Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #1761
Watercolor Wizard

Well, I got a hold of a car for a bit--jogged down to AE to check out their Spellbinder's wall of dies @ 50% off and didn't buy a one!!! I had some in mind and they didn't have em in stock--this took extreme self control mind you! haha

Tomorrow's sale is already in my inbox 39 cents for decorative papers! I can hold off on this one since I don't have any YAHOO GOTTA HAVE's in this catagory! New sale each day...

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #1762
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Pat--received your lovely Christmas card--beautiful--so elegant with the gold...who makes that adorable ornmament stamp? Love it! Thank you!
Neverrrrmind Pat..found it (Googled it and it came up) Stampin' Bella--but went to their site and it must be older--not on her site! Boo hoo! Oh well..lovely card Love the big stamp and small stamp combo!

Old 12-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #1763
Stazon Splitcoast

The news out of CT was so heartbreaking. I can't even imagine what those parents are going through and the sadness of the town. It breaks my heart. I wasn't going to even mention it because it is such sad news but couldn't stop myself. It is all I've thought about since it hit the news.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 12-15-2012, 07:43 AM   #1764
Stazon Splitcoast

I know everyone is busy with Christmas stuff. My shopping is all done and just have to finish candy making of a few more kinds.

I'm going to a little Great Grandson's birthday party this afternoon. Hunter will be 4 on Tuesday and they are inducing his mother on tuesday so another little boy will be arriving sometime that day. Hunter will be 4yrs and 1 day older than his new brother.

Pat, thanks so much for the darling Christmas card. I love the image you used.
Funny thing about it, I haven't ever colored that image so far. Maybe next year! LOTV is one of my favorites and didn't color a single one this Christmas for cards.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #1765
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, one of the patient's and I were watching the news footage yesterday; he would give me updates when I would make my rounds. It is hard to understand what could possess someone to do such a thing.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #1766
Hardware Hotshot

Patti, thanks for the gorgeous Christmas card!!

I've been so busy this week finishing up Christmas shopping and a few Christmas events. Trying to get a few thread visits done and then I have to do some wrapping. We have some gifts to ship and I'm quickly approaching our deadline!
Old 12-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #1767
SCS BRAK Coordinator

My heart goes out to all the people involved in the terrible shooting in CT. It is just so senseless.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #1768
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
The news out of CT was so heartbreaking. I can't even imagine what those parents are going through and the sadness of the town. It breaks my heart. I wasn't going to even mention it because it is such sad news but couldn't stop myself. It is all I've thought about since it hit the news.
Oh I /we know Linda--just heartbreaking. I listened all day yesterday with disbelief...by the time I went out to get the kids ice cream last night...I finally broke down in the car--I cannot imagine the pain and the horrible-horrible time these families, their town, their school...just a nightmare for the entire world when someone does this.

Tom went to HS with a kid named "Lanza"--(not sure of the spelling) but he would be in his 50's...someone at the pizza shop said the father is from Groveland, MA (not too far away from here)...Don't know if this is true-could be a relative...

Just so sad.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #1769
Watercolor Wizard

On a lighter note--thank you for the lovely cards; Tracie (bling*) and Linda! I am working on some tonight--I bought some more red/green cardstock and hope to whip up something fabulous! I have not started my shopping--hopefully tomorrow?

Muddy went for his check up today-I thought it was just a quickie Rabies shot and nail trim--but he got the works with a Vet instead of a Tech...he was a very good boy--down to 92 lbs (with the help of the Pumpkin in his food I am sure) because he is snacker! He gets so stressed -afterwards I drove through Dunk's to get mama a coffee and he got a donut ball! oops...what are those silly things called...? for the life of me I can never remember what they are called..well, you all know!

Old 12-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #1770
Watercolor Wizard

Imke--I hope your package arrives soon--I could not find my receipt from the PO (new purse...must have tossed it with old purse stuff?) So I went back in the posts here and I said I mailed it on 12/6/12 so...today is the 15th...maybe this week? I hope so...I feel sorry for you because you are the furthest away...have the last b-day of the year and you are last on our list!!! Maybe that'll be good luck-you'll get before your b-day!

Old 12-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #1771
Die Cut Diva

Imke I mailed your package about the same time Susanne did wouldn't it be funny if you got them on the same day?? I'm hoping you get them before Christmas...wow it will have to be next week. Christmas will be here before you know it!!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #1772
Glitter Guru

Susanne- Don´t worry about it. I have not thought of it. Always be the last I think it´s great to be the last on the list for this round because I get a lot of christmas/birthday gifts.
You have to know that we adults give us anything for Christmas. We stopped a few years ago. It is very relaxing. No gift Marathon, no embarrassment gifts. Just sit together and enjoy Christmas. The first year it was funny, but now have all used to it and are happy about it. LOL Only the children get gifts of course. I really love to give, but I can also make another day. It may not be Christmas.
For birthdays we do it well. The women usually get a bunch of flowers-that's it. The men often a bottle of wine or something else. Just a little something so you do not come empty-handed. Or something handmade like marmalade, liqueur what you have at hand. You know what i mean ?

Pat- I think maybe it will arrive next week. But don´worry. I'm happy whenever it arrives

Linda- You expect another new baby in the family ? How exciting !

Right now I'm not in the mood to make cards. I think there were too many lately. A little break is good.
I'm knitting a scarf and just read a book. John Grisham has another new and I hope I can borrow it tomorrow from the library. In English it called "The Litigators" . It has not so good reviews, but I have yet read all of it. So even this.

Last edited by germanstampler; 12-16-2012 at 12:31 AM..
Old 12-16-2012, 05:30 AM   #1773
Glitter Guru

Hey ladies,

I agree Linda, the news out of CT is horrific. My gosh those teachers are true heroes. I was crying at the stories of putting the kids in bathrooms, cabinets and closets to keep them safe. Such fast thinking in that situation. Just heartbreaking.

Imke, we mainly don't do gifts with the adults either. I do get something for my dad and inlaws, but that's it for the adults. It was getting to hard and stressful figuring out ideas and everyone was just exchanging gift cards. It's so much more relaxing now.

Pat, thank you for the lovely card. Love the gold accents and finished inside, too.

We got the tree up and house decorated yesterday, need to do some baking today. I made Challah bread french toast for breakfast (not my thing) but the kids loved it.

My dh is at the laundry mat. My washer flooded yesterday, ugh! Guess it's not quite fixed. It had a load of whites in it mostly towels and socks. They can't come until Tuesday afternoon, so Chuck hauled it out to wash it.

I was going to try to play along with some of the VSN challenges, but haven't had time. Heather are you playing along?

Linda, your candy making sounds amazing. Especially dark chocolate fudge, I'll be right over, lol! How is Denise feeling? I thought of her yesterday, I have a painted sand dollar tree ornament that she gave me and was thinking of her as I put it on the tree.

Better get cleaning up the kitchen. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 12-16-2012, 06:13 AM   #1774
Watercolor Wizard

Funny: My cousin mailed me a "12 Days of Christmas Florida Style" tea towel--you know the ones where they do Pink Flamingos, Dolphins, and Palm trees etc, instead of the classic poem/song. I followed her lead and sent Christmas "Boston style"-- sent her this cute cheery faced snowman mug with a polka-dotted saucer and some snowman soup (hot chocolate) and told her to use this when she has her 'cold spell of 70 degrees' down there! She got it yesterday and loved it! Said they don't get "snowman soup" down there! Glad it was a hit! I was thinking of buying one of those chubby cute mugs and planting some herbs in it for winter gardening!!! I know, I am not a gardener-but the thought sounds nice! I am forever watching those Foodie shows where they rip off some fresh herbs (they grew) and I get jealous!!! hahaha

Anyway, have a fabulous day everyone-just started to snow here-the sky is gray, we have to buy our tree today...get lots of things done here!

Kathleen--Oh I feel for you with the bogus washer--aaack! That, my friend is such a pet peeve with me--washer, dryer, fridge--when these things break down it drives me banana's!

Old 12-16-2012, 06:15 AM   #1775
Watercolor Wizard

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Imke I mailed your package about the same time Susanne did wouldn't it be funny if you got them on the same day?? I'm hoping you get them before Christmas...wow it will have to be next week. Christmas will be here before you know it!!
I do hope she gets both of our packages this week..<wishing real hard here>

Old 12-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #1776
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you for the beautiful (inside and out) card, Pat!

Linda, how was the party? Ivy and I tried to finish up our shopping yesterday and we had lunch at our favorite deli...there were all kinds of homemade Christmas treats, including a variety of fudge. I have not baked 1 thing yet!

Susanne, your "theme" gifts are always fun.

Kathleen, too bad about the broken washer; nobody needs that mess or frustration! Ack!

Imke, we don't buy gifts for the adults either. I do make an exception and always get gifts for my brother; he is single and we like to make him feel special...still playing the mother hen after all these years...I guess I probably always will.

Our vet has said to take Paisley off of puppy food, since rapid growth can contribute to OCD. Really hoping the "rapid growth" phase is over...she is plenty big. She is off with the boys now; they found a new field to run in, so she is very happy! She may get a bath today too....

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #1777
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello all just checking in to see what everyone is up to!

I need to get some baking done too! Where does the time go???
Old 12-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #1778
Die Cut Diva

Hard to believe the weekend is almost over.
Going out to supper tomorrow evening with my scrappin buddies and then back to my house to open gifts!!! I was trying to decide what to serve for dessert and one of my friends said she was bringing a red velvet cake...guess I don't have to worry about that anymore...she is such a sweetie. I went out in the garage this afternoon and dug out the Christmas dishes...whew haven't done that for a while but since having the group here tomorrow and family on Christmas Day thought I should. I forgot how pretty they are...also forgot that I broke a mug last time I used them. Darn...maybe someone will want a cold drink instead of something warm!!
Hope everyone had a nice Sunday.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #1779
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I have all the groups paired up for the next round. I am just waiting to hear back from a couple people before I actually post the groups.

Anticipation is wonderful. Maybe if I post early we can take advantage of some good online sales.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #1780
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
I have all the groups paired up for the next round. I am just waiting to hear back from a couple people before I actually post the groups.

Anticipation is wonderful. Maybe if I post early we can take advantage of some good online sales.
Yeay! I say post baby so we can "pimp" out some SS gifting!!! <smiles> hahaha

Old 12-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #1781
Hardware Hotshot

No, Kathleen, I didn't get around to any of the VSN challenges this time. Too busy!!

I haven't done any baking yet. Not sure if I will. We're spending time at my Grandmother and Mom's house, so there will be lots of baking there.

We still buy gifts for the "adults", but just our brothers and sisters-in-law and our parents. I suppose we might stop doing the whole present thing some day, but it's not a huge group. Ryan's mom lives a ways away and she doesn't have other family, so I like to send something to her and Ryan's Grandmother. Now that the next generation has appeared I'm sure the focus will switch, but right now she's the only one. My brother will probably have kids, but Ryan's brother will not, so it's easy to "celebrate" with each other.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:01 AM   #1782
Gabfest Goddess

Hi ladies! Tracie (our lovely hostess for Round 10) reminded me in a pm that I've been MIA from here. I was one of the deliquents she was waiting to hear from before getting the next round thread up and running. Sorry! Last week was a super crazy week around here. Hoping this week will be a bit better!

Happy to see that our buddy from across the hall, Lena, will be joining us in the next round!

Linda, just reading about the fudge you made made my mouth water! Mmmmm, I am such a chocolate lover, and homemade fudge is near the top of my list--right next to those Simply Caramel bars you got me hooked on

Oh, the Christmas cards I've been getting from this group have been amazing. Had Tom's brother and his family from Cincinnati staying with us this past weekend while the Tkacz side of the family celebrated Christmas with them. They were ooohing and aaahing over the wonderful craftmanship of all of you! Pat, I loved the non-traditional, soft colors of your card. Tracie, the snowflakes and silver/navy combo are gorgeous! Linda, being a kitty lover, your sweet window kitty with the die cut, glittery trees was just awesome! And Kathy, I always love your creations--the purples and navies with just the right touch of bling is so cute! I am so proud to display everyone's cards and boast to my visitors just how talented my online friends are!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:03 AM   #1783
Watercolor Wizard

Heather--it must be so much fun seeing the light and excitement in Claire's eyes about Christmas and Santa--Oh I used to love all the fun we had with our kids when they were small--I used the "Santa's watching" bit to pull rank at my house!!! ha-ha "We better get to bed--only X more day's until Santa comes!" Oh the excitement! Best hiding place for gifts--an ol cardboard luggage boxes in the basement--they never looked! They were tucked away--blended with basement decor...I was so proud of myself! hahahaha

Old 12-17-2012, 04:06 AM   #1784
Watercolor Wizard

I think MY cards may be a bit late--perhaps we'll call them "winter cards" as I am working on a heap of things--boo hiss to me!

Old 12-17-2012, 04:22 AM   #1785
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

I am on day 2 of a migraine, but I can't sleep. Usually sleep helps. Need to call the Dr. for a refill of my prescription.

I laughed at "Santa's watching" because I used to do that too and it worked really well! Wish it still did.... I tell the kids that Santa is real to those who believe...in other words, just play along and there will be a little extra for you under the tree.

Off to try and rest.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:26 AM   #1786
Gabfest Goddess

Heather, this should be such a fun Christmas for you, with it being Claire's first Christmas! My son was born in February also, and I fondly remember his first Christmas at 10 months of age! It opens up a whole new world for you!

Pat, you do such fun things with your scrappin' buddies!! (I wanna live near you!!) Hope you had a wonderful dinner and lots of fun opening gifts after! And kudos to you for all the fundraising you are doing to help out your LSS!

Linda, thinking about Denise, and hoping she is feeling better! We miss her around here!

Angela, wow! You've donated an incredible amount of hair. Your hair always looks so beautiful in the photos I've seen of you! It must be a lot of maintenance though, I'm not sure I could keep up with that. I'm a "three minute" hairdo kinda girl. Even my longtime (over 20 years) hairdresser knows that I hate to fuss with my hair, and if it takes more than 3 minutes outta the shower, I don't want that kinda hairdo. But what good you have had come out of keeping those lengthy tresses all these years.

Imke, it sounds wonderful that you are taking a little break from cardmaking and relaxing. I have never heard of those Burlington socks. I am very particular about the socks I wear (if I could I would go barefoot all the time, but that is not very practical in the winter!!) I will need to check them out.

Vickie, thinking of you, and Jenni and Delt and hoping all stays well!

Jo, getting the new house any more settled?? I'm thinking that with all the good thoughts and prayers from this group, the old house should sell soon!! There's a lotta power in this little group of ours!!

Last week I worked four nights in a row. Friday evening Tom's brother and his family came to stay with us while most of the family celebrated the holiday with them. They usually come up the weekend before December 25, so that they can be in their own home for Christmas morning. So it was a bit hectic here while I tried to work, watch Daniel, get the house ready, and get some sleep. Friday, I made a trip to the Ukranian Association to buy 32 DOZEN pierogies. (Cost $178!!) Tom's family is of Ukranian and Polish descent, and pierogies are a Christmas Eve tradition. I bought the pierogies for the Tkacz family Christmas Eve dinner, and then all the brothers and sisters wanted a few dozen for their freezer for after the holidays! Saturday was a fun time with Tom's family, and yesterday we celebrated with my side of the family. Whew! I am exhausted today.

During the chaos of last week, I did a sleep study here at home. My DH has been complaining that i snore loudly, gasp and stop breathing during sleep. So, even though I had been diagnosed with sleep apnea in the past, because I can't tolerate the CPAP mask, I haven't kept up with it. I went to my doctor, who fitted me with a little tiny monitor to track my breathing during one sleep at home. The very next day, after I turned the machine in for the results, I got a call saying I have to go into the sleep lab for more testing. I guess I had over 40 apneas an hour! No wonder I am so tired all the time!

Anyway, that's my story for the last week or so. Looking forward to our next round of fun--hoping I don't miss the new thread!

I'm sure everyone is busy with the holidays coming up. Hope you are all finding some time to relax and take care of yourselves!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:49 AM   #1787
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Dropping by to say hi!

I don't know why I'm such a procrastinator when it comes to mailing cards. That's my goal today...put cards in the mail.

Wrapped Delt's Christmas gifts and birthday gifts last night and will take them to UPS to send today.

Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #1788
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't read through the posts yet. I just received this heartbreaking pm from Lena.

FROM LENA!!

Linda I'm so sorry to have to send this message to you but I don't think I'm ready to post it myself.

Tina lost her 23 year old son last night. My grandson.
He was hit by a car while walking on the side of the road. He was in dark clothes and it was on a very dark rock road.

His father's birthday is today and as you know Tina's is the 20th.

Very emotional here and there for her. We will be leaving to go as soon as we can.

Keep us in your prayers.
Hugs
Lena

I just got this but it has been on my computer a few hours. I did not get on my computer until a few minutes ago and found this. It breaks my heart for her. Lena is such a great person and so fun and loving. I am praying she finds peace in God's love. I knew you would all want to know ASAP and be praying for her to.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #1789
Glitter Guru

Oh my goodness, Linda- I am speechless. This is so tragic and terrible. In my mind i'm with Lena, Tina and her family. Thanks for letting us know so i can send a card to both.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #1790

Oh my, this news brought me to tears. Lena, Tina and family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #1791
Stazon Splitcoast

They are in mine to ladies. I am getting cards ready to send out in a few days. Lena did not plan to spend Christmas in MN I am sure but she will be doing that I think. Tina definitely needs her Mother and I'm sure Lena needs her.

I have read through all the posts but just can't seem to comment on anything else right now.

Denise won't be on here too often for awhile. Her phone quit so she has no way of getting online. Gregg hasn't found a job, his unemployment ran out several months ago so things are tough for them right now, but at least they are together and have each other and their families and Grandkids near. Keep her in your prayers, please.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #1792

Linda, Denise is in my thoughts and prayers, too.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #1793
Hardware Hotshot

Oh NO!!! I just saw your message now Linda. My heart constricted just thinking about Lena and her family dealing with this...

Do you think she would mind if I posted this over at the Wish RAK forum? I know that she is very active over there and that people would want to know.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #1794
Glitter Guru

OMG, so sad for Lena and Tina right now. Thanks Linda for posting this for us. Just overwhelmingly sad, don't even have words right now.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #1795
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I am so sad for Lena and Tina. What a terrible tragedy. I will definitely keep them in my prayers.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #1796
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Oh NO!!! I just saw your message now Linda. My heart constricted just thinking about Lena and her family dealing with this...

Do you think she would mind if I posted this over at the Wish RAK forum? I know that she is very active over there and that people would want to know.
No, I don't think she would mind at all. I am sure she will appreciate you doing it.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #1797
Watercolor Wizard

I just saw this across the hall too--Oh My God....speechless....

Lena..prayers...thoughts your way--how horrible.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #1798
Die Cut Diva

Linda thank you so much for posting this news.
Lena so very sorry...you and your family are in my prayers.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #1799
Pearl-ExPert

I don't know you Lena, but you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

I will also try and remember Denise and her family, as well.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:11 AM   #1800
Glitter Guru

Linda- My cards are also ready for sending. I sat down yesterday evening and worked on it. Sympathy cards I have not in stock. If I need one, I do one - but not a second sooner.
I hope Gregg gets a new job soon. Lot easier with money. But as you say, they have each other and the big family. That's what counts. I wish all the best.

Patti- Pierogies are super delicious. I have some russian (german-russian) friends and the mother of a friend always makes them herselves. The pauses in breathing can be dangerous. Fortunately it was found. My neighbor was also in a sleep laboratory for testing. She needs to always wear an oxygen mask in the night. Keep my fingers cross for you !!!

Kathy- How did your children react to the elf or have you not done it ?

Tracie- Can you believe it, that there are some ladies I've never had as a Secret Sister ? And we have done it for so long ! I'm really curious about the new groups.
Closed Thread