep my sewing machine set up soooooo it doesn't get used at all.

My biggest goal is to use what I have and stop buying stuff I don't use or forget I have.
Maybe we should transfer this to the new page or SS thread.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #1833
Forum Fanatic

Is there a new place for the Round 10 set up already?

Old 12-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #1834
Forum Fanatic

I am horsin' around on my blog and want to grab some blinkies...is this easy to do? <looking for directions>

Old 12-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #1835
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Susanne - Go to Post $1828 and click on the big blue HERE. Will take you to new link. I love your idea of challenging yourself. Going to add that to questionnaire.

Vickie - My youngest sister is moving to Commanche Texas outside of Ft Worth. You met my older sister Debbie and she is still around making cards with me.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 12-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #1836

Tracie, glad Debbie is still around! Hope your youngest sister likes living in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. My DD lives in Denton (not far from Dallas/Fort Worth) and loves living in that area. I LOVE that she LOVES living there too, 'cause I LOVE visiting; so much to do and so many different places to shop!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #1837
Forum Fanatic

Oh...Who are we waiting for on this swap...Just Imke to receive from Pat and I? Anyone else?

Old 12-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #1838
Hardware Hotshot

I mailed Angela's 3 days ago. She should be getting it soon.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #1839
Gallery Gazer

Default Mail Call

Now I'm just waiting for Susanneīs and Deniseīs card kit. Because drumroll please, Pat's package arrived today. Hooray !!

Pat- Many thanks for this wonderful package. First of all i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE "Lindt, Lindor White Chocolate Balls" I ate almost everything
There are so many great things included I donīt know where to start. A paper pad from My Minds Eye (love it), House Mouse stamps with Birthday Popcorn (super sweet), a beautiful Flower stamps set, 2 lovely mini stamps, Ribbon, Flower embellies, Sixxiz Embossing Folder, a very pretty handmade card. Did I forget something ? Pat, you know what you've sent all. Many thanks for your generosity. I enjoyed every single part.

Susanne- Today we ate Mac and Cheese according to John's resicpe. Very, very tasty !
Old 12-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #1840
Die Cut Diva

I will be mailing Angela's kit as soon as possible. With the holidays, that probably means Boxing Day.
Closed Thread